Windstream Communications Logo

Windstream Communications

Having problems with Windstream Communications?

Windstream Communications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 20, 2006. The latest review internet was posted on Oct 5, 2021. The latest complaint Customer service was resolved on Aug 18, 2021. Windstream Communications has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 243 reviews. Windstream Communications has resolved 103 complaints.

Windstream Communications Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 347 1991 (Customer Service)
+1 800 481 5441 (Online Order Status)
+1 866 445 8084 (Order Support, Sales)
+1 800 537 7755 (Financial Services Department)
+1 855 439 2889 (Business Class Services)
+1 800 600 5050 (Enterprise Customer Support)
+1 866 375 6040 (Windstream Wholesale)
4001 N Rodney Parham Rd
Little Rock, Arkansas
United States - 72212-2442

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Windstream Communications Customer Service. Initial Windstream Communications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Windstream Communications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Windstream Communications. Discuss the issues you have had with Windstream Communications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Windstream Communications Complaints & Reviews, Page 8

Windstreambusiness phone out for 10 days plus

My business phone has been down for 10 days. I have called EVERY day (most calls take over 30 minutes due to holds). Each day I am promised help. But no one comes. The service ticket is [protected]. Calls are almost never returned and one supervisor even left me a phony number as a return number. Windstream is absolutely the most incompetent phone company out there, and while their phone people are polite they make excuse after excuse, lie about sending out people, and bottom line - they haven't tried in 10 days to repair a business phone line.

Respond

Cavalier/Cavtel/Windstream Residential Phone and Internet service — frequent internet outages

Two all-day internet outages in past two weeks. No attempt to notify customers on website or via Twitter...

Windstream Communicationspoor service and extra charges

Was under contract for three years, but after two years was sick and tired of slow data speeds and service interruptions, we switched to another comm company (yet continued to pay out our contract). Requested termination 6 months prior to the contract end date (we would pay the monthly fee until that time). After termination, continued to receive bills - I called and explained that we had terminated the contract, they said OK. Two months later, got a call from "a representative of the law firm of Atlas Leviton" saying we owed the amount because "it takes some time to port the number and the company has a legal right to continue charging until the port is complete". They only had a 6 MONTH period to do this. Stay away from this company!!!

Windstreambundle charge

Had internet, telephone bundle, unlimited long distance local calls, paid my phone bills. Then one day, They told me that my charges went up. End of my first year. I told them that my charges were never supposed to go up. They said it was not in the contract. I refused to pay more than the original amount. After two months they disconnected my long distance. After 3 months my telephone service. Now they are saying I owe them $185. that includes accumulation fees. I have been scammed. They are threatening to turn me over to the credit bureau.

Respond

Windstream Communicationsthey will screw you up

If you DARE to switch from their $5 calling plan, they screw with you, keep billing you anyway, and drop your long distance too!

• Windstream Communications's response · Nov 29, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your long distance. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected] Thank you!

3 Responses
          • Cr
            craigmad Aug 03, 2012

i am going to buy stock in windstream! they know how to overcharge for spotty at best slow service and than lie about geting notice that you are moving and keep charging you until a lawyer calls your cell phone at dinner!
            All other utilities accept a letter... i would send mine to them via a lawyer if you ever want to terminate with them even after the contract period...
            go stock go!

Aggravated shopper Dec 14, 2011

I am a customer but not by choice since they bought out my local phone company. Maybe you should get your head out of your rear end and actually read stuff rather than just making a childish comment.

Aggravated shopper Dec 14, 2011

I called the windstream number listed above just to see "took matters seriously" talked to a lady and in less than 1 minute had said she is sorry there is nothing she can do I need to talk to someone else.

Windstreamthe biggest ripoff around

In the 10 years I have been able to get broadband service to my home the past 6 months have been horrible since Windstream has taken over. I pay for 3mb service at a very high price. I only receive .3 90% of the time. I have rewired my home, rework my home network, you name it I have done it to fix the problem that Windstream said had to be on my end. Well come to find out this whole time Windstream has twice as many people hooked to there dslam that it is capable of handling. Now they tell me it was suppose to be repaired on the 16th of June, then it was the 20th now its the 25 and my internet is still worse than dialup. They actually have the balls to send me a freaking bill for a service they can not provide. BEWARE OF WINDSTREAM. IN MY 40 YEARS I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD SUCH A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH A COMPANY. I cannot believe there is nothing that can be done about this company and how they treat there customers. There is more complaints on this company than anything I have ever seen. Just seems like there would be someone who could step in and make this company provide what they advertise or make them move out and let someone who will.

• Windstream Communications's response · Nov 14, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your concerns. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected] Thank you.

Windstreamscam

Winstream took over a local company in Ephrata PA. We had no problems with the old company until windstream took over. We had our services scheduled to be switched to a new address but had to postpone the switch. I called and confirmed that everything was taken care of however the services were still shut off even though I had confirmed that they were not to be turned off anymore. My business is now withour phone services and losing out on business. Their response is they don't credit for loss of business even though it was completly theit fault. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY !

• Windstream Communications's response · Sep 29, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your services. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

1 Response
              • Bo
                booyahh Sep 26, 2011

Service Tech/Installation not on time. Will come onsite the next day or even weeks.

Windstreammisleading

A phone call solicitation resulted in my agreeing to the $49.99 lock-in bundle for phone and internet, plus $9.99 for an additional phone line. I was promised that the first 30 days would be free and that the first bill would reflect a $50 rebate and a mail-in $50 rebate for the wireless modem. Then I got a bill for $214. A call to the Buffalo area number, where the order was placed, resulted in my being assured that I was not told the above and that the mail-in rebate was all that they offered. When I talked to a supervisor, I was given the same answer. The local Jamestown, NY billing office seems to be innocent of deception. Please help.

Windstreamslow internet

I've had Windstream ever since they took over Altel. I've had them to my home several times in the past few years to help resolve problems with slow speeds. I live in the city limits and have poorer connections than my friends who live up the mountain! Why don't they put in another relay station so that some of us city folks can enjoy the internet like the others? It may be cost effective in some ways, but losing customers to Time Warner sure doesn't sound like they are making money. My speeds are rediculously slow. All I'm asking for is a relay station close enough where I can get my money's worth for my internet service!!!

• Windstream Communications's response · Sep 07, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your issues with your Windstream service. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues with the broadband service. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

• Ho
                    hodgosntheresa Feb 22, 2013

speed of internet through windstream is ridiculously slow. takes 5 to 15 minutes (no exaggeration) to open an e-mail. Bill paying on line takes 4 times longer than writing and sending a check. Called to upgrade to a higher speed which they promptly did by phone.
                    But then explained that upgrading to a higher speed would not benefit my slow (new) computer. They are "upgrading" lines of communication with no objective date for improvement. Not impressed. Sure would hate to count on this for a business tool. I would lose most if not all customers. Wonder what Time Warner is killing for internet service. I'll be sure to find out within the next day or two

• Th
                    Thompson3463456 Sep 24, 2011

Don't bother with calling customer service. I've tried numerous times and they have never helped. Find a company that will actually provide what you are paying for. That is finally what solved my problem.

Windstreamhorrible service

Windstream has the worst service ever. In 2 years I would have to call them at least once a month because something was not working. I once had to call for my service being turned off for non payment when I paid. I called to ask why it had been turned off and they told me it said for nonpayment but that that made no sense since I was up to date on my bill. Internet sevice was down at least 3 times a month. They sent us at least 2 internet boxes because the one we had did not work. I should have know when they installed the service we would have problems because the tech left before finishing setup. Horrible service all around.

• Windstream Communications's response · Aug 25, 2011

Good morning! We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issues. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected] - Again, We are very sorry for the issues you have experienced.

Aggravated shopper Aug 25, 2011

See I told you how they would respond

Aggravated shopper Aug 17, 2011

Agreed Windstream is horrible and when a rep from Windstream comments on this complaint and says to call or email, dont waste your time. If they cared so much why couldnt they try to make their service more reliable.

Windstream & Broadband Check-Up Utilitybcuc installation issue

It was a boring Friday night and I was surfing the net and noticed some of my videos would go into "buffering" etc. Went to www.speedtest.net and noticed my speeds were sometimes fast, some times good. Being the dutiful engineer that I am, I wanted to make sure the problem was not in my home network. I had noticed on the Windstream webpage that they had a "check-up" tool, which I downloaded and attempted to install.

(note: the PC is running Win7 64bit Ultimate (SP-1).

When I called into the 1-888 number and selected "all other internet related issues", it assumed that I had a DSL connectivity problem and proceeded to bounce/reset my DSL connection. It was quite annoying listening to a female voice telling me that I can easily fix my problem by resetting my DSL modem, when clearly I did NOT have a DSL modem problem. To make matters worse, there is no bypass (hit 0 for a CSR, etc) to get to a real human. (On a side note, the female voice seemed condescending and a bit snide).

Once I did get to a human, the CSR assumed I couldn't download the utility and started to walk me through on how to download it. I remarked that I already had done that and the problem was when I tried to install it. He put me on hold whilst he tried to find information. He came back on and asked if I had another computer to install it on. At the time, I didn't. So, end of call...time for some real engineer work!

I dug out an old laptop with was running Windows 7 Profession (SP-1) and tried to install the BCUC utility. Low and behold, it worked! But, it perplexed me since Win7 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate are essentially the same product. Then I noticed one small and significant difference: the Win7 Ultimate I have installed is the 64 bit version and the Win7 Pro is 32 bit.

Being ever the Good Engineer, I decided to share my findings with Windstream and see if there was a 64bit version. Instead of calling, I decided to submit my issue through their e-mail problem reporting (24-48 hour turn around). I got a reply back with "Broadband Check-up Center untility installation issue [Incident: [protected]]" email advising:

---------------------
                    "Response (Vincent S.) - 08/02/2011 05:27 PM
                    To download the broadband check up center

disable all fire walls on the PC
                    you can only download it through internet explorer version 8 or earlier,
                    to get the link to download it is at http://support.windstream.net"
                    ---------------------

Bloodyhell, do they ALL use the same script? Didn't they READ my write up of the issue? I sent them a follow-up to clarify the problem and ask that they elevate this to their 2nd level or their software support group. That was 3 days ago and still no reply.

Oh well, thank you for letting me vent this.

Windstreamdissatisfied customer

I am writing this review purely out of frustration. I currently have Windstream as my provider of internet and telephone (which I don't even use). I am currently connected to the Internet through a data tethering service offered by my cell phone company because once again I cannot access my internet. I have called somewhere in the neighborhood of six times and while the representatives of Windstream are ALWAYS extremely polite and try to be helpful I think the infrastructure of Windstream's service capabilities is horrible in the area I live. I have had Windstream in the past and have a friend who has them as well and never any real problems ever persisted. But one mile further south and its a whole new world. According to one of the last techs that came out it is because I live in a development and the type infrastructure used in a housing development is apparently not the same quality as that found along a main road. Well if thats the case and your going to get sub-par service they should offer sub-par pricing.

• Windstream Communications's response · Aug 02, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue with your Windstream service. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you.

Windstreamdishonest technical support

I called on 8/31/2010 to ask for instructions on how to change callerid name for one of our company phone lines.
                        Larry a Windstream technical support rep stated that changing the name could not be done on site and that it would cost $25 and take 5 days to change a name on an existing phone line.
                        Motivated by the cost factor I logged into our server went to the applicable phone extension and changed the name myself in 15 seconds.
                        The intended result has been successfully achieved the callerid name was changed without using Windstream.
                        I do not understand how a company can charge an existing customer fees to get their product working correctly.
                        Do you not value what kind of experience I have using your product. You are already charging us a monthly fee.
                        Furthermore, to be dishonest by saying it can't be done on site when I was able to make the change in seconds just illustrates how you feel towards your customers.

• Windstream Communications's response · Jul 29, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your concerns regarding the caller id name. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected] with your Windstream number, a number you can be reached and we will be happy to assist you.

Respond

Windstream — massive connection issue in sugar land, texas

Began experiencing slow speeds and high pings in May (speeds of less than 1 mbps, pings above 600ms). Since...

Windstreamhate them

We live in a rural area in OK and like many others, Windstream has a monopoly in out small town, . It seems like because this is a poor socioeconomic area they feel that we are not important enough to deserve the same services that others recieve. We have lived in the country for almost 5 yrs now and have been working since we moved here to get DSL in our home. There is DSL within 2 1/2 miles of my house but because it will cost them too much money, they will not bring it out any furher. We were told 5 yrs ago to go around the community and get a petition started and that might help the cause. My husband spent a week going door to door all over our community. We paid for the gas that it took to drive all over creation gathering signatures. My husband was bitten by dogs, twice, but we did obtain 125 signatures. As of today, 4 yrs later, no one can tell us what happened to the petition. It was never recieved by the powers that be. I work from home and my job is 8 hours a day on a computer. I have to drive 10 miles to my sons house every day to work because I cant get DSL in my home and the horrible dial-up internet will not allow me to do my job. We call at least 1 time a month to remind them that we are still waiting for our DSL, and even though they tell us they have reieved government stimulous monies to bring high speed internet into rural areas, they cannot tell us when the issue will be resolved. I really hate this company and if there was any other choice we would cancel everything Windstream!!!

Windstreambill after cancellation

I cancelled my Windstream services but because I cancelled 6 days into my billing month they expect me to pay for the entire month. I didn't have any service for 24 days. They don't prorate they tell me. This is outrageous and should not be tolerated. I wish there was some type of recourse for this company and a law that doesn't allow them to charge for services not delivered. They are terrible and I am glad I no longer use them. I would go without services then go back to them.

• Windstream Communications's response · May 20, 2011

We are sorry to hear of your recent Windstream experience. We take matters like yours seriously and want to resolve your issue. Please contact our Complaint Resolution Team at [protected] Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm EST. You may also email us at [email protected]

Windstreamlied about charges

on 4/8/2011 i contacted windstream for phone/int. bundle.explained in detail to agent that i was on a fixed income and wanted an accurate price quote up front. after explaing in detail and actually givng me what my cost would be for 1st 2nd and 3rd month, i asked the windstream agent if this was with all taxes etc inc. as i didnt want any hidden costs, she replied again your bill will be xxfor 1st month xx2nd month xx3rdmonth are you agreeing to that? i said yes.was told modem would arrive via ups was given setup date of 4/12 told could install self. modem arrives 4/12.tried to install no service, windstream call#1- ma'am its showing you have service try it again and call back if it doesnt wwork call#2 well its showing on our end you must be doing something wrong can connect to tech- then they disconnected me. call#3 you just hung up on me can you help me?ma'am someone needs to come to your house they will be there before 5 oclock dont know why you were told its on.call #4 its 5 oclock and no-one has shown up well ma'am we cant send anyone out till tomorrow whats the problem?i was supposed to have internet today so far been told its on, it will be on, someone will be to house by 5 still no int. whats going on? click hung up on again.call#5 this is the second time iv'e been hung up on today where is my internet? ma'am there is nothing we can do till tomorrow, would you like to speak with a tech, yes, click.call #6 made by irate husband-you need to stop hanging up on my wife and explain what is going on-he actually got sympathetic rep who stated some one should have been to house, some kind of mix up transferred him to tech who also apologized said he would make sure we were installers first stop in a.m.faith temporarily restored.a.m arrives inst.shows up 8:30 says windstream knew someone had to come to the house and not sure why all the run around, int and phone turned on all is well...till first bill arrives.of course its not what i was quoted.call#7-i'd like you to explain my bill- whats the problem? its not what i was quoted.well ma'am(by now i've come to hate that word) that is what it is can i connect you to someone to pay your bill? no you dont understand i was very explicit when i contacted you that i was on a fixed income and was quoted price for first three months, i want the price i agreed to. well ma'am this is what your bill is this is what you need to pay i dont know what you're asking for. i'm asking for quote you gave me.ma'am dont know why you or if you were given that quote but you need to pay what the bill says.explained again quotes given for first three months and asked what my next months bill would be. again much more than quote. explained again on fixed income and would never have agreed to service at that price.was told same reply AGAIN.i then asked if when people call for service if you give out any quote you want then charge them what you feel like. reply was ma'am we have no record of that transaction or if or why you were quoted that but you need to pay amount on bill.now i am a liar.so here i am with a bill i cant pay dealing with a company i now consider fraudulent. i will cancel my service and report them to any one who will listen. i left my previous provider after year and a half because they changed hands and int became unstable. always paid my bill and left on good terms.

• Ti
                                  tiredofwindstream May 12, 2011

next step is to contact state public utility commission, fcc and bbb. sure it wont change anything but i will feel better just by telling as many people as i can what a scam/fraud windstream is and to stay away from them

Aggravated shopper May 11, 2011

I have had a similar experience with Windstream, I wont go through all the headaches I have had but I will tell you they are numerous. My main one however was when Windstream took over our local phone company they called and sent flyers to get people to sign up for a "price for Life" so I wrote down everything the rep told me it was supposed to be for internet and telephone bundle at $69.95 a month so i signed up. My bill was a bit higher at first but I didnt think much of it because of all the changes but after 3 months of 93-97 phone bills i called. I was told that the rep. told me wrong and that with my higher speed internet the bundle was $79.95 a month and the features he told me were not on this package so they were an additional charge. i was also told there was nothing they can do about it.

being frustrated i called my State Utility Board and after a few days received a call from Windstream. I was told that they listened to the conversation and I was indeed misinformed but they could do nothing but give me a one time $50 credit to which i accepted to be done with this headache. 1 month bill with $50 credit was on there but the next 2 months bills were $110 and change so i called and was told these are fees and taxes added by government. Now my last 2 bills have been $120.

$120 bills when I agreed to $69.95 for life but then was told it was 79.95 there is still a $40 difference and Windstream says it is TAXES and FEES.

If I had any other choice for internet I would begone in a heart beat.

Windstream — slow internet, not getting adveritised speed

I personal think that we should start civil lawsuits against windstream. Due to the speed that we paid for...

Windstream Phone & Internetcancel service

I closed my business three months ago. I have been trying since that date to get Windstream to disconnect phone and internet service.

They asked me to send them a letter on company letterhead asking that the service be disconnected since they cannot accept a phone call asking that it be turned off. I informed them that I did not have company letterhead, so they said I could simply send an e-mail to them from my listed e-mail address and that would work. I sent the e-mail and received no response.

I called my rep and asked for help. She called the company and asked that service be disconnected. They did not respond.

My rep also asked me to send a letter to them. I did send the letter and received no response.

I received a call from Windstream asking for payment and I explained that the business was closed and that service needs to be disconnected and that I did not owe them a balance. They said I needed to send an e-mail to them. I did. That e-mail did not get a response.

I was again contacted by them and was told I needed to write on my invoice that I wanted service disconnected. I did send the invoice with notations about disconnecting service and that did not get any response except to get another bill.

The latest bill now totals almost $1, 200 that I do not owe. The business is closed for three months and I cannot seem to get them to stop service. I have jumped through the six hurdles they gave me with no responses. It should not be this difficult to get service turned off.

Has anyone else experieced this problem with Windstream?

1 Response
                                  • Gr
                                    Greg Nardi Jul 16, 2012

Same thing happened to me... 5 months of paying 750.00 per month trying to get them to release my numbers. If you have a choice, don't ever sign up with these people!

Windstream — billing

I called windstream billing because for the 2nd month in a row they did not give me my lifeline discount when...