www.DRI*DigitalRiver.comfraudulent charges!

B

I was recently informed that my Greendot card was used to purchase item i know nothing about. I don't even know what items were purchased. Greendot is telling me i need to write them a letter, why is there not a 800 number to call so I can get this settled quickly.

• Updated by avg fraud · May 14, 2019

RE your email of 14 May 20189, a Paypal deduction of £69.99 has been taken from my account without my agreeing to it. I do not want a renewal of o/n [protected] and cancel any subscription you think you have with me

• Updated by Computer Scan · Sep 15, 2019

was charged £44.99 for renewal of the AVG computer virus update. I did not authorize it nor do I require it. I purchase a computer virus scan across the counter and process the update myself. Please cancel the renewal and refund my Lloyds Bank Account.
    Don Blocker

• Updated by Computer Scan · Sep 15, 2019

Unauthorized charge for computer virus update.

• Updated by Edward B Veal · Apr 18, 2020

rec a charge in amount of 96.06 did not auth

Allison Mar 06, 2008

Same thing just happened to me. I found a $39.99 charge on my card from the same "company".

• Ni
    Nicole Mar 06, 2008

Today I also found a fraudulent charge from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM today, it was for $44.95. I definitely did not order anything from these people and I have reiterate how shady it is that there is no telephone number or email address available for this group.

• Bi
    Bigsef77 Mar 11, 2008

I have received a fradulent $44.95 charge from: DRI*digitalriver.com. My online bank account does NOT have any phone # to contact this supposed "company". I am very angry & this seems like a pile of crap...

• Kr
    Krista Mar 27, 2008

I recently today checked my statement online and i have this charge from DRI*DigitalRiver.com for $44.95 i immediately called my bank to dispute the charge and they said they couldnt do anything about it until after the charge went through tomorrow. When it went through i would have to get the number and dispute it with them and if they didnt reimburse me then i would be able to dispute it through the bank. I thought the best thing to do right off hand was the change my debit/credit card and pin and such so this wouldnt happen again. The bank allowed me to do so. I told them about these postings online and what they said about not having a phone number and they replied all charge as such need phone numbers and there would be one i replied well what if there wasnt and they continued with the same response..
    Has anyone had any resolution with such did anybody get reimbursed

• Or
    Ora Wolf Mar 27, 2008

I have 2 charges from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM
    does anyone know what or who they are?

• So
    Sonja Apr 01, 2008

The same thing happend to me. There was a charge of $49.99 Does that mean that they can keep charging my bank card when ever they want to. I am going to change my bank account and pin #. I called by bank and they are going to do an investigation.

• Ka
    Karan Apr 02, 2008

How do I get in contact with DRIDigitalRiver.com? They have charged me with something I did not order or download. Help anyone?

Christine Apr 02, 2008

I just got a charge on my credit card for DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM for $239.95! I think this company has serious probelms with using other peoples credit cards. It looks like this happens a lot. Luckily my credit card will reimburse me for this charge.

• Ca
    Cat Apr 02, 2008

I just received a charge from the same company and called my bank about it. Turns out it was actually a charge from Symantec for my Norton Anti-Virus renewal. If any of you have your the same program, it may be set up on an auto-renew plan. Digitalriver is likely just a card processing-middle man. Double check with your bank to see where the charge actually roots from!

• Wa
    Wayne Mumma Apr 04, 2008

I just got charged $39.95 on my Wachovia bank card, never ordered anything from this company. I am contacting my bank now...I canceled my account with Symantec and have not used Norton Anti-virus for over 1 year ago.

• La
    Laxman Apr 05, 2008

Today my bank showed an transaction from "dri.digitalriver.c my ord.com" for 79.98 $ and thinking what action can taken or how to know who initiated the tracsction?

joe Apr 07, 2008

Just happened to me. Some kind of phishing scam I think. I contacted my bank and they are going to assist me in handling this.

• Pa
    PANSEY Apr 14, 2008

I just had a charge from Dri*digitalriver.com and didn't know what it was. Well it was a legitiment charge as it was for software I purchased online from H&R block to do some back taxes. The site I used was taxcut.com. When I went to research my order from HR block I found that this is the software they or the company they use to process the order.
    Hope this helps

• Li
    Lilly Apr 24, 2008

Same thing just happened to me. A charge of $49.99 showed up on my bank account, it was from DRI Digital river.com They have no e-mail or 800# but I eventually found a # to reach them.They told me the charge was for virus protection and refered me to a different company who knows nothing about this transaction.
    I had to cancel my bank card and change my account info.

angry May 01, 2008

I *just* woke up this morning to a charge from them for 39.99. I don't have Norton AV nor have I ever ordered any tax software. Their charge didn't list a # and their website only allows you to e-mail them through their online form, so through some google magic I was able to find this # for them: [protected]
    I am currently on hold to speak with a customer service rep and have been on hold for about 20 minutes. I have yet to contact my bank since I'm going to try to resolve this through them first, but from past experiences with fraudulent charges my bank has always handled these things properly and am confident they will reimburse me if this company is in any way uncooperative.

• De
    Deb May 02, 2008

same thing here. I'm out working and some ### is out on a shopping spree on my money. total was 870.24. I woke up early that morning and checked my account balance-said there was a hold for that amount-canceled the card -hopefully it did not go through-I tell my kids to invent a security program for this damn internet and out smart these ###!!!

• Mi
    Michael DiSotto May 27, 2008

I am having the same issue. Who are these people

Jarrod R May 27, 2008

I freaked out about a charge. Seeing one of these posts reminded me that I had made a purchase from Symantec. In the confirmation e-mail it says this at the bottom:

"Symantec Store Customer Service is provided by Symantec. Any refunds, as applicable, will be processed by Digital River. All physical products (e.g. boxed shipping products) will be shipped by Digital River, Inc. Digital River is the authorized e-commerce merchant for the Symantec Store."

From the DigitalRiver.com company information page:

"More than 40, 000 companies...have selected Digital River as their e-commerce partner, including Adobe, Canon Europa, Gateway, H&R Block, Circuit City, CompUSA, Microsoft, Symantec and Targus."

So if you have made any online purchases in the last few days or weeks it could have gone through Digital River.

• Fe
    Federica Lanier Jun 02, 2008

I was charged $ 33.98. It was a non authorized/non requested renewal of anti virus software. They said it was "automatic".
    I asked for refund.

anon Jun 12, 2008

I noticed a $49.99 charge pending on my bank account yesterday, and like many people above, my bank was unable to give me more detailed information. I have been receiving emails regarding the expiration of my CA Internet Security Suite, so I called them at [protected] and it turns out that I was set up for auto-renewal. They cancelled the existing order and processed a refund without any hassle.

Hope this helps!

Janet Jul 05, 2008

I noticed a charge for $25.98 from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.com. Like others I cancelled the existing order and processed a refund without any hassel. Now I have this charge. I will deal with this Monday.

• Kw
    K. Williams Jul 20, 2008

On July19, 2008, Dri*DigitalRiver withdrew $49.99 from my checking account. I did not authorize or purchase any merchandise from this company on that date. I've contacted them to return my money. I have not heard back from the company as of today.

• Su
    Susan Jul 23, 2008

Digital River seems to have been contracted by Symantec, among others, to process the orders for their software. I had the same problem as many here - I had two charges on my credit card for $39.99. I called Norton and they said that I had been set up for automatic renewal. The second charge seems to have happened when I responded to Norton's email notifying me about the pending renewal. Somehow whatever I did created another order which was processed through Digital River. Norton said that they could extend my subscription for another year or refund my money. I had Norton disable the automatic renewal feature so that this does not happen again.

• Bh
    B. Hunt Jul 30, 2008

I received this charge as well, for $68.97 on July 30th and it is a legitimate charge. I purchased software online from Acronis for that exact same amount. Be careful about saying that this is a fraudulent charge. Chances are you purchased something for that amount from a legitimate company and just do not recognize the "DRI-Digital River" name on your charge because it's not the same name as the company you purchased from. This company is just a credit card processing company for many different other companies.

• Kc
    K C Prochnow Aug 01, 2008

I'm be charged from this web site. I have not ordered anything from them, and don't even know who they are. I've filed a complaint with my financial institution. I want my money back

• Vi
    Vicki Elliott Aug 05, 2008

I just had a charge of $49.99 on my account. I did not make any purchase for this. This is pretty scary that this company is getting away with this. Someone needs to investigate them. As they have no phone number, can't call about this. What a scam.

Jaime Aug 06, 2008

I also just had a charge of 44.95 to my checking on 8/6/08. Who is this company? I didnt authorize this fradulent charge and they overdrafted my account!!! I reported this to my bank as soon as I saw this!

andy Aug 11, 2008

i was charged 31 dollars for a "renewal" on a anti spyware.. this is a wonderful idea to help your computer, i hadnt checked my e-mail and after i spoke with her i saw the confirmation e-mail that was sent to my e-mail address, so i was notified before the charge... i called the number that a previous review listed, spoke with a nice lady, told her i didn't want the renewal and she refunded me with no problems.

Maria Aug 30, 2008

Ok I saw a charge from DRI*DIGITALRIVER - which is a credit card processing company for several vendors selling Anti Virus software companies. They charged my credit card $29.99, but the company/vendor name never shows. So it is easy to think that DRI is a fraud. Their phone number is [protected], it was hard to get this number.

If it were not for Anon, who gives the [protected] belonging to CA Anti Virus, I would have never gotten DRI’s 800 number. CA, kept saying they are not DRI, but when I asked who is their credit card processing company they use, they said DRI. Only then is when I demanded DRI’s 800 number.

• Lp
    L.P. Sep 01, 2008

This morning I found a charge on my wachovia account of $66.98. I feel that if these charges are indeed for my anti-virus provider, you would think that they would inform you that the payment is going through a middle-man for their service. I recieved this on a holiday, so I've got to cancel this service the next business day. I am furious!

• Ab
    Abber Sep 24, 2008

On my account was the same charge $44.95 which it is coming from.. you guessed it DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM which is a company that handles charges for all kind of companies in my case was Trend Micro's Auto renewal, called the number posted on their website and voila they canceled the charge "BUT" they do want you to erase/uninstall/burn if possible any copy of the program! that may explain those high dollar amounts of some of the other posters have noticed on their statements. The number for Trendmicro side of Digital River is [protected]. Just in case this happens again I canceled my cards and got new numbers, if you want to renew your software BUY the hard copy at the store and avoid all the madness! good luck...

• Re
    Rey Sep 25, 2008

Last year I purchased a yearly subscription for CA Anti-virus protection. My contract was due to expire on 9/25/08 and today I see this charge from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM. According to www.myord.com, digital river is a 3rd party vendor that processes payments for over 30, 000 clients. This web site will ask for your email and last five of your card and it will show you more details of what the order was. I would suggest checking that information before you contact your credit card to dispute the charge.

• Ry
    ryan Sep 25, 2008

i recently got a charge on my card from DRI*DIGITALRIVER, and i do not know what it is, i called my bank and they said they couldent do anything about it untill it went through, then they told me i could dispute it, but why in the hell these sons of ### dont have a 1 800 number, u know why because they about 2 be 1 800 suckin my dick...ohh plzz forgive my language, but you ...know this is ###!!!...im a walkin talkin, 1000 curse word!!!...these ###s r gonna refund me, apologize, beg for forgiveness, and kiss my white naked ###!!!...###in ###, ###, ###, ###, suck it, homo, dick, ###, skeee skeeee skeeee...sorry 2 all the other people that they did this 2, plz dont be offended by my use of words...but this ### pisses me off, ...hahaha muther###ers cant get money so they charge random peoples bank accounts...again ohh well...lets see how long these ###ers be in business now...hahahahahahahahahahahwaha...ha...haha...haha...ha...ha...i disagree to agree with them...beap..beap

• Sh
    Shawn Estep Oct 04, 2008

Those DRI Digital River.com is from Norton Antivirus company. I know its weird that there is no phone number, and a strange name but thats where it's from Norton Anti virus program renewal...

• St
    Steve Oct 08, 2008

I purchased Microsoft Works and downloaded it over the internet and then purchased the back up disc as well, I was charged for the download at first and then about a month later I was charged for the disc, i was worried for a minute but then I looked back and saw it was the same company and it added up to the original receipt, i do know that they work with a lot of companies, so hopefully this will help!

• Te
    TERRI GRAVES Oct 09, 2008

I ordered CA anti virus and anti spyware suite download through microsoft. When you order this product dri*digitalriver.com is the company that microsoft uses to process their payments. As well as Norton anti virus software. So this company probably provides there services to various other anti virus companies.
    If you bought CA antivirus suite their phone number is [protected] they will refund your money asap. If you have anti virus software with different company you need to call them you may have auto renewel.

Good luck,
    Terri

• Je
    Jessica Nov 03, 2008

[protected] worked for me. They were very polite and gave me an immediate refund. Thank you Maria.

• St
    stan Nov 03, 2008

My charge was for 39.95, I freaked out for a minute but remembered I preordered H and R block tax cut a couple days ago. I was not on hold very long but I called at 8 o'clock pm tho.

Good luck all,

alicelowery Nov 17, 2008

todigitariveridontnowhoyouaremybankinformmethat.yourcompanytook139.84dollarsformmycheckingaccontionidintntgivenooenthereprmiontotakeitoutputitbackasap.rightnowthankyou

alicelowery Nov 18, 2008

mynameisalicelowerysomeonetook139.84from.mychecking.mybankaccountonnov.15.08ididnt.tellthemi.wantmymoneybackinmyaccount.rightnow.are.igonne.presschangesaganeswhatever.company.mybankwillhanderwhoeveryouarepleaseputitbackasap.ididnttellanyonetakethatmoneyfrom.myaccount.putitbacknow.iamtired.of.peoplesthanktheycanjust.takemymoney.when.thatfelllikeit.thankyou.mrslowery.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices