Complaints & Reviews

fraudulent charge

I recieved a charge on my credit card for 299.00 while vacationing in costa rica The company digital river...

double billing

I recently upgraded/updated my Norton Anti Virus service. I received an email w/my order number etc. I wa...

false charges

Renewed Norton Anti-Virus and invoice shows will be billed from DR*Symantec for 49.99. Well what shows up i...

unauthorized charge

I have an un authorized charge from DRI Digital river - www.myord.com We were on vacation and I came back to...

unauthorized billing

I ordered a product only to learn that I would have to download it. I immediately canceled the order and still was charged for it. I even called on two different days to confirm the cancellation went through as well as the credit card company.Then, when I got my bill a month later there was a charge for a product that was received. They will not return my money.

• En
    ENGENG Jun 02, 2010

READ TERMS AND CONDITION BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN!!!

unlawful charges

I dont even know who this freakin company is and they took 44.95 out of our account now I will freakin close my God dam account right now. Some body is going to pay for this my account is in the whole I had no money in my account who the hell does this company think they are, they are going down big time, I will close the account and that account will never get paid. I am so freakin pissed, someone is going to pay I have enough God dam financial problems now I have to close my account I have absoutely nothing. This company sucks and so does this country. You got some money hungry people out their you freakin nuts the God dam rich get richer and the poor get poorer .

• Ro
    rouge000000 Dec 27, 2009

Digital River is not a 3rd party reseller of any companies or manufacturers that we support (almost 44, 000 different companies) all of them are just paying us to take orders from the customer and then the only thing that we do is to forward that orders to their database and they the one whos gonna process the transaction. The only main responsibility that we do with these transaction is to make sure that the customer's received the product. If not, we can just go ahead and send a notification to the vendor and request for a resend or reshipment. WE ARE NOT THE ONE WHOs SETTING THE RULES ON OUR END. WE ARE JUST FOLLOWING A CERTAIN POLICY THAT OUR CLIENTS SETS FOR US! IF ONLY WE HAVE EVERY TOOLS THAT WE CAN USE TO GRANT ALL YOUR REQUEST, WE WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO DO IT FOR YOU! WE ARE ALSO HUMAN BEINGS WHO UNDERSTANDS HOW IT FEELS IF WE ARE THE ONE ON YOUR END. JUST TRY TO IMAGINE YOU ARE THE ONE IN MY SHOES! CUSTOMER SCREAMED AT YOU, CURSED YOU, AND TREATHENS YOU BUT YOU CANNOT DO IT FOR HIM/HER BECAUSE ITS EITHER IT IS ALSO THEIR FAULT, ARROGANCE, STUPIDITY OR THE POLICY OF THE VENDORS THAT YOU MUST FOLLOW OR ELSE YOU'LL YOUR JOB!!! HOWEVER WHOS READING THIS, IF YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING, I HOPE YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THE THOUGHT OF THIS COMMENTS!

fraudulent caharges

A total of 69.99 was fraudulently charged to my credit card. There is no phone number or address to contact...

renew avant! fee

This conappeared on my desktop mysteriously about a year ago, suspect it may have been installed by...

unauthorized charge

Dri*digitalriver.comwww.myord.com mn appeared as a debit to my checking account for $35.95. I have never heard of this company, nor have I authorized this transaction.

I have a feeling that this appeared after a hoakie transaction from a company called fx supplements. maybe the two are connected?

I am pursuing a dispute with my bank for investigation.

I didn't order any of your products

I didn't order anything. I would like to have my money back to my account. Please return this message asap! Thanks!

fraud on my credit card

I have a charge of 59.95 on my credit card that i
Never ordered and don't even know whaat it is.

• Ru
    Ruby Samuels Nov 12, 2008

The above mentioned company has debited $67 dollars to mychecking account without my consent. How do I get my money back and how did they get my checking account number?

stole money from me

I recieved a charges on my account as dri*digitalriver.com i have no idea who they are how they got my personal info such as my credit card #.

#1 fcc / federal communication commission: can be notified and will put the website under investigation for legal purposes.

#2fdcpa / federal debt collection protection act: because now you will be recieving collections calls for debt you / consumer have charged 31 to 36 days past due, illegally where charged for so now the fcc will help you, yes it is alot of paper chasing for some as littles charges as $5 up to as i was charged 3 times for different amounts $60, $160 & $165. If payment is not recieved to this boggus website your credit will be effected.

#3make a police report: id theft with your local police dept and follow thru, get your hard earned money back that was stolen from your personal credit card / check debit card.

#4keep contact with phone #s time date: when speaking to debt collectors and keep police report# handy also

Good luck

• Ki
    King Carver Aug 09, 2008

These jerks just took $44.95 out of my debit card without my permission. I suspect this could be Norton anti virus. A year ago I purchase their software on line and since they have my card info, they took the liberty of billing me again. I could be wrong about this, I just don't know.

• Be
    Beatriz Nov 09, 2008

I dont know what the debit you did was about. Can you please tell me?

• Do
    Donna sherrill Nov 24, 2008

we also had 2 charges from this company for $52.16 each.have no idea how they got my husbands credit card ##.he never gives it out anyone on the web!!!I am pissed and iam going to take action...Donna

• Do
    Dolores Jun 09, 2009

I recently purchased Norton anti-virus and I noticed that I was charged an extra $69.99. There was no phone number to follow up to what this charge is for. Please help me find a way to stop these charges.

• Gu
    Gul Dukat Aug 03, 2009

It may be that you inadvertently purchased an Auto-Renew product from Symantec. You should call Customer Service to find out. If your Norton product is, indeed, one of their Auto-Renewing pieces of software, or a demo-product that automatically deducts from your account when the test period runs out, that could explain the charges.

Norton, Microsoft, and other companies sell software of this type.

Digital River probably has Customer Service people who can help you ferret this out.

• Ra
    Randy Pepper Jan 06, 2010

I logged online to my checking account and found a charge for $48.96 which i did not authorize. Why would i go online to a California company to buy digital equipment when i can get it in washington state faster?

• Im
    imlthrfce Feb 14, 2010

I logged in to my bank account this morning and saw a charge of 29.99 I have no Idea who or what this company is but If they feel they can just walk in and take peoples money then I shall have no choice as to take immediate actions and file charges .

02/14/2010 SIGNED PURCHASE DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COMWWW POS 29.99
    This was an unauthorized charge to my account I have no Idea who they are.

unauthorized charge?

Who the hell are you? I have no record of any charge to any such company. Please rectify immediately or provide me with an explanation!! Why are you handling the norton antivirus subscription renewals?
Thank you.

• Fi
    first blood Oct 04, 2009

i don't know who you are but i was charged $53.00 from this site, i have only been in here to see why you have access to my bank account this situation better be taken care immediately!!! i have copied this home page and a record of my bank account and put it in an envelope to mail to the better business bureau, if this is not taken care or if you or anyone associated with this sire comes near my account again they can deal with you

charged my acct for virus protection 81.95

charged my acct for virus protect for 81.95 dollars which i didnt get at all i didnt want to spend that much anyway,

paid for software download but didnt get it

I purchased student software from Microsoft through Digital River for $59 plus 6.95 for electronic downloading. There was an error downloading it. This problem started 10/3/08 and now it is 10/9/08 and I still haven't gotten my download or any help from Digital River. I have sent them emails once or twice daily and each reply is from a different person but the answer is always the same. It is a standard answer that makes so sense. I am being told to click on a link and when I do, I am asked for a password (which I never got).

Then you are told to click on an alternate link if you forgot your password so I click on this hoping they will send me another password. But now I am being asked for my university email address (which I don't have and I never had one).

Btw it's not needed, since I was given the download link without before. I have scanned all my receipts and registration from school to show that I qualified for this software and now I don't have it and no one cares.

There is no phone number for Digital River. No one ever addresses my questions, I don't think they read my emails, they just send the same reply over and over again.

I am now going to post a complaint on every board I can about this company. M3cents.com is next.

People - beware of Digital River. My next step is to write a complaint to my credit card company and if I have to write another one to Consumer Affairs then I will do that to. I have no idea if Microsoft is aware of how this company
Treats their customers. But I will try contacting them too.
Oct 9, 2008 @ 8 pm

• Br
    brenda9417 Mar 31, 2009

Yes, I think Microsoft is definately aware of how Digital River treats their customers. The Microsoft representative that I spoke to said he gets "alot of calls" regarding Digital River's lack of customer service. He gave me their phone number: 1-877-568-7061. I'm posting everywhere I can (because it's not online) and the only way you can contact them is via email (which they do NOT respond to). I also suggest that you file a complaint with the BBB. The form is an online form found at their website, and takes only a few minutes. https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THEM. These people are crooks, and won't stop unless they are forced to by someone other than their customers.

charge my card for no reason

I have a charge from your for $13 from my bank statement. I would like to know why? here is what is posted on my account.
Pos debit dri*digitalriver.com www.myord.com link to more information in a new browser window. $13.00
I have never been on your website until today to find out who is charging my account. also how did you get my bank information.

• Ca
    calle38 Oct 25, 2008

I have not used your website till today and where did you get my bank accout #. Will go Monday Morning to the bank and stop this charge of $29.99 and any other actions they want to take.

Jason Nov 06, 2008

I was concerned about this charge, too, but then I remembered it's the billing company for Norton. If you have Norton auto-renewal, the auto-renewal will show up from Digital River.com.

• Je
    Jeanette Vincent Nov 17, 2008

I do not know why you charged my card are my bank cause my card was just replaced can you tell me why you charged me 59.99 cause I do not remember ordering any thing.3

Santadoc May 16, 2009

I just had a charge that was 114.99 at 3:00 AM. I'm not up at 3:00AM and certainly not buying anything at that hour. Called the bank and found out that information after checking my account statement and getting peeved at seeing this pending transaction.

• Me
    meldyan Oct 02, 2009

I order from Norton Renewal as well however I already have a charge from them, so why do I also have the same exact charge from this site?

unauthorized charge

My bank account was charged 69.98 from dir*digitalriver.com i have no idea who they are. I had made a...

fraudulent charges on my card

I have no idea who these people are or why they charged my card $63.98. There is no number listed for me to...

scam

I merely went to Norton Antivirius website looking around for some software to protect my computer. I only...

unauthorized credit card charge

My credit card statement received today shows an unathorized charge for $34.95 from DRI Trend.

I called the number 952.253.1234 for DRI and had a "live" person remove me from the "automated" renewal list. He said they would put through a Debit to my credit card account for the $34.95 today and later I received an email telling me that my account with Micro Trend was cancelled.

Keep in mind THAT I NEVER ORDERED A RENEWAL. They simply did that on their own initiative knowing that a certain number of customers will not notice the unauthorized charge and another percentage will just accept it, even though they have never ordered it. A SCAM!

• Ia
    I am not paying for that Mar 29, 2010

Same thing happened to me, I informed my fraud department of my credit card to immediatley stop and reverse the transaction due to the unauthorized charge. If this keeps up Trend Micro will loose a loyal customer! I have enjoyed their software program for several years and have never had this issue. I will be on the phone with them shortley...

• Em
    Emilda Sep 30, 2011

Where can I buy trend micro aside from digital river? One that is safe financially.