Having problems with Wix?

500 Terry A Francois Blvd Fl 6
San Francisco, California
United States - 94158-2230

Complaints & Reviews

website service

Horrible. Slow, inability to make simplistic changes to website, tons of upcharging to do anything of use. Basically, garbage company; garbage product. This is a pathetic company worthy of being shut down for its terrible service - of course there is no 'customer service' contact of any kind available either. Just like other dirtbag companies (AT&T, Comcast, Verizon, and so forth) this dirtbag company does not provide any 'real' support contact information whatsoever. WIX is a good example of the worst kind of business practice.

wix.com - customer services & tech support

Oh my god!!!

Wix.com have no idea how to communicate with the public or with their paying clients with websites.

Everytime I try to contact customer services or tech support they keep coming back to me with unhelpful replies and my problem is never resolved, rather they keep sending me emails to troubleshoot which doesn't work, when the problem is technical issues on their end and NOT on my end. This has happened before, I was put through an hour remote assist troubleshooting only to be told after an hour that the actual technical problem was with Wixcom and the troubleshooting wix.com did for an hour on my machine was a complete waste of my time.

Wix.com you really need to sort this out!!!

website hosting and g-suite reseller

I've been a Wix Customer for over 3 years. At first they provided OK customer service by answering their telephones. Now they don't. I have two websites with them they our company uses on a regular basis for inputting client records, forms and more. We are a Lead Generation business with several clients.

The websites are paid in full for the whole year. A day ago, I tried to log into the account and G-Suite emails and could not. Only to learn after several emails that I was purposely locked out of the account by a Wix Administrator. They told me I owed them $325.00 for late fees.

LATE FEES? Whose ever heard of that for a prepaid account that they've been paid in full for. I asked for an explanation and they won't email me or call me after several attempts. I don't know what is going on with that company but it's pretty fowl.

Our livelihoods count on our websites. I think they are trying to sabotage and discriminate against us. Why would they lock us out of our account and not notify us.

It's illegal and were suing them for everyday we loose work!

DON'T USE WIX. THERE ARE BETTER COMPANIES WITH BETTER SERVICE! COMPANIES LIKE THIS WILL ULTIMATELY FALL!

website hosting and g-suite reseller

wix.com irresponsible billing on credit card after termination

Bad software and always lagging. Worse is after we proceed to terminate its service - they continue to charge our credit card, in which after that we had to proceed to ask for the refund. And then they still proceeded to charge us a SECOND time. I don't recommend to use Wix, its not so great of the software, especially if you are going e-commerce, i can't understand how anyone can live with their sluggish platform. For your information, they did refund us but I still lost money due to exchange rate or bank charges - its ridiculous! Bad experience. This should not happen as once termination is submitted no charging should ever take place again, even more so that they store our credit card info. It is lucky that I check my statement bills to identify this problem else we would never known this had occurred and wix would have simply pocketed our money without our knowledge.

unauthorized auto-payment

Wix made an unauthorized payment from my debit card. I am shocked at this. I did not have my Wix plan on auto-renew, but the company renewed regardless. The company also gave me NO notification of any kind of the unauthorized payment. I am trying to get a refund, but we will see!

I tried to contact Wix by phone; their 415 area code phone number (San Francisco) is disconnected!! I am still trying to get through on their 800 number. I write their support department, but have yet to receive the customer service support I deserve in getting this resolved, and refunding my money.

Beware of using Wix. There are now many, many complaints about Wix taking money from customers without their consent. It would appear Wix is failing as a company, and getting desperate to stay afloat by cheating their customers.

Resolved tech support

Tech support downloaded remote assist on my PC last night (17/10/2017), someone called Jorge a tech support rep downloaded a software so he could get access to my PC, and he used this to fish around on my PC looking for personal details like IDs and bank statements account details to steal money from all my bank accounts. I feel very angry. I have contacted customer support and tried to find someone in the management team but no one replied to my emails when I tried to expose Jorge to the company. There has been no reply from Jorge either when I accused him of stealing my private information and accused him of going through my personal stuff on my PC. Letters and banks details including private information has been moved around by Jorge as he dishonestly used an excuse to help with tech issues relating to their end and not problems with my PC. Wix.com have criminals working in Tech support who steal information from their customers and money from their bank.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Rosy5 · Oct 18, 2017

Jorge in Tech team stole private information including bank details from my PC, I emailed him accusing him of stealing bank details and phishing around on my PC using remote assist, he didn't reply to email or deny he did this. I am very angry, Wix.com have no complaints procedures in place or a member of management team to complain about serious fraud issues with staff who are criminals and not tech support.

• Wix's response · Oct 19, 2017

Rosanna,

I'm with Wix and am sharing the same information that we shared with you privately.

The remote access system used by Wix in order to provide support assistance to clients worldwide does not allow agents to control and/or manage your files. The agent is merely able to see your screen - meaning that he is completely unable to access your personal/private files.

We have reviewed the full recording of your remote access section and noted the Wix agent was explicit about not having control over your machine and mentioned the pointer he was using to guide you through the relevant steps.

If you, or anyone, would like to contact our Support team, please do so here: wix.com/contact

Sincerely,

• Updated by Rosy5 · Oct 19, 2017

Matt

If this is true then how is it that my files were moved from its original places?

• Wix's response · Oct 19, 2017

Rosanna, I would not be able to tell you over this forum but it would not be possible through our screen-share program. Please continue the conversation started through our ticketing system.

Rosy5 Oct 19, 2017

Matt

I received an email from MarceloT (wix support), I find his email very unprofessional.

Everyone at your company are denying that Jorge was looking through my personal files.

If Jorge denies this, then explain how personal letters and bank statements, stored and filed away on my PC ended up on my desktop?

The letters and bank statement I found on my desk top PC was not there before, and suddenly appeared the night Jorge downloaded remote assist?

How can you account for this?

Also, I know how remote assist work.

Remote assist is a software that allows companies like Wix.com, internet providers etc, access to their customers PC. Using remote assist it allows the user who downloads this software complete and full access to someones PC, this includes everything on their PC, they are able to look through files, change settings and basically do whatever they want.

Jorge will not actually admit to any wrong doing, he never admit to any wrong doing or risk losing his job.

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that Jorge went through my personal files, looking for anything that had access to my bank accounts, and that is why there are letters and bank statements sitting on my desktop which were not there before he had access to my PC.

Wix.com hire criminals and Jorge is a criminal. He went through my PC files.

I am extremely annoyed and angry that Wix.com is not taking this seriously enough and you are protecting a criminal.

Rosy5 Oct 19, 2017

Matt

The problem with Wix.com and with all companies, is that they will never admit to any wrong doing, it leaves them wide open to liability, and god forbid if they did that, also, it doesn't look good for the company to openly admit they hired a criminal and that he actually went through my personal files.

The fact is, Jorge is a criminal, he went through my personal files using remote assist, and I have nothing to gain by making false accusations.

Rosy5 Oct 20, 2017

Matt

The reason you don't want to continue this conversation on this forum is because the public can read our conversation and therefore also read serious faults relating to the company, and how it deals with its customers, and serious complaints about your staff in tech support team.

As I have said, I am fully aware of how remote assist works, I have friends in IT, I used to work for an IT company myself in London. Therefore I am more proficient in IT compare to the average person and not limited.

You can keep denying any wrong doing.

Fact is, remote assist is a PC software designed for outsourcing IT users to gain access to a PC through no matter where they are in the world, this way a tech support engineer can carry out trouble shooting from any location in the world, it is wholly possible for that user to gain access to all and every part of the PC as if they owned that PC in sitting in the same room as that PC.

You can keep saying that Jorge did not do anything wrong, but the evidence is there, its sitting on my desktop, and the files moved as if someone moved them from the files I left them in, but are now sitting on my desktop, this ONLY occured the night Jorge downloaded remote assist.

And with all the sophisticated technology out there with viruses attacking PCs anywhere in the world, which are able to disable someone's computer and then put up for ransom for money, including hackers, something which is worldly broadcasted in the news almost every day, it is highly probable and absolutely undeniable that Jorge (the criminal that he is) knew how to access my PC, and filter through my personal letters, bank statements etc, and anything else he wanted.

Therefore you can keep denying it, but I have absolutely nothing to gain by making false accusations against companies or individuals, I will not gain money out this, I will not gain fame out of this, I will gain NOTHING, therefore why would I make false claims.

The only reason Wix.com would say that my claims are false is because they DO NOT want the public to hear about my experiences as it will harm their company name and then you will lose potential customers.

The ONLY way you can retain potential customer is by taking complaints of this nature seriously, and then provide an excellent customer service experience for the public, an apology would also be a good start, and a solution to the problem I have raised to you as a company who should taking customer complaints seriously.

Right now all I am is extremely angry, frustrated and very disappointed with Wix.com.

It is a shame, as my personal experience was not too bad with building a website, it seems easy enough, this part was a good experience.

It is a shame that customer services, managers and the complaints team was not a good experience. And worse of all Jorge in Technical Support, who is basically a criminal.

Rosy5 Oct 20, 2017

Matt

The problem with Wix.com is that they do not have any internal complaints procedures for customers to take up issues like this with a complaints manager.

If Wix.com provided excellent customer service where Wix.com customers can actually speak to manager over the telephone and you would be receiving less complaint made over the internet on a public forum where members of the public can actually read complaints made by customers of wix.com.

Maybe Wix.com should learn by their mistakes, provide a customer service and an internal complaints team who actually listen and take on board customers complaints.

My experience with website building was okay, but not in relation to making a complaint or speaking to people over the telephone.

• Mi
    Michelle Gibson Webb Oct 24, 2017

I think Wix is having some financial problems. Why don't they answer phone calls or emails. Why are they trying to rip people off! Please see my Wix Complaint too! I can't believe what their doing and they have to be stopped!

It's illegal and were suing them for everyday we loose work!

Rosy5 Oct 25, 2017

@Michelle Gibson Webb Dear Michelle
    Thank you for your message, I really appreciate it, it helps when other Wix.com users get in touch with their experiences also.

With me, Wix.com tech support deny any wrong doing, I have put in a formal complaint but they have not replied to complaint whatsoever.

Wix.com are making ludicrous replies with saying that I'm making false claims, but they are not false claims, they are trying to deny liability so that I drop the complaint completely, but I will not be intimidated by them or put in a position where they will win just to get their own way.

I still have the website open, but only until I can find a suitable alternative, do you have any recommendations or used another website builder you are more happy with?

Many Thanks

Rosy5 Oct 25, 2017

@Rosy5 Also in relation to my complaint, I watched Jorge in Tech Support work on my PC, he was able to access my PC, I watched as he worked on my PC and asked him what he was doing, because I was concerned that he was changing my PC setting or worse trying to read or steal personal information saved on my PC like my bank accounts or worse try to disable my PC at a later stage, as this has happened to companies including our NHS hospitals in London only this year. In the UK there was a documentary about hackers and viruses corrupting PCs for ransom money. I am very concerned about this now. And even though Wix.com Tech support deny this, my complaint is true in its entirety and I will not be intimidated by Wix.com, they should be taking this very seriously but they are not. I actually witnessed Jorge in Tech support who was able to get entry to my PC and he was typing on my PC working as if he were in the same room as me and my PC, therefore Wix.com are liars and criminals.

emails for my website

I have purchased my website from you as well as two email address, and I am being charged for them, however, when I send, or someone else sends an email to me at the .com email addresses I have PAID for, it returns saying " email address does not exist." What is UP?
Please correct ASAP.

And why is the so many negative, and very few positive comments on the web regarding WIX, especially your customer service???

Donald Anderson
Website: resortsolutionsinternational.com

unethical behavior

This company set us up a website through Go Daddy, they had us up for a year, and when it came time for year-end payment they took the money out of my account, yet my website was shut down. This caused me many problems. I tried to contact them person to person, that is impossible with them. They run you around, and send you through a maze of deception. No one will talk with you. I wrote them on FB and it was the same thing. They stole my money with no regards or concern at all. They truly care less. There is no place for a business like this, stealing is truly what the do. If you are looking to WIX to help you with a website you better stop know and save yourself the trouble of being ripped off from a terrible business.

customer service

WIX has no real time customer support. That means you have to try and work through emails, facebook or twitter and the response time is in hours or days not minutes. If you have a business this could be fatal. You can not call, I repeat you can not speak to a person, or even do a live chat. The phone number will direct you to the help page on the website. This puts there customer service in the dinosaur age.

After years of being a premium customer, my website disappeared. I have spent the most frustrating three days trying to get my website back up but no luck and no help from WIX. This happened while my work was in a gallery show and 2 videos in international shows. All press/ information lists my website but no one can access it. Sick over the whole thing and really hating this company now.

customer service

Since before november, I have been trying to contact a human at wix to assist with an issue. My website, although paid for a three year period, has not worked since befor enovember. Every time I call the message voice says that due to "higher than expected" calls, they are unable to "process any additional calls". It goes on to tell me to call back on another business day. You can never get through!!!
I have sent numerous e-mails to the supposed support people, and never once have I received even a notice that my e-mail has been read, and I certainly don't get an answer.
Today I sent an e-mail to the billing department... Hoping maybe they will forward it on.
At this point, wix.com sucks and I would not recommend it to anyone. I can't get through to anyone to even be able to cancel my subscription and take my website elsewhere!
At this point, I want a response to my problem. I want my website to work, and I want a refund for the months that my website has not been available. My next step will be to sue.

the worst ever!

I'm losing my money because of these clowns! No matter what you do just don't you ever deal with Wix! You will get nothing but headache with these guys.
I've made a website here and one day it just crashed! Contacted customer service and they said that I need to upgrade it to make it work. And guess what? They said that I have to pay for it! All the upgrades are not free and you'll need to pay for everything to keep your site alive.
The worst company I've ever had business with!

• So
    SorryBuddy Sep 21, 2017

It sounds like you simply did not pay for what is needed to have your site live. 100% user error. Sorry bud.

• Gr
    Grete Rappe Anai Oct 17, 2017

@SorryBuddy I'm having the same problem! They say I paid for what I need but are recommending I update once more, that is pay once more, to fix the problem! I am totally frustrated and don't know what to do!!

• Da
    Dai007 Jun 02, 2018

I totally agree with you!!
    Every single time I want to edit, it comes unresponsive, which's been almost a week time.
    Update is very important and critical for what I'm up to now so I made a super wrong choice
    using bloody wix!!!

Wix hosts this rip-off site http://www.royalcannabisdispensary.com/. They get you to send Western Union and have someone pick it up in Florida or any Western Union but they never send what you ordered. WIX and WesternUnion is complicit in the theft by allowing them to continue after they were warned by myself of the RIP OFF
Email is associated with ~8, 809, 347 domains
is associated with ~2 domains

Registrant Org Michael Ngueyen is associated with ~1 other domains
Registrar NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar Status clientTransferProhibited
Dates Created on 2015-09-21 - Expires on 2016-09-21 - Updated on 2015-09-21
Name Server(s) NS4.WIXDNS.NET (has 1, 599, 062 domains)
NS5.WIXDNS.NET (has 1, 599, 062 domains)

IP Address 52.6.247.67 - 969, 775 other sites hosted on this server
IP Location United States - Virginia - Ashburn - Amazon Technologies Inc.
ASN United States AS14618 AMAZON-AES - Amazon.com, Inc., US (registered Nov 04, 2005)
Domain Status Registered And Active Website
Website
Website Title Buy Marijuana Online | Cannabis oil for sale, Buy Weed Onli
Response Code 200
SEO Score 0%
Whois Record ( last updated on 2016-07-08 )
Domain Name: royalcannabisdispensary.com
Registry Domain ID: [protected]_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Updated Date: 2015-09-21T16:47:21Z
Creation Date: 2015-09-21T16:47:21Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-09-21T16:47:21Z
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.[protected]
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Tech Email:
Name Server: ns5.wixdns.net
Name Server: ns4.wixdns.net
DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/

Ripped off for the following!!!
Thanks for contacting us regarding our medical marijuana, We have confirmed your order:

Bubba Kush x 1 oz -- $260 (USD)

SHIPPING - - $35 (USD)

TOTAL - $295(USD)

Please ignore this email if you are a cop, or affiliated to any legal authority. By accepting to do business with us, you directly agree not to be a cop or affiliated to any legal authority. We are not cops or anything affiliated to any legal authority and we do not work with the cops or any members in the Justice system.

What’s left now is the payment confirmation before we can proceed with packaging and shipping.
We ship in top discrete packaging, using smell proof bags which are airtight, so it can't be scent detected by canine (dogs) or electronic sniffers.
We got a well trained team of professionals who are perfect in the task of discrete packaging and delivery.
We do 2 days shipment and express next day delivery in the whole of U.S, U.K, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc. We ship via USPS to home address or PO Box, as we have been doing business with them for long and they are fast, safe and reliable. Since we supply to most of the workers there, we are guaranteed of a 100% success.

We choose to use wiring because it is as well anonymous and untraceable as we have designated men/women on ground for such transactions. Thus you are to make payment via Money gram to money gram, as it is the best payment method you could use with us for quick procession. You can make the payment at any Money gram location in your area, we have picked out the closest money gram's in your area, which you will find bellow. You can also make the payment online at www.moneygram.com . Remember this is a 100% discreet delivery.

ACME

CVS - #429

ACME

Western Union Payment Address

We have two stores at the moment one in Florida and the other in California. You shall be making the payment to our financial branch at Fl. Since we have some one who works there and this will help us to immediately activated your delivery. Please fill in the receivers names at Western union in the order giving below.

Names

U.S.A
Postcode
Mobile Phone
[protected]

NB: All information regarding payment or you order will be given to you directly on our official email.

Once payment is made please get back to us with the necessary details for confirmation, including a snap short of the receipt put in the attachment. we shall package immediately then do delivery registration and a tracking code given you so that you can track your parcel while on transit. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions regarding your order.

Thanks

Royal Cannabis Dispensary
www.royalcannabisdispensary.com
[protected]@royalcannabisdispensary.com
[protected]

• Lo
    London1976Project Jan 06, 2019

I told WIX someone is selling my work on their WIX website. I sued the WIX user & won by default. I showed WIX the court docket & filings. WIX did nothing.

Sarah Irvine Feb 12, 2019

They're using a persons puppy photos of their female puppy to scan and defraud people. Screenshot attached!

• Ab
    abdul ali Aug 17, 2019

i want to make a site that tells you the price of specific pc component.
    i want the gamers to know the price of graphic cards, cpu's, motherboard, RAMS all that pc stuff (i dont want to sell )
    i want a n app that can select the pc components of peoples choice and tell them the price of the pc altogether

email marketing

we had an account with wix for 1 year and renewed. Next thing they suspended the shoutout service saying our company violated the terms of use without any proof. They refused to returm our funds. They want to keep the money without providing the service

• Ke
    ker!! Dec 08, 2016

This is currently happening to me as well. So frustrating! Was this ever resolved?

deleted account

I made a webpage via Wix and everything was working fine. But one day when I wanted to enter my webpage there was no access! Would like to mention that this page was a part of my business so it was very important to me.
I immediately contacted Wix customer service and explained that I was not able to enter my website and asked them to check what was going on. They did nothing and said that my email was invalid!
I used this service for two years and there never was a problem with my email! I told them how important that page was and they just did not care and said "Email is invalid"! These people are terrible, there is zero customer support and I'm so disgusted with Wix!!!

beware of wix selling & false advertising practices

Beware of wix selling & false advertising practices:

When you subscribe to their yearly unlimited premium plan, their website says that you get 2 free premium apps which are site booster and form builder.

I only used the site booster and I was just charged a total of $9.90 for 2 months of service ($4.95 monthly service charge).

Nowhere in their advertisement says that there will be a monthly charge at all for the service and that is why it says you get it for free with your subscription.

This is clearly, false advertisement!

As of now I have cancelled my subscription for the site booster so I won't get charge again.

When I called customer service about this was told that you only get a credit for the first month of service. Again, nowhere that is mentioned.

They issued me a credit for this charge.

I wished that I haven't paid in full up front as is required for the year for the yearly subscription for their service.

As of now is "wasted" money since I can not get a refund for it and is paid until it expires for the yearly service.

As of now I am looking for another company to design my website with and won't be using wix anymore.

I also haven't finished designing my website completely yet.

beware of wix selling & false advertising practices

magicguy333 Mar 23, 2016

magicguy333 Mar 23, 2016

Stay away from this company.

• De
    Dennis Ridner Dec 11, 2018

I started a website with wix.com. I had started my website before I had paid for a plan so when my website was active I could start advertising immediately. Well, it did not work out that way. In the Unlimited plan I had purchased (screenshot added), it states a free domain for 1 year, and connecting the domain comes with the plain because it is in the list of things that are with the plan along with a $300 ads voucher that I had not received either. I had tried to contact Wix by email stating I had not received my domain or the $300 ads voucher. I had received an email from support by the name of Einard. This person had told me that I had to pay for the domain and sent me a youtube video showing how to "Buy" a domain. The domain was on the list of the purchase plan and as stated " Free Domain For 1 year". This is fraud. I had replied back stating I had tried everything to get my domain and I shouldn't have to pay for it again when it came with the plan as listed. No reply was sent back to me. I had tried calling Wix 2 times and no answer. 12 hrs later I get an email for a support rep named Paige stating the Domain is free and I had to pay for the connection of the domain, and is only applied with a 1 year purchase. but the domain, and connection of the domain is in the detailed list of the monthly plan. The agreement set forth on the website states: Get a free domain for one year with any Premium plan. After the free year of the domain has expired, you will be charged regular month charges. This is another attempted fraud. The connection of the domain comes with the plan too as listed. I had tried to correct the problem and sent screen shots of their false advertising and attempted fraud, Today, i received an email from a support rep named Chris stating I had to pay for the domain and sent me the same email Einard sent me.

Comments

team was useless and they haven't even provided any responses or help

I paid to www.wix.com and the team made the worst website ever. After some time I emailed the team and wanted to get some details, because the website didn’t work properly. But the team kept silence within couple of days, but afterwards they responded and the answer was completely useless and didn’t provide any solution or help. It was the worst services, which I have ever got before. Be caution with them.

unclear marketing

Having recently bought a plan from wix, which included a free domain name, they automatically sent me an email inviting me to buy one - instead of telling me that i could have had a free one instead.
I bought the name thinking that is what I should do, only to find that I could have had it for free as part of their package - now they will not refund me - saying i bought it prior to their package - however, I did not and I believe this is a marketing play to get more money out of people.
If this is not rectified, I would like to know how you cancel your package etc with them - are their terms and conditions under internet buying?
unhappy customer.