Having problems with DazzleWhite?

Complaints & Reviews

Internet Scam/Fraud

On the MSN Homepage on the lower right corner there is a link to some teeth whitening products. When I ordered in the middle of Aug. '09 it was for Dazzle White and Smile Brite, but these are sold under other names as well.

They offered samples of each for 1.97 and for 4.95. I said, hey what've I got to lose? Well, there were no indicators that I was entering into an agreement, or that I was giving them permission to give my information (including CC details) to any other companies, but that's exactly what happened.

As of today, I've already accrued close to $200 in charges. Many from a company in Greece. The phone numbers provided on the bank statement and on the receipt (of which I only received one of the two) lead you in all directions. Each call to cancel/refund says sorry, and will cancel your account/membership right away, but will not offer refunds. The little charges just keep coming, and they told me that I authorized them when I signed up for this that or the other ...

After a month of this, I filed dispute forms with Master Card and had another card issued. Hopefully, when all is said and done I'm only out 4.95 and 6.95 (which are the original shipping charges billed to me).

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS!!!

• Fi
    firesiderace Sep 14, 2009

No insult intended but it's people like you that keep businesses like this in the money.

Always read the terms of service BEFORE you buy anything on line. In this case you would have seen that other charges would be automatically added to your credit card.

helplog Sep 15, 2009

You can return the product SmileBrite, but you have to follow the return policy. Call customer service right away at 877 604-2117 and they will explain how. Don't wait until it is too late to return product.

• De
    debbie3967 Sep 16, 2009

This company is a complete fraud and if you do a search online you'll see thousands upon thousands of people have fallen for it, including myself. I was suckered in because I trusted that my homepage, MSN, would do it's homework before posting a link on their page for something like this, I learned I was wrong. Dazzling White should be smiling pretty after the millions they have scammed out of people.

helplog Sep 30, 2009

dazzle white and smile brite are different products from different companies. You need to contact each company separately.

helplog Oct 05, 2009

Nolan C is from Dazzle White.

For smile brite you can return the product for a full refund. Call customer service at 877 604-2117, but do not wait until it is too late to return. Call customer service and ask the details

• Ro
    rozeepozie Oct 05, 2009

I too trusted MSN a little too much. I have contacted the BBB and will never order from a web site that doesn't have the BBB mark on it!!

• Im
    imrrrmad Oct 06, 2009

this people are thives they unclearly " give you 10 days to cancell " when the shipping time is 5 to 7 days and u shoul wait 6 days to see any results please how i that enough time they have samolia style scam writen all over.

helplog Nov 06, 2009

For SmileBrite... You can return product for a refund. You need to call customer service for details. If you do want to return for a refund, do not wait until it is too late to return. Call customer service at 877 604-2117.

fraud charges

I was charged 1.95 for sample never received. After reading complaints on the board and after searching forever for dazzlewhite online, I chatted with someone at dazzlesmile customer service chat line and cancelled trial offer. They stated "It's a full month supply with a 14-day trial period. If you choose not to return your package before the end of the trial period, you're charged just $79.28(a 25% savings) for the package"

I never received a package of anything.

Sampler beware

• Lu
    LUCEAL13 Sep 13, 2009

I GOT MY SHARP 46' TV SOMETIME IN 2008 NOT SURE OF THE DATE BUT I DO KNOW THAT I DIDN'T HAVE MY T.V. SIX MONTHS BEFORE IT STARTING GETTING HOT AND I COULDN'T TURN IT ON NO LONGER THAN 10 MIN. BEFORE I HAD TO TURN IT OFF.I CALLED AND CALLED FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS BEFORE I COULD BE DIRECTED TO THE RIGHT PERSON I WAS SO UPSET I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO . SO FINDLY I GOT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE FROM THEIR INSURANCE AND I GUESS THEY THOUGHT I WAS GO TO SUE ALL I WANTED WAS MY TV FIXED FINDALLY AROUND DEC 20.2008 I WAS TOLD I WAS GOING TO GET A NEW TV AROUND DEC. 29, 2008 AFTER ALL THE HOLIDAYS AND GRANDS DONE COME AND GONE A LOTTA HELP THAT WAS. NOT TO DAY IS SEPT.13, 2009 MY TV, IS HOT AGAIN I GUESS I WILL BE WITHOUT A TV FOR THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS. BECAUSE THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUN AROUND UNTIL YOU ARE JUST TIRED AND GIVE IN TO ANYTHING THEY SAY. TAKE IT FROM ME A SENIOR CITIZEN .THOSE PEOPLE WHO SALE YOU THINGS ON THE INTERNET IS TROUBLE 46'LCD HD TV. KNOW GOOD

• Fr
    frauded666 Sep 17, 2009

Yeah right!!! I called and cancelled within the 10 days and still got charged.
    Scam!!!

tottaly rip-off

Do not get in to this people!!
Dont order from this.. Dazzlewhite.. Its a s c u m!! I've got charged $14 (shippment tax all 2gether) for a pencil wich suppossed to whitening the teeth plus another $58.71 after wich included the same product (the same pencil) so bassicly it cost me $72.71 for a pencil wich it'll cost 5-7usd.in top of that i've received from bank another 2 (two) new direct debits with the amounts of 2.72eu respectively 5.07eu so I rang the bank and the only choice I had to cancel all this was to replace my card with a new one and report this as a big #.
My advice... Stay away from those bstrds!!!

Fraud (unexplainable Charges)

I would Like to give a warning to all future potential victims of this company. I had ordered the free trial of Whitening Brites and canceled in the time frame allowed both (written e-mail and phone). To make sure it was canceled...Whitening Brites sent me e-mail confirmation the Membership was cancelled, which I saved and the Phone confirmation said all was canceled even though I declined other offers at the Trial Time. All was done so to speak. Going over My bank statements with my banker turn out to be very interesting to say the least!! They never charged anything though Whitening Brites again. But instead changed the name of the company or whatever this business really is and Starting Charging me again, Without consent. I had no ideal what Dazzle White Max or White Smile was? What there Product Was? And never received anything in the Mail? So Why Was I being Charged with no consent? So Happens all the #'s linked around the same Businesses!!! And when I spoke to Someone today They first acted as if products were shipped to me, but When I wanted to know the tracking #'s and Shipping company they decided they wanted to reship the products for free???? And As a reminder as all of this is said...I still hadn't found out what these products where! And Had never gave consent to any of these companies...The thing is why would you want a Product You still don't even know what it is and never ordered in the first place? Bad enough they are charging your account without you knowing with no consent...Some money is getting reinburised, but the supervisor is going to have to reinburised the rest within 48 hrs...they say! And I ask the man on the phone about these others (VH Access, Health Member, OnV/Weightloss) And He said he Put my Name in and It doesn't show Me?????? Hum??? Well Why are they Taking Money out of My account???? How did they get my info? So he couldn't refund me!!! Well I have all the statements to Prove They have been charging me. And if they don't refund me in 48 hrs. The bank has A signed affidavit ready to submit a claim on the Fraud Activity and it won't be over. I have spent my day dealing with this. What A Smack in the Face, Never Will I give my info to anyone else on the internet. I guess you can change the name of your company and reactivate people's info without a consent, Plus give out their info to other company's and try to get away with it...I also supposed these company's enjoy scamming people and feeling that is Okay? How many Name Changes have they did???? The man on the Phone told me the change the name all the time!! This is Sad and Has to stop...I still do not know what it is they Produce????(VH Access, Health Member, OnV/Weightloss, Dazzle White Max or White Smile)

fraud

The Dazzlewhite site is a total scam. I ordered the free sample plus $4.95 shipping. The pen applicator doe...

Fraud alert

The ad starts with a "mom's story" of how she used two different products to whiten her teeth. The product names vary as customers get wise to their scam. They say you will receive a 14-day trial for under $2, then enrolled in auto-shipment, unless you call to cancel the membership. When you call to cancel, you are told that the "trial" they sent (size of a small mascara) WAS your first shipment and you will be charged over $70 if not returned and received back before the 14 days are up.

scam

worse scam I have been part of, many other scams were checked by default...and FREE product cost $94. for one, and $59 for other...Trial consisted of product that can be purchased at dollar tree, and was anything but FREE...so far I have been charged for three other promos that would be a monthly charge...from $7.14 for some sort of weight loss website? and insider secrets...$3.30 per month...my fault for considering that FREE product would not have to be paid $153. for monthly...have cancelled and sent back two weeks ago...heard nothing yet...it will cost them a fee if I have to have my bank replace money...but I am going to do that-I only hesitate because I live in a small town, and it is embarassing to explain my stupidity...go to dollar tree or dollar general for this peroxide based whitening gel...or even cheaper...YOUR dentist...amazing...this is why I do not go for make money online...I feel all you have to do is become scam artist...steal money from people and become wealthy...

Chuck Turner Dec 19, 2009

Here is the head office telephone number and address for Jesse Willms Just Think Media scam company:

Just Think Media
    Corporate Head Office
    Suite 204, 85 Cranford Way
    Sherwood Park, Alberta, CANADA T8H 0H9
    Customer Service email: [email protected]

Company Owner: Jesse Willms
    Address: 527, 52328 Range Road 233, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Attorney General of yur state.

BBB Edmonton.

And end to this scam and refunds of stolen money is our number one concern,

Thanks,

CBC News report on Jesse Will scam:

Maria7 Jan 25, 2010

Hi my name is Maria. I’d like to talk to anyone out there who ordered up the free trial offer from this company and got dinged for charges after… did it happen to you? Did you get your money back? You can e-maile me at [email protected]
    Thanks :)

unauthorized charges

i signed up for a free sample of each of these products because i read an article about how if you mix them...

free sample not free

I fell sucker to the same scam a lot of people have by ordering the so called free tooth whitening trials. "Only costs you shipping and handling" was the gimmick. Now after over $300.00 of combined costs for an initial shipment from each company and having to pay for the samples for cancelling within the 14 day trial my check book is bouncing all over the place! They don't tell you about these charges and when you find them on your account and try to cancel it is too late to return the sample and too late to stop the first initial order from processing. After almost and hour on the phone if you can even get through you finally get a cancelation number, and now after what I have read on here I am praying it is really cancelled!! This free trial is nothing but free!!! Shame on the news company and the home pages that advertised this without checking it out first! I hope this is the last $300.00 mistake I find myself caught up in! I just hope it doesn't add up to more and they really are cancelled now.

helplog Sep 04, 2009

For SmileBrite only...If you want to get a hold of their customer service call 877 604-2117

Charging on visa

This company is not fit to do business. As I phoned to Have them remove my Name, address, my visa number and do'nt want anything that they automaticly add to the visa, which I have not approved of. or ordered, Besides I have not even recieved the product. And they still charged my visa . So pay attention to what I say And write . I spoke to a April, Was at least on the phone for an hour. Then their were two other people I spoke to and just would not reverse my charges on my visa. Regards LIl.

scam

I ordered a 'free' trial and canceled but keep getting billed from several different place...

Unauthorized enrollment and debits to account

Like others, I signed up for a "free sample" of Dazzle White. During the order intact, I was offered the...

fraud/theft

"Responded to above website for 1.95 sample of product...no mention of any other charges or any future charges or any future shipments. My debit card hit twice with $58.76 once 7/24 second 8/05 and then 7/16 for 3.24 and again on 8/21 for 3.24 and on 8/17 for $7.14. I recieved nothing from this company and had to cancel my credit card and change my checking account ...I called the number on my bank account number as refereced for these charges and noone answers after hanging on for ten minutes...I have no address except the one I have picked up off this site from other disatisfied responders...what can I do to get my money back?
S M Cooper
2363 No Ranch Dr
Westminster Co 80234
[protected]

• Du
    dustin36758 Dec 05, 2009

add me into class action law suit also. [email protected]

• Du
    dustin36758 Dec 05, 2009

my complaint is pretty much the same as everyone elses. fraudulent charges with no refund as promised.

Chuck Turner Dec 19, 2009

Here is the head office telephone number and address for jesse willms just think media scam company:

Just think media

Http://www.dazzlesmile.com/epicadvertisingcomplaint.pdf

β€”

Ftc: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Http://www.econsumer.gov

Attorney general of yur state.

Bbb edmonton.
    Http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business-reviews/health-and-medical-products-scientifically-unproven/1021018-alberta-ltd-in-sherwood-park-ab-153474

And end to this scam and refunds of stolen money is our number one concern,

Thanks,

Cbc news report on jesse will scam:
    Http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/news/canada/edmonton/id=1362286889

unattorized charges to bank account

They have charged my account twice for their product, which was to be free. I have still not been refunded the total of 117.42. Their product is not worth $10.00, and I still think it is not worth it. This product is misleading the public to try a free product which they then charge you $58.71. Two weeks latter they charged me another $58.71. Don't try it or you'll be in the same boat I in, and no refund.
Sue Gate
Florissant, Co

sharon willis Aug 27, 2009

i cannot contact you by the means you give in this comment...has anyone else managed to? i think you are a disgrace.
    sharon willis, england

Don't be fooled

Dazzle white has changed their name to dazzle smile, it still the same scam to get your money. Don't get trapped.

These people a sharks. I cancelled with dazzelwhite and returned the product within the proper time, then i noticed small charges to my bank account from healthmember and onv/insidertips.

I had charges of $3.24 and a charge of $0.03 for a international transaction fee for onv/insidertips, and i also had charges of $7.14 and a charge of $0.06 for a international transaction fee for healthmember. All of which are in bed with dazzle white!!!

I called [protected] which is a number that handles the complaints of which "thank god i found here on the complaint board", they gave me the individual phone numbers for those other sharks to individually cancel with them, which is what you have to do even if you've already canceled your free trial order with dazzle white, easy white and all those other whites. It doesn't matter. If you do not call their individual partners that they are in bed with to cancel, you can expect small debit on your bank account each month.

Here are the actual individual cancellation numbers to cancel for the onv/insider secret tip and the healthmember just in case you need it.

Insidersecret [protected]
Healthmember [protected]

Chuck Turner Sep 24, 2009

The website http://www.dazzlewhitenow.com/ is no longer working but they have set up a new website and renamed the product Dazzle Smile Pro. That website gives an address in Cyprus.

Farend Services Limited
    3 Athinodorou Street, 2025 Dasoupoli,
    Strovolos, Nicosia, Cyprus

They are also using the same name ( Farend Services Ltd ) with a US address of PO Box 10276 Des Moines, Iowa 50381 United States for various websites/products:

People are also reporting unauthorised charges under the following names:

DazzleSmile, Dazzle Smile Pro, Pristine Health, White Smile, Well B Health, Elite Pack, World Club Fitness, Weight Loss Resources, VHAccess, VH Access, Beauty Pack, Weight Loss Research, elitepack, ezykit, weightlossebookmembership and worldclubfitness.

Just Think Media d/b/a Dazzlewhite Dazzle Smile etc are still listed in two of the top 10 'worst rating' positions on complaintsboard.com with hundreds of consumer complaints.

Anyone who has been caught out by Dazzlewhite or any of the other Just Think Media products (scams) listed above should file a complaint with the FTC (online, by phone or by mail) as the more complaints they receive the more likely they are to investigate and prosecute:

You can also contact the Attorney General's of your own state and of Iowa, as suggested above.

Shasta Gin Sep 29, 2009

How's this for irony: Dazzle Smile has a link down the bottom of their site to a page called "False Advertising."

It says: " If you believe that any affiliate marketers are operating a fake blog, have distributed a fake news article or have participated in other fraudulent behaviour in connection with the promotion of our products and/or services, please notify us immediately."

And yet that "Mom from TX" article saying you can whiten your teeth for FREE (plus $2.98 shipping) has been doing the rounds for for ages. I clicked an ad for that article via Facebook. No Mom from TX is going to pay to put an ad on Facebook, of course, so clearly this is Dazzle Smile/Clean Whites etc. etc. participating in the very same false advertising they claim to abhor. And in order to complain about such articles, you have to provide personal details and a signature. WHY? If a blog or site is providing misleading info, these companies should shut them down without the need for personal details of the person who brought it to their attention.

If these companies would be more honest in the first place, they wouldn't be named as scams all over these complaint boards, causing them to have to spam the site with the above "Your satisfaction is our number one concern" garbage.

• Am
    A_M Oct 01, 2009

Unfortunately It is total scam. I am just after Chat conversation and cancellation and before even giving me the option to return in response I was informed that I will be charged 78US Dollars. I need to return this trial to avoid problems and this was my given option not theirs. Guess what...I have found a little international charge for 6cents on my card account. Seeing this I immediately contacted bank and card number was canceled to avoid any suspicious activity. Imagine thousands of transactions just a few cent which by many will be ignored... They even have website that you can find goggling for "scam Dazzle White " where it is only good recommended product among others and active link to their criminal sites. Stay away and go to local Grocery or Pharmacy Store to get more affordable same working products.

• Ms
    Ms Had Enough Oct 20, 2009

Yes i was bloody taken by this scam and I'm furious. It goes without saying that you should never cross an angry law student! I'm all for legal action against this scam! This is international fraud. I'm aware that this has effected many countries so i would be interested in co-ordinating a world wide concurrent class action suit. We would need representatives in each country that could compile all information and complaint testimonials relevant to their respective country. The power of this information combined is enormous! On its own, individual complaints will get lost among st the rest of individual complaints. Once we have a global indication of the extent of this scam we can forward all our collective information to each and every trade organisation. Next, we can obtain media attention. Anyone from Australia will be aware of A Current Affairs, a program which seeks out and exposes these scams on television. I can work on Australian media however, representatives of the USA, New Zealand, UK and any other nation would have to employ their own media coverage (although i will try and help).
    I wont lie this will be time consuming for anyone who dares take on these ### If you have enough rage over such an abhorrent scheme, a scheme which i have read has ripped off money from a breast cancer charity, then please send me an email.
    Please bare with me if i take a while to reply as i am researching the most effective means of countering these ### and not just shutting them down for good, but to make them an example of how the public has had enough! and yes, one person can make a difference.
    You will rue the day you met me dazzle white/Brite- smile ...

email me; [email protected]

Ps; ignore the regurgitated response from apparent "representatives" of this company. The same drivel has been posted next to any internet complaint.

Pps; i will be posting this same message on every and all sites where i find complaints, please feel free to copy my post and do the same. Spread the word, enough is enough!

• Fl
    FL_man Oct 30, 2009

DAZZLE SMILE IS NOW Premium White. DON'T BE FOOLED !!! SAME SCAM!!!

• Sc
    Scammed inNY Nov 04, 2009

I too have been scammed by Dazzle White. The did give me an order number and address to return the product for a refund (Order ID number DZW581121265418). I also have had international charges to my account without authorization

DazzleWhite USA
    22100 East 26th Avenue
    Aurora, co 80019

The return address of the product on the original envelop is
    DAZZLEWHITE
    PO Box 10233
    Des Moines, IA 50381

• Sc
    Scammed01 Nov 06, 2009

I was also taken by Dazzle White. I was charge the $4.94 for the shipping and handling, and then a week later I was charged $87.23 by beauty club for join. I never agreed to join any club and specifically told the rep that I only wanted the trial product nothing else. They kept insisting on sending my the Dazzle White Tray. I declined. Then 2 weeks later I received a charge of $24.85 for a World Club Fitness also connected to the same scam. None of which I agreed to. When I spoke to a rep, she told me that the membership had been canceled, and would email me the cancellation confirmation and the address to send the product back. I received the cancellation email but it had no product return address. I contacted them a second time asked for the address, I was told that company policy prohibited her from giving me the address over the phone, it had to be emailed to me. 2nd email no address. After a 3rd unpleasant call, I guess the policy changed I got the address to send the product back. I am now waiting for my refund.

Chuck Turner Nov 29, 2009

Dazzle white scam has now changed their name again - to Premium White Pro (same scam)

Here is the head office phone number and address for the company:

Just Think Media

Address: 527, 52328 Range Road 233, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

=====================

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

sharon lupero Dec 10, 2009

I know company as DALLE WHITE. Saw ad pd shipping, handling, product came, didn, t use before sending item back they debited 86.00 from credit card saying because item not returned I was billed full amount. Sent back item certified mail representative told me once item recieved card would be credited back. Representative told me product wasn't returned in grace period, I would not receive credit (DAZZLE WHITE IS SCAM)
    LOOKING FOR 86.00 REFUND+ shipping, handling 5.00+ 6.00 REGISTERED RETURN( TOTAL 97.00) WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE FOR REFUND will I eceive any king refund

• De
    debanrez4 Jan 05, 2010

Hello,

Sorry there seems to have been some confusion about your order. We do our best to satisfy all of our customers, but sometimes mistakes can happen. Customer service

and satisfaction are very important to us. That's why we included our Terms of Service on the order page right next to where you provided us with your credit card

information. There is also a direct link to our Terms of Service on our home page. We do want you to be happy with your experience with us – even if you didn't read the

terms or found them confusing.

If that was the case, you can return the unused portion of your order and we will not bother you again. If you are still in our 30-day guarantee period, we will also be happy to

refund your money. We take our money-back guarantee very seriously.

Our customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call us at (8/6/6)-(5/2/8)-(6/2/1/4). If you have any problems getting through, you can also

use our Live Chat online customer service support. The Live Chat link is easy to find on our Contact Us page and can walk you through the entire process step by step.

We want to do everything we can to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible and hope to hear from you soon.

(Michael Allen)

OnV/Insidertips | Dazzle White | Dazzle Smile | Healthmember all are scams to get your money

These people a sharks. Even though I cancelled with Dazzelwhite and returned the product within the proper...

thieves!

I read the cnn article too and thinking this sounds good I ordered the free trial and they got 60 usd out of my debit card immediately. I called them and cancelled and my money is returned than after two weeks they charged me another 60 again and told me to return the product unopened.

They are thieves and that cnn article should be removed!!! Do not order from this thieves nothing is free and I am not even sure if I can get my 60 usd back and also if they would continue charging me!

Shame on cnn for making an article about these thieves. We credit cnn and do not think it is a scam.

sharon willis Aug 27, 2009

I too have been scammed by this lot, and cannot contact them via phone, or the email address or website. I too have been charged over $100 us.in 11 days, and my credit card is totally unhelpful. I want to cancel dzw1247743044. if, as you state on your website madam managing director, that you can unsubscribe at any time, how come it's impossible to get in contact with you?
    Sharon willis, england

Scam, fraud

I signed up for what was represented as a free sample. It turned out this company started shipping their product and billing my credit card. The credit card company said the agreement to ship the free sample had language that said I needed to cancel within 14 days of signing up. I never saw this language.

• Io
    IOnlyPostWhenReallyAnnoyed Aug 28, 2009

They are very sneaky!!!

They also pride themselves on shipping extremely fast so that they can charge your credit card. This also means even if you call within 12 hours of ordering you won't be able to cancel the order.

They also don't let you use a credit card which expires within a month. Gee, I wonder why. Could it be because they know they will be charging you again in the very near future!!!

It's companies like this that make people worry about performing online transactions!

Bloody scammers!!! They should be stripped of their merchant account services. Maybe they have already been stripped of their accounts in the USA. Why do I suggest this, well, my bank charged me an extra percentage because it was an international transaction!!!

• Sm
    smokeape Mar 01, 2010

Michelle,

Your fradulent outfit has billed me from several different overseas accounts for the past 3 months. I have cancelled that credit card, gotten another one with a different number, and the credit card company will report you with internet fraud to police and Interpol investigative services. I hope you and everyone in your company serves time in jail!

overcharege for a product I didn't get

I didn't sign up for no weight fitness and was charge $9.99 a monthly charge. called a cancel it and they told me to post on here if I wanted my money back. I feel people should not be allowed to just charge anything on your card and tell you that you need to post on some web to get your money back. I want my money and everyone should be aware of this frad that is going on.

Illigal charges on my credit card

I have been charged on my card for a FREE TRIAL of Dazzle White $58.71 plus another charge of $85.37 from a company called HAPPY SMILES. I have never heard of Happy Smiles and cannot locate a number for them it is out of PROVO UTAH. Can anyone help me?

Warning this is a scam...
dazzlewhite has taken $58.71 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT TWICE...
HAPPY SMILES $85.37 ONCE...
I AM HAVING TO FIGHT TO GET MY MONEY BACK...

AND CANNOT FIND THE CORRECT NUMBER TO HAPPY SMILES!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices