Woolworthsaccused me stealing

Australia Laws! Woolsworth balmain sydney

I got accused of stealing but hadn't taken anything
I bought three things from meat area
Had left basket on ground with three items
And had come back with only one item left
And I pay the money for the one item left behind and milk

And staff member accused me of stealing
So she said open bag
And yell at me very rudely where's other items
..I told her store policy is for them too look in bags...
Not me and she got very angry...

Store manager had said don't you have common sense not to leave items in basket on the ground...which he said is illegal and he was going to call cops
Even though not such proof of stealing at all..

After that, I walked out of the store I don't know what should I do

It does'nt make any sense
Or because I'm Asian, and can't speak English well and tried to accuse me on this.
Very rude manager and staff member.

Should have some proof and get evidence of stealing
Before accusing someone or anyone on that matter...thank you

Any suggestion on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Marie Fourie Mar 31, 2014

Woolworth's promoting the Witchery clothing Line: The assosiasion to witches and Marie Clare(voyant) makes me very uncomfortable. I

would not like or buy clothes by that name. It is as good as wearing a pentagram or other satanic symbol on me. Nothing is seen as

wrong or evil these days. It would be wonderful if Woolworth's could make a stand and discontinue Witchery.

• Si
    Sirikulgirl Mar 26, 2014

just in case anyone else gets accused as well
    So they will at least get an idea
    How to cope/handle the situation in future
    So I came here about the problem

If they find themselves with the same problem
    Not trying to be rude

..just wanted genuine help on this.

• Ha
    Halda Halda Mar 26, 2014

I think you kiss meat goodbye and say hello big compensation money.
    I visit and we make toilet.

• Si
    Sirikulgirl Mar 26, 2014

It's wrap with plastic and paper inside basket and I'm going to buy it anyway
    When I come is disappear .. Accused me as a thief

I can't wait to going court on this matter

Let's see what happen ..

• Mi
    minchjp Mar 26, 2014

You left chilled meat on the floor to spoil, Woolworths can't sell the meat any more because of your lack of common sense and laziness. This is considered a form of theft. The store had every right to have a go at you!