Complaints & Reviews

Charges for account not used — Unauthorized charges

I received a flyer in the mail in December advertising free stamps by printing at home. This information was very unclear, but I wanted to check it out. I went online to check it out and see how it worked, so I had to create an account. I tried to print the free stamps included, but it didn't work right and I just decided it wasn't for me. I had no idea that they were charging me every month for the account. This was very unclear, and the account wasn't even being used. I normally pay attend to subscription type accounts, but this was very misleading and they did not even communicate with me since December. I deleted my account once I realized I had been charged for 3 months. I called customer service, but they were not able to refund me. I am normally not one to complain, but I feel very mislead and scammed. I would like my full refund back for those 3 months. I was charged on January 21, February 18, and March 16. I did receive $9 refund for the month of March.

Rachel Veteto

subscription plan

Accidentally automatically enrolled in monthly subscription service four months ago and only recently noticed the charge on my credit card. Not able to cancel subscription online. Called customer service and was told plan was canceled but it is still active. Unable to remove my credit card information from profile online. Customer representative told me I would receive a call from "corporate" to receive a refund but have not been contacted.

charge made to my bank account

I had signed up for the 4 week trial and on the second day I called to cancel my account. They had sent me a confirmation code which all this happened over a month ago so I no longer have the email but I wish I did because today I got a charge of $17.99 to my bank account by Stamps.com EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY CANCELED MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER USED IT!!! And of course I tried to call as soon as I found out a charge was made(11pm) but today is Friday and after 6pm so they are closed and they have NO after hours support so I won't be able to call and complain until Monday at 6am. Very bad company. This is a scam! I want my money back!

unauthorized credit card charges, difficult to cancel the service

Stamps.com charged me a monthly fee for 2.5 years without sending any notification emails or receipts to make me aware of the charges—I just happened to spot it one month on my...

Not Reliable!

I thought that this company could help us in our new business. I was completely mistaked. this company built a simple software that just cause you problems and waste of money. I shipped an envelope that never was delivered to the destination and my option was the USPS insurance... For sure I could never get this money back because they don't give you any support (of course, they want to sell you their own insurance). Second problem... I printed an international postage and my local postman took the package. The package was 1 inch larger than standards, and the postman brought the package back. I had to cancel that postage, print another updated and correct one and give him to take it to the post office again. I asked for the refund of the wrong one, now I knew that they refused to pay me back! Dearest Customer, try another way to ship your merchandise! Go to hell with your dawn refunds policy Stamps.com! I'll cancel my account asap!

Not Reliable!

Cannot cancel Stamps.com

I signed up for Stamps.com under a promotional offer of free postage after a trial period. From the beginning, it was NOT as promised. It took over 2 months to get...

let's start a class-action lawsuit against this company

This company never notified me that they would charged a monthly service of $15.99 for the same services that you can get for free directly from USPS.com. Stamps.com not only...

Fraudulent and deceptive

I went to the Stamps.com site to find out what their services cost and whether their software worked on mac's. I had to create a login to get the information. By then they considered me a customer and started charging me for the service without me confirming I actually wanted to use it. As soon as you send for the "free" kit you are signed up. I thought they were just confirming that I wanted the service but no, they were charging me for a service I didn't want.

I decided that their price was too high for my small usage and would not have signed up. I don't know how they got my credit card. Ordinarily I stop at the point where a website asks for a credit card.
I don't want to retrace their website to see how I fell into their trap.

They won't let you cancel online. They make you call during Their business hours. They say it is for security but the "security questions" they wanted verified could have been asked online. Finally I called to cancel the service. They still expect me to pay for 2 months of service I never used.

Filling Out a survey for game points.

So my husband filled out a survey for Stamps.com so he could get some points for a game he plays. He never included anything other then his e-mail and name. Just yesterday we get an alert from our bank that we had a withdrawal from Stamps.com. I asked my husband about it because he has signed up for things before and not told me, but this time it wasn't something he signed up for.

After talking a bit he said that he did take a survey for them but he never remembered giving them anything other then then his e-mail and his name. Well from just that they were able to get the bank information and other information about him.

Apparently there was also a "trial period" that apparently came with him filling out the survey. Like I said above last night we were charged for it. So warning NEVER fill out a survey for stamps.com they will some how get your information and charge you for a service you don't want or plan to ever use. The only good thing was that after calling the number on the website and got a refund but that isn't stopping me from warning the rest of you about this.

• Stamps-ComCorp Dec 19, 2011

Hi NightPrincess88,
    Stamps.com would like to apologize for the customer experience you encountered. It is important to note that Stamps.com NEVER offers any form of incentive to complete a survey for our company. If we do conduct a survey, it would be sent to our existing customers asking them to comment on our software features or alert us about possible new features they would like added to the software. That survey would come from Stamps.com and would not include any reference to a third party like you stated... "points for a game he plays."

From the experience you described, it sounds like a third party sent you a survey and misrepresented itself as Stamps.com. As I stated above, this would be an unauthorized action and would NOT BE APPROVED by Stamps.com.

The only way to sign-up for a Stamps.com account is to come to the site and manually input personal information including credit card details. In our account registration process, Stamps.com describes our billing process in detail including how our 4 week trial works. Based on the experience you described, it sounds like someone fraudulently used your personal information and signed-up for a Stamps.com account without your knowledge.

So we can better assist you, could you please call our Stamps.com Customer Support team at 1-888-434-0055 (open Mon-Fri, 6am to 6pm PT)? Our support team will research your account and determine what type of action needs to be made.
    Sincerely,
    Eric
    Stamps.com

Unauthorized monthly charges after free trial without noticing me

I have been charged by stamps.com for 15.99 for the past 15 months without me knowing it. when I called them they claimed it is a valid charge and would not credit back even one...

Unauthorized Charged after FREE TRIAL

I have been unscrupulously charged by stamps.com resulting from a FREE TRIAL offer. I received an advertisment for their FREE TRIAL service over a year ago. While reconciling my...

Fradulent billing

I accepted a 30 day free trial of Stamps.com. There was no mention that there was a monthly fee associated with the service even after the free trial. The first correspondence I received from them. one week later, indicated that after the free trial there would be a recurring monthly fee. I attempted to cancel that day, having never tried the service at all, in any way. All I had done was to download their "free" software. Two days later I received my credit card bill with their monthly charge included. I already had a cancellation confirmation number and a statement saying that there were no charges against the cancelled account.

Do not get involved with this company. Now I see that there are many similar complaints against them. If only I had looked them up befor I accepred their "free" trial.

• Stamps-ComCorp May 18, 2012

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Stamps.com. Stamps.com offers a four week no-risk trial so that you may use our online postage service and determine if the service fits your mailing and shipping needs. Please note that we DO NOT offer a "free trial" -- our trial is labeled as "no risk trial." We do not mention the words "free trial" on any advertisement or on our site.

If you do not like the Stamps.com service, you may cancel at any time during the four week trial period and you will not be charged any subscription fee for using the service.

However if you do not cancel the Stamps.com service and go past your four week trial period, you will be charged $15.99 for using the service during that first "trial" month. After you pass the four week trial period and become a regular customer, you will be charged $15.99 each month moving forward. You may cancel at anytime -- there is no long term agreement.

During the registration process for Stamps.com and before a customer's account has been created, (on the page called “Postage Account Credit Card Authentication”) all prospective customers will see the following text:

Why do you need my credit card information?
    Your credit card is required by the USPS to set up your USPS postage account. Your credit card will not be charged unless you buy additional postage or Stamps.com products, or if you continue past the NO-RISK 4-week trial period.”

We provide and disclose terms that we do expect all potential customers to read, review, and agree to before they create their accounts. Accounts cannot be created without customers indicating that they have read the terms by clicking on the “I Agree” box.

From your comment, it sounds like you did cancel the service and received a cancellation number but continued to be charged. We would be happy to review your account and credit any charges for the period after you received your cancellation number.

Please e-mail us your full name and phone number to [email protected] so we can investigate the billing history and communicate back to you.
    Sincerely,
    Eric

• Du
    Dutchmen Nov 12, 2014

haha. Lawyers. ^^^

They expect everyone else not to have a life and read the fine print. Not that it matters because its all up for interpretation anyway. Like it depends on what the word "the" means. haha ei. "No Risk Trial" is different than "Free Trial". Like what could " No Risk" mean? They won't kill you if you cancel. Its stupid & annoying.

I had the same experience as Richard. These guys are not serious about business.
    I mean, look at their website and icons. It feels like the windows 95 hello world experience all over again.
    THERE BUSINESS PLAN IS TO SUCK OUT $15.99 WITH VAGUE WORDING AND TO MOVE ON!!!

I forgot that I couldn't live life trusting people. Thanks for reminding me stamps.com

It does not allow use by people who use MAC operating system

This is a GREAT idea which is disappointingly incomplete simply because it does not allow use by people who use MAC operating system.  While emulation software will allow it, the whole point of MAC is to get away from Windows OS problems.  So, until this is also for Mac users (66% market share of ALL computers over $1, 000), I'll skip it.  I did email back and forth with customer/tech service, and was very impressed with the quick response time, excellent and personal reply, and the completely professional reply. The interface seems great, customer service was AWESOME.

• Stamps-ComCorp Jul 26, 2010

Matchstik,

Stamps.com will have a solution for Mac users soon. If you are shipping packages, you can use Stamps.com right now with ReadyShipper from TrueShip.com (additional subscription fees required).

We've had a lot of customers use Stamps.com on emulation software/parallels successfully. Here is important info should you change your mind and decide to run Stamps.com on your machine using Windows:

-- In order to run Stamps.com on Mac, customer must be on an OSX Mac Operating System.

-- Please be aware that newer Macs have the ability to start up and run Microsoft WINDOWS operating system so they do not need to use an emulator - specifically, these Macs must have both a Windows boot up option installed (e.g., a Mac program called Parallels Desktop, or Apple's Boot Camp 3) and they also must have an installable version of Microsoft's Windows XP or Vista running under that boot up on their Mac. Boot Camp can only run on Intel-based Macs.

-- Customer must have a license and copy of the Microsoft WINDOWS operating system in order to be able to use our software natively on the Intel-based Macs: Windows XP or Vista.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at social(at)stamps.com. Thanks!

Thanks!
    Chuck

Unauthorized Billing Even After Canceling Service

I cancelled the account the very day after receiving the trial offer and have been billed since Aug 2007 the amount $17.99. My husband who handles our bills did not flag it till recently I went over our bills and noticed the fraudulent charges for services I have never used. There should be a class action suit made against them considering the number of like complaints against them. BE AWARE!!!

• Sh
    shane86 Jun 03, 2010

I represent an attorney in Tennessee that handles consumer protection class action cases across the United States for individuals in situations similar to this one.

We have recently been made aware of this company, Stamps.com, and the complaints about account maintenance, billing errors, and other issues regarding customer accounts and service. We are investigating the potential to file a consumer class action against this company to bring them before the people and answer for their actions.

Please contact our firm to discuss the situation and the possible consumer class action case at (901) 759-3900 or (800) 485-8049. You may also email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Charging me for something I never used

I went online to see for the trial offer and called and cancelled. The next thing I know I received a CD in the mail. I never looked at the CD I just through it in the garbage. I...

Stamps.com is full of false advertising

Stamps.com is full of false advertising. Their ads promise you no hassle, low cost mailing, "without having to pay for a meter". In reality, you pay a monthly fee, you can't simply "print postage", unless you print a full envelope with address details. If you want to print stamps, you need to buy stamp paper from them (for a hefty price). If you want to print parcel postage - you need special lables from them (ditto on the price), and if you want to send international first-class mail - you CAN'T, because you either need their specialty stamp paper, or the program treats your mailing as a package, and you need to print out export forms (for a birthday card...)!

We tried them at our office, and went back to our postage meter and USPS Online - it's cheaper and less hassle.

• Gr
    grendll Mar 30, 2010

In response to the below text, I would like to warn people. Even if you get through to Stamps.com to cancel your account and they tell you your account is closed (over the phone and with confirmation via email); Don't believe a word they say. Keep an eye on your monthly credit card charges. Do not assume that even if you don't see charges from them, they're done with you. We've been trying to close our account for about a year. We have been given confirmation that it has been closed and yet, 2 months after closing it, we continue to get billed.
    The only way to stop the charges is to dispute them every month with your credit card company. Everytime a charge is reversed, the offending company has to pay a fee. I know it's a hassle, but for now it is the ONLY way to keep them from charging you.
    Oh, by the way. If you cancel your credit card, you will receive collection notices from Stamps. They will wear you down and you might be tempted, like me, just to pay the month they say they will minimize the charges to, but you have to open another account to pay them. You might be like me and say, "I don't want another account, give me a different way to pay." You can try this until you're blue in the face. They will not accept payment any way other than setting up another account.
    Right now, I'm complaining to the BBB of Los Angelos (where Stamps.com is headquartered). I have also informed my credit card company to be on the lookout for any further fraudulent charges from Stamps. They work on my behalf to kick those charges out. I suggest that every does the same.

"Posted: 2008-05-14 by Debra A. Young [send email]

Don't waste your money!
    I found a way to cancel. There is a Stamps.com phone number on the Better Business Bureau Los Angeles site. As of May 14, 2008 there were 736 complaints regarding this issue on BBB. It is impossible to get through the 1-888 customer service number. To cancel, call (310) 482-5800. Press �..."

Worst website and lack of service ever

Sorry this is going to be really long but I promise worth reading. It's not just a gripe session but a valid complaint.

I've been printing postage online for several years now, for business and personal use. I generally use USPS.com because they are the Unites States post office and are fairly easy to use. Not perfect by any stretch but certainly accessible and it does save me a trip to the post office. But if I want to print exact first class postage, I have to go to the post office. If I want to do that online, they send me to stamps.com. That's where the fun begins.

Today, I decided I didn't want to put 3 stamps on an envelope that only required two plus a few cents more postage. So I go for the "free trial" at stamps.com which promises the moon and delivers absolutely nothing!!!

First, I learned after registering for my "free trial, " that this wasn't my first time registering with these dolts. Then I remember, oh yeah, I did sign up with them before, and cancelled because I couldn't figure out how to use their freakin' crazy software. Every single thing I clicked on wanted to sell me some product. Nowhere could I find a page to just print my first class postage. So I click the help button for printing postage to envelopes. I get this whole list of "problems" to choose from and not one addressed how to simply print some first class postage on a label to attach to my envelope, or to print directly to my envelope. How about some simple instructions to print postage people?!!!

So they suggest you sign up for one of their webinars, which by the way, are handled by third party trainers and are fee based!!!

I just want to print $1.22 in postage today, not pay for a class tomorrow on how to use stamps.com!!!

Trying to buy $1.22 in postage from them was 100 times worse, more frustrating and time consuming than getting in my car, driving to the local P.O., standing in line for fifteen minutes to get my envelope weighed and postage applied.

BTW, the whole reason I wanted to use an onlive service to begin with is not because I'm a fat lazy pig who just wants to sit in my chair all day. I'm disabled with nerve damage from a botched surgery a few years ago. Printing postage online would be a huge service to me as getting in an out of my car is not easy, and standing in a line at the post office is extremely painful and sets me back for a couple of days. I have to schedule my outings very carefully just to function from day to day.

Stamps.com would be a fabulous service - if they offered any service. Oh, and there's no contact information anywhere, which is the most frustrating thing of all. What kind of company gives no physical address or even an email contact form? With something like this, you'd think there would be some simple connections, like "click here for technical support." I had a heckuva time finding a phone number and couldn't tell you where I did finally find it - I doubt I'd find it again.

Then when I called to cancel the "service" for lack of service, the poor telemarketer has to give his spiel to try to get me to stay with them. I said if they just had a live chat or an email address or even a snail mail address where I could send my concerns and know that I was heard, I'd probably give them a shot again. He was not very well trained - think it was his first day on the job. He should have said, "Ma'am, tell me what you'd like to convey to stamps.com and I'll be sure management gets your message." I asked the guy, "can you give me an address where I can write to them to express my concerns, or an email address or something?" He tells me all he has is an address for billing!

Sorry about all the !!! - get the idea I'm more than a bit frustrated?

Here's the bottom line for me, they don't give a damn whether I'm their customer or not. Obviously they have enough other customers who don't have any problem using their site they don't need my $15.99 per month. What's one customer to them? Sorry stamps.com, we all know word of mouth is the best - or worst - advertising and I'm telling the world I'm not happy with you!

I've been using the Internet for at least 15 years and don't usually have problems figuring things out. But this one made me crazy today.

I really, really hate complaining. I love to encourage and compliment people and companies when they do a good job. It takes a lot for me to give a company a negative rating. I hope somebody at stamps.com reads this and things improve. I'd love to use their service AND give them a great rating. Come on stamps.com, you can do it!!!

My recommendation, until they get these issues resolved (if ever, ) go to the post office.

annee

frauhulent misrepresentation of service and failure to clearly disclosure terms

Stamps.com is a licensed agent of the United States Postal Service Stamps.com clearly identifies its software and additional items e.g. postage scale as "free" (plus shipping...

fraud

I note a complaint herein that is identical with what was recently done to me although the writer feels that USPO authorizes this crumb crud outfit ripping people off - that would be incorrect. The con job is in using USPO info (note the subtle indirect difference in the logos) to entrap the innocent victims they snare. You get a shpiel about getting stamps with a flick of your keyboard to save you from going to the post office but then comes the "trap". In all the mumbo jumbo, unless you read and re-read (and even then) you are "hit" with a monthly fee - like me as of July 2009 - for $20.00 per month they draw right out of your bank account for...READY? !!SERVICE FEES!!

Yes folks, not postage, not a piggy bank from which to draw postage stamps but...SERVICE FEES in order to purchase, say a 45 CENT STAMP!! A real deal eh? Why would anyone pay a monthly fee of $20.00 to buy postage stamps? Even if you used $100.00 worth of stamps a month why the heck would anyone want to spend an added $20.00? Why not just go to the P.O. and buy a postage meter which is what large outfits do. RIP OFF IS AN UNDERSTMENT WITH THIS OUTFIT. And it is very difficult to get rid of the charge eh?
DON'T GET RIPPED OFF. DOWN WITH STAMPS.COM

• Pa
    Pat Dec 17, 2008

My experience here has been one of loosing considerable money as they do not refund on shipping labels that did not print, etc. I believe this definately is fraud and it should be stopped...where are the officials & why haven't they done something about these scam artists?

I have tried to contact Stamps.com at least on 12 occasions in the last 10 days with no response. Oh yes, I get the recorded message that they are overloaded with calls and to hang on until a customer service operator can get to you...problem is I have waited up to an hour several times and no one ever answers the call.

ARE THEY STILL IN BUSINESS?????????

I have also send emails with no results so at this point I'm thinking there has got to be something else going on!
    Where's my refund...I want to close this account but can't as I can't reach them...what to do next?

• Na
    naturaljim Oct 26, 2009

You can't go to the Post Office and "buy" a postage meter. By law, the only people that can "own" them are the companies that make them. They in turn "rent" them to businesses for a monthly fee. If you think the monthly service fee from Stamps.com is bad, check out the fees for monthly rental from Pitney Bowes and FPMailing Solutions. You not only have monthly rental fees, but rate adjusment fees, scale rental fees, special ink for their special printer etc. Not saying that stamps.com is better, but if that is all you are being charged consider yourself lucky.

won't cancel account keep charging

I signed up for a trial account with Stamps.com. My first "free" postage did not print. I tried to contact them and they never replied. I tried subsequently to cancel my service during my trial period. It did not get cancelled. My bill is now up to over $120.00. I keep trying to cancel, they keep sending bills and I return them stating to cancel the account. I cannot get through on the phone. Why is my account still open so that they keep charging the monthly fee. Wouldn't a normal business cancel my account due to non payment. HOW DO I GET THIS TO STOP??????

Won't let you cancel your membership

This shady business sent me software that didn't work after I signed up online. Then, when I tried to cancel online, it wants me to call some 1-800 number at 6am on Monday. It is totally shady to only allow cancellations by phone, for a business whose ENTIRE goal is to do business online. It's transparent that they will do anything they can to just bill you extras secretly and then make it impossible to quit. Not to mention, I've gotten tons of spam ever since I signed up. Jerks.

• St
    strewq Aug 07, 2009

Luckily I did not sign the offer. Their stuff is terrible. They won't answer my question about the contract and monthly fee and just keep saying you are going to save tons of money, you have 4 week trial... The CS stuff is very rude and won't listen to you.

I feel very uncomfortable and decide to search the web about this company. There are so many complaint about this company on line.

Never even answer the call again.

Andy Wong Sep 25, 2009

I signed up for the "free" trial service, the software did not work. I called to cancel before the 30 day trial was up, they told me they will extend my trial until September 30th. I called today, September 25, they told me I should have called before September 9th and because I didn't, they have to charge the monthly service fee. I am not crazy, I know exactly what they told me last time, they said "make sure to cancel before September 30th or they will charge the monthly fee". Now they said it's September 9th and that they never said September 30th. What a scam! Don't even bother signing up for their "free" trial. It's hard to cancel (you have to call in and keep saying no 80 times before they give up). The trial is NOT FREE. They will get you somehow. Do not try it.

Scam and lies

I had no idea I was being charged a monthly fee for what I thought was some freebie information from Stamps.com. It was a year before I noticed a 17.99 charge on my card. I called...

unauthorized charges

My husband bought stamps from stamps.com over a year ago. I thought he was continuing to buy from them when I noticed a charge occasionally. My last credit card statement, I noticed 3 distinct charges from Stamps.com. I notified my credit card company as to fraudulent charges and they will notify the company to stop charging my credit card and to refund any fraudulent charges.

• Me
    Melvin Dec 30, 2008

I was charged 17.94 on my Paypal account during the trial period. I called to cancel my account and the representative on the phone told me I would be receiving a refund to my account. After 2 months of no refund, I called again. I was told that there is no one there authorized to give refunds, as they do not offer refunds, and I should be happy that they agreed to cancel my account. I made sure to send everyone on my contact list an email letting them not to fall prey to this company. Also, the 'free' postage was only available after the trial period ended, and the 'free' postage scale actually cost me $10 and I cannot use it without their software (which is only valid with a paid monthly subscription).

• To
    tonyt101 Feb 19, 2010

I did not want the services after looking at site. I was not notified by email about charges etc. I noticed the bank statement charges. I could not get the back charges, either.

• Ph
    Philip Rosewarne Jun 25, 2011

Exactly this is what Stamps.com did to me. I couldn't believe I had been charged $17.99 per month when I neither ordered nor received any stamps, or anything else for that matter, ever!

Said I never canceled

After receiving my credit card statement, I saw a charge for Stamps.com. I tried this (with 30 day free trial). Trial started 2/3 and saw I couldn't use it so I canceled on...

Fradulent hidden charges

I ordered one set of stamps from them for Christmas over 2 years ago and I thought I was done. Checking our monthly credit card bill I was wondering why is my husband ordering so much stamps every month (we pretty much don't use any). He denied buying any so upon further checking, turns out this whole time (>2 years) Stamps.com (charge: SCI*Stamps.com) have been charging me $16.95/month. When I mentioned there was no indication of this charge when I signed-up for the account, they completely dismissed me. To cancel the account they ask all possible secret passwords: i.e. city you grew up in, your first pet... SCAM!!!

• Al
    Aline Arroyo Jul 31, 2009

The same happened to me I was charged $20 USD monthly even though I never used the service, I only open an account but never ordered anything. When I called to cancel they charged me another 8 dollars cancellation fee. When a told them i never ordered anything they didn't care. So at the end I lost 50 dollars and never bought a stamp.
    Somebody should get a lawyer and sue them

Aline Arroyo, Ladson, SC.

Monthly Fees

Stamps.com web site is a company that has used flagrant deception to bilk customers out of $20 per month monthly fees. They have set up their web site to be difficult and confusing so that you don't even realize you have signed up for monthly charges until you get the bill on your credit card statement. To get information about pricing, I signed up and gave credit card info as I intended to make a purchase. The prices were higher than usps, so I did not make the purchase for shipping materials. They do not disclose on the sign up page that there will be a monthly fee even if no services are used by the customer. and, they provide zero service for their fees. When trying to communicate or cancel, after receiving a bill on my credit card (and then they tell me they have already billed me for 2 additional months), they tell me "tough luck"- it tells you, the customer on the 3rd page in small print that you will be charged. They do not provide cancellation via website even though this is the way one signs up and make customers wait 5-10 minutes for customer service- This company is a scam operation with a misleading web site and should be shut down. I would imagine there are services that they could profess are useable, but this deceptive manner of charging without service is abhorant.

• Sc
    scammed Mar 08, 2009

Same experience exactly. You must be able to open their software to be able to see your account and find out if you are still enrolled, yet if you cannot open their software at all (my experience) even to use the service, you do not have access to your account. Customer service wait times are extreme and they fall back on the "you should have read the fine print" to justify the continuous charging of monthly fees for absolutely no service rendered whatsoever. This company should be criminally investigated.

Awful experience

Internet postage is a wonderful and convenient thing, but Stamps.com gives it a notorious name.

This iniquitous merchandise will always try to trap innocent customers by using 'No Risk', 'No Upfront Costs', '4 Week Trial' as well as 'Free Special Offer' on their promotion material. There is not any line or fine print mentioning the monthly fee or the hidden fee that will be charged for this service on those mailed material. Customer will never know the so called 'No Upfront Costs 4 Week Trial' is never free until they call to cancel the service.

Stamps.com will charge you the monthly fee at the very last second of each billing circle so that even the 'transaction date' for this bill will appear on your credit card statement as the first day of your next billing circle, not to mention the 'post date'. By using this 'smart' tactic, they try to mislead you into believing that they are charging you for the right billing circle and the first 4 week trial would be free.

However when you call to cancel the service, the representative will tell you that the charge (which has the 'transaction date' within the current billing circle) is for the previous billing circle and they will charge you one more time for the current billing circle since the 'No risk 4 week trial' is not free, which sounds like robbery. Should you ask where their terms are, they would direct you to click their 'Site Map' and followed several links to find it. I wonder how many people know where the site map link is.

What's the worse is that you cannot cancel this service by email but only by phone. Meaning if you remember to cancel it outside their normal business hours, you are screwed. You probably will be charged for one more month fee, should the next business day is within the next billing circle.

If you really want to use these services online, there is a very nice one out there with much better price and services. Here I cannot tell you a name for fairness reason. Try to google 'internet postage', the first one of the normal result (not the ads) is always the best one. Hope this review would prevent innocent people from scammers.

sarah_ann_2007 Jun 02, 2010

My husband works third shift so we sleep during the day, I tried remembering to wake up for weeks to call and cancel even though since it is a trial they should call to make sure you wish to continue the membership before they continue billing you every month, yet this is not the case.

sarah_ann_2007 Jun 02, 2010

Check this out from the Better Business Bureau: I quote, "This company's trial offer is only free to the customer if the service is cancelled within the trial period. If the customer elects to keep the service, they are billed for the trial period. According to the company, credits for misprinted postage can only be applied to open accounts. "

Customer cheats

Stamps.com is cheating customers and charging customer without any service or product. In October, I signed up a one-month free trial account with Stamps.com to try their...

Stamps.com (Scic Stamps.com) — fraud, scam

Received cd in mail to try stamps.com online. They offer free postage to get you to try for 30 days. Once you finally find they're terms, it costs $17.99 a month just to use...

Double Billing

I used my corp. Visa card to set up our Stamps.com account and after a few months I had my office manager switch the account to utilize his corp. Visa card. Stamps.com is billing...

Stamps.com / Sci*stamps — Misleading Website

Man, do I feel dumb. I never thought I could fall for such misleading website. I like many others wanted to purchase stamps from the ease of my computer. I also thought printing...

rip-off!

I signed up for a free trial of stamps.com through inboxdollars.com. I never downloaded the software or used any stamps, and I tried multiple times to cancel my account. Their...

SCI Stamps.com — unauthorised withdrawal

I was charged today $17.94 from the above business in which I have never done business or even heard of. I have no Idea how they got my ATM card number. I will change my account later today.

SCI*Stamps.com — fraudulent charges on debit card

For four months I have been charged $17.95. I have no idea who the company is and have not been called by telephone to sign up. I understand from the blogs that there is a...

SCI*Stamps.com — fraud

I have received a pending charge on my debit account for $17.94 from sci*stamps.com. I know this is fraudulent because I have barely used my card for anything lately and have only...

SCI*Stamps.com — Misleading sales leading to credit automatic billing

Stamps.com obviously has made a fortune on individuals and businesses like mine. It apparently started with a phone pitch which lead an employee without authorization to signed...

Mail Fraud

This compamy defrauds you of a minimum of 31.00 the instant you click yes to their lengthy terms of service, for first & last months "service fees". There is NO ADDED BENEFIT to...

rip off

stamps.com will continue to charge your credit card even if you get a new number. I tried to cancel on line, and on the phone. The first phone cancellation they said they...

Don't waste your money!

Do you believe that it is a waste of money to be billed $15.99 per month from an on-line business in exchange for no products, no service? Do you believe that an on-line busine...

Stamps.com is a huge scam!

Stamps.com is a Huge Scam. I have filed complaints with the FTC and the USPS and I suggest everyone do the same. It is very simple, simply visit the website of either the USPS or...