Menu
Home Money & Insurance Wells Fargo atm ate my money

Wells Fargo review: atm ate my money

W
Author of the complaint
5:00 am EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Wells fargo atm machine "ate" my money!

Late february 2011, I went to wells fargo in valencia, california (mc bean and decoro) where made an atm deposit of $ 1, 900 cash, atm machine crashes... then returns $ 1, 500, atm machine stills beeping, I go inside the branch to get a banker, we both went to the atm which stills beeping, minutes later machine returns another $ 300, leaving $ 100 inside.
Banker calls wells fargo customer service, they finally issued a $ 100 credit.
Now, month and a half later, I receive a letter from wells fargo stating the will reverse that $ 100 credit...
Isn't that called stealling?
I wont trust on wells fargo and their atms anymore!
Willy v.

More Wells Fargo complaints & reviews

Wells Fargo - loan refinance
Wells Fargo - late payments / repo
Wells Fargo - beware of this company!
Wells Fargo - wells fargo holds insurance repair checks hostage
Wells Fargo - customer services
Wells Fargo - closed credit card acct
1 comments
M
May 29, 2011 8:21 pm EDT

On May 26, 2011 we went to the Wells Fargo bank ATM in Flagstaff, AZ to withdraw $800. In the middle of the transaction the ATM spit out her card and the transaction report and then shut down. A screen popped up saying that the ATM was out of service. No money was dispensed. We talked to the Wells Fargo manager but he was of little help. I called the Wells Fargo 800 number. Both the manager and the phone customer service employee stated that they could not help us and could not give us a transaction report showing the failure of the ATM. Despite the fact that the manager said that the ATM has had similar problems and that it was the ATM that failed we are being told that we needed to file a "card claim" with the bank that holds the account that we wanted to take the money from (we have a Wells Fargo account and were using the Wells Fargo ATM to take money from another account). The best they would offer is to tell us that at midnight the computer would reconcile any differences and our account would be credited with the $800. After an hour and a half of talking with the Wells Fargo people we decided to leave. This morning we went to an ATM and checked the account balance. The $800 had not been credited back to our account. We want to know how we can get our $800 back and are curious how often this happens to other people.

Given that Wells Fargo is aware that the ATM has failed in the past, Wells Fargo has records showing that the ATM failed to dispense our $800.00 and understand that we are traveling through the area and need to resolve this matter as soon as possible there is no reason for Wells Fargo to withhold our $800.00 from us.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1562 complaints