WesbankSettlement statement incorrect

S Feb 05, 2021

Wesbank Account Number : [protected]
Customer ID No : [protected]
Customer Name : Marni vd Westhuizen

I wanted to sell my Vehicle and got a offer for R170 000, I requested a settlement letter from Wesbank but they were unable to provide it in time so I
did my calculations on the statement which I received from Wesbank on 26/01/2020. According to the statement my outstanding capital balance were R 132 208 I knew that with that in mind I can sell the vehicle and cover my costs to the vehicle of +- R 38 000. 4 Days later I received the Settlement from Wesbank and it was R 143 551 .24. A difference of R 11 343.24.
I settled the amount as I did not want to lose the deal, however I requested Wesbank to give me a detailed breakdown for the difference. The said they won't decrease the settlement because I received a higher offer than the settlement. This is absolutely absurd, the settlement should be corrected it is not that I am asking for a favour. I am asking for a fair settlement to be calculated, they however replied with a copy of my contract, and a statement which included the future interest in the balance. They are avoiding to send met a breakdown for the difference between the statement which I received on 26/01/2021 and the Settlement.
I mailed the request to Andries Venter. Specialised Collections Team Leader
WB MOTOR. and Natania Hargreaves.

Please help me solving this matter as Wesbank is unwilling to give me a full breakdown of their calculation, which seems that they did not do the calculation correctly. This is hard for me during the toughest times, with our economy on a downfall Wesbank still want to Bully it's customers in a heartless way.

Regards