[Resolved] Whirlpool Refrigerator/Compressorno whrilpool will not eat my loss in food

W Review updated:

I just purchased a brand new side by side whirlpool refrigerator with ice maker in the door and water. All is well with the water and ice, but at almost 3 weeks, yes WEEKS my compressor is shot. My brand new kitchen set is ruined. I also purchased a new dishwasher at my local appliance store, and I am with out a refrigerator for three days due to the 4th of July falling on a Tuesday. I can not believe a product with such a prominent name has crapped out at such a horrible time with wasting almost $60 in meats and other misc. condiments, etc. And NO Whrilpool will not eat my loss in food, they are directing the distributor to eat that cost. WHAT A WASTE!

• Updated by hitesh5680 · Jul 18, 2018

Refrigerator model no WRT318FZDW02 SR NO VS71192991
    We have purchased this refrigerator from local Lowes store for our business and temperature getting too cold ( below 34 f ) even on lowest cold setting.
    I will not buy any of Whirlpool product any more. I have lost my trust on Whirlpool company.

• Updated by Washing machine · Sep 09, 2018

Too many service calls for this washing machine

• Updated by Linda Reaman · Oct 09, 2018

They never could fix the problem with the drawer on the freezer drawer. Wouldn't close properly and it would freeze over the back making a loud noise.

• Whirlpool's response · Dec 03, 2018

Dear Wonderguy:
    Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Refrigerator concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.
    Thank you.

Chennai – 600 023
    Mobile : 9710906929

To,

The Manager
    T.Nagar Croma & Whirlpool Pvt Ltd.
    Chennai

Dear Sir,

Sub: Request for Replacement of newly purchased fridge (Whirlpool) for acid leaking problem.

Ref: Bill No 137-51820

The Whirlpool Fridge (Double door) …………………. Was purchased in T.Nagar Croma on 29th Aug 2010 and the same was delivered to our residence on 31st Aug 2010(around 11.15 pm).

On 01st Oct 2010 we were feeling unusual smell coming while opening and closing the fridge. The next day (i.e) 02nd Oct 2010 the small was not tolerable and we decided to launch a complaint . Unfortunately that was a national holiday and we could not make a complaint. Then on 4th Oct 2010 a complaint and was made by us. With no delay we were called by an Engineer from Whirlpool for inspecting the machine and the person visited our house. He said that the water collector at the back has some water stagnated and that is the reason for the smell. He then closed the ticket and went. Again from the next day (ie- Tuesday, 05/10/2010) the problem reinstated. Second time we made a complaint and the same person attended the problem and said that there was no proper ventilation around the fridge. We again attempted for that suggestion and moved the fridge to a new location also and again we came across the problem of getting pungent acid smell coming from fridge while opening it.

We found the situation strange and were disturbed mentally and decided to switch off the fridge for the Health and Safety of our family. As we are having 5 yrs old kid, we thought it would not be safe to continue using the fridge as this may cause hazardous problem immediately or in future. We are disturbed very much of this because we come across of similar situation (gas leakage) in media and paper which leads to accidents and death.

Its been 4 times we gave complaint and no one was able to fix the problem. At last one Senior person from Whirlpool came to our residence on 7th Oct 2010 and explained that there is some problem in compressor as well problem in transit of the machine. We immediately requested him for a replacement of the Fridge and gave my views in writing to him. That person from Whirlpool convinced us that another senior person from Whirlpool will come the very next day (08/10/2010) and inspect the Fridge and will make necessary steps for replacement. Simultaneously we were liaising with T.Nagar Croma people about the problem and they also promised us that they will take care for replacement.

I would like to bring to your notice that we were not using the Fridge from 04th Oct to till date. Myself and my husband are full time employee and we are facing enormous discomfort because of non usage of refrigerator. This is really causing a major problem in our routine activities because of which there is major loss in time and money.

I am sure that you will clearly agree my point and understand the problem we are facing for last 10 days.

Request you to please intervene in this matter personally and help us in getting a replacement of the Fridge. We are very sorry to quote that we are totally dissatisfied of using this product as we are witnessing these type of strange problem. As a customer no one will compromise for these types of problems as the purchased product is a long term usage and is quite expensive also. Hence request you to please address to my request and treat the same very serious and do the needful by replacing the Fridge with a new one immediately. We are very much frustrated because of this. Hope the dealer (T.Nagar, CROMA) will take a call on our behalf and will liaise with the manufacturer for the replacement.

Awaiting your immediate action on this.

Thank you.

• Hi
    hitesh5680 Aug 14, 2018

We have purchased this refrigerator from local Lowes store for our pharmacy business and temperature getting too cold ( below 34 f ) even on lowest cold setting.

• Yo
    Yolanda Chavira Aug 14, 2018

i Purchased a Refrigerator in Sept Model WRF535SMBMB00 has given out 6 times i was promised a new one last week and am still waiting ., Please help claim #7722478338 how can i live without a refrigerator i have called every day no one ever answers have waited for over 1 1/2 hours everyday today i am up to 2 hours

• Pr
    Pradeep Kutty Aug 16, 2018

Have a washer dryer combo - My date of purchase was 12/07/17, model number WTW5000DW and serial number C74549318. I have not been able to use the dryer. Multiple rounds for one load of clothes. Called in earlier and scheduled but no one showed up at the scheduled appointment nor did I get a call to reschedule. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

• Aj
    Ajay Dholariya Aug 20, 2018

I got old refrigerator instead of new one.

• Hq
    hquach Aug 26, 2018

One of the worst customer service available. Called in their support line and waited over an hour and no answer. Went on chat and waited for over 40 minutes and no one was available to help. What kind of company is this?????

• Di
    Diane Lynne Sep 01, 2018

Purchased 2007
    Model WTW6400SW2
    SER CU3670367
    Is this rust acceptable? Not in my book. I have taken care of this washer. Had to have bearings replaced. (Known issue with this unit. My dime.) For the money I paid this is washer, ridiculous condition. Any ideas for repair before the thing starts rusting on to my clothes?

• Sy
    Syed Hasan Mehdi Sep 01, 2018

Date of incident is : 24/12/17
    - i don't know exactly what happened, when i opened my refrigerator it is not working.
    -So, I request you please repair my refrigerator

Sandi 67 Sep 01, 2018

I had a washing machine for about two years my roommate was doing laundry when it caught on fire. Ended up being the wires it melted all the inside of the washer. The fire department was called they had to throw the washer outside they also threw my dryer outside but the dryer is still working. Luckily we just had some smoke damage.

• Sh
    Shannon_239 Sep 05, 2018

Refrigerator has went out 3 times WRF993FIFM00. K63220795. IS THERE A RECALL ON THIS REFRIGERATOR. It keeps frosting up and the fan stops working very unsatisfied with your product sears repair guy says you have alot of problems with this refrigerator and they don't know how to fix it 785-865-603five please call me thanks

• Wa
    Washing machine Sep 19, 2018

I have a Cabrio washing machine and have had to have it fixed at least 10 times or more the machine quits when it reaches 14minutes left the machine makes aloud knocking noise just before this machine stops

• Ni
    Nirupama Nayak Sep 19, 2018

I am from Burla, Sambalpur, Odisha.
    I have a whirlpool microwave which have switch problem, it is nt getting power on.
    Pl send some one to repair at my home.
    pl help me

• Li
    Linda Reaman Oct 15, 2018

Never ever tried to fix the original problems with this refrigerator. The bottom freezer door would close correctly. They have records of how man times I called. They only want to sell their warranty service!!! Believe me you will need it! I have a job and can't be waiting on repairmen every week.
    Then the repairmen never could fix the problem.

• Su
    Suzette Clouse Oct 21, 2018

Hi I purchased this oven 8/13 and purchased an Extended Service.
    Unfortunately it has never baked even. I've had repair men out on 3 different occasions. Today I was told there is nothing else they can do to fix it. If you try to cook frozen pizza it will burn if it's not rotated. Iam sorry to say its been like this since it was purchased.

• Vi
    Viktoria2f2 Oct 22, 2018

The Whirlpool Washer Model WTW5000DW does not fill up the water on “Heavy duty” & “Bulky items” regime as it shown on the instructions. As a result the cloths are not cleaned, since only half cloths are covered by the water. The company representative informed me that its part of the design. The company has zero return policy.

• Ev
    EVELYN SAMS0N Oct 22, 2018

Hi @ Complaints Board Good morning. My Ceramic glass cook-top model no 8594410901000 serial no 141643001535 is not able to boil cold water. I've bought it in Munich on January 2017. I called customer services and a technician visited at home on Jun 21st. 2017 and advised me to buy another pot. My client n. is 5750523.
    Sincerely
    Leszek Zmitrowicz

• Cy
    Cynthia Chambers Rodriguez Oct 22, 2018

Can not find model number or serial number anywhere. Bought last year and burners nor oven will come on. Clock comes on but if I turn on burner programmer comes up but I can't find book to program. Once the programmer comes on it just goes completely off.

• Ra
    Ramisetty Mohan Oct 27, 2018

Sir one time say coil is goan 800charge
    Second time say moter is goan
    Charge
    Two times repier its not working
    Custemer care talk tirupati
    Serivse not good

• Ga
    Gaurav Dhawan Nov 01, 2018

We have purchased gas cooker of whirlpool and also purchased extended warranty. There have been some issues with cooker and the dealer and company from where we purchased are not registering or attending the complaint. Despite several contacts they are not attending us. Please advse

• Th
    Thomas Giles Nov 04, 2018

The freezer door leaks water and has ruined our hardwood floor. We had it "repaired " they came to the house and replace a "warmer" I think in the panel in the back of the freezer and now it is leaking again.
    We purchased this refrigerator above 5-6 years ago from Menards and should not have this issue continue.

• Um
    Umessy Nov 11, 2018

I love Whirlpool but... Recently my Whirlpool dishwasher heat ring burned a hole through the bottom of my dishwasher about the size of a dime. due to the hole water leakef into my basement under my hardwood floors and under my French doors

Sarah Faulkner Nov 11, 2018

Your dyer I purchased barely a year ago. It started ripping my clothes. I had a repair person come out and Paid them to replace the drum which he said had dropped. Well one month later and it has started ripping my clothes again!

• Ne
    Nellyvl Nov 13, 2018

Totally disgusted with a new stove I've bought it arrived damaged . They would send out a technician to fix it. I didn't buy a damaged stove, I paid for a new one. Do not buy whirlpool appliances. Thankyou for listening.

• Sn
    Snehlata Sahu Jul 20, 2019

Whirlpool proton triple door cracking issue yet not resolved even after complaining twice

• Te
    teepee59 Jul 21, 2019

I really cant understand this. I bought my house new from the builder, a year afterward the light goes out in the refrigerator! I didn't realize it didn't take a standard frig light bulb. So I went online and found that it costs 89$ for one specialty bulb! This is too much money just for a light. Whirlpool needs to do better.

• Ka
    Karen M. Davis Aug 28, 2019

First one didn't work despite two service calls. The second one, the replacement, doesn't work either and Whirlpool refuses to return my money. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

• Sw
    Swastika Krishna Oct 08, 2019

I am so annoyed with my washer. It isn't working properly. My clothes come out dirty and no one will come look at it. It has warranty and i still have to pay. I will not. And want it fixed this issue has been on going for a while. I know the drum isn't even in place. It keeps making so much noise as well

• Da
    dallan boothe Oct 14, 2019

The 4 Plastic Knobs that control each burner have all broken and i have been unable to find replacement metal knobs or if they are even available, Whirlpool did replace 1 knob last year but now the unit is out of warranty where can i find a parts breakdown for this?

mags 1970 Nov 07, 2019

We bought this refreigerator in the spring 2019, it is very noise, runs all the time. Ice cube maker is very noise.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices