Whirlpool CorporationSplit Air Conditioner

Hi, I have purchased a whirlpool spit air conditioner from Delhi for installation at my residence at Port Blair. Before the purchase, I ensured from the dealer that there was a authorized service centre of Whirlpool at Port Blair which was confirmed as affirmative. On reaching Port Blair, I contacted the service centre by the name of Abacus. A mechanic came and installed the Air conditioner. Within a few days I found that the cooling had reduced to almost NIL and contacted the service centre. After dilly dallying and not sending anyone to attend to the complaint, I personally visited the centre and asked for the repair to be done under warranty. I was told that I would have to pay for the gas. When I inquired as to why it was not being done under warranty, I was shocked to be told that the air conditioner was not installed by them. On further inquiry from Mr. Nadan (proprietor) I was told that he has no control over service mechanics if they decide to install equipment in their private capacity. As a result, the mechanic who installed my air conditioner, did not show in the companies records. The entry of my request was recorded in their register but wwas crossed out as cancelled. On enquiry, I was informed, much to my shock, that I would've cancelled the request. I have records of all calls made to the service centre and also a photograph of the page of the register where my request for installation was written and then cancelled.

I request urgent audit and intervention to resolve this issue. I also have evidence of 3 more air conditioners that have been installed by bypassing company records.

I sent this complaint to Mr. Anoop P Sreedharan
with cc to Ankur Dubey'
on Jul 29, 2019, 1:28 PM.

After the initial acknowledgement, no further response could be elicited from them. Kindly resolve the issue at the earliest and I strongly recommend ceasing any dealings with the firm as he is indulging in wrong business practice which would only harm the goodwill that your brand enjoys in the market.

Regards

Gp Capt Christopher Paul
Port Blair

• Updated by chrispaul, Aug 19, 2019

Sorry, an additional input, the state(UT) of Andaman and Nicobar does not show up in the drop down menu whn selecting state. Kindly update the same.
    Regards

Ch
Aug 19, 2019

Comments

Aug 19, 2019

Hey Gp Capt Christopher Paul, we value your time and would like to look into the concerns with your Air Conditioner. Please reach out to us directly at [protected], via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter @WhirlpoolCare. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.