Wells Fargo / 401k services

United States Review updated:

I tried cashing out my 401k an account set up by the company I worked for. I was told it would take 3 to 5 business days. It will be one month when I actually receive my check. I was told a 10 day hold was placed on the account due to an address change. There was no change, just an apartment numbers was added. I recieved conformation through the mail of the address change in 2 days but the account is still on hold. My company has my correct address and I have a HSA with wells Fargo that also has the correct address and apartment number. Now, ten days after requesting payout, I was told the account is still on hold on a Thursday and will not be looked at until Monday. Which means 3 to 5 business days from Monday, 3 to 5 business days in the mail, two days to process check through my bank account etc. This is absolutely ridiculous. Wells Fargo made a mistake when entering my address on my 401k account. No other explanation. Company records are correct. Now I'm paying for this mistake. It is my money and you hold it for a month. I have experienced nothing but problems when dealing with this financial institution. I will never bank or hold any accounts with this company and will promote nonusage with my employees and others outside my business. I asked for this money 2 weeks before I needed it to ensure I could provide for my family. Thanks. Better banking else where.

Ja
May 16, 2019

Comments

• Co
      May 16, 2019

Banks are happy to take your money but are in no hurry to give it back.