Having problems with Ask.com?

Ask.com Customer Service Contacts

555 12th Street, Suite 400
Oakland, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ask.com Customer Service. Initial Ask.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ask.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ask.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Ask.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Ask.comNo getting a refund

I joined Ask for 1 dollar to ask a question about my sewing machine. I was sent to a car mechanic. I canceled immediately. This morning I see where I was charged $37.00 on my bank account. I called the 800 number and was told that when I paid the dollar I was a member, He ask me did I read the agreement., Yes, and it says you have 7 days to cancel . I did with in minutes. He didn't like that answer and hung up on me.
This company is a scam and I am out $37.00 It's very frustrating to know what this world is coming to. So many scammers and dishonest people.

Justaskwhen l went on this site l wasn't told that each month this site would be taking out money from my bus account esch month

I went on this site to ask one question and now each month this site has been taking £39.00 from my bank account each month, l, ve tried emailing them and so has my bank but they have not replied to me or the bank, this site has taken over £500.00 from my bank account l, m not a rich person so this is alot of money to me, l want them to give me my money back. I, m just wondering how many more people have been ripped of from this site

Ask.comCharged $46.00

Used this service once before (I wish I hadn't) and was charged $40.00. Everything was done online. Was having a problem with my phone and they assisted me. Now I check my bank statement today 10/3 and I'm being charged $46.00 for what I don't know for what. I don't plan on using this service ever again! The transaction is still pending and hopefully won't go through.

Ask.comthis was canceled on the first day

you owe me 41.00 dollars for something I did not get, what a scam this is. you better do something or you will get sued. return my money to my account. this was canceled at the very start it was about resetting my fridge settings and you never helped me. you charged 1.00 which was refundable and that did not happen either.

thank you for nothing you did.
        Phoebe Hastings

Jun 24, 2019

Just Ask.com — stop contact and give me my money

This company has take a total of almost £60.00 all together over 3 time and did not help just stop coning...

JustAsk.comcancelation policy

I asked a question on the 18th but I want to cancel the subscription but now the site won't let me sign in and there is no phone number to call to cancel. I will be so upset if I can't cancel this before my card is charged. I am with in the 7 day free trial and should not be charged any more according to their agreement but I have read that they charge anyway and they won't return the charge or even comunicate in any way. I believe this is a fraud. I am not disputing the charge of $5.00 only the future chatge on $45 which they will make on the 8th day or the 25th of April. Please tell me how to reach them to cancel the subscription. Thanks

• Er
              Eric McKirdy Apr 22, 2019

For the record, this complaint should be directed at JustAnswer.com.

Apr 06, 2019

Just Ask.com — trying to cancel

I found website just browsing and signed up for a free 48 hr trail paid 5 dollars. I only needed one question...

Apr 01, 2019

Just Ask — cancel membership

I want to cancel my trial period and membership immediately. I do not want to pay a monthly fee. I cannot...

Feb 10, 2019

Just Ask — unauthorized use of my debit card

order ID# [protected]-540 I asked for some help with my Samsung galaxy S7 and the assistant asked a few ?s n...

JustAsk.com — unauthorized charges to my credit card for a membership that I did not sign up for

I contactated this web site in an attempt to contactapple. I never used anything on this website. They...

Fairfield

JustAsk.com — unauthorized credit card charge

I was having difficulty with my ipad and found Justask on line. Of course the tech couldn't help me so she...

Just Ask — I got charged $ 24.00 without asking a question

I got on the Internet and went to Just Ask with a question about electric wiring . I was happy to pay the...

JustAsk.com — requested professional dental advice from professional dentist dds

Went on Just Ask site, earlier, in order to get some advice/suggestions, about how to handle a painful dental...

Ask.comaccount

Used Ask for a long time now and I'm 100% sure I haven't done anything wrong, but for some reason I got blocked! No matter how many times I tried to reach Ask customer support they did not reply. I would like to hear some explanations what did I do wrong and why they blocked me from using their site! I still have no access to it.
            I'm very disappointed with Ask, loved this service but what they did is absolutely ridiculous!

Ask.comshady website that hijacks browser, redirects searches

Beware of ask.com! Its a nasty, buggy site, hijacks your browser, replaces default/, rediorects searches!

Read how I fixed it, permanently, with blocksite extension and join me in spreading the dirty truth about them!!!

For the last week, or so, ask.com hijacked my chrome browser, ousted google search and crowned itself, my default search engine! Its been the must insufferable intrusion, ever, on my laptop. First, I went to internet options and changed it back to google. I thought I was done with it, but later that day, it returned... On a grander scale — a total and hostile coup and obliteration of google! When it first appeared, it shared the search bar with previous google search results, I recognized... This time, it was all ask;! When I typed in google search, and click on google, i'd end up on ask, talking about google search!

System restore didn't do it, so I thought it might have been the aol program I downloaded, days before... I uninstalled and re installed. It came back the next day — with google search result in its list of searches. I googled how to remove it, and went into search engine option in settings, changed default to google, removed ask and the many others on a list of 'other' search engines... I was certain this would do it for sure, this would do it... Nope! This time, it was gone just 20 mins! So I uninstalled and tried to re install google chrome, but for hours couldn't — got a msg that the the download was blocked bcos something was missing... Eventually, I restored old one. I repeated the steps and cruised google forum for a permanent solution... Just as I began to try some new measures, it occurred to me to try an extension I added from google last night — blocksite.. I simply typed in ask.com, clicked add, then typed ask.com on my search bar... Voila! Blocked! It took a total of two minutes! I do not appreciate the many precious hours I spent on this! I feel google and other browsers should do something about this!

So.. Ask. Con likes being asked questions — so much, its directs search engine traffic from other browsers, aye? If you've had this problem, I ask you to join me and write ask.com why they're hijacking other search engines,, what if anything, they intend to do about it. I myself will demand that they change their name to ask. Con, for their shady and malicious (blocking me from downloading chrome) intrusion i'm sure they know about it, and do nothing bcos we the people, do nothing! I'm also going to post this on complaints.com. Please join me! — ask ask.com to stop this nonsense! Since no govt agencies will ever stoop to getting to the bottom of this, let's put them on notice, that we, the people are taking matters into our hands, by going public and alerting others about to take preventive measures!
              The truth is, things like this thrive because, we allow it. We've all done this during the crisis, most of us want to write and give that so and so a piece of our minds... Till its over... We get busy, and over time, we just shrug it off, till next time — because we all shrugged it off. Off. I'm not shrugging this off. One thing that even the biggest corporations on earth can never beat is the wrath of a disgruntled consumer, who posts their dirty laundry on the www! Regardless of the merit of the post — the negative complaint will always come up in searches for that company. These days, we needn't go to 60 minutes to expose shady businesses — each of us has the power, with a few clicks. The power of just a handful of people, united in frustration over anything, is quite formidable — even if all they do is write letters.

Sure, one complaint might get attention, but if its true that one letter, complaint, call by a consumer is equivalent to 100, or 1000; i'm not sure... Don't quote me. Imagine the impact of 5 to 10, people, like us, now — united by this negative experience with ask.com. — writing directly to said company and posting a copy of their complaints or experience on a consumer-powered site, where fed up, unsatisfied unpaid, consumers — not paid actors, complain, warn others, when those we do business with, fail to deliver as promised. This is the cyber age, when anyone can disseminate any information to the world, in seconds.. We, the consumers have the power to change the way we are treated.
              Let's tell the world about companies that fall short of their promises, or engage in underhanded mischief — like ask.com, that could threaten our privacy and livelihoods. This annoying distraction cost me money because my laptop is my entire business, office — everything... It crashed twice when I couldn't reinstall google chrome and was down for the better part of 2 days!

If you write to ask, or post on complaintsboard, please, posst a copy, of it as a reply to my post. Thanks!

JustAsk.comfalse promise to make refunds

I got amateurish answers to my questions, not polished professional-sounding answers. The offer to refund is bogus because the site makes you first commit to a battery of "do-overs" with supposed "other experts" until hopefully you will simply "accept the answer" just to get out of the site. There is no clean exit to the site if you don't like the answers or want to bargain on the price. The only way out is to haphazardly close the browser without accepting.

JustAsk.com — refunds are scam and a con

JustAsk initially replied that no charges would be made against my Visa until I received an acceptable...

JustAsk.com — Refund

I made a good faith deposit on my credit card to this company. The answer I received did not help. I e-mailed...

JustAsk.com — spam

I started to register with the website so that I could try and get an important health question answered...

JustAsk.com — not giving answer

I have been trying to get some feedback on captcha. This is a code which was developed to prevent...