Vonage — charged for unrequested account.
I opened a Vonage account ([protected]) in December 2007. I cancelled the account as of Dec. 11, 2007 and received confirmation from Vonage that the account was deactivated. I recently learned that, without my knowledge, Vonage had opened a second account at the same time ([protected].) I have been charged monthly fees for that account with no notification or bills sent to me for a whole year. When I called to complain, I had to pay to have this second, unrequested account, deactivated. I was also told I was not entitled to a refund of the year's fees because I did not formally request them to deactivate the account. Of course I did not request it because I never knew I had that account. Is there anything that I can do to recoup that money? It was their error in opening a second account and they should have informed me of it when I cancelled the account I knew about. Thanks. Terry Karcich
More Vonage Complaints & Reviews
- Vonage - scam and fraud!
- Vonage Home Service - terrible customer service
- Vonage World Calling Plan - unlimited international = 3000 minutes
- Vonage Phone Service - telephone service
- Vonage - fraud
- Vonage - business
- Vonage - they wont please their customer
- Vonage - disconnection fee
- Vonage Holdings Corporation - international calling
- Vonage - rip off/identity theft