Vacations Made Easy Logo

Vacations Made Easy

Having problems with Vacations Made Easy?

1800 987 9852 (Customer Service)
+1 417 823 0981 (International)
610 E Battlefield, A -205
Sat10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Vacations Made Easy — hotel accommodations

Horrible company. I booked a 2 bedroom lake front condo in March for a vacation in June. I drove eight hour...

Vacations Made Easyone night dinner cruise / refund policy

I have booked an evening dinner cruise for 4 people in the Clearwater, FL location for my wife's 40th birthday! A few days later I got a call that the date I booked the dinner for was actually not available (out of a glitch perhaps of the online booking system provided by the company) but there was availability next day. First i thought no big deal, we'll go next day. But then I found out that the other party of 2 (2 of our best friend who only came for this occasion from California to visit us in Florida) is actually leaving next day back to Cali so it's a no go for them. Long story short, we've agreed that no problem, my wife and I will still go since that's what she wanted for her birthday.
I then called to get refund for those extra 2 people I paid for, since it WASN'T MY FAULT THAT I GOT MISLED WITH THE BOOKING. the rep told me that all she can do is to give me a 120$ gift certificate (which is not even the exact half of the purchase and actually it wasn't working for me since Im not planning to do more of this in the future) or if i cancel the whole thing she then can " give" me 75% of the original purchase! WoW!!! Really???
I think the word "give" has a new definition in this company which you can find in any dictionary under the heading of "steal".
No matter what I choose, I loose. At least some... either less money worth of gift cert that I don't even need, or way less money back to my account if I back out for what..?? For the MISTAKE the company made by their not-up-to-date online booking system. TOTAL RIP OFF!!!

Vacations Made Easy — overcharged

I booked a trip with Vacationsmadeeasy.com and paid over 320 for a 1 night stay for 2 rooms. when I checked...

Vacations Made Easyunethical practice and rude customer service agents

I booked several shows through VME and we were unable to make our trip as my husband was unexpectedly hospitalized. We were told we could not get a refund but we could take a Gift Certificate for 75% of the value. We did not receive 75% of the total value, they would not give credit for one of the shows -around $200.00 because of some rule...? Then when we went to use the Gift Certificates that we did get partial credit for original purchase: one was showing it had been used. It has been a year and we have not seen a show yet nor does it look like we will be able to as it appears that even though we are within one year, we now only have one certificate. This is a scam and there are a few very nice agents, but when you get a bad one-IT IS BAD!!! They are rude and deliberately mess up your account because they are in control. MAKE A DONATION TO A GOOD CHARITY, DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THIS PLACE.

Vacations Made Easytickets to a branson mo show

I booked tickets to see a Branson show on 11-29-2015 with Vacations Made Easey. Today is the 27th and I have been trying to call for 2 days...of course they are closed on Thanksgiving day, so nothing wrong with that, however when I did get thru today, they told me the tickets were non cancelable. Their are flood warnings issued for Saturday and Sunday between Hot Springs where I live and Branson. TV and the news says it is dangerous to be on the road this weekend. I am 73 years old and don't really want to drive it in this weather. Vacations Made Easy should have some way to refund if getting to the show is dangerous and you call 2 days in advance of the show. I intend to make sure my friends and/or family do not use this company again..I am going to post this on my facebook and everywhere I can.

Vacations Made Easyrip off!

When trying to book tickets for an event, with the actual company, the web-site for Vacations Made Easy popped up (appeared to be the site I was looking for). After following through to my paypal account, I determined that this was not the web page I wanted to be on. After trying to back out of the pages that I was on, my computer lost power (due to surge/outage). Once I re-started my computer and went to my emails, I received an email from "Vacations Made Easy" stating that my purchase had been made. I never made the actual purchase. However, the "Vacations Made Easy" would not refund my account of the full amount. HOW CAN YOU NOT REFUND THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF I DID NOT PURCHASE THE TICKETS!!! With that being said, Always make sure you are on the exact page that you are looking for and not a scam page such as "Vacations Made Easy".

Vacations Made Easy — rip off

I ordered 2 tickets to a show in Pigeon Forge, Tn with this company, It said lowest price guaranteed so I...

Vacations Made Easyfailure to provide service

I called Vacations Made Easy on 5/23/15 to confirm that a bus pickup was included in my reservation for the Nashville Nightlife Dinner Theater. I was assured that it was and the operator would call GrayLine to confirm everything had been arranged properly. The day of the event (5/24/15) I called GrayLine to double check everything was in order. The operator indicated that the Vacations Made Easy operator had called the day before. Everything had been confirmed and the bus would pick us up at the hotel between 5:00 and 5:30.

But the bus never arrived. While waiting for GrayLine to arrive, the hotel made numerous calls reminding the “Fords” were waiting for a bus pick-up. The reply: “The bus is on the way. Don’t worry.”

Finally, I called myself to let them know we were going to drive ourselves to the event. I was put on hold. When the operator returned, she asked me to read information from my ticket. She put me on hold again. This time she came back with the message that there must be a mistake. I didn’t have reservations for three at the Dinner Theater, would I like to go some place else? When I protested with, “but my ticket says, ” she said, “I’m sorry, there is nothing I can do. Contact VME.”

When I contacted Vacations Made Easy they indicated that the bus had never been part of the reservation, and said my claim that I had been told the bus was included couldn’t have happened. I asked them, if they were accusing me of making everything up. They responded, I must be mistaken; no one on their end would say such a thing. I asked to speak to a supervisor about a refund.

The supervisor called to tell me that they couldn’t refund my money, because the event had already been paid for. It was their mistake, but now they are unwilling to admit it so I am the one who has to pay. I think others should be warned to stay away from VME.

failure to provide service

Vacations Made Easyvacations made easy stole from us $400

While visiting Utah we've booked tour with Vacations Made Easy to visit Fiery Furnace area in Arches National park. The tour cost was $400 and I've paid with credit card. I've booked it online and got confirmation that tour is available for the date we've picked. I also followed up with the phone call and got confirmation again that the tour is available for the date we've booked and that we're all set. Later on the day I got a phone call from Vacations Made Easy telling us that some mistake happened and tour is not available. They promised me to call later the same day and let me know whether tour is available next day. They never called me back. Since I never heard back from Vacations made easy, I've booked tour with other more reliable company. I requested refund from Vacations Made Easy. They charged my credit card and refused to give money back. Although I've disputed the company services and brought it up to my credit card attention, Vacations Made Easy continue to lie that they've provided me services and that's why they never will refund my money.

• Be
                becautiousplease Sep 04, 2012

This company takes your money immediately even though your trip is months ahead. They state that you can "change your plans within 2 days of the reservation", which I tried to do, but they said they could not refund my money, only give me credit to use later. This is a total ripoff.

Vacations Made Easy — did not what I paid for

Filed against : Vacations Made Easy 2101 W. Chesterfield Blvd. Building C, Suite 124 Springfield MO...

Vacations Made Easy — horrible service and exorbitant rates

I booked a room Wednesday night Feb 11th for downtown Nashville for this past weekend Feb 13 + 14. Vacation...

Vacations Made Easy — company is a scam and ripped us off for nearly $500

We attempted to order tickets online for a couple of events in August in the Pigeon Forge, TN area for a...

Vacations Made Easyscam

Purchased tour of the stars tickets received those. At the time of ticket purchase we spoke with VME supervisor about a hotel that was nice but not extremely high priced. We get to hotel room today ( Nashville airport inn & suites) and it's a complete dump! Bugs on floor, smelt like stale cig smoke, door wouldn't shut, it was filthy and there were homeless people begging for money outside. VME charges us $135 for this room. The daily rate by the hotel is $41. We called to aware them of this and spoke to a very rude manager named Tawnie who hung up on us. I then left Matt cook (owner) a vm. If I do not get a response nor refund I will be contacting the Springfield chamber of commerce and reporting them.

Vacations Made Easy — refund

Charged $20.00 to change hotel reservation. Then when. Wanted to cancel the reservation I was told it wa...

Vacations Made Easyrip off... no tickets

On Friday July 12, 2013 I purchased tickets to two attractions in Chattanooga, TN. online through Vacations Made Easy. I was surprised to see that I couldn't download the tickets at the point of sale. The site informs me they will Email them to me. My daughter and I are having a date as I am out of town so often. We have planed to go to the Chattanooga Nature center first in the morning then to the Vaudeville Cafe for a dinner show that we had to arrive at by 4:45pm. We live in GA and it is 2 hr drive. At 6:30 am I check to see if my tickets are ready to print (site instructs you must have them) and no tickets. Called the "Hotline" and got recording they were not open and leave mssg. Never any beep and it hung up. Tried calling over and over as the hrs slipped by and we waited to get our fun day started.
                ... reached someone finally after being now almost 3 hrs late to leave. Still no tickets. She told me she could email me the Nature Center tickets and I could show up at dinner show and they would fax them or something. I asked the rep for clarification on email being sent to me and waited on email. Never received. Waited 45 mins for it and gave up. Went online to both attractions and purchased directly. Got imitate download of tickets. At a lower price! (Even their site says they guarantee lowest price) Tried to call them to cancel multiple times and went to voice mail. I sent an email asking them to cancel and issue me a refund. I received a phone call (In Chattanooga) at almost noon. She said she could not give me a refund and would have a supervisor look into a refund. Argued with me that it was not noon? (I know she is in different time zone but what did that have to do with me?)
                Got to Nature Center and was told that they had flooding there for last 2 weeks and most of place was closed. Offered me a rain check. No good we are from other sate. Now I have paid 2 times. Never received any tickets. Was told on Tuesday morning I could have 75% of my money back. I didn't receive what I purchased. They have their deceptive responses memorized. My Desired Resolution: I want a full refund. Not 75% I feel an apology is appropriate for taking a big part of our day away and not just doing the right thing.

Vacations Made Easy — refuse refund or provide voucher for services not provided

In reference to Ozark Mountain Dinner Cruise for 2. We arrived as the boat was leaving the dock and missed...

Branson West

Vacations Made Easyfalse advertizing

I searched for a Lake Tahoe lunch cruise and found one that described a lunch and tour. When I clicked to purchase. Vacations Made Easy came up the the Tahoe Queen. I purchased tickets for $55.00 each. When I get on the boat, they say no such thing as a lunch cruise- EVER! I tried to call V. M. E. and they won't call me back, just send me to a voice mail! I am outraged! Other on the tour paid about $40.00. These guys are crooks. Don't ever purchase anything from them!!

• Sh
                      shaffaval May 02, 2012

searched hotels in dc area don't know how, but vacations made easy came up, i booked the hotel, didn't get an e-mail until the next day that i had a booking. I had to cancel it the same day because we were sent to New York city instead, they said cant cancel it, or if i did they would keep the first hundred dollars and send me a gift card for the rest. I was going to fight the charge, but they agreed to change the reservation to a hotel in new york. i had all the rates from priceline and the hotels.bottom line they just book it like you would and add a fee to it, it was mutch cheaper on priceline or direct from the hotel. i got a call from them the next day saying they couldnt book hotel because it was sold out!! end booking one night for a price i more then from the hotel. the hotel would have given me a free breakfast buffet or cook to order in my room, i got nothing don't go near them.

MADBID May 20, 2012

THEY ARE A BUNCH OF CROOKS. WARNING DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM, THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND PROVIDE YOU WILL NOTHING.

MADBID May 20, 2012

they will rob you blind. they didnt even send confirmation of any thing. and now i cant get my money back.

• Js
                      jsadka May 21, 2012

Purchased tickets for Branson Mo shows through them. Tickets much cheaper if purchased on sight. Also, accidentally ordered something twice and they would not refund. They did give my a gift certificate for the amount of the error. Once you print your tickets, your screwed if you misplace them. Won't allow you to print again. Very rude when I called with questions regarding my order. Won't use again.

Vacationsmadeeasy.comThe website sold us a product that they didn't deliver

The website sold us a product that they didn't deliver. They advertised a "resort with and indoor water park, two outdoor pools, an arcade and continental breakfast for &150.00 per night. The hotel was sub-par. The hotel pool water was dirty and stunk. The "indoor water park" cost an additional $18.95 per person. The room was small and beat up looking; the elevator was scary. We stayed long enough to know we weren't staying there, about 5 hours which included check-in, dropping bags and dining out...The vacation package was $645.00 They refused to give our money back but sent a gift card for $300.01 and said we'll call it even. We DID NOT spend a night in that hotel...

• In
                        In all honesty Mar 12, 2012

If you read the terms of sale, it is clearly stated that they refund by gift certificate only. Minus a fee of $100. And cancellations must be made before the 48 hour time frame. It sounds to me they were more than fair by giving you the gift certificate, since it does go against the cancellation policy.

• Me
                        meme9 Apr 05, 2012

I booked my vacation with them last year and a few hours before we left our house they called to tell us that they over booked our hotel that we were to be staying in. They then proceed to ask what other hotel would we like so we went back on the site and choose another hotel and they said it was good to go. We then got anoter call saying that hotel was al booked up too, we ended up staying at Econo lodge and it was horrible. The room stunk and was very dated. The worse experience and what really sucked was this was me and my husbands first vacation together.

• Bl
                        Blzmattmiller Aug 24, 2012

Do not use them -they didn't let me cancel tickets at all even though I thought they were only reserved not bought.

• Dr
                        Dr. Arifoglu Dec 24, 2012

This is a warning for everyone that may try to use Vacationsmadeeasy website for booking vacations etc. I have recently booked a 2 night stay at a hotel thinking that I was booking directly through hotel's website. Unfortunately I failed to read terms of sale which is a fine print at the bottom of page. I realized that I paid more than what I would have paid through hotel's website. I then tried to get my money back within an hour of realizing but was told that they would only give me credit for future purposes. They are basically using your money and forcing you to use their services. This is an absolute scam and they should not be allowed to operate. All I wanted is to get my money creditted back to my credit card. I would highly recommend consumers not to use this website or at least read the fine print.
                        Extremely upset consumer

• Rr
                        rrob Jun 03, 2016

I booked a hotel room in portland, oregon thru vacationsmadeeasy.com. We checked in and the room had Feces and Nasal Discharge on the wall, black mold, missing smoke detector, hole in the wall etc. The hotel could not move us to another room and they couldn't refund us because our reservation was thru vacationsmadeeasy.com. I called vacationsmadeeasy.com. NO REFUNDS, They apparently are ok with people staying in rooms like this. How about being an ethical company and doing the right thing? You will actually build more clientele this way!!!

Vacations Made Easyfalse advertising

Attempted to book a hotel room through this site on a Monday for a Thursday through Sunday stay. By Wednesday I had still not reveiced confirmation that the room was booked or recieved an itinarary. (This is not a complaint as their terms of service state that a confirmation will be received in up to 72 hours.)

Late Wednesday I received a call informing me that they were unable to reserve the room. I asked why they couldn't reserve it since they advertised it as available. I was informed that their website must not have been updated. I checked the site as we spoke and the room was still listed as available. They then tried to offer me other hotels at a similair price but that was unsatisfactory as it was the location that I was concerned with.

They refunded my purchase price promptly but it seems that they advertise rooms that they are not sure are availabe and do not seem to have a DIRECT link to the reservation system like hotwire or priceline or expedia etc. They hope/think they can get you a hotel at that price and if they can't, well you've lost 2 or 3 days waiting for them to try.

Would'nt have minded so much if i new that.

Happy travelling!

NoahAllen Jan 23, 2011

Even if you purchase a reservation in advance directly from a hotel you could end up being told that your room is no longer available when you arrive because they overbooked. This isn't the fault of the travel site it's the hotel's fault.

Chon74 Aug 21, 2018

Customer service stated that they will not refund or help as I made the reservations (Which I only wanted one) within 48 hours. RUN - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Vacations Made Easyagressive sale

My wife received a telephone call from a sales representative at their company asking her if she wished to confirm the request for the cruise in Quebec City I initiated on their web site. Unfortunately for me, she was unaware of my desire to surprise her for her birthday holiday in QC. I am quite disappointed in their aggressive follow up method. The request was initiated online and, as such, their follow up should have been to my e mail rather than calling my home on Saturday evening. This ruined my attempt at giving my wife the excitement of a birthday trip and an itinerary including a 90 minute cruise in Quebec City on the St. Lawrence.

Here is their lame answer:

Answer:
                        Hi there

We are sorry to hear that your wife's surprise was ruined and we do apologize for doing so.