USPSnever delivers my parcels

F Review updated:

It really sucks when you loose your your packages or have to constantly pick them up at the postal office because your lazy mail carrier doesn't feel like knocking at your door. And when they do come up to your door, instead of knocking they leave your package on the door, scan it confirmed, and before you know it someone steals your package but USPS says "It shows here you got your package!" when I didn't.

Once or twice I would have shrugged it off, of course I'm still mad. But it is everytime I order off the internet that this happens to me. I'll happily track the package online and when it finally gets to my area so I can wait at home for it, there's never a knock or anything. Once or twice I've actually found my parcel outside my door without me knowing it was there, and one time I had my parcel stolen yet when I called all I got was excuses. "It shows here it was delivered, " "Next time put a note, " etc.

I shouldn't HAVE to put a note. Those people know how to do their jobs, better than I could. Why isn't that our mail carriers don't knock? I bet if it was their packages they'd be furious just like I am right now.

My neighbors too have had their packages left outside their door, or worse, we have a fire extinguisher near the mailboxes and some of the carriers who come leave the parcels on top of the extinguisher rather than bothering to go up to peoples doors.

I've had the last straw when I was waiting for a package today and didn't receive anything when I went to go check my mailbox. I thought it hadn't come today because it wasn't even on my door, but when I went to go look online to track it, it says that they had missed me and that I needed to come pick it up at the postal office.

They never knocked.
They didn't even leave the "Oops, we missed you!" paper.
The mail came before noon but the website says they tried to deliver at 3:00 something PM. How do you explain that?

Next time I think I'll wait in front of my box with my arms crossed. That's obviously what they want, huh?

I hope I can pick up my package tomorrow without that paper. Hopefully having the confirmation number will help.

On a lighter note, the mail man we used to have before these irresponsible carriers never did this. Once he retired all of this started happening and I wonder how is USPS training their employees now?

• La
    Larry R Gowdy Jul 15, 2008

Trying to get a used car value from KBB. Just get started and USPS horns in and takes over the site asking for zip codes, addresses, etc. Then asks for another zip code!???
    What's the USPS doing taking over KBB's site?

• Je
    Jeff Cornwall Jul 15, 2008

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

• Kc
    k.c bkny Jul 18, 2009

mail not delivered to mail box, resolting a credit card bills dissapear, cost a late payment fee and might end to identity theft.

• Dl
    dlakers Jul 18, 2009

Are you sure that someone isnt taking your mail from your mail box?

Arthur Aug 05, 2009

My delivery person is too lazy to get out of the mail truck. She jams packages into the mail box that are too big and will not come to the door to deliver anything that requires a signature. Two packages required tools to remove from the mail box.

• De
    dent1013 Sep 24, 2009

I agree. My mailperson won't deliver if there is mud on the ground. I'm talking about very little, barely enough to make a footprint. They won't deliver if someone is parked within 10 feet of the mailbox. They won't get out of their car to deliver, they beep their horn.

Don't even get me started on tracking down packages. When they say I wasn't home and to pick it up the packaged at the local office, I go by the local office to get package the next day and it's not there. They can't tell me where it is, because they can't get in touch with the courier! Heck it's hard enough to get by the station during open hours (8:30-4:30 and closed 12-1 for lunch!).

• Ya
    YamK34 Nov 17, 2009

My sister made a book for my birthday with messages from friends around the world. 4 months after mailing it as registered mail in the UK all that arrived here in the US was a portion of the packaging. USPS says it is the responsibility of the Royal Mail; they say it is USPS' responsibility as it clearly arrived in the US. Any ideas on how I can track it down? This package is of no value to anyone but me..

Angry Guy from New Haven Jan 21, 2010

Yeah I'm getting pretty pissed off right now with USPS. As long as the parcel is something small like a DVD they'll try to fit it in our mailbox. But as soon as it's too big for our box, we automatically get one of those peach slips telling us to go for a drive to pick up the package. They don't even leave the package at the post office closest to us; we have to go to the one on the other side of town.

What really ticks me off about all this is that they're doing it while me or my wife is home! Sometimes we're BOTH home, and when I go out to check the mail, lo and behold, another peach slip. No knock. No doorbell. No effort.

I called and asked USPS why they weren't doing their job. They say that the "delivery point" is the front of the building, and for "safety" reasons, mailmen don't have to go anywhere besides the delivery point. So since our door is at the rear of the building, we're screwed. They recommended that we install a doorbell at the front of the building so we can run around the building every time they have a package. I wonder if the lazy idiot who delivers our packages would even ring the new doorbell if we have one installed. Not that I think it's going to happen, since I've been nagging my landlord for months and I've gotten nowhere.

Isn't there some kind of law that should protect me from this kind of idiocy? If me and my wife are paying taxes to fund USPS, shouldn't they be required by law to actually deliver packages?

• Ci
    cisco_s Mar 01, 2010

My postman never comes to my door, which is about 15 steps from my mail box. Just leaves a slip "Sorry we missed you". I'm sure it takes him longer to write the information on the slip, than it would be to just walk to the door and press the doorbell button. I wonder if they fill out those slips in the morning before even taking off for deliveries?

To drive to my local post office involves about an hour out of my time in a day.

• Ka
    Kaliff Apr 20, 2010

Recently sent thirteen (13) flat rate boxes from Oregon to Hawaii. All arrived damaged some totally squashed, broken, and water damaged. Much of the contents were ruined, broken or damaged. In 40 plus years of shipping by various means this was the worst. These guys are terrible and I would warn anyone to reconsider before using their services. They should go out of the package shipping business, period.

• Pu
    Puskole Apr 26, 2010

I mailed a package to FL and 80% of its content was stolen! I have filed a complaint 3 times and no one has followed up with it. The employees keep on passing me around and no one seem to even care to direct me to the right person.

• ScamBusters96 Apr 26, 2010

Have you tried the postmaster?

• Dr
    Dragona26 May 14, 2010

I have express mail letter that I sent on December 30, 2009 thatwas to be deliverd on January 2, 2010 which still has not been delivered. I can not get a satisfactory answer as to what happened to it and it still as of this writing has not been delivered.

• Tr
    Trubane May 19, 2010

They don't ship on time or I don't know if they really would ship my items. I ordered them over one month ago and Amazon indicated that it will arrive 18-26 days but I'm still clueless until now. And their customer service is so slow. They'd even tell me to wait up to 6 months. Junk USPS ! My items shopped at Amazon and was shipped via DHL was delivered on time. 2-4 days really meant 4 days unlike f***ing USPS.

Miguel (Mike) Arrieta May 24, 2010

Last saturday May 22, 2010 the alternate mailman in my community did not delivered my mail. Instead without even attenping to deliver the mail ( he stayed on the street side away feom the mail box) he kept doing the route. Afterward when he saw me doing some tree trimming four houses away from my home hrwanted to give me the mail.
    As you can see I was going up and down in a ladder and could not get my mail beacuase I had no place to put it at the moment. I told him to put it in the mail box but he did not do it.
    I dont Know if this guy is somebody best friend at the USPS branch in Trujillo Alto PR 00976, But when iI went personally to put my complaint althoug I gave all my persnal Info. The supervisor Ana V. Guzman dind not gave me the mailman name.
    Im a retired person and Im worried with this person attitude, I feel as if my pension check will get lost, if he keep having this behavior.
    This person should be moved from my community. I have talked with othters neighboors and they have others compaints .

Miguel A Arrieta
    Montebello Estates
    4 St. # E-3
    Trujillo Alto, P.R.

annoyed with dummies Jun 02, 2010

• Up
    upstate ny Jun 14, 2010

Why don't the USPS mail carriers get out of the car to deliver packages to my door? I have a covered porch that i have no problem with them leaving it on. She just pulls in and lays on the horn. Today, I jumped out of the shower to try to catch her and she pulled away without leaving my package or any of my mail. Not even a slip...

• Br
    brandonsnhl Jul 07, 2010

This happens to us too. I contacted the USPS and they sent me the "Duties and Responsibilities" of the mail carrier. It states: "If a parcel is too large fort the box, make a reasonable effort to attract the customer to the box to receive the parcel. Do this by sounding the horn or by hailing the customer. If unsuccessful, you MUST (emphasis added) deliver parcels to any residence or business that is on the line of travel, or within one-half mile of the route and has a passable road leading to it. You are REQUIRED (emphasis added) to dismount to effect delivery if there is no response to your efforts to have the customer come to the vehicle, or if the customer requests that you do so."

They don't have to knock but they "MUST" bring the parcel package to the door if a customer requests.

I'm sending a copy of this to my Postmaster and leaving a copy in the box for our mail carrier. Hopefully this will resolve the issue. If not I'm not sure what else to do.

• Mn
    Mnila11 Sep 11, 2010

To file a real complaint regarding a crime, such as stolen items from the mail, go to www.uspsoig.gov. It is evident that most people run to the internet and post stupid items of complaints instead of reporting it to the proper agency for a real investigation. This is what we get with the Facebook and Twitter Generation! Ya'll have no clue.

• Fe
    FedUp Jan 11, 2011

I have the same issue. A few months ago I installed CCTV equipment outside my house. So far every time I have a signature package the Postman has never knocked or rang the doorbell. In fact he has the pickup slip filled out before he ever gets to my mailbox, which is located just outside my front door. I have complained about this on each occurrence and gotten no resolution whatsoever. What really makes me mad is when I schedule a pickup and I get an email stating they attempted a pickup when they never even knocked. I have several instances on video. I don't know what the deal is with these quazi bureaucrats, but it is hight time these executives got rid of the attitude and started doing the job.

Mike2380 Jan 20, 2011

There deliver my package to someone else who signed my name.
    If you have package comming from another country to the USA spent the extra money use UPS, Fedex anyone but USPS. USPS cannot deliver.

• Yo
    yourmommasmomma Jan 21, 2011

post office idiots don't appreciate their jobs and have no accountability, the ups and fed-ex guys are a private business and the carriers are accountable for their actions.
    and annoyed with dummies your a [censored] bag and prove the mentality we are arguing about.

• Fe
    FedUp Jan 21, 2011

"we don't go to your back door for safety reasons. and your taxes do not fund the USPS, your stamps fund the postal service. show me another company that will deliver something thousands of miles away for 44 cents."

I beg your pardon. USPS has borrowed billions from the tax payers to operate and hasn't even put a dent in paying it back. It is just semantics. USPS is a separate entity, but is not and will never be weened off tax payer money. The only real reason you are still in business is because the politicians want to preserve their classified mail and the Military Mail delivery system. floating around the world. I'd rather see the government award a contract with UPS or Fedex as support such a ridiculous excuse for Postal Service.

• Kr
    Krewvo Feb 13, 2011

No postal charges are being shown on letters and parcels sent over from the US to Europe, by US Postal Service. This is a cause of alarm, because sellers abuse of this, and charge postage, as much as they like.

• De
    debenllc Feb 23, 2011

New 2011 USPS FRE changes that the FRE CANNOT be thicked than 3/4" is ridiculous. The USPS motto on the package: "If it fits; it ships" is now a misleading false advertisement!

ArRuralSub Mar 19, 2011

This is where you could use "restricted certified" then you must show "id" and sign;)

ArRuralSub Mar 19, 2011

you do realize that dhl ships via usps don't you?;)

• Hl
    Hlonipani Masunungure May 05, 2011

I sent an express mail envelope to Zimbabwe on 4/18 oand was promised it will arrive in 3 and a half days.It just got there yesterday 5/4.I wonder where it was all this time from Chicago on 4/19 till 5/4.Can someone explain to me.The letter is question is EG [protected] US.Someone needs to reimburse me the letter got there too late for the purposes the contents were intended to serve.

• Jk
    JKDE May 05, 2011

You have to go to the Post Office where you mailed it from with the express mail receipt. They will reimburse the cost if it didn't get there in time.

• Fi
    Firehouse Oct 12, 2011

I have to got get all my packages at the post office 10 miles away as they tell me it is an unsafe dismount to deliver. UPS and Fedex both deliver packages to my door and can turn around a truck in my driveway. I complained to the Post Office and they just laugh...They even will not deliver their premium service packages...Enjoy your unemployment folks...There is no service

• Us
    USPS Feb 03, 2012

I have sent a gift to my sister who is in Uttarakhand through USPS priority international mail onDec 05 2011, till now they did not receive it. I want to complain about the customs clearance in India...Here in IL it is been dispached but in india

• Kj
    k.j111 Jun 08, 2012

POSTAL DRIVER NEVER DELIVER PACKAGE WHEN SCEDULE FOR DELIVERY I CHECKED DELIVERY CONFIRMATION AT END OF DAY SAYS NOTICE LEFT NO NOTICE IN DOOR HOME ALLDAY NO KNOCK ON DOOR ITS JUST ONE PATICULAR

• Dk
    dknn May 31, 2013

Daphne, AL USPS gave my package to the WRONG house. It was something from China. Awesome. So the guy's solution was "I will call you back." No, you won't. And he didn't. He knew they f'ed up.

• Ho
    Howrider Jul 16, 2013

The stupid postal service can't deliver mail to the right place..It was sent to the wrong post office..How dumb is that...

jamd12 Aug 30, 2013

these stupid usps people need to be fired. They dont know how to do their job right. You know how many times they said they delivered a package but i never got and then i complain to the post office and they said that there is nothing they can do cause it said delivered. when they do stupidness like this they should dock their pay. Idiots striking and they cant do their job right. How do they expect more pay when they should be fired.

• Ta
    taktalaok May 21, 2014

They didnt knock on my door, im 100% sure about that, i am home all day, eagerly waiting excited to see my package because it is a microphone i wanted to use immediately so i have my ears on the door. i know that my package will be delivered anytime that day because thats what the online tracking says so. i even go out from time to time looking and trying not to miss it. my apartment is far away from the mailboxes though so that explains something to me. so okay, at 11:30 a.m. i went out to check my mailbox and there i saw they leave a "sorry we missed you" letter in my mailbox, probably similar to what you guys recieved. i wqs so disappointed. ok, because im so excited to see my microphone i am wiling to pick it up from the office that same day, but i was so upset because i cannot pick it up for the next 3 days as stated on the note. it is 5-21 today, supposed to be the delivery date, the note says "available for pick-up after 5-22". i wonder where my package would be all that time. Why bring the package in their van they wont intend to deliver? Do they realize this non-sense? To me that is a real stupidity.

• Uk
    uknowimrighton Jul 20, 2014

Absolutely 100% agree! This happens not only with USPS but with UPS as well, although, luckily, where I used to live I was able to sit by the deck window and WATCH the delivery guys pull up outside the apartment so I had the ability to ambush the sucker before he just scanned the package and drove off. Most of the time, though, I had to drive to the next town over to pick up my package from the PO or the UPS/Fedex distribution center.

I lived overseas in both Europe and Japan and let me tell you, Americans just don't do their jobs. The foreign delivery guys were polite, courteous, and ALAWAYS ring the bell and/or knock because the only person who's handling the mail for that route is THEM so there's no incentive to having to drive back out to the resident's house to do a re-delivery. There's no holding packages unless you have to go to customs to verify/pay duties. We're supposed to be the greatest nation on earth - then why is our Customer Service more like, meh, if you're rich, then we'll kind of sort of maybe treat you better than pond ###?

Let's put it this way, I'm not wanting to come home. Even if there is a massive language barrier, at least the service workers are polite!

• Cd
    Cdodds Oct 24, 2014

We live in Florida too, Daytona Beach. USPS started giving us the EXACT same problems 1 year ago when our carrier retired. They keep not delivering our packages, no knock, no notice ... then when we try to track the package it says "delivery attempted, knocked and notice left". No one knocked. There is no notice at the door nor in our box. We were even waiting by the front door when it says they tried to deliver. This is ridiculous because they do the exact same thing every time, or they leave it by the door and it gets stolen. We had 3 packages stolen in the past year from USPS, 5 packages were delivered beat up to the point that the contents were hanging out, and most do not even get delivered ... just a note saying they tried at a certain time when we are waiting by the front door and NO ONE came by.

Mill Branch Jan 16, 2015

I frequently receive my neighbors mail and I have had several "lost" packages. The postal staff, Mr. Crawley, is rude and condescending when I call to inquire about undelivered shipments. Very disappointing!

• Ms
    msmllm Jan 26, 2015

I have been expecting an important package as it is 2 weeks late. I received a notice in my mailbox to pick the package up at The Downtown Station as Sorry We Missed You! I was home and so was my husband. We didn't hear a knock at the door or a toot from the horn. We live in the country and we have to make a trip to town because they didn't want to take the time to deliver it to us. They really don't seem to care that we have to waste our gas and time to pick up something they should have delivered. This has happened quite a lot. The next time I see the mailman driving his vehicle, I will question him on this matter. Mailmen make a good salary and should try to do their job.