Menu

reviews & complaints

Whirlpool Complaints Summary

566 Resolved
673 Unresolved
Our verdict: Dealing with Whirlpool, which has an average resolution rate, requires some diligence. Research their service in depth and read a variety of customer reviews for a balanced view. Approach any customer service interactions with detailed and well-prepared queries to facilitate a better resolution process.
File a complaint
Claimed
Whirlpool has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Whirlpool. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Whirlpool complaints 1239

Sort by:

Newest Whirlpool reviews & complaints

8:54 am EST

Whirlpool customer service

On 4 seperate occations, I attempted to make an appointment. First 2 times, they went to my previous address, and I had provided them the right address from the start. Third time, technician does not show up. Four time, received a call stating that the technician does not have the proper tools. Extremely fustrating and the problem is still ongoing.

Nov 09, 2017 9:36 am EST

It Anna.

Are you sure this is Whirlpool? Manufacturers don't generally come out on service calls. They authorize local service technicians to do so. It would be good to know what the service center is that Whirlpool has set up to assist you. It would also make it much easier for you to communicate to them.

R
11:51 am EST

Whirlpool microwave

My microwave was working ok it gives me problem something with closing the door.
Almost 4 times tech came to fix it and they still can't get it right.
So today 2 of them came and make it worse the light not coming off, it's making a loud noise, so when I ask them when it's going to get fix they said maybe it 2 weeks then I ask them how am I going to warm up milk at 4 am for my baby, one of the guy said to me give her water to drink then he walk out my apartment leaving me with mo microwave
I am very disappointed with this service and I need someone to call me at [protected]

Nov 07, 2017 11:56 am EST

Hi Reshma.

Many people warm milk up on the stove. If that's not acceptable, you might consider purchasing a secondary small microwave. You can find them for around $50 and should do the job nicely.

L
9:55 pm EST

Whirlpool gas range.

On 10-28-17 My carbon monoxide alarm went off. Fire truck found Oven faulty. Has been disconnected by fire department. I have been calling ever since. I am not getting right response. Every time I call is new person new runaround. Has not taken sincere care for seriousness of my health. I am without gas for ever since. They never called back but when I call they said different number of waiting. First time I was 3rd, then become 10th. Instead of decreasing they are increasing. Lady at Lowes in service department was rude. No courtesy. Connected safety and ever since talking almost every day. Never got right response.

Nov 06, 2017 11:14 pm EST

I'm not sure what you might refer to as 'right response.' When, exactly, was the range purchased? Is it under any form of manufacturer's or extended warranty?

5:16 pm EST
Whirlpool has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whirlpool whirlpool - 3.5 cu. ft. 9-cycle top-loading washer - white model: wtw4800bqsku: 1537167

I purchased the above washer as my Maytag washer motor went out after 13 years of consistent quality service. My appliance repair company highly suggested Whirlpool as a 2nd best choice in durability and quality. The Whirlpool washer has now ruined 8 pairs of dress slacks and numerous pants even though I have washed them on the "delicate" cycle - there are white threads/elastic that have appeared from all seams of my slacks/pants and the same white threads/elastic appear on the belt loops and pockets - apparently every seam. There is absolutely NO excuse for this on a delicate cycle (and permanent press dryer cycle in my Maytag dryer) and, quite frankly, I want a full refund or upgraded replacement. I have contacted my attorney for consultation and would appreciate a reply from you within 48 hours. Thank you

View 0 more photos

Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm EST

Hi Ms. Petersen.

When and with what retailer did you make this purchase through?

V
1:16 pm EST

Whirlpool washer

We bought whirlpool duet washer 2 yrs ago. However 6months after purchase washer started to give problems. There is error in washer all the time. We called customer Care and they sent technician multiple times, but the error keeps coming up every months and washer stops working. A lot of times clothes get stuck for few days and it even ruined few clothes. The frustrating part is that, we purchased extended warranty for the washer because of all the problems and even then this washer is not fixed. After spending around $700 for washer and another $80 for extra warranty, we only expect a functional washer. At this point, we just want either washer to be fixed ASAP to get money refund.

Nov 06, 2017 1:37 pm EST

Hi Vinii,

Where did you purchase the washer and by whom was the extended warranty through?

5:49 am EDT

Whirlpool whirlpool washer

We just had another whirlpool washer explode in MN, and mine has the same issues. When on the spin cycle it makes a noise like a jet plane taking off. New it was your top of the line model and started doing this just two years later and has been doing it now for 3 years. There should be a recall or a free fix because I was told it was 450 to fix when this first started from the dealer I bought it from. Its nice to see when a company will stand behind there well built products instead of trying to cover issues up. Doing this only exposes the company to bad publicity and lawsuits from damage or even death. I would like to get the washer fixed before it explodes on us and this has been an issue that Whirlpool should have to relegate.

Nov 03, 2017 5:27 am EDT

Hi Curtis. I'm pretty heavily involved within the industry and can tell you this isn't a common problem. Whereas you've contacted the dealer you purchased the unit through, I'd assume they've checked for an extended warranty purchase with the unit. I wouldn't recommend putting the $450 out on getting the unit serviced. I'd just look at replacing it. Some people a really particular about having a matching washer and dryer set; not that I'd blame them. If this is the case, I wouldn't worry about purchasing another Whirlpool, but I'd also not hesitate to shop based upon extended service agreements that are offered at different retailers.

B
6:35 pm EDT
Whirlpool has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whirlpool whirlpool gold electric range

Model YGFE471LVS 0
Today my house almost burnt down. To be clear the stove had not been used for over 24 hrs. This morning my boyfriend left for work and forgot his lunch sitting on the stove top. I had been in the basement doing laundry when our smoke detector went off and I found 2 feet of flames covering the stove. I was able to extinguish without extensive damage to surrounding structures. The control knobs are melted in the "off" position. Some research online shows me that other brands have had some problems with wifi and cell signals causing problems with newer stoves. Is this the case here? I'm very lucky things were not worse but we now have the hassle of dealing with insurance and Reno's. Please advise as I don't see us replacing our appliances with more whirlpool at this point if it's going to put us and our family at risk. Hoping for a response before I warn of others of this potential hazard

View 0 more photos

Oct 31, 2017 7:04 pm EDT

The circuitry has nothing to do with Wi-Fi signals, so that definitely isn't the issue. You could have an inspector review the fire, but whereas you've been involved with the scene, is be surprised if anything could be determined for sure.

The model you've listed is older. It's reasonably designed and I wouldn't hesitate owning one. If you preferred staying with a cosmetically similar look, you should be able to replace it with a Whirlpool and be perfectly fine.

6:34 am EDT

Whirlpool wgi925c0bs induction electric range ovens will not work correctly

Random times when using induction cooktop, both ovens become inoperative. When trying to use the ovens feature not available is displayed. Our service dealer has tried everything suggested by Whirlpool with no resolution. This is unacceptable for a $2000 stove. This problem started while stove was under warranty. This product is defective and needs to be fixed or replaced free of charge.

Oct 31, 2017 6:52 am EDT

Hi Scott. I think I may be of some help.

Warranty coverage is either provided as a manufacturer warranty or extended warranty service which is in addition to the manufacturer's coverage. This additional coverage may have been offered along with the original purchase.

At the time of service, warranty coverage is generally also provided for the 'repair.' This warranty is commonly offered by the service center providing the work and varies in length.

If service on the range has be accomplished recently, I'd contact the service provider as they may offer some sort of protection. If this isn't the case, contact the merchant you purchased the range through to see if extended coverage could help you in any way.

Hopefully this provides a road map to getting the service provided you're inquiring about. Let us know if further problem persist.

E
12:02 pm EDT

Whirlpool whirlpool washer

I purchased the washer brand new from lowes in February of this year. It stop washing, I call customer service they sent 2 different repair men . It's been 3 months now and neither of the repair men returned. I'm fed up at this point. I need my washer fixed asap or just give me my money back. As much money I've put into washing clothes these last 3 months I could have bought another one.

11:23 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Whirlpool mishandling of pcb board by service centre

From; Syed Sultan Mohiyuddin
# 47, 2nd Floor, 7th Main,
Palace Guttahalli
Bangalore-560 003

Dear Sir.

I would like to inform you as follows.

On my complaint, a technician (Name: Azhar) from a local service centre was deputed to my residence on 21/10/2017 for the problem of non retention of water after loading. The technician wanted to have a spanner for fixing the problem, as he had come without his regular tools kit. After a gap of few minutes i went back with spanner and surprisingly noticed that the PCB board of the washing machine was removed without my permission, as absolutely there was no problem with PCB. However after arguments the technician took away the PCB for replacement of IC which normally costs Rs.350/ however he was charging about Rs.1800/, for which i compromised for it in view of urgency.

After few minutes the technician called back and informed that, while attending repairs the PCB is damaged due to short circuit. I instructed him to return back my original PCB, but surprisingly the returned damaged PCB was different from that of my washing machine as it was marked with my codeword. I paid him Rs.500/ on demand towards conveyance charges. As regards to location of service centre the technician informed me the location is in J.P nagar 5th phase in Bangalore South, but as per the executive who recive the complaint, it is located in Kalyan nagar near Banaswadi in Bangalore north. Also it is learnt from the technician that a head technician of service centre has his own service unit, hence these types of irregularities are common. It is a condemnable act by tha service centre.

In view of the above facts, I would like to request the board to initiate action against the service centre.In case you failed to take action, I am free to take further legal and other course of actions including damages of
Rs. 20, 000 -/- please note.

The model if washing machine is F 65 top loading.

The contact number of service centre being [protected] ( The locality can be located by calling on this number).

(Syed Sultan Mohiyuddin)

Contact : [protected].

K
10:59 am EDT

Whirlpool dishwasher - gold series

My dishwasher is only two years old and is broken to the point that it needs to be replaced. The Whirlpool repair person indicated that water has been leaking on to the motor. As a customer, you don't see the water leaking internally and two years later the motor has seized. They want $450 to replace the part which is only a few dollars less than a new unit.

Oct 22, 2017 11:33 pm EDT

I'm in the appliance industry and really like the Whirlpool Gold line of product; you've likely got a 700 plus series. It might be worth reaching out to the retailer you purchased the dishwasher through. Although most manufacturers only provide a one year, limited warranty with their product, many retailers offer extended service programs which will cover the cost or replacement of the entire unit.

B
1:21 pm EDT

Whirlpool front load washing machine

Bought this machine and used for about 2 years before it started to work sporatically. I contacted Lowes and they refused to offer any support services although I gave them the error code.

I finally hired Sears to repair unit. Repairman stated that the part is no longer available. Whirlpool states they do not make part anymore. However offered me a discount to buy another unit. This is scandalous at worst and fraudulent at best. How can you not offer parts for your machine that are recent purchases. I would surmise that this is something that was in the making prior to be purchasing the unit. I should have been warned that Whirlpool would not support it's products but instead would try to get me to pay more money and buy another poorly built product from Whirlpool.

Whirlpool should be investigated for gouging customers in this situation. I will make it a point to educate everyone on my experience. With the hopes that you will not be able to treat other unsuspecting customers.

7:41 pm EDT

Whirlpool whirlpool refrigerator

We purchased a whirlpool refrigerator last November (2016) that retails for $3, 500. The refrigerator hasn't worked properly sine August 2017 and currently does not work at all. We have had at least 10 service calls and have had multiple parts, none of which have repaired the refrigerator. Last week another part was replaced and now neither the freezer or refrigerator chill. Tech came out again this week and filed report that it could not be fixed. Whirlpool is requiring another opinion (tech was there vendor) and can't get anyone out until next week. We have had to take numerous days off work and had to throw out a significant amount of food. It is disturbing that whirlpool does not stand behind there product, which is still under warranty.

D
7:00 pm EDT

Whirlpool gas stove model wfg320mobso /ve649422574

Called about gas smell. After numerous transfers & much runaround with no concern about my family's saftey it was suggested after much bs I call gas company due to no one would be out until Tues-5 days later. Dominion gas arrived within the hour and confirmed the appliance was causing a carbon monoxide leak due to a malfunction. The call back to saftey Dept stated they needed to send someone out to confirm the dangerous leak. This response to such a saftey issue is beyond unacceptable. The levels reported by gas company were way above acceptable.

Maytag admin
Oct 13, 2017 8:38 am EDT

Diana Basinger
Thank you for your review.

We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please respond back to this email address, Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the Range. We will follow up with you directly.

We look forward to your reply.

Maytag® Social Media Relations

1:37 pm EDT
Whirlpool has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whirlpool 30 in wall mount canopy range hood..

We ordered a whirlpool 30 inch wall mount canopy range hood vent from home depot and had it delivered since they don't carry them in the store.
It is missing the hardware and screws .. I called whirlpool and was told that they would send them to me ... after a week I found out they can't send them because they should have come with the unit. Which they obviously didn't... now its to late to return it to home depot... whirlpool service department told me its my problem ...home depot said its past the 15 day return policy and its between me and whirlpool... I will never buy another whirlpool appliance again... also won't be buying appliance from home depot ...

7:17 am EDT

Whirlpool refrigerator model wrs325

We bought the refrigerator 11 months ago and have had 3 service calls to address vibrating noise. The service techs have bent coils and inserted foam padding in their attempts to address the problem. With the 1-year warranty period ending this month, we sent Whirlpool a request for an extension at no cost. Needless to say, we did not receive a reply. Instead, we received a letter offering extended warranty plans from AIG WarrantyGard.
We have other Whirlpool products and have been satisfied with their quality, but this refrigerator was obviously poorly assembled.

Read full review of Whirlpool and 2 comments

2 comments
N
N
NeverBuySamsung
Nov 09, 2017 11:00 am EST

We just purchased a Whirlpool Rerig. and Bosch dishwasher from Lowes because our 2yr old JUNK Samsung Refrig. Garbage never buy Samsung again, bitter? Darn Right! Lowes offered us a nice 5yr ext. warr. with a 'No Lemon' clause, if they have to send out a tech. 4 times, they replace the Appliance. I have had good luck with them and they are local, so we will see. Cost for Warranty was about $220 for both.

Oct 03, 2017 8:55 pm EDT

On any large purchase, an extended service plan is a good consideration. Generally I wouldn't consider it though a 3rd party however. I'd make the purchase with the warranty plan in mind.

Author of the review
mRo33
Oct 25, 2017 8:34 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of Shaun R.

To follow up on the 10/3 complaint, and the 10/4 response from "Whirlpool Social Media Relations", I emailed the requested information but never heard back from Whirlpool Customer Service. A previous email from 9/19 was also ignored by Whirlpool.

F
1:09 pm EDT

Whirlpool refrigerate/customer service

I have only had my fridge for 6 months and have had nothing but problems. I have a bottom freezer fridge and it has been leaking. I have had 3 service companies out and still have the same problem. Not to mention all the calls to whirlpool. I will NEVER buy another whirlpool product again. I have left whirlpool 3 message for a guy Tim that gave me his contact information so I wouldn't have to call general number big surprise I haven't received a call back. I want my fridge replaced or money back this is acceptable.

Sep 27, 2017 8:40 pm EDT

It's good that Whirlpool is reaching out to help. Have you contacted the retailer you purchased the unit through?

W
10:37 pm EDT
Whirlpool has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whirlpool whirlpool fridge broken again

I bought a house with all new appliances, including Whirlpool fridge model WRS571CIDM01. Fridge purchased in May, closed on August 14, and it had not been used in that time. It was empty and working in July, but on August 15 it was not cooling at all. First appointment diagnosed broken evaporator, and on August 31 it was replaced. Over two weeks without a working fridge, and I had to take off of work twice for techs to visit. On September 22, I pulled meat out of the fridge and noticed it was warm and starting to rot. Sure enough, fridge was not cooling AGAIN. Threw out $70 of food, but couldn't reach Whirlpool because they don't have contact between 8pm Friday and 8am Monday. Called today and was on hold for 45 minutes, was transferred from one rep to another. Second rep couldn't have cared less, and says nothing can be done but scheduling a service call. I have to take off of work AGAIN and the service call is in a week. So in six weeks, I have had a broken fridge for longer than a functioning one, and will miss over 6 hours of work. Of course Whirlpool will not replace, or compensate for lost food, or schedule a weekend service call, or compensate for lost wages from missing work. This fridge has been the bane of my existence and Whirlpool has completely blown me off.

Read full review of Whirlpool and 3 comments

3 comments
armida61
Oct 16, 2017 5:48 pm EDT

I bought a Whirlpool frig at Lowes in Pico Rivera after I bought it I was told that it was on back order, I bought it on 7 July 17 and was first told I would get it in October, then someone from Lowes called to say they had found one in their warehouse and were going to deliver it earlier. I have not had this frig for 2 months it has never worked properly. This ice maker was slow and the frig and freezer were never cold enough, one day the ice maker stopped making ice, a week later I noticed my food was spoiling. Customer service is a joke, they don't really care the inconvenience that the customer is going through they just keep telling you that all they can do is set up an appointment for a tech to come out. I have called many times trying to get someone to come out sooner to fix my frig but no one cares. I am made to wait, I had an appointment for October 17th been waiting for 9 days and now today October 16th I received a call from the Service Company to tell me that parts will be shipped to my address and that I should call them when the parts arrive and to schedule an appointment. No one knows when these parts are going to arrive I'm just to wait and see when the parts will arrive. I called customer service again for the 10th time and I was told that they weren't sure when the parts were going to arrive and I should wait until Thursday, October 19th and call them back if I had not heard anything by then. What? really and mean while I have no working regrigerator. I asked that this frig is new and already all these problems and I asked that it be replaced becuase I felt it was a lemon and their anser was "mam we repair the problems we do not replace the frigerators. I am so disgusted with Whilpool and with Lowes for selling me this piece of JUNK!

armida61
Oct 16, 2017 5:32 pm EDT

Whirlpool customer service is a joke!

Oct 05, 2017 12:10 am EDT

Whirlpool generally does a good job with service related issues. With that said, however, have you spoken to the retailer you purchased the appliances through? They can sometimes be of great help.

8:36 am EDT

Whirlpool bad customer support

Hi,
I bought one whirlpool refrigerator at onam time, they are offered gift, it 'll be delivered with the refrigerator, but we didn't got that, so 2 times contacted lulu customer care, they r promised it 'll available in next week, they don't have stock, bad service, they 'll get good sales in future, if they are provide good service after purchasing, but they r providing bad service... so try to keep promise with customers, finally got gift and they r asking GST for that gift

Read full review of Whirlpool and 2 comments

2 comments
T
T
Team PVR
Oct 16, 2018 4:05 am EDT

Dear jineesh,

We request you to share your contact number and email ID on feedback@pvrcinemas.com for further assistance.

Regards,
Team PVR

jineesh
, IN
Oct 12, 2018 11:07 pm EDT

Unfortunately i lost my Reliance JioFi dongle in LULU MALL. Yesterday i was watching in Odi 3rd a movie called U Turn. The device was in my pocket. In the device there is a sim also, which is registered in my name. I could realise my loss only after i reached back home in Aluva. besides Odi 3rd i also visited the hotel just close by PVR Cinemas. Please help me to get it back...

V
7:04 pm EDT
Whirlpool has left an official reply on this complaint.

Whirlpool cleaning problems with my dishwasher

I have a Prowash W10751716A tall tub with a 3rd rack. My dishwasher is not cleaning dishes properly, particularly in the top rack and 3rd rack. It doesn't seem to matter what cycle I use, whether I use a rinse agent or not, or how few dishes I load. I've followed the manual in terms of how to load the dishwasher. I've tried everything since I got it 4 months ago. The issue have persisted. At this point, I'm not sure I want the dishwasher any more a t all. I paid a lot of money for what is supposed to be a superior model. But it cleans worse than the 20 year old Kenmore I used to have.

Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm EDT

Contact the retailer and see if they will work with you on reselecting into a different brand / model, even if it involves restocking fees.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Whirlpool contacts