www.DRI*DigitalRiver.comfraudulent charges!

B

I was recently informed that my Greendot card was used to purchase item i know nothing about. I don't even know what items were purchased. Greendot is telling me i need to write them a letter, why is there not a 800 number to call so I can get this settled quickly.

• Updated by avg fraud · May 14, 2019

RE your email of 14 May 20189, a Paypal deduction of £69.99 has been taken from my account without my agreeing to it. I do not want a renewal of o/n [protected] and cancel any subscription you think you have with me

• Updated by Computer Scan · Sep 15, 2019

was charged £44.99 for renewal of the AVG computer virus update. I did not authorize it nor do I require it. I purchase a computer virus scan across the counter and process the update myself. Please cancel the renewal and refund my Lloyds Bank Account.
    Don Blocker

• Updated by Computer Scan · Sep 15, 2019

Unauthorized charge for computer virus update.

• Updated by Edward B Veal · Apr 18, 2020

rec a charge in amount of 96.06 did not auth

• Ed
    Edward B Veal Apr 25, 2020

did not approve this transtraction

• Co
    Computer Scan Sep 21, 2019

on 15 Sep 19, I was charged £44.99 for AVG update. I did not authorize the charge; nor, do I want it. I purchase virus scans for cash. I did not receive an update last year for the last unauthorized charge. I will put a block on your future charges with the bank.
    Please refund my Lloyds Bank account.
    Don Blocker

• Av
    avg fraud May 20, 2019

maynaud Apr 10, 2019

Please cancel the automatique renew for my order
    Produit :
    VPN Avast SecureLine (5 appareils) (60-day Trial) - 1 appareil, 1 an

Référence de commande :
    [protected]

Date d'expiration :
    10 avril 2019

Because I cannot do it myself

[email protected]

Janet Larison Mar 09, 2019

I was charged on my paypal for a product from atlantic digital rivers which I did not buy $57.00 what kind of scam is this. I am not sure of what this is, I never even heard of this product. I need to get this cleared up before they take more money from e and I would also like a refund for what ever this is

• Ro
    Rosecraig Jan 22, 2019

I have been charged $89.99 on the 29/12/2018 on my credit card and I do not know what it is for . Can you please advise what this transaction is for as I have no knowledge of it. I require a refund immediately . The email associated with the business is [email protected]

Thankyou

Rose

Comments

maged afify Oct 25, 2018

Same thing just happened to me. I found a usd 49.99 charge on my card from the same "company".
    I have no idea what company this is but I just noticed a charge on my cib bank 23/10/2018 for usd44 .99!! After reading the other comments, it appears this is a fraudulent company of some kind. Whoever is running this scam needs to be turned in to the authorities and have criminal charges against them!! I have never pulled up a website to investigate an unknown charge on my credit card and have it show a "fraudulent company"!! Someone needs to take action and start investigating these crooks. I do not know but I would be more than happy to assist in putting an end to whoever is behind this scam. I am so tired of cancelling my credit cards due to crooks getting my number. Please let me know if anyone would be interested in finding out more about this fraudulent company. Thank you!!

maged afify Oct 25, 2018

Same thing just happened to me. I found a usd49.99 charge on my card from the same "company".

• My
    mystery woman Apr 11, 2016

I have no idea what company this is but I just noticed a charge on my American Express yesterday for $42.69!! After reading the other comments, it appears this is a fraudulent company of some kind. Whoever is running this scam needs to be turned in to the authorities and have criminal charges against them!! I have never pulled up a website to investigate an unknown charge on my credit card and have it show a "fraudulent company"!! Someone needs to take action and start investigating these crooks. I do not know but I would be more than happy to assist in putting an end to whoever is behind this scam. I am so tired of cancelling my credit cards due to crooks getting my number. Please let me know if anyone would be interested in finding out more about this fraudulent company. Thank you!!

Cathy

• Ic
    icondancer Jan 16, 2011

I ordered the student version yesterday, download did not finish, it will not let me retry. I paid for extended download, that, like the software I purchased is not available. Customer service gave me the run around and would not cancel order. I am contacting the BBB and my card issuer. To me this smells like fraud

• Ka
    karen Diener Dec 07, 2010

HI I ordered Office 2011 for MAC on the 5th. They charge me 169.99 which was the correct amount, however 12/7 they charged me another 156.14. They said the first was a pre-authorization. Huh really because I no longer have access to those funds!!
    I filed a complaint with the BBB

• Gp
    gpa Aug 07, 2010

I just had a $39.92 charge on my bank statement against my debit card. Tried to find out who Digital River was. Looks like the are an e-commerce company that develops anti-virus software for several companies - i.e. Avast, Norton. etc. The charge on my bank statement went through PayPal. Did more research. Found the charge is good. My wife had ordered Avast anti-virus program online from www.elements5.info, which is a distributor of the Avast program developed and sold to distributors who inturn sell to the public. Digital River bills for these companies and cuts them a check at the end of the month for all the products they sold during the month. Digital River is getting some bad press. If everyone would do more checking into the problem, I believe they would find that they signed up for the service or ordered and disk with the program on it so they can load via the disk.
    gpa

• Xo
    xomelox May 19, 2010

There as 6 pages of complains on here! I just recently have been a scam of this too. Something REALLY needs to be done about this. Its been going on for years now

• Sk
    skygirl2010 Mar 17, 2010

This company tried to charge my Visa $49.99. Luckily I have a very good Credit Union that provides fraud protection and they stopped them dead in the water! I haven't ordered anything from them that I know of and am PISSED!

• Sk
    Skye5 Mar 12, 2010

I just found this site as I searched for digital river.
    I am in Australia and discovered from an email from Paypal that 3 transactions for US$29.76 were charged thru Paypal apparently using my credit card on March 8 2010. Of course, I did not authorized these at all.
    Paypal is pretty useless when it comes to resolving problems, but I have reported this scam. Their advice is to contact my bank re the credit card.
    The purchase was reported as Digital River USD GMBH. The item was listed as WWW ELEMENT5.INFO with 3 different order numbers.
    I am watching to see if the credit card is used again illegally. If so, I will cancel it immediately. In Paypal, I changed my password, so hopefully this will block further attempts to use the account.
    I also contacted Digital River to request details of these transactions. So far no luck there.
    I hope you all have your problems resolved soon.
    Skye

• Ti
    timborama Dec 30, 2009

I also had charges show up on my online banking account activity report. Three debit card transactions, each of them exactly $65.15, were pending authorization, and thus the money for them was being held and was unavailable to me. Never having bought anything from DR, I knew immediately that something fishy was going on. I first called my bank and spoke with them. Got the "we can't do anything about it because VISA is in charge of your money and they have put a hold on these funds" runaround. I had never heard anything so absurd in my life and was rather angry with them. To prevent further theft, I cancelled my VISA card immediately and ordered another one (and thought about changing banks too although I'm sure they all operate the same stupid way). When I called DR at [protected] (after one dropped call and waiting on hold quite a while) the individual I spoke with finally cleared things up for me. After I gave him my credit card number (I didn't mind doing so since I had already cancelled it) and asked if he could pull up a history of my purchases, he told me the only records they had pertaining to my credit card had already been identified by them as being fraudulent. He informed me that no funds should be taken out of my account at all. I was so happy! As of now, the hold is still on the funds and they are still pending authorization, but it sounds as though everything will work itself out. I am filing a Check Card Dispute Form with my bank though, just in case.

• Sh
    shiela9 Dec 28, 2009

I just got one yesterday from this company...but it's a good thing my bank Wachovia blocked the charges and tried to confirm with me first if I permit those charges. Well I didn't know anything about it so I said it wasn't me. They told me it attempted to charge me $300 something three times. I'm so glad I was protected. Now they are sending me a new card.

• Do
    doneshopping Nov 24, 2009

DIGITAL RIVER CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER is [protected]

This number was hard to find so hope putting it out there for you. Obviously they don't want phone calls!

Just yesterday a charge for $206.05 from Digitalriver appeared on my Capitalone Visa. Fortunately, Capitalone flagged it and suspended my card. When I made a few more purchases and they were declined on the card, I made a call to Capitalone to find out why and discovered the fraud.

I made no such purchase of that dollar amount anywhere yesterday.

I called Digitalriver and they were very helpful. They tried searching for my "order" based on the dollar amount since I had no "order number". They couldnt find it so I had to give them my credit card number.
    Then they found it. It was for a Symantec Norton Internet Security suite or package or somesuch nonsense.

Their system also flagged and their fraud department cancelled it (based on what I do not know and neither did the customer service rep). So all is good EXCEPT for the fact that I need to cancel my Capital One card and get a new one!!!
    Thats no fun.

I guess the moral of the story is this: no matter how careful you think you are giving out your credit card info on-line, someone is watching!

• Ll
    llondy Nov 14, 2009

I just got off the phone with Digital river using the phone number provided above (Thanks for posting that because I was not able to find it online.). The person was not able to find any info until she tracked the CC number because I didn't actually order anything of course. It was linked to a purchase of Nortan Internet Security 2010 but because the purchase information was not complete and the charges were still pending it could be cancelled. I will monitor the account and make sure that this does not go through. Based on my conversation with the service rep it seems that there is a problem with their billing system for this product where people are getting charged even if they never bought anything but just signed up for a trial, maybe even without realizing it. Those that did purchase it are seeing the legitamate charge come through so it makes sense to them. This could be a valid explanation or just a way to cover for whatever scam is going on. All I know is that they do seem willing to take care of the situation once it is brought to their attention.

Joseph J. Hall Nov 13, 2009

Today I found three charges for over $600 for Digital River stuff bought yesterday. (no I did not buy anything form Microsoft or anywhere else as others suggest). In fact, I was working on a microwave tower all week and had nowhere to spend even a dime for lunch. I called my CC company and they already had my card on hold for suspicious activity. They canceled and are sending new cards out. They suggested I call "the merchant" and see if I can get these orders canceled as they are still "pending".

I called DR and could not get passed the ###s that answered their customer service line. The first one keeps asking me for an order number. I kept telling "Joyce" that I did not have one. She then said it would be on my email confirmation.. Duh.. Again, I said I did not have an email confirmation. I asked her to track it by my CC # or billing address. She said they can’t do that. I asked for a supervisor, and this is none. Etc, etc...

The second guy wasn't any better. He kept calling me "sir Mike", like I was some sort of knight or something. Bottom line is, I have to wait two weeks as per the fraud dept at the CC says and mail in a contested statement Meanwhile my mortgage goes unpaid.

This Digit River company seems to be a real PITA. I can’t believe that we let them get away with this stuff. Now I can’t use my debit/CC, and will miss my mortgage, let alone the time I have spent and will need to spend to clear this up. Granted someone stole my CC info, but I tried to get some sort of intelligent life from DR while still in the pending stages. Now, I need to wait for DR to take the money from my bank account and then try to get it back in two weeks. ARRRGGG Idiots!

chelsea857 Nov 11, 2009

Update: Okay, so I read some older postings and everybody is saying Digital River charges for various subscription services. The thing is, we aren't signed up for anything of the sort. These charges were in no way authorized by us and I stand my ground that we've never been associated with DR.

chelsea857 Nov 11, 2009

We were just charged over $400 (two charges of $211.23) by these jerks! Has anyone figured out how they get their number and suck your bank account dry? :(

This is absolutely terrible, seeing as we are currently filing for bankruptcy. We were never customers of Digital River and obviously never will be.

mayb4ever Nov 04, 2009

I had six charges from Digital River post to my bank of america bank account last night each for $190.12 = $1140.72

The bank had already flagged the account for fraudalent activity as it was posted so many times the same night so I was able to get the money refunded

I have never purchased anything from these people!

• De
    decay1134 Nov 03, 2009

Somehow I've been charged the last three years for 29.95 annually from this company. It was for a registry cleaner I would have never purchased because there are so many free sources on the internet. Perhaps someone got a hold of my card number? Doubtful because I do NOT shop online...Just never have. I called their customer service dept @ [protected] and received very little help. The woman looked up my supposed account, and could not tell me what it was that I had supposedly ordered. The only reason I found out what it was, got it canceled, and the charge removed from my account was that I called back and spoke to the supervisor on duty (customer service is open 24 hours a day), was polite, yet straight forward and "to the point". Don't bother trying to find a website about dri*element5, try www.digitalriver.com. (Which apparently does NOT list any phone number contact info...only physical addresses. I had to go to the yellowbook.com to find the phone #.

idalingi Nov 02, 2009

Updates #2: Now that my account balance is negative $997 with 7 pending charges from Digital River and 3 of my which needed to be cleared, I called Chase again but this time I talked to a supervisor. She suggested me to wait for those DR ones to clear and report them so she credit me $$1940.12 and ask me to call Claim Dpt as soon as they are posted. >_<

idalingi Nov 02, 2009

Updates: Just talked to Chase's claim department and they said I can't file a claim unless those 7 transactions are closed (mine are pending). That means, according to the customer service, let Digital River take my money, then I should call Chase again, they will send a claim form via email, I fill & reply it in the same day, and then I need to wait 2 long business days for Chase to credit it back to me! It's not a lot of money but still I do not like how this work so I just canceled my current debit card and will get a new one from the mail within TEN days or I could go to a branch to get a temp. card.

actually there are SEVEN charges : $277.16 x 7 = $1940.12

idalingi Nov 02, 2009

WTH!? I had SIX pending charges on my CHASE debit card from DIGITAL RIVER LUXEMBURG LU between 9:24 PM - 9:39 PM PST. Each at $227.16 for a total of $1362.96!!!

[email protected], how do I contact you?

• Jm
    [email protected] Oct 29, 2009

I was hit by Digtal River 4 times in one day. The 1st time they hit me, it was for $194.41 and my card stat is pending. Then they hit 3 more times and it was declinded. I am looking for an Lawyer that will take this case as a class action law suite and file a 100 million dollar claim, or Digital River can opt to settle out of court with each of us for $250, 000.00.
    If you were a victim of this scam, contact me and lets put these punks out of business, Bearny Madoff needs some company in jail.

• Ho
    Hounddog777 Oct 28, 2009

I was scammed as well, through Digital River. A train ticket purchased in Great Britain as well as a few other software purchases. My credit card company called me to investigate possible fraudulant use. I notified my state's Attorney General's office. You need to lodge a complaint with your own state's Attorney general's Office so Dogital River can be brought to accountability.

• Wi
    Windows7 Guy Oct 22, 2009

Just got off the phone with Digital River... the put a phantom charge as I was ordering online. When I hit "Submit Order", all of a sudden I had a $13 charge for a disk kit that I never even added to my cart. Theywere very understanding when I called to have them cancel the kit, and everything was taken care of inside 5 minutes. Fraudsters... yes. But they seem to know that they're system screws up and will do what they can to improve the overall validity of the transaction. Just be firm and demand that a credit be issued for whatever the problem is.

• Je
    jeffrey1234 Oct 21, 2009

[protected] for those that want to call their toll free number and find out what and why they were charged...

• Hu
    hubbart Oct 20, 2009

This company charges $214.00 on my debt card and have done it 5 times... now my bank is temporarily freezing my card it will take a week to get a new one! WTF!

• Me
    mel t Oct 10, 2009

My husband's account was compromised and over $1400 was used last week. ATMs in NY (we're in TX) and some online company called ZoneLab. We disputed and he got a new card...mine had no unauthorized activity.

Tonight we see online that MY card now is being used for the same online product, ZoneLab, as well as Digital River. About $400 additional charges. I cross referenced these two companies to see if there was a correlation and "Kaspersky" came up in my google search, at which time I realized that these are all connected.

We purchased our laptop several months ago from Best Buy, who recommended we purchase Kaspersky Anti-Virus. We cancelled the service in July. The Geek Squad from BB had our computer to work on it in August. Then our fraudulent charges began weeks later.

Coincidence? We think not.

• Ji
    jill d Oct 02, 2009

today i went to the atm to withdrawl some $ and found that my bank card was restricted. the atm directed me to check with my bank. guess what?! someone tried to use my bank card to purchase something from digital river at a lofty price of $142.16. i was lucky-my bank caught it on time...i bank with wachovia in case anyone wants to change banks!!

• Everyone...calm down...I too have been the victim of my share of scams. I had a payday advance years ago at a place, and one night someone broke in and stole an entire file cabinet of clients checks
    and information. I was preganant and on bed-rest and had to deal with it for nearly a year. Thank God my bank handled the headache more so than I did.

My experiance with Digital river is from software purchases. Microsoft uses them when you purchase online software. They must get hammered with the request for refunds, so that Im unsure how
    they afford to stay afloat. check back through your ledger, and you will see you more than likely either purchased from them or had a renewal for software of some sort. They are getting a bad rep
    because we are not t aking time to investigate our purchases. keep good track of what you spend and note which of your purchases have cleared your account. this way you wil expect the charge and if
    you do not recognize the debitor, you can further investigate.

I purchased my vista through them, and seen the authorization right after the purchase. I wrote it off in my mind. Obviously it was just an auth. and fell off the account for a few days. I had paid no
    attention to the fact that the auth. said "Digital River". once it posted a few days later I was furious! I emailed them, a fuming email. They refunded my money BEFORE a rep CALLED ME to help me
    resolve the issue. Even after discovering it was a valid charge, they refused to re-charge me and the repsaid "please keep the refund as a sign of our apology for your inconvenience this may have caused you".

So my software ($149.98) was in essence: free!

You guys, keep up with what you buy, read the bold print at the bottom of the screen on the digital reciept, and investigate when it doesnt add up!

Good Luck Guys!!!
    -WeBiNvesTigaTorForTheConSumerS

John Howell Sep 28, 2009

Have just had $643.23 charge to my debit card put me way into the red -who can I contact - any one know -please!!!

John Howell Sep 28, 2009

This has just happened to me - Greenville NC-a charge for $643.23 -what can i do about it! -who do i contact -([email protected]) am now way into the red on my account

Mamaof3 Sep 28, 2009

Help! This has just happened to me too. 2 charges for 219.18 to Digital River. Has anyone had any luck getting the charges reversed?

• Do
    donna mclaughlin Sep 28, 2009

i didnt know authorize this is my account check my account and was charged 34.99 i would like a reimbursement on my account for this amount.ATM Card Hold (5658) DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM WWW.MYORD.COMMNUS 09/27/2009 5:35:00 AM 09/30/2009 5:34:00 AM $34.99
    Total for this page