Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Logo

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]

Having problems with Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]?

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 7, 2007. The latest review Advertising was posted on Jun 21, 2021. The latest complaint won't allow negative honest post was resolved on Sep 08, 2014. Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 195 reviews. Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] has resolved 32 complaints.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 202 4291 (Customer Service)
Suite 300, 1011 W. Fifth Street
Austin, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Customer Service. Initial Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]. Discuss the issues you have had with Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Complaints & Reviews

VRBOlack of knowledge and rudeness of customer service agent.

I followed the instructions for processing a refund for one of my guests who cancelled her stay. After doing so, I discovered that the guest had not made her payment in the first place! I don't know why the site would let a host request a refund for a guest who had not even paid, but that is what happened and when I immediately attempted to cancel the refund online, it was stated that this is not possible and I have to call the VRBO payment group. I called and had the unfortunate experience of speaking with Keith, who seemed annoyed with the call from the moment he answered the call. He eventually said he had put in a request to cancel the refund, but he didn't know if the refund would be stopped before being paid out. He did agree that VRBO does not process refunds for 6 to 8 business days, but he couldn't help me understand how or why the refund might not be stopped, even with 6-8 days lead time. He talked over me, repeating his policy statement, but refusing to answer any questions. He told me there was no supervisor for me to speak with, and when I asked to speak to a different agent, he told me that if I wanted to do that, I could call back and maybe someone else would answer! He also assured me that he had sent me an email confirmation stating that the request to cancel the refund had been placed. I never received any such email.

VRBO - Homeaway FamilyI don't receive my payment

I don't receive my payment ! There are almost 50 days after I rent my porperty.

My payment is about US$ 3000 I'm very frustrated.

I'm really dispointed with this company.

The customer care is horrible. You receve e-mail but anyone resolve your question.

I don't no what I should to do.

When I rent my properties using airbnb I receive my payment one day after my gues's chek in.

VRBO - Vacations Rental By OwnerI don't receive my payment and appropriate answer

"I am very disappointed with VRBO's services.
      I rented my apartment more than 40 days ago by VRBO, and to this day I have not received my payment.

I already sent several emails and no one solves my case. This is absurd.

When I rent my apartments using airbnb I receive my payment one day after the guest's check in and I never had any problems.

Very frustrated."

VRBOI don't receive my payment and answer

I am very disappointed with VRBO's services.

I already sent several emails and no one solves my case. This is absurd.

Very frustrated.

• Rt
            RTH1600 Nov 14, 2019

The owner of the VRBO property we reserved cancelled less than 30 days prior to our arrival. This necessitated starting over in our search for acceptable accommodations. The email from the owner stated that a refund had been initiated, but now over two weeks later, the money has not shown up on our credit card statement.

I have had a "chat" with an agent who requested that I take a screen shot of my credit card statements dating all the way back to September 9, 2019. I guess this agent didn't believe that I was capable of reading my credit card statements and representing the information honestly. I received no resolution of this problem from this "chat."
            I made 3 subsequent phone calls to speak with a real "person, " hoping that this would produce better results. One agent assured me that the matter had been bumped to the billing department and I would hear back within 24 hours about my request. Over 24 hours later, there has been no communication from VRBO/Home Away. I made another phone call - same answer. "We'll bump it to our billing department. You should hear back within 24-48 hours regarding your request. " Each agent stated that the owner had fulfilled his responsiblity to refund the money.

In the meantime, we have booked and paid for another property and have yet to see our refunded money.
            I would not recommend dealing with this company for your traveling needs.

VRBOterrible customer service and unauthorized behaviour

I manage a property listed on VRBO. It was originally listed 3 years ago. It was bought by a new owner last April but I continued to manage it. I was told that I needed to update the payment information which we spent ages doing. They then said I had to redo it all to change the name. We went through the process again. We were shunted between the VRBO and homeaway payments departments for weeks given different information. When all was approved. It was still in the wrong name. They then canceled the VRBO listing and the payment account with no contact or information sent to us. The listing was paid for. I was then on hold for 2 hours and again shunted between departments. then cut off. On hold again for another 2 hours. My listing is still not active despite our payments. I can not get anyone to speak to me regarding this. I just get cut off. I have been on hold for 2 days.

VRBO — pricing very misleading

VRBO #420788 Sunset Vista Treasure Island Florida. When we put in our vacation dates it came back with a...

Home Away/VRBOservice charges, leases, variable quality not a good deal

Hi,
            our complaint is generic, systemic but specific.
            We have come to realize that what often seems like a good deal isn't.
            There are service charges, cleaning fees, leases to sign? that are added to base rates making some of the rentals costlier than a good hotel where the rooms are serviced and cleaned every day. Frequently the additional charges are not that obvious, at least to us.
            Also the standards are too variable. Quality of towels, bedding, dirty upholstery, dishes cannot be at the level of renting some ones old stuff that they don't need anymore.
            We have decided to go another route for now and stay away from this totally unregulated industry. It may seem like a cute idea that you are going to stay at someone place but we don't think its worth it.

Home Away/VRBOunethical charges

I have rented my property through vrbo since 2012 but corporate greed
              Has completely changed the way that I am allowed to do business with my renters. If we dont allow the "book it now button" that charges vacation renters extra money. (they get absolutely nothing for these services)/ it is very misleading and actually blatantly lying to get their hands in our profits. Please! Someone file a class action suit so we can get ethics back on the table again!

Vacation Rentals By Ownerschargebacks

I have been a subscriber with VRBO for about 3 years now. On Sept 11, 2016 a renter paid for a stay on Sept 12-19. I approved their request and on the next day, my rental manager met with them. This property for rent is located in Manila, Philippines. Since Sept. 12th is a National Holiday in the Philippines, I booked the renters (through Priceline.com) at a nearby hotel to get them through the night. Then they checked in on Sept. 13th. We obtained copies of their IDs and registered them with the condominium management. The rent funds were released to me by VRBO on Sept 15th. They checked out on Sept 19. Throughout their stay, they never once communicated with me on email.

On Sept 22, I got an email indicating that there is a "chargeback" of $531.92 on my bank account. Plus they charged two separate fees of $25 for no reason. Without my approval, they reversed the renter's payment. And it's not even 7 days after the renter checked out. They said, the renter's bank wanted the charge back as the renters told them they never stayed in my place.

I submitted all the evidences of their stay to VRBO (the hotel stay on Sept 12th with their name on it), the copy of the rental agreement that came with the receipt of payment, and copies of their passports. Meanwhile, I ordered my bank to ban VRBO from debiting any amount from us again.

The past few days, VRBO has been harassing me with emails telling me that I owe them the $531.92. AFTER they allowed this very same $531.92 to be debited from my bank account!!! They keep telling me I owe them $532.92 when if fact on Sept 22, they already debited that amount from my account. And now they're threatening to deactivate my account.

I've made numerous phone calls and each time I am talking to a senseless representative. And every single time I was instructed that the best way to get this resolved is through email.

I don't know where else to go but to go through every website that I can file a complaint against them! First off, I suspect these renters are cons. They booked last minute so I had no chance of getting e-copies of their IDs. And they never responded to any of my communication with them. Then they trash my place. Then shortly after they left, they tell their bank that the payment for their stay is not authorized. I requested for a copy of their passports from my rental manager and found out that they're from Morocco. And then I looked at their phone number and the country code is Australia.

The first time I called VRBO, I alerted them about this. The first representative told me they already "flagged" these people. And now, after all the distress this situation has caused me, and after I have submitted the documents of proof about their stay, VRBO is doing the best they can to rip me off of whatever they STILL owe me! I am STILL OUT of $531.92 plus $50 of their so-called fees. And now they want to charge me AGAIN??!!! This company is BAD!!! So bad for homeowners like me!!! I've been with Airbnb and TripAdvisor for so long and I have NEVER ONCE experienced anything like this!!!

VRBO or Vacation Rentals by Owerwebsite is continuously down. owner tried to cancel listing. charged for another year

Off and on for 8 years I've had problems amending or changing my VRBO listing due to technical problems with their website. I tried help.vrbo.com and vacationrentals.com. I sold my beachfront condo and contacted VRBO via email on 1/5/16 to cancel my account and to request a partial refund from the renewal 10/3/15 to 1/5/16. I continued to try to remove my listing myself as it continued to show up. I tried in vain to locate a mailing address to send a certified letter.

On 10/5/16 I received an email notifying me that my account was auto renewed and my American Express was charged $499.00. Yet again their website was down. I tried several times a day for over a week. I called countless numbers that were listed on the Internet to find that they were no longer in service. The site doesn't list contact information anywhere. I finally found one number from one of the other customers on this website and reached customer service.

I called [protected] ext. 0 and reached a representative. I filed a complaint and was transferred to Alex in the customer resolution department. I was informed that a refund would be issued but that it was too late to receive partial credit for the 9 months that I cancelled. I am filing a formal complaint with the Texas Attorney General as well as the Federal Trade Commission.

For those of you having problems with the website or in contacting VRBO another number I was given for customer service for is: [protected].

Vacation Rentals By Ownerschargeback

p.s. Homeowners beware of this renter IBERHAIM LACHQAR!!!

chargeback

VRBO — reviews and customer service

Vrbo reviewss are just a joke, costumers use this against you to try to get free things and vrbo allow all...

VRBO #768521 - Lemon Bay/Engelwood, FL — Owner reneged on agreement and will not refund our money

Review #[protected] “Private 2 Br Waterfront Cottage With Deep Open Water Dock On Lemon Bay” Owner reneged on...

VRBO / Homeawayfailure to return refundable deposits and overages

Made a reservation for a house while my husband and I were in San DIego for a week to celebrate our silver anniversary and host a family reunion.
                      Found a house - price was good and so were the photos. Owner was very cooperative and forthcoming while we were making the reservations,. She knew and was okay with the fact that I wouldn't have firm numbers for how many would be staying at the house nor how many would be at the family reunion being held one day at the house until the week of the event.
                      Gave her an estimate early on - which had to be significantly reduced when many people were unable to afford the airfares to come to San DIego over Memorial weekend. House and stay were wonderful. Problem is that I have been trying for (3)+ months to get my refundable deposits back... totalling nearly $3, 000. VRBO/Homeaways they can't help, the owner is solely responsible and the owner refuses to respond to any Emails. I am assigned to a military base in Europe so can't afford to call the owner directly.
                      Desired result: refund my deposits/overages for $2748 —
                      Owner: Laura Christine
                      Address of rental: 1114 Skylark, San Diego, CA

VRBO Rentals — my stay

Stayed in the resort of Ocean City, Md., who the owner was Randy Bosley. After our stay, Randy sends a text...

VRBOwill not stop previous owners ad

I purchased a condo. VRBO refuses to view my paperwork and stop advertising the previous owners ad. I cannot rent from the site as the calls are being reverted back to former owner who owns another unit in same building. This is going on since July 10. I am so sick of it.

VRBO(unit#133921), unethical behavior b/c payment wasn't rec'd

Owner promised us he would rent his unit to our family, and then rented it to another party instead, without first notifying us. On May 20, I phoned the owner (Bill Thompson VRBO property # 1641319, Angels Rest Vacation Rental) and asked if we could receive a discount (or free night) on our already booked (through VRBO) upcoming stay in July. (FYI: VRBO had already processed our initial credit card deposit.) He said all he could offer was for us to cancel our reservation and we'd then get the credit card refund, and then rebook with him direct (not through VRBO). Therefore, we wouldn't have to pay that VRBO fee of approximately $138. He said that we should mail him a check and when he received it, he would confirm our booking. We immediately mailed the check (but it did not reach him fast enough, so he then booked "our" unit. He emailed us on May 27 to inform us our reservation was cancelled and immediately I phoned him to plead with him not to do this and reconsider, he informed me that the new tenants already rented it and for 2 more additional days. I told him I could give him a credit card again (and even pay the $138 fee rather than lose this reservation). He said he was sorry, but since he hadn't gotten our check yet he felt compelled to take the new reservation. I feel he owed us a courtesy phone call and the opportunity to say "since our check wasn't received, please let us wire you money, or take our credit card" — like you did initially — before you actually offered us the discount. If it meant us losing the reservation, we would have rather not receive the discount.

VRBOreview process

I was a renter and when I posted a negative review on their site following my stay, and the owner of the property responded with lies, I was not able to respond to that. All I could do was file a complaint with VRBO, which I am sure goes nowhere. They consider a response to the owner's comments to be a "duplicate review ". So essentially they could care less about the renter's experience. I will NEVER book through them again !!

VRBOrental

On 6/6/16 I booked a family vacation in Steamboat Springs for after Christmas. To make a long story short VRBO accepted my reservation and put a $1, 500 hold on my credit card. Later in the day the owner sent me an email saying sorry but it is booked. I knew this was nonsense and challenged the owner. They sent me another email admitting that after I reserved their unit and a hold was placed on my credit card they decided they wanted it for themselves. What bad business. There should be some type of consumer protection that when someone offers something they have some type of obligation once a hold is placed on a credit card.

VRBO / Homeawayowner rights

As a recent owner of a vacation property, I immediately thought to use VRBO/Home Away to rent it out. I have been on the other side as a traveler and have generally had good experiences using their site. However, I am appalled at the fees they not only charge the traveler now but also the owner. In addition, if you do not subscribe to their service, they with hold your money until the renter has "checked in". I feel I should be able to deposit security deposits, etc. as necessary to uphold the property and it essentially, feels like the owner has no control over their property and income for it. I am very unhappy with their service and I am planning to withdraw the property from their site as it is not fair to travelers and owners alike.