Having problems with Whirlpool?

Whirlpool reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review Washer, Model MHW6630HC was posted on Oct 20, 2021. The latest complaint WTW5000DW3 was resolved on Jul 14, 2021. Whirlpool has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 978 reviews. Whirlpool has resolved 565 complaints.

Whirlpool Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 698 2538 (United States)
+1 269 923 5000 (Head Office)
+39 283 7151 (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
+55 113 566 1000 (Latin America)
2000 N. M-63
Benton Harbor, Michigan
North America
600 West Main St., Benton Harbor, MI, 49022-2692

Europe, Middle East And Africa (EMEA)
Via Carlo Pisacane, 1, 20016 Pero (MI), Italy

Asia
Building 8, № 1888, Xinjinqiao Road, Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, Pudong, Shanghai 201206, P.R.C.

Latin America
Av. das Nações Unidas, 12.995, 32° andar, CEP 04578-000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Whirlpool Customer Service. Initial Whirlpool complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Whirlpool above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Whirlpool. Discuss the issues you have had with Whirlpool and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Whirlpool Complaints & Reviews, Page 19

Whirlpool Corporationwashing machine

To the head of customer service at Whirlpool:

I am writing to express my great disappointment at the performance of your model #WFW915YW. I purchased it 5 years ago, along with its twin dryer, and it has been used once a week, most weeks, for one set of bed linens and towels and workout clothes. In spite of this very light usage, the electronics in it have failed, requiring me to replace it, as the cost either way is in excess of $700.

I believed that the Whirlpool brand stood for reliability and quality, and am most disappointed to learn it no longer does.

As the former CEO of a publicly traded company, I know I would have been distressed to learn of this kind of product failure.

Sincerely,
Christie Hefner
[protected]@christieh.com / [protected]@christieh.com

• Whirlpool's response · Apr 09, 2018

Dear Christie:

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. If you are still in need of assistance, please respond back to this email address, [email protected], with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, date of purchase on the appliance, along with a brief description of the issue at hand.

We look forward to your reply.

Whirlpool® Social Media Relation

• Whirlpool's response · Apr 09, 2018

Hello, we apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (complaintsboard.com), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further.

Whirlpool Canada — washer/ dryer

Hi, My client# 6794. I washer dryer in my condo which was under warranty and the faulty water pump spilled...

Mississauga

Whirlpool — ingus dryer

We had bought a brand new dryer from the brick... the motor blew in the first 20 minutes, Well thing...

Whirlpool Corporation — electric washer and dryer set

Approximately 5 years ago I bought a new Whirlpool washer and dryer set after less than 2 years the washer...

Leakey

Whirlpool Corporation — whirlpool stove/oven

i bought a stove from lowes three weeks ago and the control panel is bad so I have called lowes and whirlpool...

Whirlpool Corporation — dishwasher model wdt970sahv0

The SECOND dishwasher, model # WDT970SAHV0, has failed since shortly before Thanksgiving 2017. The first one...

Whirlpool Corporationdishwasher wdt750sahz

I bought a whirlpool dishwasher (WDT750SAHZ) 3 months ago and have had a service tech visit 3x. The first time was for a faulty float mechanism. The dishwasher worked for a couple of months, but now has had the controller replaced. Today, the technician told me the motor is bad and needs replaced. I've been without a dishwasher for several weeks now and each time the service tech returns, I have to take time off of work. I obviously bought a lemon, and Whirlpool needs to replace this lemon with a new dishwasher that works.

• Updated by Maytag admin · Mar 30, 2018

Hi lrummel, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [email protected], with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from complaintsboard into the email as well.

• Updated by lrummel · Apr 14, 2018

My dishwasher is still broken, and I wanted to provide an update. Because I purchased the dishwasher at Lowes’, I decided to contact Lowes’ customer care, as Whirlpool has offered no further assistance to me. Although not much of a consumer advocate, the Lowes’ rep did explain the WP service policy to me. WP will only replace my dishwasher, if I have 3 service calls for defects within the warranty period. It does not matter how many defective parts are replaced on my lemon dishwasher, but all that matters is number of new service calls logged. Within these first few months of owning the WP dishwasher I have had 4 defective parts replaced – float switch, control panel, motor for TBD reason, and replacement motor for the original bad motor due to a bad diverter on the sump. Since the factory repairman replaced more than 1 defective part on his visits, WP will not even consider giving me a replacement unit. Thus, my only recourse is to continue getting the word out about the poor quality products from Whirlpool. BUYER BEWARE!

3 Responses
      • La
        LARummel Apr 10, 2018

I am furious after my latest interaction with whirlpool customer service. After my first post to the complaint board I was promised a replacement dishwasher if the new motor did not fix my issue. The factory technician just left my house shaking his head because the replacement motor was defective. So I called WP only to get an argument and told I would need to wait for yet another part. How can this be? Obviously WP has major qualities issues and does not care about their customers. They cannot even keep their promises. I plan to tell my experience with WP to as many people as possible. BUYER BEWARE!

General Service Mar 30, 2018

Sure appreciate hearing your concerns and would like to assist.

Where did you purchase the unit from?

Please note, if this concern has already been addressed to your satisfaction, there is no need to respond to this text.

• Lr
        lrummel Apr 10, 2018

@General Service WP tech returned today to replace the motor. The wait was almost 2 weeks, after shipping delays and a backorder by the distributer. The new motor was defective and the diverter on the sump leaked. I called WP customer service because after my last complaint post, I was told they would replace the unit if this fix did not work. The call left me very angry, as the customer service rep just argued with me. Whirlpool obviously has a serious quality problem. They also do not keep their promises to their customers. I plan to tell my story to as many people as possible. BUYER BEWARE with Whirlpool products. This unit was originally purchased at Lowes. Not sure if they can offer any assistance.

Whirlpool Corporation — freezer

model: aqc0501drw serial: ta63132624 date of purchase: 12/30/2016 purchaser's name: david belford tel...

Toronto

Whirlpool Corporationgas range model # wfg515s0e81 / ser# r73122911

Purchase Date 9/19/2017 We have recently replaced all our kitchen appliances with the Whirlpool Brand. My wife and I are very dissatisfied with the gas range. Having a very difficult time controlling temperature in burners especially at low setting. Grates on range top are very heavy to move for cleaning purposes. Especially for Seniors with arthritis. Grates also seem to scratch bottom of pots and pans very easily. Grates don't seem very level small pots and pans wobble. Cleaning range top more difficult being wide open for all debris to fall into. We regret buying this gas range.

Respond

Whirlpool Corporationrefusal to issue parts authorization reimbursement

My wife and I purchased a Whirlpool 36" Wide French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator with StoreRight (Model # WRF757SDEH; Serial # K55120418) on 1/1/2016 for $2339 from Lowes. An expensive purchase we hoped would perform without problems for many years. The ice maker suddenly stopped working and we scheduled a service call through Whirlpool's website as this was the most convenient way to schedule the repair. The Whirlpool contracted repair company (Advantage Appliance Repair - See attached invoices) came out on three separate occasions 3/14/18, 3/19/18, and 3/22/19 to review, diagnose and fix the presenting problem(s).

The initial problem was diagnosed as a bad thermistor which required the entire ice maker to be replaced ($139.94 parts and $169.99 in labor). Unfortunately, that did not resolve the problem. After a second call, it was suggested the Ice Box Fan was also bad and needed to be replaced
        as well ($180.31). Mind you, this is an almost brand new Refrigerator.

At this point, I called Whirlpool Customer Care to notify them of both repairs and of my disappointment that an almost new refrigerator would need to these type of repairs. My family is a loyal Whirlpool customer and in addition to the Whirlpool refrigerator we also have a less than 2 year old Whirlpool dishwater in our kitchen as well. As such, I requested that Customer Care provide a Parts Authorization Reimbursement for both parts replaced (the ice maker and ice box fan). The initial customer care person said they could not assist and transferred me to the supervisor. I then spoke with the supervisor who said because we used the Whirlpool website to set up our repair and did not call Whirlpool directly via the customer care line and subsequently used and payed for the 3rd party repair company (the company that Whirlpool authorized and contract with via their website) that they could not reimburse what was already paid for. However, the supervisor did tell me that if we had called first to the Whirlpool customer care line they could have and likely would have authorized reimbursement for these parts. I explained it should not matter how this was brought to Customer Care's attention as we went through Whirlpool's website to address the issues we were having (i.e., broken ice maker). I asked that if Whirlpool were willing to reimburse for the repairs via a phone call then they should reimburse regardless of how the issue was presented to the Customer Care department. To my great dissatisfaction, the Customer Care Supervisor said this was policy and there was nothing she could do. I asked several more times if Whirlpool could assist and make this right and they refused. I really could not believe there was nothing the supervisor could do and told her I felt this way. I asked one last time if there was anything that Whirlpool could do to make me feel better about this as I was a very dissatisfied customer and this had turned from a bad customer experience into a consumer who likely would not choose Whirlpool for future purchases. This experience was and is extremely disappointing. Especially since Whirlpool would have helped provide reimbursement if I had called in on the Customer Care line.

I disagree with this outcome and believe reimbursement for both the ice maker and ice box fan is in order. I have no problem covering the cost of the labor paid to Advantage Appliance Repair. I hope this message creates an opportunity for improvement for how these type of complaints are addressed and that appropriate resolution is consistent whether the problem is presented via the customer care line or through the company's website.

Thank you. - Jeremy Spencer

• Updated by Jeremy Spencer · Mar 22, 2018

My best,

Jeremy Spencer

2 Responses
            General Service Mar 22, 2018

You responded, "Thank you for your response. I did, in fact, mean 2018 not 2019. To answer your question regarding an extended warranty, no we did not purchase one. Regardless, to have two repairs required totaling $500 on a refrigerator at such a young age seems unreasonable. We purchased a Whirlpool for the quality the brand has been known for. Unfortunately the experience we have just had (two different parts requiring replacement at the same time) makes me believe these parts were faulty to begin with and should not expect to replace at this age of such a high quality appliance. This is why I'm requesting the financial restitution for these replacement parts. Again, I'm happy to pay for the labor. Thanks for your sincere consideration.

My best,

Jeremy Spencer"

Unfortunately, any and all brands have a certain level of failure. Ultimately that is why warranty coverage exists.

You're unlikely to find the parts or labor are covered, but if you'd like to contact Whirlpool directly, call [protected].

Best of luck.

• Sh
            Shaun R. Mar 22, 2018

Hi Jeremy.

Appreciated reading your concerns.

One of the dates you posted was for 2019; I'd assume you meant 2018 as the 2019 date would have not taken place yet.

Whirlpool is known to make one of the finest lines of appliances within the industry. One should understand though that all manufacturers create their products for a certain price. When costs are calculated, statistics are uses in knowing fairly accurately how much money will be used to service warrantied products; therefore it is truthful to state that the length of a product's warranty is directly reflected in the product's final price. In order to offer a product at a reasonable and more competitive price, most appliance manufacturers include a one year, limited warranty with their products. For customers that feel this length of warranty is not long enough, both the manufacturer and retailer generally offer extended warranty coverage to cover unexpected problems.

Ultimately then, it would be helpful to know if you purchased any additional warranty coverage through Lowes, Whirlpool or a different third party source.

Please note, if this issue has already been resolved to your satisfaction, there is no need to respond to this text.

Thank you.

Whirlpool Corporation — double oven/ model# wod51ec0as

I had a house built in 2016 that came with all Whirlpool appliances. A couple months later in November, it...

Whirlpool Corporation — maytag 62 mvwb955fw

I purchase this washer on Feb 5 30 days later on March 5 the top glass lip broke all by itself. I out a...

Whirlpool Corporationwhirlpool refrigerator

My Whirlpool Refrigerator is approximately 6 years old and it has been making noises for 4 years. In the past year, on the exterior of the refrigerator, the paint is chipping away. This refrigerator seems to be more like 26 years old than 6. Does Whirlpool stand behind their product? I bought a matching oven thinking that Whirlpool was a good company.

• Updated by Maytag admin · Mar 20, 2018

Hi mmc, We apologize for the problems you are having with your Refrigerator and would be more then happy to look into them with you directly. We ask that you email us at [email protected] with the model and serial number of the Refrigerator as well as your contact information and include your username as well as brief description of the problem so that we can look into this a little further. We thank you for your review and look forward to reviewing this problem with you.

1 Response
              General Service Mar 19, 2018

Appreciated reading your concerns. I can understand your frustration.

Whirlpool is a great company which, itself, owns multiple other brands. To be cost effective, Whirlpool, like most other companies, provide a one year limited warranty with their products. However both Whirlpool and many of the retailers Whirlpool sells through, offer extended warranty coverage.

When you purchased the product, did you elect to have the unit longer than the first year?

Whirlpool Corporation — dishwasher

I recently bought a WDT750SAHBO new dishwasher. From the very start it did not drain completely. At times it...

Vilonia

Whirlpool Corporationoven

Dear Sir,
            My name is George Magdy from Egypt.
            I bought the Whirlpool oven (model: AKP807/IX) and it stops working in around 10 minutes after turning it on although having enough emty space around.

I called the customer service a lot and they tried to repair many times but they didn't succeed. I can't find a solution here and It's still in the guarantee time.

Please help me to repair or replace with a new one.

oven

• Whirlpool's response · Mar 19, 2018

George,

We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your oven. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Complaintsboard), your user ID name (George Magdy), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to forward your information to your local region.

Whirlpool Corporation — whirlpool wed4916fw-dryer

Our client purchased a Whirlpool Dryer and I have been on the phone, over the past four days trying to get a...

Whirlpool Philippines/Exatech — unit/model: whirlpool washer dryer wwde 7512

*Complete Name: Minerva R. Villaflor *Address: 14 Garcia st. Phase 7 Bahayang Pagasa Subdivision, Imu...

Whirlpool — washing machine - horrible

Horrible Customer Service. I purchased a washing machine in November, 2015 and my repair tech came out in...

Whirlpool — product malfunction for 2 years that started less than 2 months after install

On 2/6/16, I purchased 3 brand new Kitchenaid appliances at Best Buy. I purchased a Dishwasher, Range, and...

Whirlpool — customer service return call

We have been trying to get service to repair a problem with our Kitchenaid refrigerator purchased 2/10/17. We...

Rutherfordton