Welcome FinancePPI

G

I took out a loan with this company in 2004 after keeping to my repayments i was signed off by the doctor for ligit reasons.I was told i could not claim on my PPI as it did not cover this condition. After I eventually got through to someone I was told that it does cover this. I have written several letters of complaint which seem to get lost. The first person that dealt with it moved office so the complaint was left. When I call the local branch I get rather rude staff. I have been promised callbacks within 48 hrs which have amounted to nothing. It has now been nearly 4 months that I have been trying to sort this out and try and get some of my PPI as i was not wanting this cover in the first place and when I went to claim on it, it ended up with father meeting my repayments.I have went through the financial ombudsman with this complaint now as I do not feel I am getting fairly treated. With working with insurance now, I know the company I work with would not deal with any customer in this way. The buck would not be passed, promises would not be made if they could not be kept. The company seems to be run by a bunch cowboys. In the end I had paid more than double than the loan amount in PPI and charges as I could not keep up with payments when I had been signed off.

• Di
    disgruntald Oct 18, 2009

Have just been informed that despite both my wife and myself requesting payment protection and both signing the agreement for it, the cover only covers one person.
    As my wife has just been made redundant this is the first we knew about this, we were never informen of this when we signed the loan agreement or on previous times when we have had welcome loans.
    Obviously if we had known about this we would have put the loan in my wife's name as the major wage earner and not in mine as welcome seem to have done despite knowing my wife was the major wage earner and that I am self employed and hardly likely to be made redundant

• skintmumofone Mar 29, 2009

I took a loan out with WF and asked for an unsecured loan and then realised it was actually secured once the paperwork was signed and I received the cheque - also the PPI on this was quite high. Am trying at the mo to get this back. ALso fell into arrears 3 months and agreed to go on a payment plan to pay and extra £60 a month I changed my dd and on Friday I got a call saying they would be charging me if I didnt pay this months bill I told them I had changed banks but they were so rude to me and she actually put the phone down on me - I was not intending to bump them so to speak and am really angry they also called me on Saturday morning to say the same thing and I put the phone down this time - I am waitingon my new bank card coming and have told them as soon as I get this I will pay the months payment god has anyone else had problems with them?