Having problems with Wells Fargo?

1800 869 3557 (Customer Service)
+1 800 378 0575 (Portfolio by Wells Fargo)
+1 800 556 0605 (Express Send Service)
+1 800 626 9430 (Foreign Exchange)
+1 855 872 2932 (Military Banking)
+1 800 642 4720 (Credit Cards Account Management)
+1 925 825 7600 (International Collect Calls)
+1 800 932 6736 (Apply by Phone or Online)
+1 800 967 9521 (Application Status for Visa Credit Cards)
+1 877 514 3717 (Application Status for Propel American Express Cards)
+1 877 517 1358 (Redeem Rewards)
+1 800 869 3557 (Debit Cards)
+1 800 357 6675 (Home Mortgage Account Management)
+1 877 937 9357 (Home Buying and Refinancing)
+1 866 936 7272 (Mortgage Military Customer Service)
+1 866 820 9199 (Home Equity Account Management)
+1 800 289 8004 (Auto Loans)
+1 877 700 9345 (Auto Finance)
+1 800 378 5526 (Student Loans)
+1 877 315 7723 (Student Loan Consolidations)
+1 877 269 6056 (Personal Loans and Lines of Credit)
+1 800 946 2626 (Personal Lines of Credit)
+1 800 728 3123 (401(k) Retirement Plans)
+1 800 222 8222 (Individual Investors)
+1 888 877 9275 (Investment Professionals)
+1 866 765 0778 (Institutional Sales Professionals)
+1 866 281 7436 (Current IRA Customers)
+1 866 243 0931 (New Brokerage Customers)
+1 800 872 3377 (WellsTrade Online Brokerage)
+1 877 493 4727 (New IRAs and Rollovers)
+1 800 352 3705 (Trust and Managed Investments)
+1 888 715 0380 (Wells Fargo Private Bank)
+1 800 956 4442 (Wells Fargo Online)
420 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, North Carolina

Complaints & Reviews

Wells Fargo Dealer Servicescustomer service and loan problems

My sister and her husband just financed their first vehicle through Wells Fargo Dealer Services (WFDS) at the beginning of this year. They are fairly new to the whole making loan payments, and don't know how everything works that is why I am writing this, this is their story.
WFDS is stating that they are behind payments on their car, even though they have the payments directly taken out of their bank account each month. The first payment that they made on the car in Feb. was paid with a money order but they forgot to take the receipt stub off the end, and WFDS claims they never received payment even though my sister received a confirmation letter in the mail stating that the payment was received. After that, they set it up to have the payments taken directly out of the account so they didn't have to deal with money orders, and still WFDS is claiming that they are behind 3 payments and that the car is on the repo list. My mother and I talked to my sister and her husband telling them that they need to contact the bank to find out what is going on with their loan. So he called WFDS about the loan just to have the lady scream at him! He then became discouraged about the whole situation and was going to give up. We proceeded to tell them that you can't give up on this because you have done nothing wrong. He then decided to call back later that same day to talk with them again just to get an equally rude lady telling him that there is nothing that he can do, the car is going to be repossessed, and that if he didn't make a $698 payment that day and then another $700 in 2 weeks he will no longer have the car. He tried to explain to them that he doesn't owe all of that money, and has proof from his bank statement that payments to WFDS were being electronically taken out of his account each month. She proceeded to tell him, "Well that is not what we are showing on our books!"
I think that something is seriously going on in this company that needs to be investigated by higher management staff. Either someone is stealing money in this company or the staff isn't doing their job correctly. I have seen multiple complaints about this company on this website, and something needs to be done about it. People are losing their vehicles illegally and nothing is being done about it. Nobody at WFDS wants to deal with their customers! They have horrible customer service and should not have it advertised on their website that they are committed to personal service.

christyantilley Jun 29, 2011

I hate Wells Fargo. Some how they managed to get my phone number and call me stating that I owed them money from shutting down an account. I told them I never had an account there and talked to the higher up management and got it straightened out. Hope they can get this straightened out too.

jackieski Jun 29, 2011

If they have access to a computer they should go online to make there payments that is what I do. You then can print off the receipt for proof of payment. I have a loan thru Wells Fargo and have never had any issues doing it this way.

futbol24 Sep 20, 2011

First and foremost have them pull a running balance of the bank account. Second if it's a money order, money gram, or a western union even a cashier check then it can be located or at least see if cashed. There is also a report named Unable To Locate which is where payments with no account numbers and no names go on. Also when they call customer service have them verify account but ask to speak to a supervisor at the supervisor desk. They have no calls per hour so they have plenty of time to help see where the error is. Also as for an account history. Online you can see up to one year of payments but if you ask for an account history then you see what they see. Also when have your sister to check where payments are being sent. After merger people began sending payments to the wrong company. For example you have what use to be wachovia dealer services now wells Fargo dealer services. You have wells Fargo auto dealer services which is a whole other company. And you have wells Fargo bank. All different division of the wells Fargo brand. Now you said they bank takes out the money... If by bank you mean your sisters bill pay ( even if she banks with wells Fargo ) it takes 3 days to 5 for that payment to be received by wells Fargo dealer services. Also the bank may be sending payment to the other dealer services and it could take up to a month to be sent from place to place. If nothing gets resolved then as for the office of the president. They basically run the place. They will contAct whomever to see that you are happy a within their power-- and those folks are amazing! Also if the account is setup by the dealer to pay them then it's not always accurate that it gets done on time as they tell you... Now dealer - car sales men are some shady people!!!

Wells Fargo Dealer Servicesextremely long wait time for assistance

I have been on hold for over ONE HOUR and Fifeteen minutes waiting to speak with a "customer no-service" person...still holding and getting more angry by the moment...

futbol24 Sep 20, 2011

HELLO!! ITS A DAY AFTER A HOLIDAY!! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?? PEOPLE WAITED UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAY TO CI TO PAY -- BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY HAD ENOUGH MONEY FIRST TO CELEBRATE LABOR DAY!! SO GET OVER IT !!

futbol24 Sep 20, 2011

YOU CAN ALSO MANGE MOST THINGS ON THEIR WEBSITE-- LIKE PAYOFFS AND ACCOUNT HISTORIES AND PAYMENTS ETC!!

Wells Fargo Dealer Servicesauto loan

I financed my first auto loan through Wachovia Dealer Services in August of 2009. Much to my dismay, they were bought out by Wells Fargo sometime shortly after that. My cosigner had to go through a bankruptcy in October of 2010. My car loan was incorrectly added to this bankruptcy, and according to Wells Fargo, the attorney had not filled out the affirmation correctly or timely enough to remove my vehicle loan from the bankruptcy department. They informed me that as long as I kept making payments, everything should be fine.
      In the meantime, my financial aid was cancelled. I called and talked to Wells Fargo and made arrangements with my payments - I told them times were hard, I'd pay them when I could - and in the meantime, please accept partial payments on my loan. I thought everything was fine with them. Well, on June 13th 2011 - I come out to my car (actually, I was getting in my car to go put money in the bank in order to make a payment to Wells Fargo), and my car is not there. I start freaking out, thinking my car has been stolen. No, it was just Wells Fargo - repossessing my car without any notice. No phone call beforehand to let me know their intentions, no notice on the door to tell me what had happened.
      So I call them and they inform me that in the state of Nevada, not only do they not have to give me any warning, they also expect me to pay off the full amount of the loan ($4, 800 - but $5, 167 with all of their BS charges) before I even talk to them about getting my car back. Awesome. Because, as a 20 year old college student with two jobs and cancelled financial aid due to budget cuts in my state, I can totally afford to do that.
      I end up borrowing $5, 000 from assorted family members and friends - on the final day, I wire them the amount (which cost me $26.00 at $12.99 for each transaction - the sum was too high to send via one wire). In the meantime, I call the local repo place - which is the last place I knew of that they took my car. They tell me "Oh. Actually, Wells Fargo picked your car up and ordered it to Sacramento on Monday". Really lovely of them to let me know - it's not like I had been talking to them every day since the 13th. I call Wells Fargo, they tell me that they can't tell me where my car is until the payment has processed; but they will bring the car to "a closer location" - call them on Monday to find out where my car is.
      I call on Monday (today, actually), and they tell me that now that the car is officially mine, they will have nothing to do with it anymore. Never mind that they transported my car across state lines, 150 miles away. Additionally, to pick up my car - it will be $600, plus the $75 to pick up my belongings from the first place they deposited my car at.

I will never bank with these ###ic ###s again. Not only was what they did completely wrong, I believe it's borderline illegal. If anyone has any legal advice to give - I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks for listening.

• He
          helpfulbell Jul 07, 2011

Pay your bills on time--you signed a contract and defaulted. If you had taken the time to read your contract in its entirety you would know that they do not have to accept partial payments, and that at anytime of default (including bk whether you filed it or not) they can demand payment in full. It sucks they transported across state lines but it would have been avoided if you had made the payments...You do not have any legal recourse since you signed a contract.

• I0
          I'm99 Mar 03, 2012

You guys above are ###s. You must be the 1%. Are you aware of the state of our country? Idiots.

Wellsfargo Stupid Bank — stupid employee

Doug Bradel Personal Banker NMLSR ID 442288 Wells Fargo Bank Salem Main Branch 580 State St. Salem OR...

Wells Fargounauthorized transaction

In March I used Hotels.com to make a reservation for a spring break trip for my kids & youth pastors from our church. In the course of a conversation that lasted approximately 30 minutes I ended up telling the Hotels.com rep to cancel the transaction as they did not have sufficient rooms to accommodate the three families traveling together as their website indicated. At the beginning of the conversation they had three rooms available, I gave my information, I was put on an extended hold only to have a rep inform me when she returned that only 1 room was available. I cancelled the entire transaction and hung up. Hotels.com forwarded the transaction to the hotel anyway and I was charged for a no show. There is no confirmation on my part that this "reservation" was ever 100% authorized. This is fraud. Out of my realm that Hotels.com could still forward my information as a legitimate transaction to the hotel without my knowledge or consent. To make matters worse, my bank, Wells Fargo, is in agreement with Hotels.com that this was a legitimate transaction since I gave my debit card number. Whatever. This is no different than calling some vendor on the phone, placing an order only to be told in the same conversation, sorry your item is on backorder, do you still want the item? If you say no, then the transaction is null and void. I cancelled this transaction in front of witnesses, which may or may not seem relevant. I am considering small claims court, but I am not even sure who I should go after, Hotels.com or WellsFargo. Yeah, I know some say that it will be more trouble than its worth. I am just so down with these big businesses stepping on folks and getting away with it!

Wells Fargo Auto Loanrepo with out notice

I bout my 2002 Acura rsx cost 12, 000 plus interest went at about total 16, 000 on august 8, 2007 now not even once they sent me a statement so I have a wells Fargo bank I have been paying 412.00 a month now calculating all that for 3 years total 14, 832 so ya I lost my job they repo my car so I call wells Fargo how I still owe them and they said 2, 800 so that moment I just got my income tax of 5000 so paid it all off and I got my car back . It was just last month they called my mom because she co-sign on my car but then I thought to my self I altready paid it off and they trying so sue my mom not knowing wats going on and today when I went to my garage to check something off my car but my car is no where to find so I called the police department and they said they repo my car... I now don't know what to do I have lot of important papers in my car too including unemployment.

Alexander Handang Jun 23, 2011

No they did not and I went to the bank where I made all the payment at and they have all the record but still they said ...the thing that bothers me is that my car is $12, 000 plus interest it's bout somewhere 16, 000 now when they called and harras my mom that they gonna sue her they said I owe them $17, 000 it's a bull ### scam is it!!! ?

Alexander Handang Jun 23, 2011

well i paid the police wat ever it was police release and i paid the repo to thats besides the 2800 it was she said how much left to paid it off and thats wat she said and i immidiately went to western union and to get my car back now its almost a year now and they didnt let me know not even recieving my tittle now they said i owe over 17, 000 while the original value of the vihicle was 16, 000 with interest

Alexander Handang Jun 24, 2011

ok as of the last time they repo my car i paid over 14, 000 just estimate loan was 16, 000 now to get my car back i ask wells fargo how much i have left on my loan to pay it off she said 2, 800 now that cover down over 16, 000 that should paid the car off already now its been about a year sense all that has been done now with out notice to let me know atlest all of a sudden they towed i mean they repo my car now i am bothered with my work stress out where my car was and i called the wells fargo telling me i owe them "$17, 000" now you tell me whats wrong with thi

Wells Fargo Dealer Serviceswon't refund the money from an automatic payment, after I paid in advance 5 months

I have a car loan with Wells FArgo Dealer Services and I have been paying extra for my down payment and in advance up to 5 months. This month I decided to cancel the automatic payment which was normally registered on the 17th of each month, and that's because we're taking a month long vacation and we need the cash to pay the bills that are coming up while we're gone (I don't get paid while gone). So I called WFDS on the 15th after I sent the request in via faxed and I talked with one of their representatives (I don't remember their name). He told me they will make sure the payment is going to be stopped in time before the 17th, made sure he put a urgency note on that but also said that he can not gurantee that it will nto go through as they need up to 72 hours heads up. Sure enough, not on the 17th, but on the 20th the payment is taken out of my bank account(which in my calculation is definitely over the 72 hours mark). So I call them on the 20th and I asked them why wasn't the automatic payment cancelled and why are the money take out of my account, after I have sent the faxed in (the confirmed they received that very day on the 15th) and I also talked with that representative to make sure the payment won't go thorough. This other guy I was talking with, Eric, apologized and made me write another letter and fax it to them requesting the funds to be transferred back to my bank account the same way they were withdrew and promised me that it wont take more than 24-48 hours for the procedure to take place. Here I am on the 22nd wondering how come the money haven't entered my account so I called them again. This time I spoke with Juliana which is giving me completely different information: the money will be credited back via check on the 27th! This, after I specifically asked the Eric guy which form will the refund be in because I wanted to make sure that it will be transferred electronically, since I will be out of the country on the 27th. It seems that all along I was feeding lies, starting with the first guy which told me that the automatic payment will be stopped in time, to the Eric guy promising me that the refund will be done electronically the same way it came out of the account and in no more than 24 to maximum 48 hours and now to this Juliana which is giving me a total different story! I got so fed up with their lies and lack of professionalism! I asked to talk with the manager, Bmit, and of course I was only transferred to the voice mail, without her giving me a number to call back to, in case it gets disconnected, and now I'm hoping for someone to call me back take care of this mess! I won't be in town to cash the stupid check on the 27th and I need the money this week, not next week! This is MY MONEY that I request back and I request them electronically the same way I have sent them! Why is it so FRUSTRATING and ANNOYING to deal with these people! I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH SUCH A HORRIBLE COMPANY AND LACK OF RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER! BE AWARE WHEN YOU DECIDE TO GET A LOAN OF ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER FROM WELLS FARGO DEALER SERVICES!

• Re
                reefercat Jun 23, 2011

"This month I decided to cancel the automatic payment which was normally registered on the 17th of each month, and that's because we're taking a month long vacation and we need the cash to pay the bills that are coming up while we're gone (I don't get paid while gone). So I called WFDS on the 15th"

You waited until the 15th to do this stop, when your payment is due on the 17th?????????? That's ridiculous. How long have you had this vacay planned, that you didn't think of this prior to the 15th??? Seriously lady, you are the kind of people that is FRUSTRATING! ANNOYING! hORRIBLE!

Wells Fargo — bank originated debit

This bank has serious ethics issues. I would recommend them to NO ONE. I'll never do business with them...

Wells Fargoincompetence

Working with client of Wells Fargo investment firm. Needed a simple form from them to help their client close their mortgage refinance. Instead of helping their client, they stonewalled causing the client to lose their loan. Beware of Sunny Landry in Las Vegas. The entire office is incompetant. Her assistant Jackie is a raging -----!!!

Stay away from these guys..there are too many hard working service oriented companies that want your business!

• Li
                  LindsayDW Dec 03, 2010

I recently went into this Wells Fargo branch to drop off a deposit for the company I work for. While in the bank, one of the tellers asked me why I have no account. I explained to her I had a debt with their company over 2 yrs ago when i was younger and last time I had opened an account they withdrew over $100 from my account without notice leaving me in dire straints financially for weeks. It took me a month to recover, I have a strict budget and savings plan. She told me with my permission she could review my account and find out how much I owe them in order to fix the debt and open a new account to set up direct deposit. So later that day I returned to the bank, and the tellers rushed to tell me the "good news". "You actually have a positive balance in a closed account! All we have to do is open you up a new account and you can withdraw the cash on Friday [I went in on a wednesday]" Keep in mind the whole 'We have to open you an account and then we can get you the money...' So I asked a few times before agreeing to anything that I did not owe them money. I even reitterated the fact that it didn't make sense to me, she ASSURED me there would be no problem, and that I DID NOT owe them money anymore!!! So I agree to let them set up the account, then i planned to withdraw the cash first thing on friday and then close the account again, because wells fargo has ALWAYS completely screwed me (pardon the lack of other word) SO sure enough Thursday I go into the bank and recieve $125 of the $325 they owed me. This morning [Friday] I go to check the balance, I had a horrible feeling it had happened AGAIN, and sure enough, $0 balance, and a withdrawal from Wells Fargo to compensate my OLD account which I owed money on.. HA. Knew it. Worst part is, that was my rent money. With no family to help me out, this is fantastic. Due to the NEGLIGENCE, selfishness, and INCOMPETENCE of the teller who ruined my month, my WELL BEING is now affected. So again, I was told BY a banker, NUMEROUS times, in fact, was ASSURED that I no longer owed Wells Fargo money, when I in fact did! Upon speaking with this teller, she sadly informed me theres nothing they can do. The money is gone. When I asked "So I am screwed?" Her reply was puppy dog eyes and no response... until I said "right?" and she replied yes.
                  Who else should I trust to know where my account stands other than a banker??? And if they don't even have the ability to catch that I owe them money, something is very wrong. How could you possibly trust a BANK who can't tell if you OWE them MONEY! And why didn't she just give me the cash which they SHOULD HAVE DONE in the FIRST place, OH because she was too focused on her agenda of the commision for openeing a new account. Total B.S. Well, they know I work at a Law Firm, so they are in a for a nice little battle. If you want to be able to SLEEP at night with YOUR money in a bank, DO NOT use wells fargo. They obviousely are not competent to handle something so delicate.

Wells Fargo Bankwells fargo is a disgrace

My wife and I decided to change our checking account from Wells Fargo. with no money in the account Wells Fargo continued to pay accounts such as LA Fitness and debit our account for NSF and contining NSF fees. After deducting over $300 in their fees and $200 dollars in payments from an account with zero funds available; they unilaterally decided to take the funds from our 27 year old son's account. He hasn't lived at home in years, works for himself and has his own finanacial obligations. They have a legal right to do this. It's remarkable. I don't care if the name is Clinton, Bush or Obama - the real ones running this country is money people. They are unethical, immoral and corrupt. Our politicians are nothing else but spokepersons for them. Wells Fargo is a disgrace.

Wells Fargo Financialhome loan

I was negotiating with WF Financial for close to 2 years, I paid the negotiated temporary payments well before due, I have pages of documented log entries of contacts with WF representatives for requests for new financials and updates and kept checking back and was told your loan is being reviewed and later, Loss Mitigation informed us that the Foreclosure department sold our home at an auction, I found out about the sale after the auction, I was not informed at any time they were auctioning the house I was living in and at no time was given any information they were auctioning the house or even any notice of their intent, as a matter fact I thought the negotiations were successful and the loan modification was done, since they had approved my second mortgage for modification! This should not be happening since I was negotiating in good faith with WF and having paid all payments they had asked for and every piece of information and financial documents WF requested for was sent to them, they kept asking for duplicates and paychecks and paystubs over and over again, I filled out all requested financial documents. But apparently this was on a tactic and their aim was never to honor their agreements.

The executive office representative or "specialist" told us they will check but never informed me of their findings, kept telling me they will get back to us next business day. Wellsfargo stole my home and sold it to another company who will flip it and make money on it; I lost my house that I owned for almost 9 years and worked very hard to keep it up and remodeled it with care. I know I am not the only one who has lost a home because of WF they seem to be doing this to others, I am hoping to spread the word so others don't fall for WF scams, so we'll see how that goes, but we are afraid for the next family that is told "don't worry your application is bring reviews" and ends up like me.

Wells Fargo Bankyour practices are a disgrace to those of us who sincerely are trying to stay afloat in these times of financial hardship

I am pasting the letter that I am sending to the corporate office-office of the president: dear wells fargo bank, subject: overdraft fees and charges I just want to say that after 19 years of banking with you, first as a primerit bank customer then wells fargo bank, I never thought I would be leaving. I realize I am not leaving you under good terms, as for the past year we have experienced tremendous financial hardship and have managed as best as we could. Due to another bank's predatory lending practice our finances turned around very quickly. That case is in the hands of our attorney, (Info included) your bank is the straw that broke our backs. Because of your practice of $35.00 for each returned check and then a $5.00 daily overdraft charge, we are losing our automobile and our automobile insurance. Every time I turn around there is another overdraft, another returned check and on and on until I am nauseous. I have finally had it. I routinely, in the last several months, paid your fee for a direct deposit advance so I could attempt to maintain a positive balance. Earlier this month I even transferred in a $xxx deposit from our local bank, hoping to stave off more fees. Sadly, this was not to be. The us treasury deposited the $xxx into our account; you took out the $500.00 direct deposit advance plus your fee of $50.00, which I agree to so I don't dispute that, and I still end up with a negative balance! Today I called and spoke to a representative by the name of jefe (Sp?) who stated he would try to get "someone" to reverse some of the fees and charges so that I could have a positive account balance. I said that was fine, as I intended to do another direct deposit advance for another $500.00 so I could pay my car insurance and my car payment. He came back on the phone and advised me that, unfortunately, no fees would be waived and that was that. By this time I was literally crying while speaking to him, so I hung up and attempted to compose myself. I called back again and spoke with a young lady by the name of alex. I asked her where I could find the forms online to close my accounts. She advised me that with a negative balance I could not close my account (S). I told her that I was making the arrangements to have the xxx checks be diverted to another bank, so I wanted the forms for when that happened. She had to transfer me because she did not know where the forms were. By this time, I am getting upset all over again so I asked for a supervisor. I got transferred to nicole who first told me the account closure forms were not available online and I would have to close the accounts in writing by mail. That was fine by me, since I am closing them sometime after the may xxx deposit posts. She then found the form and walked me through finding it. I asked nicole if there was any way she could either unfreeze the account to allow me to do the direct deposit advance or waive some fees to put the account in the positive. Again, the answer was no, unless any could be disputed as a bank error. Well, there is actually a bank error. Why is it that if I have "auto pay" on wells fargo bank credit cards and your bank knows the funds are not in the account, do you still process the payment, then charge the $35.00 fee, and sometimes re-submit and charge again knowing the funds are not there? Why not send an e-mail stating that you are unable to make the payment because the account has insufficient funds? I realize that by now my business is worthless to you because of the negative account status and the non-payment of credit cards. It is not in our power to make money where there is none. It is not in our power to reverse our fortunes, either. And, I am sure you know that I am not the only dissatisfied wells fargo bank customer out there. Read / link removed / and you will see over 1300 complaints against wells fargo bank and their various entities. My complaint will be there as well. The tarp funds you received are in direct contrast to the way you treat your customers. For this reason, president barak obama is receiving a copy of this letter. The attorney general for the state of nevada is receiving a copy because that is where my accounts are located. The better business bureau is also getting a copy of this letter, as well as a complaint filed. For 19 of the past 20 years I have banked with you I have had very few problems, and a few that happened were of my own making. This past year has been a nightmare, both personally and with your bank. I can not say I will be sorry to part company with your institution. Your practices are a disgrace to those of us who sincerely are trying to stay afloat in these times of financial hardship. Being the victim of a predatory lender did not help. Your bank's lack of understanding does not help. I want to use money that is directly handed over to you to try to keep a positive account balance and yet you refuse the offer, as well as your $50.00 fee for the use of our money.

• IrishChick Jun 10, 2011

I made it through the whole complaint. You can definitly send the letters and complaints to the attorney general and every internet site available, but I'm not sure how much luck you'll have with reaching the President himself.

• Ro
                        Roy Herrera Jr May 24, 2012

My parents applied for a refinance home mortgage loan, they supplied all the information, then was told to have a survey& appraisal done, which cost them some money.Then Wells Fargo tells them they don't qualify financially, Wells Fargo has some incompetent people working in the mortgage department. Should they have not told them they did not qualify before they had the survey done? The loan officer told them there options on payments, which would be considerably lower then there current payment, and again they have never been late in 25 years, which they had refinanced years before for home improvements, then asked them to do the survey, should they have know that they qualified before the survey?

Madison-CRL Jul 30, 2012

Hi Hintare! I read your comment. I work for a nonprofit national organization, the Center for Responsible Lending. We're looking for firsthand stories from borrowers who have had bank payday loans, and I would love to hear more about your experience with Wells Fargo direct deposit advance. You can submit a story on our website, responsiblelendingDOTorg, or contact me directly at madisonDOTswoffordATresponsiblelendingDOTorg or [protected]. Hope to hear from you!

Wells Fargo — illegal disbursal of checking account funds & fee charges that ensued

I am a student and am behind on my child support because of the loss of my job. Children services has placed...

Wells Fargo Dealer Services — stupidity

This complaint is a warning to anyone who has a car loan with wells Fargo Dealer Services, I have had nothing...

Wells Fargoscam

My wife and I decided to change our checking account away from Wells Fargo. When the automatic deposit stopped from company it didn't stop Wells Fargo (after getting a ton of Fed (aka our) money) from continuing to charge our account NSF fees and pay accounts like LA Fitness. After $300 in their fees and $200 in payments to accoun ts we were now paying from our checking acct at a new bank. They took their oney from our son. A 27 year old, living on his own with a job and his own bills . Wells Fargo claims that they are within their rights - wrong. They are crooks, corrupt and immoral. be careful/ if they are acting within the law; then we now know that Obama or not the lawmakers are in the pockets of Wells Fargo and all of their kind.

Wells Fargo Home Mortgageprivate mortgage bankers with bankruptcies

In researching a potential refinance with Wells Fargo I was surprised to learn that this company would place mortgage bankers in Bankruptcy in a position to give financial advice...

Wells Fargo Savings Accountfees for savings account

I've been a customer of Wells Fargo for over 20 years. I have a car loan, Visa card, checking account and savings account with them. This month they charged me for three excess activity fees, $10 each, for doing 9 balance transfers to and from my savings account. According to customer service the federal law is your only allowed 6 per month. I could go to the ATM and take money from my savings account every single day without being debited but using THEIR online service I was charged $30!

I guess Chase is now going to get all my business.

noone9999 Jun 03, 2011

I have a Navy Federal Credit Union checking and savings account and they do the same thing. They say that it's some kind of federal regulation about withdrawling money too often from a savings account. So, to get around this idiocy I simply use two checking accounts and transfer money between them instead of between savings to checking.

glenh2nd Jun 03, 2011

I'm sure I was in formed some time in the last 20 years I've had the account about the fees. Do you read the entire contract when you sign up for something? Do you read the entire contract when you buy a car or purchase a house? No, I didn't think so.

glenh2nd Jun 09, 2011

So everyone reads their contracts but me? What a bunch of BS.

glenh2nd Jun 09, 2011

Oh and thank you noone9999 for a real answer!

Wells Fargo Bankoverdraft protection transfers

It's the last day of the month and, at the end of the day, we end up with $14. and change in our checking account ...
                            Been retired from the military for 17 years now, so on the 1st of the month, every month for all of those 17 years, there's a direct deposit to our checking account. Also happens that we authorized our auto insurer to draft our payment for auto insurance on the 1st.
                            One would think 'no problem'.
                            Not so: the bank transfers funds from our savings account to our checking account (AND CHARGES A FEE) because the auto insurance draft is posted/debited on the East Coast before the direct deposit is credited on the West Coast.
                            When we called Wells Fargo customer service they vigorously supported this practice; even the supervisors.

"We're putting our customers first, not the calendar. We're beginning every discussion with what's best for our customers and our team members — focusing first not on the bottom line but the top line...Our first job is to understand our customers' financial objectives, their true financial needs, then offer them products and services to help satisfy those needs so they can be financially successful." ... President and CEO John Stumpf

The only thing missing from Mr Stumpf's comment is the slogan, 'Together we'll go far'.
                            Customer priorities are not about the success of a company--they care about what a company can do for them; it's a greedy slogan supported by greedy banking practices. It becomes obvious, regardless of rhetoric, that with practices similar to this overdraft protection transfer gimmick, Wells Fargo doesn't really care about its customers, only it's bottom line!

Wells Fargo — posting debits late

I've noticed that every since Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia, their practice has changed for the worst...

Wells Fargo Financialloan modification denial

I'm a divorced woman who's managing to keep my head just above water. I get help from no one and all of my income comes from one job (that I'm grateful to have). My I initially got the loan from Wells Fargo they did not offer the consolidated loan, but told me I could re-fi later because it would be available in the near future. Well now that I desparately need the insurance & taxes included, as well as a reduction, I've been informed that I'm not "Default Imminent"!!! What do I have to do? What can I do? I don't want to lose my home, but I can't afford it like this.