Whirlpool Corporation / rebate

United States Review updated:

I bought 6 KitchenAid appliances on 11/12/18, mailed in a rebate form on 11/20/18 for $800 rebate on 6 appliances, mailed in serial #s on 3/28/19 when I had the appliances installed. I received a postcard today 4/15/19 that said I do not qualify for the rebate as"receipt did no include sufficient quantity of appliances". I called the phone # given and was told I had to submit the serial #s online or call them in to receive the rebate. I spoke with a customer service rep and then the supervisor of rebates (Rene) who told me there is nothing to be done as I should have called or done online. There are 2 places on the form that tell me mail submission is acceptable. There is 1 place that tells me to use online or call only. It is not right that mailing the info in as instructed in 2 different places disqualifies my rebate. Please help. I can send you all the paper work I submitted-receipt, rebate form and post card. the post card has an ID # of [protected] [protected])-MTCH-[protected].

• Whirlpool Corporation Customer Care's Response, Apr 15, 2019

Dear mowild1, we’re sorry to hear your rebate was denied. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you further assistance with your rebate. Our customer service does not administer or process rebates. You would need to contact 800-942-7856 for further assistance.

Mo
Apr 15, 2019

Comments

• Sh
      15th of Apr, 2019

I may be able to assist. I work abs deal with these rebates regularly.

It sounds as if you're working within the construction part of the rebate. To clarify, rebates require proof of purchase be submitted, which is the sales receipt, but then require the individual serial numbers, which are only available when you receive the actual appliances.

The easiest way to resolve the problem is to contact the retailer you purchased the products from directly. You'll find it an advantage to take everything you have directly to their store and even try to contact the employee who sold you the appliances. If the original employee isn't available, however, the store itself should have a customer service department that should be able to make a few calls on your behalf. Problem solved.