The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Verizon Wireless — scam and cheating
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I had a company cell phone from T-mobile and my wife had her personal phone from Verizon with a $29.99 300 minute/month plan that Verizon no longer offered. I left my job and had to turn in my T-mobile phone. I decided to get a Verizon phone for the free mobile-to-mobile calls. I went to Costco in Laguna Niguel, CA.
I was going to sign up for an individual phone for the 450 minute $39.99/month plan. The sales person suggested we get the 700 minute per month family plan for $69.99. I explained that we did not want a new contract on my wife's phone. The sales person explained that only the new phone would have a contract.
About 6 months later, I was again working for a company that provided a cell phone. We called Verizon to cancel my wife's older phone. They said that we would have to pay a $175.00 penalty to cancel the contract. I told them there was not a contract. They sent us a copy of the contract in the mail. We discovered that the sales clerk had forged my wife's signature to a new contract.
We immediately called Verizon customer service and faxed them a copy of the contract and a copy of my wife's driver's license to show her signature. It was blantantly obvious that the signature on the contract did not belong to my wife. The Verizon customer service called us back and told us that they are not handwriting experts and we are still under contract.
I told the service rep that I would be filing criminal charges of consumer fraud against Verizon. He transferred me to his supervisor. I explained the situation to the supervisor. The supervisor said there was nothing he could do, either. So I asked to speak to his supervisor. After getting passed around to two more people, I told the final person that I will not be talking to any more people at Verizon and my next call is to file a criminal complaint. We reached a compromise and cut the contract term in half.
Unfortunately, my newer phone is still under contract. Rest assured that once that contract is over, I will no longer be a Verizon Wireless customer.
More Verizon Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service!
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems!
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints