Vibrant Whitening, DazzleWhite, AcaiburnUnknown, unwanted charges

D

I ordered a small trial of some teeth whitening products, Vibrant Whitening and DazzleWhite. Small shipping charges were all I had to pay (I thought!).

Now, Vibrant Whitening has slapped a charge of $89.99 on my bank account, along with another charge of $9.99. I had no idea these were coming. I have not even tried the products yet! Now I expect I will see more charges from the other outfit.

On top of this, I received a recorded call that my order for AcaiBurn was in the mail. I have never even heard of AcaiBurn! I do not have a weight problem, and certainly never ordered anything relating to weight loss. The only thing I can think of is that they have some scam going with these teeth whitening trials.

BEWARE!!! I am guessing that I am not done with this mess!

• Fi
    Fitzgerald Aug 22, 2009

Yes, same thing here happened to me recently. I ordered the FREE trial vibrant whitening teeth and they slapped me with $58.17 change + International transaction Fee of $1.79 + AxisWellness Portal for $9.99. Filed a dispute right away with my bank and the claims department said there's a lot of this thing happening in internet purchases. She said this kind of company shares your account number to another company and slaps you with charges which you never ordered just because you forgot to "check" a box ...BEWARE PEOPLE! Do not get into this FREE trial stuff and Online Purchases on companies you never did business with. 8/22/09

• Gi
    Ginny Seaton Aug 24, 2009

I have a charge of $88.97 from you. I did not authorise you to make this charge. I did not receive any product that costs that amount. I ordered with the understanding that all I would be charged was $1.95 for a trial size. I won't you to take this charge of $88.97 off of my charge card.

Ginny L Seaton email address( [email protected] ) Please email me...

I am very upset about this... I expect you to take this charge off...

• Ho
    Hope Mills, NC Sep 03, 2009

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but we ordered the "free" trial which is hilarious because it is not free at all with the expenses we have incurred. We were charged $88.97, $ 9.99, and then $58.09 a month later from some company named
    Ultifreshwell and $7.14 from ezykit and another .21 from Ezykit. Who these are I have no idea. Personally, I am filing a discrepancy with our bank and they have said they will handle this. We have never received any product other than the trial size originally ordered. How can these people rip you off like this? I will go further with this. The thing that kills me is we have received nothing, absolutely nothing from these people for these charges. Do not order from Vibrant Whitening!!!

• Th
    TheBlonde Sep 05, 2009

Total BS - so sick of receiving the stupid charges from this stupid product - even "AFTER" I returned the stupid product - still getting charged!

• Ky
    KYSERPHIL Sep 11, 2009

Hello
    Phil in the UK here. I had exacltly the same experience thinking I was only to be charged a trial cost then got billed the £55 + another £5.95 for some other internet access product for weight loss ! Im a bloody jockey by trade !!
    Have sent back the original Dazzle white product which did not improve anything and await their 60 day returns guarantee.
    VERY CAREFUL FROM NOW ON !!!

• Lo
    Lorraine131 Sep 14, 2009

i am in the UK also i had the trial and returned it and was lucky to get my refund of 47 pounds back but now im being charged 5.95 pounds for no reason whatsoever from ezykit which are tracing back to dazzlewhite.

I cannot believe i was so stupid to have entered into this great fiasco in the beginning it has turned out to be a very harsh lesson!!!

Sandyfj Sep 18, 2009

Have you noticed that the companys answers all the complaints with exactly the same statement. I also had the same experience and I just turned it into my credit card as a unauthorized charge. I too never saw anything about joining a weight loss group and I read the advertizement. They say free sample all you pay is shipping then tell you the sample is actually your first order and you are charged. To me that is fraud.
    As soon as I realized it was that, I sent back the sample unopened. It cost me return postage but so far the $89 charged hasn't showed up. Until I got the bogus charge for ezykit which I found out was this weight loss program I had no idea I had joined. It seems when you call and tell them to cancel your account that everything involved would be cancelled. That membership must have been well hidden. Anyway I feel don't order any samples of anything on the internet. I never will again I don't care who it is.

Sandyfj Sep 18, 2009

What everyone should do is contact the website that has their advertizement on their site and tell them about the company and what they are doing. It may not do any good but it might too. They are advertizing on cbsnews and I sent a letter to the them. You would think the Dazzlewhite would stop this. This can't be good for sales. They say they aren't responsible for what the other companies do but they give them our name and credit card number. It seems to me this is illegal?

• Ki
    KirklandT Sep 18, 2009

I too have fallen into the same "trap". My wife did a trial for teeth whitening products and we are now seeing additional charges on our bank statement. Funny thing is that she cancelled everything a few months ago after being charged a full amount for the product.

Being that a few months has past, different company names are showing on our statement. Proof of cancellation is in our possesion with a copy of the terms and agreements at the time of purchase, and we have filed a report. These would fall under fraud, theft, identity theft, internet crime, ect...

Just as these charges were going out, I was also being charged over $2000 in 5 transactions straight to my bank account. This is very serious and I would encourage everyone to file a report and demand the company/companies to initiate full refunds to all the people they have in their systems.

The website used was www.IC3.gov, an internet crime complaint center.

A partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

• Uf
    UF1997 Nov 30, 2009

Sounds like we are all getting ripped off. i placed the online order for "free trial offer" with both Vibrant Whitening and Dazzle Smile. i cancel with both companies before the trail period was up and returned their products. i am still fighting with Dazzle Smile to get my refund of $87.62. as for Vibrant Whitening...they never charged me for THEIR product but some company charged me $24.82 for a product called "online weight loss membership - world club fitness". its is an online crap weight loss scam! the company that charged me told me all of my order info with Vibrant Whitening including my order date and they name of the company. when i called Vibrant Whitening they said they do not know who that company is blah, blah, blah! so i have called my bank and canceled my credit card and started a dispute against they company. i have also filed a fraud claim. we will see where this goes. any good news i will post here! good luck

Sandyfj Jan 20, 2010

This company is counting on people not reading the terms of service. Most of those just state a bunch of stuff the average person doesn't understand. I tried to go back to the website to see if that was the case and there is no way to get back to reading those terms of service without placing another order. Personally I never saw that on the order page. I think what they are saying on their site is fraud. They mislead the consumer into believing they are receiving a trail offer when in reality you are receiving a full order that you will be charged a ridiculously high price for if you don't return it in 15 days from day of order. That is really ridiculous, how can you test a product in that short of time . This whole thing is an out right scam and should be discontinued. I saw the ad on the news website and I also sent them an email telling them about the site. I had to cancel my credit card to keep from getting charges from unknown companies. It seem everyday I was getting them. There should be a law against this and if there is I hope they are charged.