Walmart — accused by greeter/I threatened police report for defamation purposes
As I was leaving the store, the bell went off. This particular male greeter never acknowledged me before, always giving me cursory looks.I am around 50, and a retired tattoo/piercing shop owner.Thus, I am an alternative and I could see the glee in his eyes as the bell rang on me. I gave him my bags, including an electronic dept. one. He looked in all, and remarked that there wasn't a receipt for the electronic purchase. I opened my purse and wallet, having nothing to hide, dumped any and all receipts I had into a shopping cart. At this point, as customers were exiting, he was deliberately telling them to "move on", telling me to "stand back", and causing a scene himself. I am well-respected, well-educated and waited to zing my lawful rights on him. He still claimed he couldn't find the receipt after over an hour, as other customers are assuming I am a shop-lifter. He then called Electronics, asked if I bought this item, described me, (lady w/tatoos).Electronics came up front, grabbed the bag from the greeter, looked inside, and pulled out the receipt! He couldn't apologize enough.I requested the floor manager, ten minutes later a section manager appeared.I refused to speak with her.Finally, the store manager did arrive.I told her it was within my right to have her call the police and make an incident report.She agreed.I made a deal with her that if he had more sensitivity training and this type of problem was addressed at this location, I would not call the police.She still gave me the usual WM gift card anyway.Since then, workers at that store have been more courteous to me, and he eventually quit or was fired.
More Walmart Complaints & Reviews
- Walmart / Money Card - money card from nightmare.
- Walmart / 1000 Dollar Gift Card - gift card
- Walmart - Site to store misleading on actual delivery time
- Walmart Extended Warranty Center - failure to fulfill obligation of agreement
- Walmart - ethics policy violation. employee assault, harassment, personal injury during the assault, wrongful termination and civil rights violations
- Walmart - falsely arrest
- Walmart - be careful with your spouse at walmart!
- Walmart Auto Dept - tire fell off
- Walmart - stock
- Walmart.com - worst website ever!