Complaints & Reviews

Rebate program through Wirefly is scam!

A year ago I bought a Motorola cell phone through Wirefly.com. I sent the two rebate forms in on time and with the required documentation. On 15 May 06 I got a notice that the wireless bill was 'invalid.' When I called the Rebate Center on 25 May 06 at 1101 to ask what the problem was I was told again, that the bill was 'invalid.' The woman I talked to couldn't say what was wrong with the copy of the current bill directly from Verizon, but since I was such a good customer they would process the rebates right away. Months passed and in September I got another notice saying that the cell bill was invalid because it didn't have the cell number on it but I could send another copy of the cell bill with the cell number within 30 days from the notice. I made another copy of the most current cell bill, making sure the cell number was on it and sent it off.

Now it's the last day of November and I went to cellphonerebates.com to see where the heck my rebates are. I plugged in my Claim ID number and it comes up with no such number. The rebate program through Wirefly is just a scam and judging by the number of complaints against Wirefly on the Internet, Wirefly is deaf and has no interest in their company's reputation.

• Do
    Doreen Dennis Dec 11, 2006

Dear Sean,
    Over the summer we changed our outsource rebate vendor and experienced some issues during the transition. Please write to me directly and include the details of your claim (including your order number and the previous communication you received from us). I'll personally take a look at our records and investigate your rebate. If the application was properly submitted, I'll have those denials reversed for you.

Regards,
    Doreen Dennis
    Office of the President
    ddennis (at) wirefly.com

mark g.henthorn Dec 27, 2006

This company is not sending my rebates and should be sued I've been told several different reasons why I didn't get my $200 rebates on a Motorola Razor and I know will never see it. I'm really mad about this. Obviously jeez can someone do something about this?

• Ce
    C.E. Bieda Mar 06, 2007

This company failed to rebate me $200 for two cellphones I ordered from them in December of 2005. Basically, they stole my money. I submitted all my documents for rebate in a timely manner. When a decent amount of time elapsed, I had to place numerous phone calls checking on the status of my rebate. Each time I was given the answers "we are waiting to process your claim" "we are missing information" (which I had to send again) "Corporate is looking into my claim", and, finally, "Corporate has denied your claim because they said it was already processed". What???

Don't buy from Wirefly if you ever expect them to honor any rebates you have coming!

• Pn
    PN Bailey Apr 10, 2007

Wirefly.com has failed to fulfill my insurance claim. Not because they are deaf, but because there is NO ONE to contact. It's the ol' run-around. Wirefly is a horrible company. Go to the Better Business Bureau website to find out more. Search: Inphonic

• Ba
    Barbara Barney Nov 12, 2007

I purchased four cell phones through Wirefly. The rebates totaled $300.00. I sent in four sets of the rebates and my cell phone bills as required. To date I am still missing more than half of the $300.00 owed. Now I see they have filed for chapter 11. I can see that filing with the Attorney General's Office in my state is a waste of time.

• Pr
    Prsad Jun 21, 2008

Pieaes give me a solution to view the usage

S.C.A.M.

SCAM, i tells ya. I wish I found this info. before I placed my order. OH.MY.DOG. There is NO customer service. The links they gave in the original responce to my order do not work. Phone #s are a no go. I ordered Sprint phones and a Sprint plan, but when I called Sprint this morning to check on my account (after I read these warnings), they have no information on a plan, or any phones for me! What they did have was an application. Period. I called my bank and my account has already been charged. Oy vey. Thankfully wash. mutual can treat if as a FRAUDULENT transaction, since it is, but then I need to get a new card. If that's what it takes to fix this mess, I'm still luckier than other people.

Sorry folks. DO NOT BUY FROM WIREFLY!! DO NOT BUY FROM WIREFLY!! DO NOT BUY FROM WIREFLY!! DO NOT BUY FROM WIREFLY!!

Portland OR

P.S. the reason i ordered through them instead of sprint is because they had better phones and a better deal (so I stupidly thought).

• Er
    Erica E Dec 17, 2006

I do not know what is going on between Wirefly and Sprint. I had the opposite but equally painful experience. I ordered through Sprint and they are telling me I ordered through Wirefly.com I had never heard of Wirefly.com until Sprint mentioned it to me. The reason I contacted Sprint about my account is that I noticed that there has been an $8 charge for 500 text messages package for the last few months. I never ever signed up for this... I only use one or two text messages a month, I don't need 500. Sprint says that Wirefly added this service to my account and I have to take it up with them since I purchased through them. Well I did NOT purchase at wirefly.com and they added these 500 text message package without my permission!!!

• Ge
    george mikrut Nov 14, 2007

Never use wirefly.com. They first sent me a broken phone. Then they sent me a phone with the wrong # and established a new account without authorizations. Then it took them a month and 4 days to send me the right phone. Then they tell me to pay 250$ because I kept the 2nd phone over thirty days. NEVER EVER USE WIREFLY.COM!!!

• Pa
    Patrick rice Jun 10, 2009

My wife and i got the lg rumor from wirefly in november, all of a sudden we are having major problems my phone is scrambleing freezing and flashing like a strobe light. Her phone is turning itself off and on 20-30 times a day. phone says it has 1 year warranty, no way to contact wirefly, sprint says i have no warranty what the heck is up with this guy told me a sprint store i can expect my phone to be dead within the month so basiclly because we used wirefly, there is no one accountable for faulty equiptment dont use wirefly, and for that matter dont buy rumor there are nothing but complaints all over the web.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices