World Educational Services (WES)worst customer service I ever experienced!

World Educational Services (WES)
www.wes.org

I submitted an application to get my college grades evaluated by WES in December/06. Paid the $175.00 in required fees, got the original documents sent directly from my college in Brazil ( 3 times) and never got my evaluation done because WES claims there is one translation missing-which they have the original, but refuse to fax me a copy to take to the translator.

Because of their poor ability on handling information, I missed an opportunity to get benefits from 'Tuition Waiver Program' from NJ Government and when I complained with WES representative, I got a careless bored sigh.

Wes takes from 3 weeks to a month to answer e-mails, their phone lines take too long to be picked up when they do pick up at all, and their representatives make clear your contact is unwelcome.

At some point I had customer representative Raymond state that they actually have all the documents requested. And a few days later, when I checked the progress of my evaluation, I was told by Cust/rep Candice that they DON'T have the referred mysterious translation. But she wouldn't tell me exactly what it is to be translated, and my college in Brazil has no clue what could be, and she wouldn't fax me the document, because I'm a third party between WES and the college in Brazil. Excuse-me!! My husband called them to try to get some help; Candice wouldn't let us talk to Raymond again or transfer our call to a manager, and said she would have to disconnect us to get other calls.

WES is completely careless about their customers, and don't acknowledge their services are important in peoples carriers.

WES has by far the worst customer service I ever experienced, and I feel disrespected and neglected. I can't get the service I paid for for, I can't get my money back and I can't get a straight information to help me solve the problem.

• Updated by mastinder · Jul 15, 2019

I want to know who initiated my cancellation request. I am waiting for eca from last one year and instead of giving eca you deduced 60 dollar and cancel my app .

• Ih
    ihatewes Nov 01, 2019

These motherfuckers are unbelievably incompetent. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with.

[censored] you WES and all your stupid customer service employees.

• Sl
    Sleman Aug 19, 2019

Excuse me I need to know when I will get evaluation report? my wes ref no is 3103903

• Ab
    Abatan Aug 12, 2019

Excuse me I need to get my report, also I beg World Education Service to submit to Henley Putnam University.I submitted from 21/7/2019 till today I donot get reports and time is running.

mastinder Jul 21, 2019

they did not provide my postgraduate eca and when someone told them to cancel they cancel after deducing 50 dollars. pathetic service

• Pr
    Priya15 Jun 30, 2019

Discrepancy in evaluation. Nobody picks up in customer care when called. No response to my queries online. I feel helpless, my deadlines are approaching. I need them to resolve an issue. This is frustating. I have submitted various queries in a duration of a month and have gotten zero responses. I need help. This COMPANY IS OVERHYPED FOR NOTHING

• Pe
    Petoon Inc Jun 30, 2019

In short, they are abusing power. Imagine they refused the Canadian embassy legalization. Now they are smarter thab the government of Canada

Chandrashekar Hanumappa Mar 03, 2019

I need "Education Evaluation" and "Expert Opinion Letter".
    WES email ID is not provided in WES web site. I searched a lot & wasted lot of time.
    Kindly provide me email id of WES.

• Ti
    Timpo Jan 05, 2019

This company operates as if it's a monopoly. Awful Awful Awful experience.
    They respond late.
    Upgrading account from D-by-D to C-by-C... a nightmare.
    Shady company. Just in for your money.
    No one in particular to contact or deal with.
    Evaluation is crap
    If you need an urgent feedback, please stay FAR away from this company.

• Uz
    Uzoh Nov 04, 2018

My document for evaluation/upgrade with WES reference number 2842631 has been on "FILE UNDER REVIEW" for the past 3 months.

Have sent series of emails and also have called all to no headway.

Please kindly assist in this process. The time wasting is frustrating.

Comments

Sangeeta Tulsiyan Oct 22, 2018

I have made the payment using my credit card.
    My wes Reference # (3328506)
    I have been charged twice on my credit card.
    Please refund the amount.
    Transaction Date : 21 July 2017

Jasmine Chadha Oct 16, 2018

My WES reference number is 3287888-

My documents were sent to WES and as per their portal it says mail has been sent to institution for verification
    But college has not received any email from them and WES denies to confirm which email have they communicated to.

Stuck in the situation.
    please help resolve.

• Mi
    Misbah Hassan Aug 20, 2018

how to add my master credentials as I created WES application on bachelor bases and that time my master degree was not issued that's way I submit my application to WES on bachelor bases, now I got my master degree and want to add it in my WES application. please me how to add it in an existing application of WES

• Su
    Supreet Kaur Aug 14, 2018

Dear WES

Kindly cancle my WES credential order no 3711002 and refund in my account. As i have not send my documents yet and i dnt wish to continue with my evaluation.

Thanks
    Supreet Kaur
    [protected]

saurabhkumar2008 Aug 13, 2018

I paid additional money to WES for expedited delivery of my transcripts to the school. But WES not only lost the package ( delivered to a wrong place) but also never refunded the additional amount ( for expedited delivery).

They informed that although I did full payment to WES for the delivery, If the package is not delivered I should talk to UPS.
    My question is, if they want full payment, then that's OK, but if package is not delivered, I need to follow with UPS. Why?
    Even if I take that. When all know that there is a delivery issue and even WES admit it. then also they are not returning the additional payment I did for expedited delivery.
    Since in the whole mis-management, I did lost critical time and I paid additional to get the package delivered next day and not after 15 days.

Their customer care is also horrible. You call and you get one advice. disconnect and call again, you will get another advice.

I request all of you, if someone has a better option to go with than WES (Infact there are plenty), please go with them. Otherwise you will lose your money, time and energy just trying to follow up with them.

(They never inform you. You have to proactively check every details.)

nash10 Mar 04, 2016

First. WES is a legal MONOPOLY that creates only one way to get your transcripts valid.
    So UNFAIR!
    Second. The way they translate is inaccurate and uses an algorithm that does not consider minimal differences between educative programs. It seems they use a proportion rule. I has been greatly affected because they do not put in consideration the complexity between Institution A and B.
    Third. The Costumer "service" and the "options" on their web site is awful. Lateness, rudeness, lack of manners. All of that is caused because they are a MONOPOLY. If there appear other institution that "translate" grades of people that study hard for their future, I will never EVER utilize this "service" again. I have to because I have no options and the worst is...they know.

• Wa
    Walied Nov 04, 2014

It's really frustrating that after almost 4 years WES hasn't changed to the better by even a notch. They lost my paperwork and have been pending the evaluation after review for more than 2 months. There is no way to contact them expect through this stupid web based message system. the Only response I get is an automated reply acknowledge receiving my message but that's it. I really don't know what to do, i seriously thinking about taking legal actions against them but don't know how to do it.

• Yi
    Ying Xie Jul 07, 2014

WES does really bad thing.
    I submitted the verification report according to WES's requirement via CDGDC.
    Even CDGDC verified my transcript which issued by the original university (according to WES's website requirement),
    it is still rejected by WES.
    Since the deadline to submit the report by the University I applied is close, I don't know how to do.
    Furthermore, I try to call them but never to reach them in whatever office hour (9am-2pm East Time).

• Ba
    Balto2014 Jun 25, 2014

As I read all the comments here, I experienced the same, I am just wondering why this WES is still existing, there costumer service is very, very poor, there service is unreliable, they are not accommodating, they are not friendly. They threat people like trash I am sorry but I was really frustrated on what I am expecting from them. I hope something will backfire to wake them up. Too bad company in America, unexpected.

Maometto Jun 22, 2014

WES SUCKS!, They do not reply to your emails, even the way of how documents are sent to them are confusing, you do not know if they have received it or not, its complicated and their website is not clear at all, and at the end they say to you (PLEASE READ CAREFULY ON HOW TO SEND DOCUMENTS) As its Clear!!!, And then they go like: 1)degree is sent by you 2) transcript is sent by University. Well is that every thing ###!!!. and after these two steps you keep asking your self thousands of questions like what about if i get it stamped and sealed by university and send it my self, how about the degree shall i send it alone or attach it to an A4 paper printed from Msword with my Ref No. how about sending docs is it (Courier Door to Door) or (Courier collected from their local post), etc etc etc...

if i had the chance to go back in time, I will not deal with them again, and i do not recommend this website for any one.

JANNATZIA1 Aug 13, 2013

WES IS THE WORST EVUALUTAION COMPANY THEY DO NOT KNOW T WAHT THEY ARE DOING, I SUBMITTED MY DOCUMENTS FOR EVALATION, AND SOME OF MY FRIENDS FROM THE SAME SCHOOL ALREADY DID EVAULATION FROM WES. WITH SAME SCHOOL AND SAME TRANSCRPTIS EVERY ONE IS GETTING DIFFERERNT EVAULATION, AND AFTER FEW REQUEST THEY EVEN DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX THE ISSUES, HOW ONE TRANSCRIPTS FROM SAME SCHOOL GET DIFFERENT EVUALUATION FROM WES.EVEN I PROVIDED THE OTHER EVAULATIONS TO COMPARE BUT STILL NO RESPONSE.

• Tm
    tms13 Oct 31, 2012

I actually work for a company called ATLANTA INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE INSTITUTE, we offer translation services with document verification as well as foreign language classes. We have helped out a few people who have had negative results from WES. If you need these services please give us a call at [protected], email us at [email protected] or look us up online at www.languageatlanta.com. We offer competitive prices and validation of any document you need translated into any language. If you have has any trouble with WES or any other service then please contact us so we cal help you out!

narayan9378 Sep 06, 2012

can i get my money back from wes???????????

narayan9378 Sep 06, 2012

CAN WE GET OUR MONEY BACK FROM WES

• Mk
    MKM05 Oct 05, 2011

I have been with WES last six years. First I have contacted them in 2005. After that they told me that they are going to contact my corresponding institution and after receiving all documents they will issue me a credential. After SIX years I am seeing that my case is still pending. WES kind of company doing there business in USA and seems like there is no regulation for them. Due to these company, now a days comapny and universities stated conating directly to the parent institution in your country.

• El
    Ela2177 Jun 28, 2011

Worst company ever, unprofessional, disrespectful, worst company service and I am afraid I just lost $232 with them. No one from Romania should use them

jonesl Apr 26, 2011

Stupid WES. they still need file directly from homecountry. Cannot they check by certificate number?

• Am
    amnr Jan 05, 2011

which company did you decided to go with?

• Aa
    AA81 Dec 29, 2010

I am pretty sure, nobody can find any terrible customer care even in underdeveloped country such as WES. My wife and I are two other victims. Unfortunately it seem there is a hidden lobby behind the relation with WES and Many Universities that WES never care about providing reasonable services to their customers.
    After discussing a lot, when they started the evaluation of one of my degrees (They didn't accept the other), they said one of your courses has problem. After one week they said that it was not sealed at all and you have to resend it! It is ridiculous...
    Come to kick WES out of business plz. All the world should know about their poor services.

• Mi
    Miguel1 Dec 24, 2010

I received my evaluation from WES the selfcalled "experts" in evalustion. Yeah right. They have no idea how to make a proper translate or equivalence of credits or grades.
    I.I studied in the best college in Chile that is Pontificia Universidad Catolica, and this people from this agency say that a course with 9 hours of work at week is equal to 2.5 american credits.
    So they ruin my GPA that is over average in Chile because they are incompetent and lazy.

• To
    tonysmart Apr 18, 2010

On January19, 2010, I submitted an application to World Education Services(WES) for the Educational evaluation of my foreign academic credentials. This type of evaluation serves the purpose of representing my foreign academic degree to prospective employers & universities in the U.S. equivalent format. Prior to this I had requested my university to send a copy of my transcript to WES which was delivered to them through FedEx on 1/19/2010.I tried calling WES from 1/19-25/ 2010 to confirm that they have received my transcript but I could not get any response. I finally sent them a mail via their web site which they replied on 1/26/2010 that they do not have my transcript as of 1/26/2010.I then called FedEx an got a signature proof of delivery for my transcript which I promptly faxed to WES to help them trace the mail. Then in a fit of anger they sent me an E-mail on 1/27/2010 saying that they are placing my file on hold and will be sending my credentials back to my school for verification.
    I wrote to WES on 2/1/2010 for a refund of my money as their action depicts unwillingness on their part to continue with the evaluation. Since then I have not heard from them.

• Se
    seas Jan 27, 2010

For a MONTH ...I can not reach anyone by phone. There are no instructions of contacting WES in another way. I have not received any documentation or conformation of anything. Please tell me how to get a refund ?... I have considered turning WES over to the Attorney General of New York and then asking my bank to investigate FRAUD. My next step will be to turn WES over to the better business burea and any other steps i have to take!

• Hj
    HJRM Dec 14, 2009

I am also a victim of WES

I paid for an evaluation that they cannot do, due to the university's policy in my country. The university do not directly submit grades or transcript to any institution or evaluation credential outside the country.
    The process is very different that in the United States. The intersted party or an authorized person must submit in person the request and he/she needs to be presented to receive the documents. They do not mail delivery to any country. The interested party is responsible for obtaining the documents.
    Therefore, I had to aouthorized a person to get my transcripts, since I am living in the USA, and she was responsible to send it to a transaltor and notary in my country, and later courier to the USA University.
    Since the requirements were impossible to comply due to the policy and characteristic of the process in my country. I am not longer need their service. Since they cannot provide me with the service because their requirements cannot adjust to the policies in my country. I am asking for the reimbursement of the $174.00 that I paid and that your would not be able to provide service for my needs. They do not want to retun the fees.
    I have also sent all the documents to American University and was accepted to the LLM.
    But I will do anything until I get my money back.

• Hu
    HUSAM Dec 03, 2009

I submitted an application to get my college grades evaluated by WES in oct 2007 Paid the $175.00 in required fees, got the original documents sent directly from my college in india ( 4 times) and never got my evaluation done because WES claims there is one doucment missing-which they have the original, but refuse to fax me a copy to take to the translator.

At some point I had customer representative state that they actually have all the documents requested. And a few days later, when I checked the progress of my evaluation, I was told by Cust/rep that they DON'T have the transcrip . But she wouldn't, and my college in india has no clue what could be done, and she wouldn't fax me the document, because I'm a third party between WES and the college in india .

This market need some competition badly, because a company with WES low level of services should not, should not stay in business any longer.thats why i suggest people to try www.ece.org they are great, fast and welcoming people they dont my job in just 14 days
    but wes is ABIG JOKE

• Ba
    BACTERIAS Aug 21, 2009

I started the process with WES becasue the NACES recognizes them, now one month after my evaluation appears completed but the said that they sent to me on august 6th and the US mail sent them back becuase my name was not the correct even that they charge me for a service that includes specail delivery and not normal delivery so they used an stam of 44 cents to send my document.
    Anyway I 'm still waiting for the result.

So don't make your evaluation with WES please please.

satsingh1 Aug 14, 2009

WES IS A BLOT ON THE NOBLE NAME OF EDUCATION, I LOST NY MONEY TO THEM A FEW YEARS BACK AND LAST WEEK THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY $167.00 FOR THE SERVICES WE JUST TRY TO INITIATE WITH THEM FOR MY WIFE. THEY CASH THE CHECK RIGHT AWAY AND SENT A PRE PRINTED LETTER NEEDING A LIST OF DOCUMENTS WHICH CAN ONLY BE GIVEN TO THEM IF WE VISIT OUR COLLEGE PERSONALLY IN INDIA, REALISING IT'S NOT POSSIBLE I ASK THEM TO REFUND MY MONEY.., SHE THROWS A CONTRACT CLAUSE AT ME .., THAT I SIGNED THEIR FORM.
    CAN WE SEND ALL THIS TO ATTORNEY GENRAL OR BRING IT TO PRESIDENTIAL AIDE'S ATTENTION THAT THISAGENCY IS EXPLOITING CONSUMERS
    WHO HAS THE NOBLE INTENTION OF SERVING THIS COUNTRY TO THE BEST OF OUR
    POTENTIAL.
    THEY GRAB MONEY WITHOUT RENDERING ANY SERVICE AND REFUSE TO REFUND
    AND STATEOF NY PROTECTS THEM.
    SATWINDER SINGH

• Af
    africa Aug 07, 2009

all the companies under NACES umbrella are scammers

Majweb Jul 17, 2009

I had a similar experience with wes in 2008. I came from a country with these types of problems. My advice there is nothing you can do about it, they exist because Universities and Colleges choose wes so just move on. For those with degrees - you have to do everything over again. I know that not what you want to hear, but I'll tell you why. I spent $25 and signed up for my GED and got it within one week. I was then able to apply to college with no problems. You just have to do everything over again because if you don't you will have problems in the future even if you have an evaluation from wes. Ask yourself (most job applications must be done online today) can you use a wes evaluation for an online application when it asks for specific information? Do you want to trust that important job to an organisation which WILL NOT deliver in a timely manner? There is no solution other than what I have suggested. Once you are in the American system - GED etc. you'll see how everything will go smooth. This is not the 1980's where you had to contact someone personally and speak to them, you talk to a computer and you can't reason with it and tell it your specific problem. Those of you who tried to contact customer service will know what I'm talking about. Sorry for the disappointed news.

• Fr
    frustrated girl Mar 18, 2009

Does anyone have an idea about how to petition WES cause i signed up to have my documents evaluated in may 2008 and my documents were sent from my university in Nigeria i didnt hear back till november and they said somthing about confirmation which i waited for and eventually had to contact someone in nigeria to help me send another transcript, next i get a mail this month saying that my documents were forged and that my application had been cancelled! I quickly contated the admission department in my school and on checking my files claim they never sent any such notice of forged documents and actually had a copy of what was sent to them...So now im baffled as i have been waitng for this evaluation for over a year only to be accused of forging documents. I need some help on tackling this issue as i have missed ALL the masters programme deadlines i needed to meet.Please someone should help me with information on how to deal with this issue as i have sent a complaint notice to them and they havent been replied!

• Fe
    Felucci Mar 08, 2009

Well i had applied for the evaluation since September and now it has been 5 months. I have tried to scale all the hurdles they requested me and now it seems that the ball is in their court. They emailed me that they were still waiting for verification of my documents which were sent from my university in Nigeria. I had really hoped that this would have been sorted out soon but i'm optimistic that it would cos i really want to start my Masters programme in NJ, U.S., by September. When i read all these horrible stories, i just hope same doesn't happen to me. I am not bothered about my application fee but more about beating the deadline which is by May.

NoMoreJosefSilny Feb 16, 2009

Unfortunately there are not many choices when someone needs an evaluation of foreign credentials. I actually have a good experience with WES (they certified the right type of credentials), but I burned myself with Josef Silny & Associates (http://www.jsilny.com). They did not recognize the right equivalent education in the US, and when I sent them supporting documentation from several sources, including an international database, they said that they are using a different paid version of the same database... Nice company web site, but when the online application status said "All documents received: Yes" that did not mean much. They still requested a new application form and more money, because the one I sent was supposedly an old form (I picked it up the day before at school). A week later they wrote to me that they need original official documents. The web site asked for officials documents only, not originals, so I sent notarized copies. At the end they were very sorry, but their professional opinion was such and such, and of course there was no refund. Josef Silny & Associates is a highly NOT RECOMMENDED company.