Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Logo

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]

Having problems with Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]?

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 202 4291 (Customer Service)
Suite 300, 1011 W. Fifth Street
Austin, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Customer Service. Initial Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]. Discuss the issues you have had with Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] Complaints & Reviews

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Up Front Information Mis-Leading

Before going with Vrbo, I called and spoke with many different representatives. I asked many questions so that I understood all of the workings that have changed with Expedia. What each representative knew was a little different from each other.

I finally spoke with someone at a more knowledgeable tier. He was helpful and showed me where to go to get some of my questions answered. My problem was there was not central information center laying out the website policies. I am not sure where to find that again.

Each representative was careful to explain the money collected by Vrbo would take 3 to 4 weeks for Vrbo to process it and get it to me. What each failed to say was Vrbo will keep my money until the tenant takes possession of the unit.

I was under the impression that when they collected the first payment I would get my portion in three to four weeks. However, I just found out that isn't true at all. Vrbo has collected thousands of dollars for the my two-booked units leased in 2022, and they are holding on to this money for a calendar year. There is something terribly wrong with Vrbo holding on to money that should be in my bank account. By having their representatives intentionally not make it clear that I will not see a dime until the tenant checks-in is deceitful. I am upset because I was asking questions every which way so that I was sure I understood it all. The simple fact that Vrbo keeps the money until the tenant takes possession was withheld.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Motel passed off as apartment

The listing said 1st time rental so no address. As a matter of fact it was not put in the system till after it was to late to cancel. They advertise an apartment. It is a motel room. Limited security. [censored]ty place and no pics tgat would really allow you to see it for what it is. A f, motel room. Really,
    I think vrbo needs to not have scammers list property. I rather go a different way but your reputation should get better. Thus kind of advertising that gives false sense of property is wrong.

Feb 13, 2021

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Stole my money as a home owner

I have left vrbo as they are thieves. I had a large booking of 22 nights, according to my paperwork I luckily...

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Unauthorized cc charge / no refund / unethical behaviour: the wine stay, ca

Booked Res #79661 ID#5817 with VRBO and The Wine Stay prior to Covid. Prop mgr has declined any refund, charged a damage deposit not authorized, and when trying to apply credit to new stay, Mike Little thought it would be a good idea to try to extort an additional $2, 300. He won't answer our letters or attorney letters and not someone you want to do business with. Who does this during Covid? We are out $7, 154 and won't work with us at all!
      This was a double-50th bday celebration in Sonoma, now it's a nightmare dealing with someone using a pandemic to his advantage. Serious warning! When looking at properties in Sonoma, CA.

Nov 26, 2020

VRBO — Property id 8360895; reservation id ha-k5l12y

I am Abidemi Akande, I made a reservation for an apartment for three days at Flat 1, 7 Rasaki Balogun Street...

Oct 28, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Double booking of vacation rental, no refund

I rented a vacation rental from VRBO for 10/16-18 of 2020. I contacted the owner when we arrived and was told...

Aug 31, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Took their fees and tax on a total charge which never been received by the owner.

In August 2020, VRBO gave the address of my property even if the total payment of the rental was received...

Aug 07, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — The worst customer service ever

The worst customer service ever. I am a Vrbo Owner of two properties. I tried to give a customer a refund and...

VRBOMy vacation rental

VRBO has suspended my listing not giving sufficient time for me to provide requested documentation. A guests did damage to our property and it took a few days to get the estimate written up, mailed to me and the repairs done, and I tried to submit the documentation however my emails are being rejected. This is totally unfair I cannot get a resolution.

Karla & Jason Marshall
        Listing #4620326

CG Eve Jul 27, 2020

I had the same issues with VRBO and absolutely do not like VRBO. I had a renter who did severe damage by ruining my master bedroom carpet, damaging an electric range, leaving a horrible mess that took 9 hours of cleaning and several trips up to my cabin for estimates and work that had to be done. The carpet has to be replaced as the pig guest spilled wine on the carpet and then used to bleach to clean up permanently staining the carpet. Pig guest paid a $600 damage deposit...damages and costs came to $4, 003.00. I sent in invoices, photos and documentation. VRBO said they could only allow carpet cleaning and a replacement element for the stove but could not pay for the extra cleaning time and work time to bring my cabin back to prior condition. $315.03 is what I could recover. When I claimed the $600 VRBO sent only $582.00 and kept $18 as a processing fee. I returned the pig guest $266.97 and then VRBO said case is still open and I risk being taken down if I don't send the other $18.00! VRBO has the $18.00...after spending a great deal of time explaining and replying to emails sent by VRBO explaining that they need to send the $18 out of their processing fee account did they finally understand what they did in error. Meanwhile I still have a carpet to replace out of my pocket. I rated this guest as horrible but was told that my rating does not appear for other owners to see because it has to protect the right of the renter! What about the rights of the property owners!!! Property owners be aware ... do not rent to unrated renters because they are probably like this pig guest and could be her! VRBO gets a -10 rating from me.

CG Eve Jul 27, 2020

@CG Eve Guest renter was Yuanyan Pei and I rated her 1 star and woill never rent to her again.

VRBORefund

We rented a property in June 2020 .we called vrbo inquiring on canceling our trip due to covid -19. We just called to see if we cancelled we would get a refund. We then tried contacting the property owner and she never answered . We never received the security code to the property . The day after we were supposed to check in, we received an E-mail saying the owner cancelled our reservations. It has been 4 weeks now and no refund. We can not get in touch with the owner .and vrbo is no help . They say all they can do is try and contact the owner. They also can not get in touch with wiener!!!

• Gm
              gmmann1775 Jul 30, 2020

I have the same problem from back in April. However the homeowner did refund my security deposit of $300.00 while keeping $3, 105.00 for himself. I filed a complaint against him with the Consumer Protection Division the State of Maryland but it's slow going because of Covid. If all states had done like Florida and made Short Term Rentals illegal it would have saved a lot of us headaches. These homeowners on VRBO get to set their own rules and the public needs to be aware. I guess I still have small claims court if all else fails. VRBO want even let me place a review on the homeowners site to warn others because I didn't stay their. Should of used Airbnb heard they took care of their customers. Good luck with your homeowner.
              Gary M.

Jul 14, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Payment downloads

When downloading the payments we have received, I realized that the 'Deposit Amount' column and 'Payable to...

Jul 08, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Terrible customer service

We booked this home for a long weekend to visit my son is Scottsdale. When we booked we paid in full because...

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Non payment for booked rental by vrbo to owner

Owner # 560859 had guest book on 5/30/20 (Guest booking # HA-ZFT3NC), guest completed stay on 7/5/20. VRBO has not paid owner for this booking and keeps extending payout dates (funds now held by VRBO for 38 consecutive days after booking). Guest damage deposit is also being held for an extensive period. Basically VRBO is not paying owners or guests money owed.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Refund

We had to cancel a booking, 2 days after it was booked on June 5, 2020 and we are STILL waiting for our refund! I am tired of hearing their excuse about COVID causing the delay! This is pure and simple thievery! We have used VRBO for many years, but this situation has caused us to find lodging elsewhere. I have called them and emailed them and while they say our refund has been processed...we still haven't received it. I wonder who's enjoying the benefits of OUR money?!

• Hf
                  Hf15 Aug 09, 2020

I cancelled within the time frame, no refund 3 weeks later. They said they changed vendors and tried giving me a 900 number to call their vendor, they won’t call the vendor. I am livid. I’m calling 7 on your side.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Refusing to refund my money

Last November I rented an apartment in Oaxaca, Mexico, for July 2020 through Vrbo. The Covid19 pandemic hit. I am in the most vulnerable group (79 years old with heart problems and diabetes) and I was forced to cancel my trip so I would not be exposed to the virus. I notified Vrbo in writing, explaining the circumstances. They acknowledged the cancellation but said that there would be no refund. Now they are holding over $ 1000.- of my money, unwilling to give it back to me.
                I also had a booking with Airbnb which I also had to cancel. Airbnb answered within 48 hours and issued the proper refund.
                Vrbo should follow the same fair policy during these hard times. They do not even have a customer service number. This complaint should be a warning to others to avoid a company that does not follow industry ethical standards.

CG Eve Jul 27, 2020

Good to know...I am a property owner and have received horrible service from VRBO. I am searching for a new provider who is easier to work with. I will look into AirBNB. It is very important to me to have good relationships with my guests and with my provider and I want my rights and property protected as well. I will check out AirBNB and hopefully be able to switch to them.
                    I am sorry you are having problems with VRBO but am not at all surprised after the fiasco I just had with them.

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]No refunds owner not responding

We made reservations in colorado in March. Due to cover the wedding we were going to was canceled and travel has been difficult. 60 days prior to the reservation we tried to cancel and get a refund. even thought the website has "free cancelations" they would only return their portion and not the owners portion of the almost $900 deposit. Each call into home away and vrbo led nowhere. no one would respond saying they would contact the owner. 2 months and multiple calls (at 20 minutes on hold each time and getting disconnected) with no results. no call backs and each call goes to a different agent that knows nothing and starts over. Terrible business and will never use these sites again!!! Total Rip OFF!!

Apr 27, 2020

A Homeowner on VRBO — Rental property

I went on HomeAway website (owned by VRBO) to plan my vacation. I made 3 separate reservations with different...

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Coronavirus

We rented a house for two days end of March then the virus and we needed to cancel our trip.We were advised for vrbo there were no refunds allowed.We waited for owners reply about a credit we heard nothing. Got a letter stating vrbo was hoping the owners would work with the renters but ours didn't when they did contact after 2 tries she mentioned a credit then said vrbo gave us a refund for 27.00 out of the 504.00 we paid.Like anyone planned on a virus becoming an epidemic!Don't book with them so unfair

Mar 13, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Didn't rest for all the running and noise upstairs

we rented this property from 03/05/2020 til 03/11/2020 and before we could get there Kim called my phone and...

Mar 09, 2020

Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO] — Party house, rental house

Since december 16th 2019 the address of 8348 stone creek drive chanhassen mn 55317 started renting out their...