DRI*DigitalRiver.com www.myord.co mnfraudulent charges on my card

H

I have no idea who these people are or why they charged my card $63.98. There is no number listed for me to call for me to even verify IF it's something I charged or not!

• Va
    valori malloy-green Oct 21, 2008

I have never heard of this company that has a pending debit of 69.99. I need to know where charge was made from. If you can help please reply.

• He
    Heather LeBreton Oct 21, 2008

10/21/08 I have just talked to someone else who is victim to this scam. no one seems to know who they are or how to get in touch with anyone from their company. some how they manage to get money from your debit cards and on top of that when you file for a complaint, they actually show your name as part of their company info so it looks like you are apart of their scam. this poor lady called me thinking I work for them because I had actually come on here to look up contact info and file a complaint for the same thing happening to me. a good point she brought up is if you fall victim to these snakes, contact your local district attorney. I also suggest you call your bank immediately! watch out people. these guys are really shifty!!!

• Jl
    J. lembo Nov 12, 2008

I had two charges for several hundred dollars made against my account by this outfit as well.

• Ab
    ABED ELREDA Nov 15, 2008

I ordered software from a company that I found on the microsoft website which I thought will be safe, the company turned out to be based in japan it is called recosoft.
    Now the charge on my credit card is from www.myord.co mn but I never received the download instead I received an error message right after I entered my credit card info and they don't have a phone number they only have a fax number and an e-mail I tryed communicating with them through both but no answer.
    Recosoft corporation
    Hommachi 1-5-6 4th flr., chuo-ku, osaka, japan 541-0053
    Fax: +[protected]
    Email: [protected]@recosoft.com
    This is their information if you can complain about them to anyone do it
    We may be able to put these theives out of business
    Please e-mail microsoft about them
    I did that but the more the better

• Me
    Melissa Nov 16, 2008

I too was just charged by this company for $35.95. I have no idea what this company is, what they do, or how they got my credit card/debit card information!! I am in the process of contacting my bank for further assistance, but with it being a sunday they are unable to help me... I will be walking into my bank first thing tomorrow morning to let them know I did not make this charge — will also have to cancel my debit card and get a new one which is also an inconvenience!! if anyone has more information please share — as it seems this is happening more frequently...!! this is fraud!!!

• He
    Heather LeBreton Nov 18, 2008

Please be advised that the above address listed for the dri*digitalriver.com company is not they're address. the phone number and address they listed is my own personal address and I am also a victim of fraudulent charges from them. do not contact me. I cannot help you. I am in the process of getting them to remove my personal contact info from their site. I would advise you call your district attorney's office if you have fallen victim to dri*digitalriver. comwwwmyord.co mn charging you charges unauthorized by you.

• Pa
    paul Nov 26, 2008

On 11/26/2008, I got a pending charge from them for $29.94. I've never heard of them either. Chase closed my debit card.

• Ti
    Tina Dec 16, 2008

My account has been fradulently charged by this company dri*digitalriver.comwww.myord.co mn my bank stated that we should report them to the online better business bureau.

• De
    deap bluc Dec 17, 2008

Today I purchased a two-year contract with symantec (norton) for an anti-virus protection software program for my computer. the exact amount of the program was also the exact amount charged to my card today via this river company. when I checked the confirmation letter from the software company, it does state in small print that this river company handles the inital charge and then processes it for symantec. so it must be some kind of go-between finance processing company. for everyone who suddenly sees that name on their account, I would recommend you think back to something you may have purchased via the internet in the same amount that is charged to your account. I downloaded the software program today already and have the product.

• De
    deap bluc Dec 17, 2008

Here's a portion of the email I received today from the company I bought a product from; please note the mention of the river company:

Symantec will send an email with the renewal and billing details prior to your subscription’s expiration date. you authorize symantec to use the contact and billing information you provided for your purchase to charge each renewal. you also authorize digital river to transfer the contact and billing information you provided for your purchase today to symantec for this purpose.

• Ph
    Phill C. Jan 27, 2009

I was charged $24.97 from the exact same company, but for me it was a totally legit transaction. I purchased turbo tax from h&r blocks website and the charge just shows up as "dri*digitalriver.com www.myord.co mn"

sar May 11, 2009

I too just checked my credit statement and saw dri*digitalriver. c www.myord.com for $99.99. I looked it up and in no way did it seem familiar! after seeing this fraud page, I just figured out that it was the charge to me buying microsoft works the other day. it totally slipped my mind because I didn't get a physical package I could recal being worth $99. phew! thought I was scammed!

Annet Jun 23, 2009

I logged on to my bank account today and had a charge from these people!!! not happy!!! there is no customer service number listed to call and correct the issue and I had to send a stupid e-mail which I was not comfortable doing. I don't know how these people got my account information but I am plannig to file a fraud alert on my account. plus this is to renew norton supposedly but I don't have norton so there is nothing to renew!!!

Mageve Aug 22, 2009

I've just checked my online bank account and found that digital river has made a fraudulent charge on my debit card for $110.18.

I'd placed an order for a download 'how to write a bestseller' on august 7 for $41.25. when I went to download it, I got a warning from wizard to the effect that the publisher could not be verified and did not have a valid digital signature that verified its signature.
    I got a further warning message: 'a problem has been detected. windows is shutting down.'
    I tried to notify dri through their online form (no telephone number) that I did not want to proceed with the download and asked for my money back.
    I received an automated reply directing me to other sites to get my query answered. there was nothing that gave me the opportunity to cancel the transaction.
    I visited one of the sites they listed to see if I could get somewhere. this was card query. no help there, but I find that dri has charged me another $41.25 for a program, 'how to write a card query.' that means that i've been charged $110.18 + $41.2 x 2 = $192.68 for nothing!
    Don't do business with these crooks. if you are involved, contact your bank and cancel your credit/debit cards asap. otherwise they'll go on stealing from you.

• Dl
    dlakers Aug 22, 2009

you can complain all you want to the BBB. They can do nothing for you.

• Wh
    who is Aug 28, 2009

I just got charged over 100 dollars from dri*digitalriver.comwww.myord.co mn today too. already contacted my bank. to careful...
    The only thing I can remember is I bought a ticket from one travel.com online few days ago.
    Fradulent charges to debt card

• Le
    leianna17 Sep 24, 2009

Well here is a piece of the puzzle that none of us knew and it took me four hours to get it but the charges are coming from Symantics Antivirus. I believe that someone must have hacked there system and linked the cards to a floating account if you call Symantics ANtivirus then you WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!! Thats what I did and the digital river is being downloaded from the symantics antivirus software. I hope this helps.

• Jm
    JMousey Nov 27, 2010

This happened to me last year when I purched Microsoft software. In addition to contact your Attorney General/District Attorney, you should contact Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau(BBB). The BBB website includes the number of complaints, their real address and a telephone number.