Windstream DSL Internetpoor service provided!

H

This letter is in regard to the subpar service that we are receiving from Windstream for internet service. I pay for the top-of-the-line service, which is 3.0. However, I have not been receiving what I’m paying for for nearly a month, now. Online broadband tests often show me at half the speed I am supposed to be getting (or slightly more or less), or the DSL connection is dropped completely. I have called to complain to Windstream numerous times, and it seems that they are incapable of fixing the problem. To start with, their phone techs tend to try to blame the problem on something we’ve added to the computer, like a router or anti-viral software, instead of seeing if it’s something on their end. We’ve had two techs come out to our home, and they do system checks and various tests that they repeat over and over, and can’t seem to find a problem, other than the sometimes mentioned “packet loss”. This packet loss would be an issue on their end, which one tech has admitted to us. However, they don’t seem to be able to fix the issue of this packet loss. My wife has recently started working from home, and is highly dependent on Windstream to provide the high speed internet service that they claim to have. She must have consistent internet service, including the speed that they claim to offer (and that we are paying for). Ironically, the third time a tech came out (Friday, Jan. 26—the day after we complained again), the internet was working as it should with no problems. This is one day out of three weeks, mind you. He said that no one had done anything differently to it. Not very reassuring, since we had just complained again the night before about this, and to find out that they didn’t make an effort to address the problem, and didn’t even send him out until later in the afternoon, given our stream of complaints for a week. Since on this particular day the tech found no problems, he told us just to monitor it for a few days and let them know if we have more problems. The very next day, our DSL was running the same subpar speed, sometimes less than half of what we are paying for. This makes me suspicious that perhaps they tweaked the system since they knew that a tech was coming out again. However, as we figured, we continue to have inadequate DSL service. Apparently, if they can have the DSL running as it should one day, they should be able to do so on a consistent basis. There are no other options for internet DSL service in our particular area. Windstream needs to provide us with the service they claim to have, or they need to step aside and let companies who can provide consistent, reliable internet service come into the area. As a matter-of-fact, I would like to find out if this is possible. Perhaps if Windstream had competition, they would be more inclined to ensure that their customers are getting the service they are paying for. Regardless, it is now that my wife needs reliable internet service, and whether this was personal or business, they need to provide what they advertise. We have neighbors that are also disgusted with the lack of service Windstream is providing. They are extremely upset about this, as well, as they have a home business that also relies on internet access. As it stands, Windstream’s service is unacceptable, and cannot continue in this manner. I don’t see how legally they can get away with charging customers top dollar for service, and then not fixing problems that are brought to their attention. Either they are incapable of fixing the problem, or they don’t really care. My wife must have consistent, fast DSL service in order to do her job. And if Windstream cannot-- or will not-- provide this service and do everything they can to ensure that we are getting it, then we will do what we have to in order to ensure that they do. This is my wife’s career that Windstream is affecting, and we will pursue this relentlessly, until they provide the type of service they are supposed to. Any assistance that you would give us in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

Sincerely,
Thomas E. Fontaine

• Windstream Communications's response · Jul 28, 2016

We are sorry to hear of your issues with your broadband service. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected] with your Windstream number, a number you can be reached and the issues you are experiencing and we would be happy to assist you.

• Updated by Madelyn Bates · Jul 28, 2016

Galileo
    Please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced. Our Technical Support is located in the US and has been since September 2008. If you need Technical Assistance you can reach them at [protected]/7. If you have questions regarding your account please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

Windstream Customer Support

• Windstream Communications's response · Aug 11, 2016

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with service issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm est. You may also email us at [email protected]

• Cb
    C. Bennett Aug 11, 2016

I purchased a Windstream bundle two months ago. BIG MISTAKE. Never pleased with features of DSL, the past week multiple problems sending messages. Thinking it was my computer I took it to an excellent tech service - advised not my computer: Windstream. He himself had Windstream at one time but changed servers due to consistant problems.

I purchased Windstream as a cost saver. The saying is true: you get what you paid for. The cost of the tech service has now defeated my initial savings. Disgusted!!

C. Bennett

Ralfy Jul 28, 2016

Alltel was nothing special but at least you could deal with someone local. I bet i have made 3 dozen cable outage calls this year. I made 4 call 2 weeks ago. When no one showed up after 4 days I drove to the local Windstream store. Apparently not one of my outage calls had been reported to the local office. Every time I call I request a supervisor to call me and the service tech to call when they are on their way out. Never one call! I'm only wasting my time writing this because yes my cable is out again. I have never delt with a company that cared less about custumer service. I've gone with another internet provider at home, I will be canceling Windstream DLS at the office and they have pushed me to order satelite. I will not be ordering through them. Why did Windstream purchase this territory from Alltel if they didn't want to service it? You're pathetic.

• Bu
    Buffalonheart Jul 28, 2016

I 100% agree with you. I will not go to windstream, seeing how they run you in circles and tell you what you want to hear but not fix the problem. Seen this for myself at 2 friends houses while they had trouble after switching to windstream recently. I'm going with who ever is available but not with windstream.

• Ga
    Galileo Jul 28, 2016

I changed from dial-up to high speed DSL Sept., 2007. Picked Windstream because it is our phone service provider. The first 3 to 4 months were perfect. When they transferred customer service to India, service degraded. Each bill was more than the previous bill. They slowed down the DSL and offered high speed for $5 more per month. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THE INCREASED PRICE, BUT I WAS CHARGED THE EXTRA FEE. DSL is still slow. Lots of trouble with the connection. I will change carriers before I continue to struggle with this company. I get physically ill when I have to deal with the Indian customer service. Great way to RUIN a good business!!! Way to go folks.

Joan pitzer Jul 28, 2016

My complaint is that we unlimited long distance now. But instead of giving just one price they lowered the one price and added it to the local, they scammed us out of money, and me and my husband don't work, cuz he's in a wheel chair, and i'm the caretaker. What a rip off!

• Mj
    MJinKy Jul 28, 2016

Windstream has got to be the worst telecommunications company in the entire world! The aquired my provider 6 months ago, and have now had three extensive outages since, no problems prior to Windstream taking over.

What makes it worse is they seem to have some pretty inept people working for them. Never underestimate how bad the lowest paid staff can perform. What a comedy of errors.

We will be switching our service from this vendor ASAP!

• Ho
    hotchas Jul 28, 2016

I read on the internet that DSL speed is over 100kps [http://compnetworking.about.com/od/dsldigitalsubscriberline/f/dslspeed.htm]. For a couple of years, their modem only gave me 25kps. Then, in Jan 2011, it dropped to the current slower rate of 11kps to 14kps. That is only 2x the speed of dial-up I used to have. When I contacted them, I ran through tests and told to contact them. Then, their tech man told me to pay more for faster internet. What an utter disappointment.

• Mi
    Miss Caudill Jul 28, 2016

I live on Chestnut Grove rd and i still have the slow aol internet.. i have called and complian numerous times to windstream and begged for them to bring DSL down my road it seems like everyone else in mt.vernon has dsl but my road. aslo it took 25 mins for me to log on to my internet jus now n to get on this site!! i am very fursturated and tired of this, my road has had over 50 ppl sign and say they would get DSL if windstream would bring a line down this way but they still refused. and i know of at least 10-15 college students down my road that are having problems because some of their classes have tests online.

• Jl
    jlsayres Jul 28, 2016

I have had Windstream for over 6 years, and I have had nothing but bad things to say about them. They suck, if its not our Phone line its our internet. We are always paying for a certain type of service and not getting what we pay for. I am sorry but the econominally is still suffering and me and my husband are living paycheck to paycheck and we only what to get what we are paying for. We are paying for 3meg service and we only get 1 or 2meg! I have called and complained several times and they always have a excuse, "WE HAVE A OUTAGE IN THAT AREA", or "WE WILL SEND SOMEONE OUT TO LOOK AT IT", or "I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG LET ME GET YOU SOMEONE ELSE THAT CAN HELP" I have had my bill docked, but still no result. I cant get service where I live with no one else. I think they treat me like this because they no that if I want internet I have to deal with it. I hate WINDSTREAM and the second we can get better service I will !

• Sc
    schae23 Jul 28, 2016

Well Upon complaining many times over and over about my internet bandwidth being too slow, I have had servicemen come to the house on several occsasions. Still my internet is much slower than I get charged for. I pay for a 12Mbps connection and see speeds of less than 1.5Mbps. I just had a service call this morning. Last I knew he was headed to the office but it seems as though he will not return. I am tired of paying for this. My last email stated that my next payment will NOT be due and payable until the speed mathes the charges. Seems that I need not pay for this lackluster service anymore.

• Ca
    cathyg Jul 14, 2016

I have been a customer of Windstream for 3 years. In that time I have been forced to pay outrageous amounts for home phone and internet service because there is no other company in the area. Windstream does not have anyone to compete with so feel it is ok to price gouge. When I have to pay $85 a month for local and long distance and internet, when my daughter lives 10 miles away and can get AT&T and only pays $50 for the same service I feel I am being ripped off. Something needs to be done with this company for preying on the people that have no other choice but this ridiculous company.

• Th
    Theresa Jul 12, 2016

I have called Windstream DSL numerous times about the dsl not functioning properly from 10pm to 7am by shutting off. I then unplugged the modem, plug it back in, reboot my computer constantly. They say it is my inside house phone lines. I find it interesting that my phone lines can tell time. They work during the day up to 9:30 or 10pm. I dont have access during the day since I am gone or busy. So what am I paying for. This has interrupted my bidding online, my billing and conversation.

• Mk
    mkibmley123 Sep 29, 2014

I know how to choose the best internet service provider! U should compare all possibilities, but it's not easy unless you use a specialized website. I suggest you to look at http://www.bestcheapinternet.com/ They compare all internet, cable, phone services and help you to choose the best for you!

david ambs Aug 17, 2014

I am very upset with windstream dsl I used to have iowa telephone and dsl i have new modem from you people and it is so slow compared to my other one help me to speed this up thank you for your time i will keep my phone service but you dsl is not right david ambs

• Do
    Douglas Wallis May 21, 2014

Everything mentioned here is SO familiar! For a company that makes 6 billion a year, you would think you could actually get good service, and at least be able to speak to some one who is at least from this planet! I recently tried to remove the phone service, & just keep my Internet. I was informed that they cannot do that, so I still have to pay the phone connection plus Internet, Even though I never use the landline phone. Unfortunately we have no other option in our area.I have caught them in lies many times, And their so called one price for life bundle is total ###! my bill changes every month (usually upward) I resent having to pay for something I don't need or want, but what can you do?

• He
    Heidgerken Apr 29, 2014

Windstream has the monopoly in our area, no other choice but them. Every time it rains my 12 mps speed goes to dial up speeds. I reboot my modem and then it's fine for 5 minutes, then back to the slow speeds again. My internet light flashes very fast. It's ridiculous to pay $60 a month for this crap. Only thing they have going for them is the internet is truly unlimited. Comcast puts a cap on theirs unless you pay the higher prices for unlimited. I like to play games and need the higher speed. Hopefully the petition will help.

• Tr
    Trailgator Feb 21, 2014

I have had Windstream for over 3 years and the service is terrible to say the least. They keep letting people purchase their service and knowing darn well that the demand is greater then the supply and when that happens they will cut off your service in or to provide someone else. I pay for 3.0meg and get less then 1meg most of the time and I have talked with those in Management and have just gotten lies from them. I have asked to them adjust my bill for the service I am getting and have not gotten any reply back. I have kept and records of the speeds I have been getting each day for the past 3.5 years and have checked them several times during each day and the results are the same. In my area of Florida we are putting a PETITION together and asking Windstream to re-inverse us for the difference in the service we are receiving.

• AJAY01 Apr 21, 2013

Yes this is happening all the time. Some times its 1.5 mbps. Is there anything that I can do to make it the 5 mbps?

Windstream-LESS Feb 06, 2013

2/6/13, 11:33 pm, I called Windstream a month ago yesterday to report very slow 'high speed' internet. Was told it would be fixed before a month was up. Called yesterday. Problem not fixed PLUS windstream cable tv is so poor that I can't watch many channels PLUS two of my phones are dead (other phones work). Repair was promised by noon today. I called at 12:04 pm to ask where repairman was. Was told repairs were done!! UNTRUE. Was also told that I'd get a call back in a short time. I called again at 2:12 and was told that I'd get a call from supervisor. UNTRUE. I called at 3:30 or so and was told that a repairman WOULD be at my house TODAY. UNTRUE AGAIN! I am REALLY UNHAPPY!!! LIES AND NO SERVICE YET WINDSTREAM KEEPS TAKING A FULL FEE EVERY MONTH! I want quality repairs and service now. I have sat at home all day waiting for the service I deserve as a paying customer.

Dalmark Mar 04, 2012

Just Stupid Service

Dalmark Mar 04, 2012

I was a long time customer of windstream, even when it was Alltel . I have never got such poor Quality in a service these past few years. I canceled everything except my basic phone service for 24 dollars a month and that's when all hell broke loose.. My number was given to telemarketers without my permission. received phone calls like crazy. Had one phone in my house that had background noise. the Lady told me that it would cost 75 dollars for them to come into my house and look at it. Works fine now since I switched services I had regular Dial up on my computer because I didn't use it that much they blocked my calling numbers.. Didn't know that till AOL told me..they would add charges to your bill and you would call about them and they say they would remove them and not to not pay that amount but surprise it was never removed.. When I was unable to get on the Internet I called them they said that there's no problems here. Then she suggested a Package Deal of course. I said no because I'm not home enough to use my computer .. but guess what my computer started working 10 minutes after I talked with her.. go figure... With everyone going to cell now they want to disrupt everyone service so they can pay extra charges.. Happier now since I Left...

• Co
    countrygals21 Feb 23, 2012

I had 3.0 speeds back in 2007 before STC was off sold to Windstream and continued recieving 3.0 speeds with Windstream in Dawson County Ga.up untill 5-2010 when speeds dropped to .08 to .21mps at it's fastest . I fought with them for an entire year over their speeds and overcharges. Even though my speeds dropped my bill increased after I dropped the phone service. I was charged the higher 3.0 speed rate without a phone but was charged for extra on top of that. The monthly bill amount changed almost every month even though Internet Service was the only Service provided.
    The techs blamed our equipment with each visit, it was either the inside wiring, computer, or modems fault.. We'd replace the blamed equipment after each visit and call them out again, only to have a tech blame something else on that call.. About 6mths into the complaints Windstream started informing me that their equipment never provided the 3.0 speeds I'd claimed at our location, 1.0 was their top speed. Hell, we weren't getting 1/10 of their claimed 1.0 speed, let alone the 3.0 speeds that I was charged $45 to $65 a month for.
    Windstream ignored complaints of overcharging and blew off the complaints for super slow speeds that never topped .21mps for almost a full year. Not including the complaints that the Internet was down over 100 times in a month and several days at a time on a monthly basis. Windstream refused to rectify anything Until I'd discovered a sight that saved documentation of past speed tests dating back to 2007 into 5-2010 proving ping tests speeds had averaged 2.36mps with a top ping test of 5.4mps. Windstream still denied the past speeds were possible with their equipment at my location until I offered to fax them proof. All of a sudden the person at the Main Office discovered they had a FILTER on my line for limited light Internet Speeds of .512mps, a $19.95 a month service by the way that allows up to 1.0mps speeds or their best effort! Which was exactly what they'd been claiming was all they had to provide for the past 6 mths. while charging me for 3.0 speeds. Exactly what I'd been arguing with them over for the past year The speeds were too Slow for what I was being charged for! WTF! They continued to deny that 3.0 speeds been provided in the past and claimed 1.5 was their fastest speed offered. A honest Tech later admitted that Windstream oversold pins on the Dslam leaving me with left over unused mps since I lived at the end of a line. I was one of the earliest DSL customers before they'd oversold which allowed me to get the offered 3.0 speeds. Windstream still claims my area can get 3.0 speeds and offers 12mps only 1/4 mile away but has a hard time providing a decent 1.5 at my location.
    What happened to the millions of stimulus money that we tax payers are responsiple for that Windstream received to improve Internet speeds for Northern Ga? Document your Speeds on the Govbroadband sight for your location. Prove Windstream's slow speeds and poor service! Contact your Government Officials let them know the truth. Monopolies don't work, we need choices for Internet service. Windstream is using funds to improve eqipment for those who already had fast Internet and buying other low rate Companies to do the same thing, collect funds without re-investing needed improvements for the rural regions. Legally their not suppose to sell more pins than the Dslam unit has but they admittedly have!

• Jb
    jblusher Dec 16, 2011

I think windstream should pay me to use dial-up service if you can call it a service.

• Ag
    Aggravated shopper Dec 14, 2011

Funny Windstream Customer Service keeps saying to call that number yet when I did I was told in less than 1 minute that I needed to call tech support who is what i was complaining about anyways. So this number is useless.

• St
    Stacy R. Nov 03, 2011

If you work from home, take college classes online, or expect to get at least close to what you are paying for do not get windstream. I recently switched to them from Newwave Communications and my internet is consistently dropped at least 3 times a night. Two techs have been out in the only two months that I have had service with them. Each of them stating that they "solved" the issue, only to be in the middle of a test or work to have my internet connection completely DROPPED (on a daily basis)! I would actually not only not recommend Windstream, but warn other's to stay away from them as an internet service provider.

Somerset, KY

• Ly
    Lyoung_123 Jul 16, 2011

I am not happy at all with windstream. It is the only internet provider in our area so we have to deal with thier sorry service. I called and complained that we were getting 20 to 25 drops a day and the lady on the line looked it up and said we had gottten 159 drops in the pass two weeeks. A service tech came to the house and said everything was fine, but he would give us a new modem. My sons cannot play games online as they get alot of lag and get disconnects on every game they play. Windstream sucks!! Every time I test its not even half of what we are suposed to get. I'm sick of them. I've called every internet provider out there to make a change, but no luck.

• Ph
    Phu May 28, 2011

You are right. I paid for 3.0 mb, but the speed test results were 0.38mb and also the line dropped frequently. Do you think Windstream ripped us off ?

windstream_sucks May 23, 2011

My local DSL provider was bought out in Northwest MN by Windstream. Ever since then my DSL has been awful. I pay for 3MB, my downloads should be around 300kb a second. I am lucky to get 30kb a second. No luck with customer services. I'm changing providers as soon as possible!

• Di
    Dianna59 May 22, 2011

I previously had Iowa Telecom and moved and they have totally deleted my iowatelecom address, screwed up my computer and blame us for doing something. We ought to have some say --- why don't we all write our complaints to the Iowa Attorney General, Tom Miller, and see if the state can call for bids to bring us a company like Iowa Telecom or better - not worse? This company sucks big time and we should not be forced to have to use them. I think they are hiring all interns and 1st year tech people that don't (and most from India) and they don't know what they are doing. Please join with me in contacting Tom Miller. It is our Right!

• Io
    iowafarmer May 18, 2011

My spouse and I built a new house last fall, we wanted telephone and wi fi services so we tried what was the local carrier. Come to find out that they were bought out by Windstream . We were promised that it was going to be hooked up 3 times!!! I took 2 afternoons off from work on the days that they called when they said they were going to be there and they never showed up!!! The 3rd time was the day windstream set up and never called or showed up!!! I now recieve statements that I owe for the services! I have talked to customer service reps and they were supposed to be taken care of and free service was also promised for 3 months!!! It gets better, I just recieved my notice for diconnection today!! I want to know what they will disconnect, since I have never had service EVER!!! Tommorrow I am going to tell them to stick their, what they call services, up their you know what!!! I would advise to never do business with this company ever!!!

Windstream Customer 09 Mar 31, 2011

"We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]"

Damn, why don't you send people to [protected] first whenever they have a complaint or problem dealing with the regular, beyond-poor, Windstream Customer Service numbers. Luckily, this [protected] exists. It's just too bad that it takes hours on end to get something actually rectified when it comes to over billing and poor service on Windstream's part. It's just a miracle that there are a few decent people working in the Windstream complaint department and sad that the front line is so devoid of them. Call [protected] if you have a complaint against Windstream. Hopefully, they can help you like they did for me; even thought it took several calls over a couple of months to get Windstream to admit to their mistakes of trying to charge me 59.99 for a service that is advertised at 39.99 by claiming that I live in an area that calls for the higher price. It helps that I called back and recorded the agent quoting the 39.99 price for service in "my" area and neighborhood. Call [protected] if you have a complaint against Winstream for poor service or blatant flash advertising. Again, the number is [protected]. Maybe, this will help others like it finally helped me. [protected]

• St
    StickemNC Mar 30, 2011

I am also on the Windstream DSL. I pay for the 1.5 DSL and most nights around 7 PM when everyone is home from work and people are getting online, I can tell by my speeds. I've been as low as dialup speeds and called to complain about the slow speeds and like some other comments said, they try saying it's my router or my computer. Well I fixed that problem and they still tried to tell me it was my router. I told them well it's it was my router it was THEIR router that I had just installed plus I was on a brand new computer. Then they started back tracking. They sent out a service tech 3 different times. The 1st time the service tech said I was losing packettes before they were getting to me. The 2nd Tech called me while he was out working on the substation down the road from my house and he said he was rewiring some circuits. Things were find right after that but went right back to the same slow slow speeds. The 3rd service tech came out and he flat out told me that there was nothing else he could do. He said that DSL substation was already overloaded and was doing all it could do. He also told me they were about to start up a new substation 1 mile from my house and he said that substation was fiber fed and when they switch over to that box I should be able to tell a big differance. Well all this has been going on every since before Christmas and here it is almost April and I'm still having below my 1.5 GB dsl speed I'm paying for. Not sure where anyone else is located, but I'm in the north east part of Lee County.

ramathraya Mar 26, 2011

Windstream DSL is worst internet connection. I have 12 Mbps download line and they are providing with 0.15 Mbps. Windstream DSL is not able to rectify this service for past 2 months. As per help desk, this issue is happening for all Windstream DSL customers in my area and they are not able to resolve the issue. They have poor customer service.

Comments

ramathraya Mar 26, 2011

Windstream is worst internet connection. I have 12 Mbps download line and they are providing with 0.15 Mbps. Windstream is not able to rectify this service for past 2 months. As per help desk, this issue is happening for all windstream customers in my area and they are not able to resolve the issue. They have poor customer service and worst technical group, who are not able to resolve the issue for 2 months

• Cd
    C_Delly Feb 24, 2011

My Windstream service has not worked consistently for as long as I have had them. If I call and complain during periods when it is extremely bad it works for about an hour. I would really like to see some legal action brought against Windstream. I have actually considered going internet free but that just isn't possible in this era. Internet service is too crucial to my college courses. I live in Grayson, Kentucky, and there aren't any other options for internet service. I had the phone service completely removed from my line at their suggestion. They said I wouldn't need filters if I did this. Well, when I tell them this now they say I still need them, unless I have them on; in which case, they say they are bad and never to use them. I wouldn't be so pissed over the horrible service if the customer support wasn't so awful.

• Td
    T.D. in GA. Dec 24, 2010

I have Windstream in Dawsonville Ga. we pay for $46 mth 1.5 mbs Interenet without phone service but have never gotten over .42 download and .21 upload speeds. That's the highest speeds clocked usually at 4AM, when no one else is using their lines. Often we get only .26 down and .10 up load speeds. We have to buy Dish because we can'nt download Netflix without at least 1mbs speed . They rope you into 1 year contracts but don't provide the service signed agreed too. They've been out here numerous times to check the connection after they clocked the .42 or slower speeds with Winstream. Windstream Reps admit it's too slow that we shouldn't have to deal with it. Yes, it's true they do consider getting 65% speed sold in the agreed pacage acceptable and don't they don't think you should complain if you get at least 65%. They sell the pacage as 1 to 1.5 speeds knowing they'll never give anyone over 75% of the speed in best circumstances. They admitted it! It's outragous enough receiving only 75% of a service Windstream knew was being falsely represented and sold but receiving less then 25% of speed agreement I paid for should be a crime. They have a Monopoly on the lines and service area which prevents us from choosing other providers.

Windstream Victim Jun 10, 2010

I too am victimized by the lack of competition and the total lack of concern Windstream has for the fact they sell 10 times the bandwidth they have. Once day, I will have another choice and I will leave Windstream and the blood sucking vermin that make up this company to die in their own rotted flesh.

Windstream_isnt_an_isp Jun 10, 2010

Windstream is a total joke. I've had NOTHING but problems for the 7 months I've had this so-called "ISP."

I pay for 12mbps, I'm lucky to get over 1. My internet drops EVERY 10 minutes, and then stays down for hours.

The tech people have came out at least a dozen times and, conveniently, it works just fine.

Maybe I should just make them stay at my house 24/7.

• Re
    ReasonToComplain Jun 01, 2010

Windstream is a total [censor]ing joke of a company. I cannot stand their service; however, there is no other option of DSL service in the area. I've put up with their crap and outsourced tech support over the years. They may have brought tech support back to the states but it doesn't help when they don't have a clue what they're doing. All they do is read from a list of really basic troubleshooting things...things that I've already tried BEFORE calling them. I pay for 1.5MB service. This morning it was only running at 0.01MB. What the hell? I called tech support (AFTER being on hold for 2 minutes with someone who was trying to figure out what to do) and all she could say was to remove the filter from the phone line (which there is none...didn't even have the courtesy to ASK if there was a filter). Then I was placed on hold for another 2 minutes and she told me to reset the modem, which I already did before calling. After neither of those solved the problem they resulted to what the people at Windstream do best - blaming it on their customer! It isn't my computer. I seem to have "good days, " where my internet service runs at about 0.30MB and "bad days, " (most days), where my internet runs at less than 0.10MB. Windstream considers 65% of the speed you're paying for to be "good service, " but it never even goes that fast. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right?" Well the customer is certainly never right with Windstream! I can't even do anything because the internet is so slow. The internet went out 3 times last week, and this week it's been going super slow. I haven't saw these "blazing fast" speeds they keep mentioning. Stay away from Windstream if you have another choice. You'll be glad you did.

• Go
    Go_to_hell_windstream May 19, 2010

Everytime i call Windstream in my area they never even bother to pick up the phone. For the poster who said he had received a "typo" on his service, you didnt. They ripped you off. I heard about 5 identical stories so far. They say they never offered that service in your area and so on. They will make you pay the price, rip you off and then deny everything. Windstream is an awful company that cuts corners and cuts raw deals to people who cant find alternatives. I pray that no one in their right mind goes with Windstream.

P.S. If i start downloading something i can get 300kbps for about 5 seconds and then they cut me off and it goes down to 120 or less. We pay for 1.5mbps. [censor].