Variety Wholesalers / Maxwayunethical behavior

On 01/06/2017 my daughter and I were in Maxway in Temple Hills, Md. During our visit we saw a sign that said all Christmas items were 80% off. When we went to the register to check out the associate Denise informed us that she had to get a manager to override the discount because she was not able to do so. We had no problem with waiting for the manager to come over and override for the discount. After checking out completely my total was too much if the items I purchased were 80% off. After reviewing my receipt I noticed that the items were marked 50% off and the manager came over to take 30% off my total. I left the store and went back to get a refund because they are selling false advertisement and I did not receive my full 80% off of my Christmas items. When I went back into the store and told Denise I want a refund, she automatically caught an attitude saying that she has to call a manager and that I did receive my 80% off my items and that I may not be able to get a refund because I had "clearance" items. Tracy did process my refund; however, this store is selling false advertisement. If items are already marked down and I am getting an additional percentage off then say that. Don't say I am getting 50% off and then when I go to check out and the item is already marked 20% and then you give me an additional 30% off. Those are entirely two different things. Also, the customer service at the store is not very friendly. These concerns need to be addressed immediately.