Menu
WebWatcher
reviews & complaints

WebWatcher
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

78 complaints
12 resolved 66 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of WebWatcher. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
3:59 pm EST

WebWatcher - internet

[email protected]
difficult to unsubscribe unable to contact a real person. Do not want the service. probably a scam.
cancel service. should not have to sign in to unsubscribe. difficult to figure out and was stressed at the time and has not provided the service with which I would expect to receive with any type of payment. not everyone is web site smart and this service was not up front.

1:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I work for a man and I sometimes live with him and he has done this before he has secretly installed a webwatcher program on my cell phone he thinks I don't know I am attaching a copy of the order receipt I am not okay with this this is against my will I am 36 years old he is 86 we are not married I am not okay with this is there anything I can do because...

A
11:01 pm EDT

WebWatcher - license for android

The account is under [email protected]
I NEVER activated it, $100 was taken out of my account! I followed all directions for cancelling account; ubmitted several refund requests & was straight stonewalled or fed bs. I am prepared to take this to social media w/my full admitting to having the intent of spying on ex boyfriend as that will show the vulnerable state of mind I was in & humanize the situation! I have since realized the psycho of my ways & am doing my best to become independent once again!
$100 is nothing to a corporation, but to me it is a month of insurance for the car I just worked hard to get, it is my money & I will get it back!
Thank you for your understanding & cooperation!
Respectfully, Autumn Anne Saxon

F
11:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

After paying over $120 for monitoring services for our son's iphone, we found out it doesn't work. Webwatcher requires using icloud linked to Apple ID/password. But Apple security is being triggered by webwatcher and is locking us out of our Apple account and forcing us to change our password every time. We're having to access our son's iphone to change the...

C
8:58 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have enclosed photos about this ridiculous product: I purchased every one of the add-ons plus its white glove, backup and e-notify storage add-ons. I spent a lot of money on a product that didn't work. I could easily see on my phone bill the list of texts and calls my son was making but the product didn't record most of it and in some cases it recorded...

9:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Read the reviews - this company is not professional. They discreetly hide the details of their web monitoring service leading the purchaser to believe they are getting the full scope of features. When it's discovered that their software, and the way its described on their website is inadequate, you will not receive a refund, regardless of jumping through...

J
2:52 pm EDT

WebWatcher - iphone monitoring software

I purchased a license for the iphone monitoring software a few weeks ago and I can't possibly be more disappointed. Warning - don't buy this software! It doesn't work properly and the company refuses to issue me a refund despite my continued attempts to contact them. The customer service reps are rude and unwilling to help. I will never do business with this company again, but am unfortunately stuck in a non-refundable 12-month subscription. They claim the software doesn't work due to an issue with apple. Three times now I have used the chat customer service feature and the rep informed me something they did on their end fixed the problem, but all that happens is that overnight they attempt to access my phone to monitor, it doesn't work, and I am forced to reset my apple icloud password. This is the most frustrating experience I have had with a company in years, and I would never recommend then under any circumstances. They misled me into buying the product without informing me the ios version wasn't working, now have me stuck in a 12 month subscription because I didn't become aware of the issue until after the 3 day window I had to request a refund. All I want is a refund of my $130 fee, but they are unwilling to work with me. So, I am stuck with a product that doesn't work, basically money flushed down the toilet.

P
12:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been using webwatcher for about 18 months. 2 months ago I paid almost $200 for renewal access to my screenshots, keystrokes etc. 0n sunday, 25 march, the site stopped working. I still have about 132, 000 screen shots left. I can load the page but nothing appears. I am so furious. I have sent several emails to support, which have all been ignored a...

D
11:16 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I did the 7 day free trial, I cancelled after 1 day. Noticed my credit card had been charged 99.95, I did not agree to this. Company says they will not refund, because I did a manual upgrade!!! I did not know I did this and believe their site tricks you into this. After looking back, I received no alert or email saying I would be charged $99.95 if I clicked this certain item on the website, this is trickery at its best!!!

M
2:54 am EST

WebWatcher - webwatcher

It kept getting removed when my sons computer was upgraded by his school, and reinstall would fail and I needed a support person to re install, they did this twice then no one would call me back and I was refused a refund, I believe I have been ripped off totally, I have nothing to show for my $99 investment, I deserve a refund

[email protected]

Mark Loader

H
6:41 am EST

WebWatcher - webwatcher work erratically

Bought this product and within 2 weeks, the software failed to work properly (the data just wouldn't load from iCloud to their system) and I've had to contact their support 3 times. Even their support couldn't offer an explanation to the problems. The first time, I waited days but still the problem persisted. On the 2nd call, I've had to reset the software license and re-applied to get it to work. Third time it didn't work for days, and I essentially gave up.

If you think that you're gonna get a refund from them, think again. And don't even get me started with the hidden costs they didn't tell you about.

Absolutely a very poor product.

p/s If you want a copy of the chats I've had with their support staff, please contact me.

5:34 am EST

WebWatcher - complaint on webwatcher cancelled my license but refused to make a refund

WebWatcher do not conduct honorable business in USA. It cannot be used for Parent Control by Screenshot. The product function is not as advertised. Even their technical employee agreed that WebWatcher cannot be used for Parent Control by Screenshot, cancelled by license and inform their accounting to make a refund. Their accounting refused to make a refund.

I have made the purchase online on 9/3/2016. During installation, I find out the product is not as advertised; it cannot be used for parent control by shreenshot, which is the primary purpose for purchasing this software. So I canceled my licence within 24 hours. I have chated with their technical representative on 9/19/2016; this technical representative agreed on the limited function on Parent Control by Shreenshot, canceled my License and informed their accounting to make a refund. But their accounting refused to make a refund. This is not accepted business conduct!

N
4:21 pm EDT

WebWatcher - fraudulent return policy / product doesn't work / deceptive marketing

Tried to install on Android but product absolutely would not install. Called their support, and after numerous attempts, installations & re-installations, rebooting more times than I can count, and a few *hours* of work, even the Tech Support person gave up. I asked if I could just return it since it didn't work; she said "yes" and even gave me the online form to fill out. After submitting the form for a return, the billing department (Natalie Baker) refused to refund the purchase, stating that their development department "claims" it should work. It didn't work, and they still refuse to refund my money. Additionally, their support staff says they cannot help, that you must contact the Accounting Department, BUT the Accounting Department HAS NO PHONE NUMBER. They WILL NOT let you talk to a human being about the purchase *after* you have purchased the product!

DO NOT BUY--If it doesn't work, they WILL NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY. I am reporting this purchase and this company as fraudulent everywhere I can.

5:57 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Tried to download WebWatcher software on my daughters Samsung phone with no success. I called their support and they could not fix it so I asked for a refund. They assured me I would get a refund, guess what? They lied, I called my credit card company and put a stop payment on the charge which is called awareness technologies on the bill. Heres the real...

R
7:18 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I will be contacting my credit card company to dispute charges. First, it took forever to install the product. Then, it did not appear to be working. Submitted several support tickets, then main website was down, then the live chat didn't work. Spent $129 for nothing basically. I cancelled at first, after realizing the target device did not have cloud...

T
9:05 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had 3 'alert word' notifications in the past 2 weeks on my son's cell for texts containing alert words... and couldn't see the texts, as to what was said. 1) 3 times I chatted with them and 3 times was told the developers will find out the problem and will get back to you... not once have I heard anything. 2) when filling out the review of the chat...

T
3:23 pm EDT

WebWatcher - never rec'd product/services paid for

I ordered the online software, couldn't download it.
I ordered the disks, never received them.
I ordered the "update" and canceled it. It reappeared on my paypal acct. No refund from paypal or webwatcher.

I paid for a product I never received and I paid for services I never used. No refund.

2 comments
Nov 18, 2015 5:21 pm EST

webwatcher package for Iphone 's not working at all!, they really are the worst you have only skype and whatsapp, not able to retrieve the most necessary apps like facebook, and viber and even the only 2 apps they are advertising being able to capture they are not able to do it properly
they are wasting your money!
I will put my review on all related websites so everyone knows that they should not buy the webwatcher package!

C
Jun 29, 2015 1:45 pm EDT

I had the exact thing happen to me. THis company is unprofessional, unethical and should be out of business for their fraud.

E
1:22 am EST

WebWatcher - does not work & destroys computer

Do not buy this software, it does not work. I purchased the software on line for $ 90 plus dollars because I wanted to be able to monitor and set time limits on my computer. The installation process took most of a day and by the next day my computer started to act up; I could not use the computer as the I could not even log in or shut down the computer w/o great difficulty. I spent about 4 hours on line with the support staff and tech at web watcher and the problem was apparently fixed. By the next morning, the same thing was happening again and no data was recorded apart from a little on the first day. I have submitted 3 tickets asking for a refund and have not gotten a response. I can not even uninstall as the hot key sequence no longer works. I don't know how I am going to get it removed. I am down $90 and will have to pay to repair or replace the computer AND buy new monitoring software. DO NOT BUY THIS, IT IS A RIP OFF AND APPARENTLY THE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IS JUST HYPE. Waste of money.

5:09 pm EDT

WebWatcher - deceptive refund policy

Watch out for Webwatcher! They said they will refund if you dont like the product within 3 days and if you did not download the trial version. But this is what I just got:
Please note the refund policy:
Per the terms and agreements agreed upon at the time of purchase, we cannot yet issue a refund based on your reasons stated. If the product does not perform as advertised, you must give us an opportunity to resolve the issue within the allotted time.
If you attempt troubleshooting with our agents and they are not able to resolve the issues you are encountering, then a refund will be issued. Please ask the agent you work with to add a note in your account.
As our number one priority is customer satisfaction, we will do whatever we can to get you up and running so that you can take full advantage of all of the amazing features that WebWatcher has to offer. Simply sign into your account and click 'help' - our agents are there 24 hours a day to assist you.

Regards,

Awareness Tech Customer Support

P
6:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm having problems with WebWatcher giving me a refund stating that when I tried the trial version I forfeit any right to a refund. First of all they advertise you can monitor and control Facebook/MySpace. This isn't true if the computer you are monitoring uses the new Firefox browser. I was trying to monitor my 13 year old daughters computer use and she...

WebWatcher contacts