Weight Watchersinability to cancel monthly pass on line

B

The website monthly pass cancellation feature is worthless. I absolutely could not access a way to cancel my membership online even though this option is frequently mentioned as being an easy task.

The phone number is not alisted on my membership card or on a promotional pamphlet I recently recieved. I ended up going outside the weight watchers website to another just to get the phone number.

Members can only cancel by written mail, by email, or by telephone. I wanted to cancel today and obtain a written record of my cancelleation request, date, time, etc. but could not get one. I finally resorted to telephoning customer services. When I politely told the representative how long I had been trying she ignored my comment and only offered to process the phone request.
Altlhough she said she was unable to email a confirmation to me, nor, could she offer a transaction number of my cancellation she assured me the membership was cancelled. She, however, added that if I did encounter problems that I could use her name for a follow up inquiry.

If prospective Weight Watchers customers had this much trouble getting a phone number or joining the company would go bankrupt. My final impression is that Weight Watchers only really wants more paying members and to sell their products.

Signed dissatisfied Midwest customer

• Iv
    ivelost97 Aug 29, 2009

Please recheck the back of all your material-you will notice that the customer service number is located on the back of each weekly book, the back of your pocket guide and on the paperwork you received when you bought the monthly pass. Directions for cancelling are also located right on your monthly pass and if you have an older Membership Book where your weight is tracked the number is right there on the front cover. Weight Watchers clearly offers their members with the customer service number, ll they have to do is look on their material.

• Ab
    ABQ NM Aug 26, 2010

WW also charges you well in advance to get their money. Then they don't offer a refund even though they have charged you 15 days before you next pass is due. This is a SCAM! They are conducting their business like these online scam companies. I expected more from WW.

• Ra
    Rachel241 Jan 22, 2017

Weight watchers has set up their website and cancellation process such that it sends you into a continuous loop where you cannot cancel online. You can join online and have your money taken automatically without any difficulty. But try to go online to cancel your account and they tell you to go to the Help section (can't click on Help...no link)...or to Account Settings (nope, there's no link or section 'account settings' on the website). They actually instruct you to send a letter. What?! Get real Weight Watchers! This is a SCAM that is still going on 6-7 years after these last posts from 2010. There is absolutely no reason for this. None. You know exactly what you are doing. SHAME ON YOU!! And, SHAME ON OPRAH FOR ENDORSING YOU!!