Verizon Wirelessunethical business practices

Verizon wireless ruthlessly bills lost equipment, early termination fees and lies to customers about the mediation process that is part of its contract.
-in reading through the many complaints about verizon wireless, a few things became very clear to me.
A) I am not alone. You are not alone. Verizon pulls the same stunts all over the country and banks on us never finding out.
B) these scams net millions for verizon. Customers on the other hand are left with huge termination fees and useless equipment.
C) other large companies know about verizon's practices, it's only the consumer who is made to feel left out in the cold.
D) a corporate shift occurred about 2 1/2 years ago which has resulted in almost every one of the complaints listed here and elsewhere on the web about verizon.
E) you can do something about this abusive companies practices.

Since 2006 I have dealt with the very best and the very worst of verizon. The people who qualify as the best are those who were, at one time, willing to go out of their way to make things better. The worst are those that prevailed and now run the company solely for it's profit margin and their ability to literally extort money from customers. I have had nearly 20 different phones since 2006. None of them broke because of my negligence. This puts me in a rather rare category since no complaint I read mentioned anywhere near that number of replacements.in the course of replacing defective phones, verizon "lost" my entire purchased music collection — twice. They admitted to making many mistakes but took months to rectify them. They lied to me on more than one occasion about activity on my account... And charged me for equipment that had already been returned according to fedex. When I refused to pay after the 3rd time pulling this scam, they shut off my service. Then they "found" the phone but waited 4 more weeks to credit my account. I applied for mediation. 3 months later they could not find my forms. 2 months after that they scheduled the mediation. Unbeknownst to me, during that time period my service was permanently disconnected. This gave verizon the bargaining chip they needed in mediation: they would waive the early termination fees if I left the company. The fact that there would have been no early termination fees if they had tracked the missing paperwork was ignored. The mediator and I both believed that the person representing verizon in the mediation was from the executive relations team.in fact he is part of the legal team. He lied about that and other things to me when he made his "offer" outside of the mediator's presence. He later claimed that it is optional for the mediator to be present when the offer is made. He also stated she had been informed of the offer. She may have been. But i'm certain she was not given the reason I was given. Verizon wanted me to leave, after enduring years of bad phones, lost music, endless billing issues, etc because, according the legal team member, it was my "fault" all this had occurred. "you just keep calling different people until you get the answer you want." he accused me of exploiting verizon to the tune of $5, 000.00 given to me in credits.. I have requested a copy of the mediation statement to file with the american arbitration association. Otherwise I must pay the filing fees myself. Verizon has refused to provide the papers, indeed they have shut off my service again and are not calling... Waiting for the final disconnection of my account to occur just as they did one year ago.
A staff person attempting to look into this for me was basically told to back off. The legal team would contact me she was told. They never have. My bill reflects charges for months when I had no working phone and had requested not to be billed. The reason: keep adding on charges until I just throw up my hands and leave, or chose to stay as I did one year ago and end up paying all the termination fees etc. That never should have been charged. This lying and fabricating reasons for wanting me to leave is reflective of the same leadership morass that afflicted hewlett packard a few years back. Curiously it was at that time that verizon partnered with hp to offer notebooks with embedded mobile broadband. The resulting failure of windows 7 to operate successfully was known to both verizon and hp... According to microsoft which provided me with the "smoking gun" communications between the 2 companies basically agreeing to deny deny deny. Which they did. One of the more sordid events in verizon's history given the urgent requests for help from customers who had purchased these defective notebooks... People like me. I was, in fact, billed an early termination fee for one of these lemons. Like most cellular companies, verizon models its contracts on the california public utilities commissions standards which are the toughest in the nation. If the contract passes muster in ca, you can bet it will hold up where you live. But you can file a complaint with the utilities commission in your state. It may seem like a meaningless gesture at this point, but the mountain of complaints is increasing. Verizon already agreed to repaying customers for overcharging — bragging how it did so "voluntarily". It was either voluntary or court ordered so they chose the easier path, because of they are a major player in the android os and the apple iphone os products, verizon is blissfully still believing that no one is paying attention to its darker, less ethical ways of doing business. But they are being foolish. Too many people are comparing notes and recognizing disturbing trends, the most obvious is one department, customer service unable to interact in an ongoing and meaningful way with financial services — a department that can't even adjust your bill. Their department is more correctly called collections in any legitimate company. Less obvious but more insidious is the blame the customer mentality so pervasive now in verizon. Read the letters from staff members who saw with their own eyes the systematic and routine practice of laying all responsibility at the feet of the customer while verizon collects big time on defaulted contracts, "lost" equipment charges and waiting up to 2 months to credit accounts for overcharges, thus letting them hold onto that money and do quick short term investments that can reap millions. Don't get me wrong, there are still decent, customer-oriented staff working at verizon. But now their work performance reviews show a drop in rating because of those extra few minutes spent with a customer to be certain a problem is resolved. These caring staff are not the ones being promoted — look at how many times the words "arrogant" "rude" and "obnoxious" are used to describe the rank and file staff that customers speak to every day. At one time verizon prided itself on its customer care which was notches above its competitors. The corporate decision to change the department's name as well as how customer concerns are handled says more about the decline of this company in a sleazy scam oriented enterprise intent on beating out metro pcs and other affordable cellular services.. No longer having a clean reputation, verizon has decided its better to be a bully like the other companies have been for years than to try and maintain any individuality based on quality service backed up by integrity and honesty. Bur if you put this issue before them, your account would be tagged and soon you'd find yourself falling prey to all types of difficulties that take forever to resolve while being shocked to learn that is was your fault all these problems started. Unfortunately verizon has begin to believe its own lies and so we all hear versions of these appalling corporate decisions whenever we call in with a problem or a question.. But now enough of us have heard the lies and doublespeak long enough. A staff member upon learning that the legal team was once again saying they would contact me but not doing it told me there was nothing anyone could help me with in today's verizon, he actually suggested I get legal assistance before speaking to verizon again. That recommendation, he said, was based on what he saw happening from the inside. It's time to forget the good old days of verizon and treat them the way they've been treating us, anyone wishing copies of the documents i've mentioned here can contact me directly.

Sad Verizon customer Feb 25, 2019

I've had Verizon for 10 years and never had an issue until recently with the strength of their signal. They've been trying to sell me on upgrading my service but I saw no need but now I cannot stream television Without getting the hourglass rolling around and never resolving. This is foolish on their part and will result in like canceling the service – not giving in and upgrading to a higher level that was never needed in 10 years. I'd like to hear from others about there are service-level issues

• Tr
    tr5 Sep 19, 2020

I was subject to what I believe is a bait and switch. Chat rep gave me details and sent me a pdf receipt with those details when I signed up. Then I get the bill and it's much more than what was promised. Then Verizon announces an unlimited plus plan I am willing to bite the bullet for and they won't upgrade me. Just left me on a silent chat. never said good bye after chatting and then nothing for 20 minutes or so. I started a new chat and they said do it myself and gave me a link that took me to a general page. I tried upgrading from myaccount but there was no option to go to that plan. So I'm guessing if I try to cancel and block my card, they will keep billing me and report me to the credit bureaus.