The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Verizon Fios — install still not complete after a year (multi-dwelling complex)
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I am the president of our HOA board, and we have been trying to get Verizon's subcontractors to finish their install job at our condo complex for over a year. We are not "difficult landlords", nor have we made any requests other than what was promised to us- fast internet and decent TV service. We have 39 units spread over a total of 10 buildings; so it's not rocket science and shouldn't take a decade.
It's been WELL over a year now, and we still have unsightly spools of fiber optic cabling hanging off our buildings. The subconcractor hasn't even been to the site in about 6 months. Even though a few of our smaller buildings are "complete", Verizon refuses to activate any individual's service until the entire complex can order at once. Nevermind that each unit is supposed to have it's own connection to the Verizon service, and would be paid for and billed to each individual owner. It's not centrally managed.
Additionally: The subcontractors for Verizon (North Sky Communications) destroyed one of our units by drilling through a fire sprinkler line. The damage was covered by the installers, but exceeded $20, 000. I'm very disappointed.
North sky refuses to return phone calls from us or our property management company (they handle our bookwork, complaints, etc). Calling Verizon is worthless because the folks on the phones are just script-reading minions, and they WILL NOT transfer you to anyone beyond their department that could actually help (such as the engineering department). I've left messages with them to have an engineer call me back, but those calls go unanswered.
In short, I'm not sure what to do anymore. We are thinking about filing a lawsuit to get the unsightly spools of cable removed from our buildings, if they are not going to complete this install.
Unfortunately, this sucks. Hopefully someone else reads this and reconsiders before having these screwballs attempt an install at your condo complex.
More Verizon Fios Complaints & Reviews
- Verizon Wireless - failure to waive early termination fee
- Verizon Wireless Employee Discounts - employee discount problem
- Verizon Fios - never order fios service!
- Verizon Fios Internet - connection problems!
- Verizon Bundle Packages - bundle package: direct tv; internet and phone service for $99.00 a month for a year
- Verizon - fraudulent practices
- Verizon Wireless - old all tell prepaid plans they bought out
- Verizon Fios - not honoring contract
- Verizon Fios - I hate verizon fios, phone, tv and internet and thier so called customer service, billing, management, etc
- Verizon Wireless - regarding common customer complaints