Having problems with Stamps.com?

Stamps.com Customer Service Contacts

Thu6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Stamps.com Customer Service. Initial Stamps.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Stamps.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Stamps.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Stamps.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Stamps.com Complaints & Reviews

Stamps.comStamps.com

Stamps.com never notified me of any recurring charges or service fees. They send fliers in the mail to sign up, and nowhere in the process is it disclosed that there will be a fee. To activate the account, you must call and provide a credit card. They give you a month free so you don't know you've signed up for some recurring fee. Their website hides the service plan fees separately from where your charges and orders are tracked.

Stamps.comOrdering stamps online

I needed some stamps and was told I could order online from the post office. Stamps .com looks a bit like the post office but I after awhile I realized it wasn't and left without ordering anything or signing any agreement. A month later I got a $17.99 charge for a service fee. I called and they agreed to stop any future service fees but refused to refund the current fee. I had to report the fraud and get a new card number which is a bit of a hassle since I have this card on file many recurring charge accounts.

Stamps.comdid not sign up for this service

I just noticed today that there is a charge of $19.40 from Stamps.com; I checked further on my Discover card charges and noticed I have been charged that amount going back to September 8.

I am 80 years old, retired, and do not order stamps, packing materials, and whatever else the company is pushing. I did not sign up for this service and want it stopped and a credit issued to my card.

Stamps.comI never ordered and never used and have been charged over a year { every month} $17.99!

On my master card which I rarely use and lost my online passcode, I finally got reset and was made aware of charges every single month by stamps.com for $17.99! My credit card told me to first try to resolve with you! I want refunded for at least a year of charges and all future charges stopped! This is a Bank Of America card for Danny Roberts [protected] 07/23

Sep 19, 2020

Stamps.com — Monthly fees

I bought stamps one time! I got the stamps and was billed $17... Now I get emails and charges to my account...

Stamps.comMonthly fee

I was charged a fee out of the blue of $75.20. When I called to ask about this they told me that it was a monthly service fee. I did not sign up for a monthly service fee plan. They claim they sent invoices by email each month to pay these "monthly fees" but when I went back and searched my email, I did not have any invoices from stamps.com. So one day they just charge $75.20 with no notice or email. Not cool. This included service fees. Why would I sign up for a service to mail that has a monthly service fee and then when I used the portal (which wasn't often) I said NOTHING about owing money to them. The representative told me that since I closed my account their is nothing they can do about refunding any money back. Of course! What a joke. I will not use stamps.com again or recommend to anyone.

Jul 20, 2020

Stamps.com — Trial account

Back in april, 2020, I decided I needed to find a mechanism to get stamps for personal use because of...

Stamps.comUnauthorized charges

I received a flyer in the mail in December advertising free stamps by printing at home. This information was very unclear, but I wanted to check it out. I went online to check it out and see how it worked, so I had to create an account. I tried to print the free stamps included, but it didn't work right and I just decided it wasn't for me. I had no idea that they were charging me every month for the account. This was very unclear, and the account wasn't even being used. I normally pay attend to subscription type accounts, but this was very misleading and they did not even communicate with me since December. I deleted my account once I realized I had been charged for 3 months. I called customer service, but they were not able to refund me. I am normally not one to complain, but I feel very mislead and scammed. I would like my full refund back for those 3 months. I was charged on January 21, February 18, and March 16. I did receive $9 refund for the month of March.

Rachel Veteto

Stamps.comsubscription plan

Accidentally automatically enrolled in monthly subscription service four months ago and only recently noticed the charge on my credit card. Not able to cancel subscription online. Called customer service and was told plan was canceled but it is still active. Unable to remove my credit card information from profile online. Customer representative told me I would receive a call from "corporate" to receive a refund but have not been contacted.

Stamps.comcharge made to my bank account

I had signed up for the 4 week trial and on the second day I called to cancel my account. They had sent me a confirmation code which all this happened over a month ago so I no longer have the email but I wish I did because today I got a charge of $17.99 to my bank account by Stamps.com EVEN THOUGH I HAD ALREADY CANCELED MY ACCOUNT AND NEVER USED IT!!! And of course I tried to call as soon as I found out a charge was made(11pm) but today is Friday and after 6pm so they are closed and they have NO after hours support so I won't be able to call and complain until Monday at 6am. Very bad company. This is a scam! I want my money back!

Stamps.com — unauthorized credit card charges, difficult to cancel the service

Stamps.com charged me a monthly fee for 2.5 years without sending any notification emails or receipts to make...

Stamps.comNot Reliable!

I thought that this company could help us in our new business. I was completely mistaked. this company built a simple software that just cause you problems and waste of money. I shipped an envelope that never was delivered to the destination and my option was the USPS insurance... For sure I could never get this money back because they don't give you any support (of course, they want to sell you their own insurance). Second problem... I printed an international postage and my local postman took the package. The package was 1 inch larger than standards, and the postman brought the package back. I had to cancel that postage, print another updated and correct one and give him to take it to the post office again. I asked for the refund of the wrong one, now I knew that they refused to pay me back! Dearest Customer, try another way to ship your merchandise! Go to hell with your dawn refunds policy Stamps.com! I'll cancel my account asap!

Not Reliable!

Stamps.com — Cannot cancel Stamps.com

I signed up for Stamps.com under a promotional offer of free postage after a trial period. From the...

Stamps.com — let's start a class-action lawsuit against this company

This company never notified me that they would charged a monthly service of $15.99 for the same services that...

Stamps.comFraudulent and deceptive

I went to the Stamps.com site to find out what their services cost and whether their software worked on mac's. I had to create a login to get the information. By then they considered me a customer and started charging me for the service without me confirming I actually wanted to use it. As soon as you send for the "free" kit you are signed up. I thought they were just confirming that I wanted the service but no, they were charging me for a service I didn't want.

I decided that their price was too high for my small usage and would not have signed up. I don't know how they got my credit card. Ordinarily I stop at the point where a website asks for a credit card.
                    I don't want to retrace their website to see how I fell into their trap.

They won't let you cancel online. They make you call during Their business hours. They say it is for security but the "security questions" they wanted verified could have been asked online. Finally I called to cancel the service. They still expect me to pay for 2 months of service I never used.

Stamps.comFilling Out a survey for game points.

So my husband filled out a survey for Stamps.com so he could get some points for a game he plays. He never included anything other then his e-mail and name. Just yesterday we get an alert from our bank that we had a withdrawal from Stamps.com. I asked my husband about it because he has signed up for things before and not told me, but this time it wasn't something he signed up for.

After talking a bit he said that he did take a survey for them but he never remembered giving them anything other then then his e-mail and his name. Well from just that they were able to get the bank information and other information about him.

Apparently there was also a "trial period" that apparently came with him filling out the survey. Like I said above last night we were charged for it. So warning NEVER fill out a survey for stamps.com they will some how get your information and charge you for a service you don't want or plan to ever use. The only good thing was that after calling the number on the website and got a refund but that isn't stopping me from warning the rest of you about this.

• Stamps-ComCorp Dec 19, 2011

Hi NightPrincess88,
                          Stamps.com would like to apologize for the customer experience you encountered. It is important to note that Stamps.com NEVER offers any form of incentive to complete a survey for our company. If we do conduct a survey, it would be sent to our existing customers asking them to comment on our software features or alert us about possible new features they would like added to the software. That survey would come from Stamps.com and would not include any reference to a third party like you stated... "points for a game he plays."

From the experience you described, it sounds like a third party sent you a survey and misrepresented itself as Stamps.com. As I stated above, this would be an unauthorized action and would NOT BE APPROVED by Stamps.com.

The only way to sign-up for a Stamps.com account is to come to the site and manually input personal information including credit card details. In our account registration process, Stamps.com describes our billing process in detail including how our 4 week trial works. Based on the experience you described, it sounds like someone fraudulently used your personal information and signed-up for a Stamps.com account without your knowledge.

So we can better assist you, could you please call our Stamps.com Customer Support team at [protected] (open Mon-Fri, 6am to 6pm PT)? Our support team will research your account and determine what type of action needs to be made.
                          Sincerely,
                          Eric
                          Stamps.com

Stamps.comUnauthorized monthly charges after free trial without noticing me

I have been charged by stamps.com for 15.99 for the past 15 months without me knowing it. when I called them they claimed it is a valid charge and would not credit back even one penny of the service I never used. I will file a report against Stamps.com with BBB and USPS, and I will write to my US senator and congressman to ask them to try to help legislate against scampers such as Stamps.com. It beats me how some people can rip people off like that and can still sleep at night.

• En
                            entropy.null Apr 28, 2011

As much as I dislike stamps.com.. what sort of responsible person has a recurring charge for 14 MONTHS (over $200!) and doesn't even notice? Do you read your bill? Obviously not, maybe as much as you read stamps.com's terms of trial, where it says you get charged monthly after the first 4 weeks.

• Stamps-ComCorp Mar 28, 2011

JC1,

I would like to apologize for any frustration that Stamps.com may have caused you. If possible, can you please email me at [email protected] so I can investigate this issue for you?

Thanks!
                            Chuck

Stamps.com — Unauthorized Charged after FREE TRIAL

I have been unscrupulously charged by stamps.com resulting from a FREE TRIAL offer. I received an...

Stamps.comFradulent billing

I accepted a 30 day free trial of Stamps.com. There was no mention that there was a monthly fee associated with the service even after the free trial. The first correspondence I received from them. one week later, indicated that after the free trial there would be a recurring monthly fee. I attempted to cancel that day, having never tried the service at all, in any way. All I had done was to download their "free" software. Two days later I received my credit card bill with their monthly charge included. I already had a cancellation confirmation number and a statement saying that there were no charges against the cancelled account.

Do not get involved with this company. Now I see that there are many similar complaints against them. If only I had looked them up befor I accepred their "free" trial.

• Du
                              Dutchmen Nov 12, 2014

haha. Lawyers. ^^^

They expect everyone else not to have a life and read the fine print. Not that it matters because its all up for interpretation anyway. Like it depends on what the word "the" means. haha ei. "No Risk Trial" is different than "Free Trial". Like what could " No Risk" mean? They won't kill you if you cancel. Its stupid & annoying.

I had the same experience as Richard. These guys are not serious about business.
                              I mean, look at their website and icons. It feels like the windows 95 hello world experience all over again.
                              THERE BUSINESS PLAN IS TO SUCK OUT $15.99 WITH VAGUE WORDING AND TO MOVE ON!!!

I forgot that I couldn't live life trusting people. Thanks for reminding me stamps.com

• Stamps-ComCorp May 18, 2012

Hi Richard,
                              Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your experience with Stamps.com. Stamps.com offers a four week no-risk trial so that you may use our online postage service and determine if the service fits your mailing and shipping needs. Please note that we DO NOT offer a "free trial" -- our trial is labeled as "no risk trial." We do not mention the words "free trial" on any advertisement or on our site.

If you do not like the Stamps.com service, you may cancel at any time during the four week trial period and you will not be charged any subscription fee for using the service.

However if you do not cancel the Stamps.com service and go past your four week trial period, you will be charged $15.99 for using the service during that first "trial" month. After you pass the four week trial period and become a regular customer, you will be charged $15.99 each month moving forward. You may cancel at anytime -- there is no long term agreement.

During the registration process for Stamps.com and before a customer's account has been created, (on the page called “Postage Account Credit Card Authentication”) all prospective customers will see the following text:

Why do you need my credit card information?
                              Your credit card is required by the USPS to set up your USPS postage account. Your credit card will not be charged unless you buy additional postage or Stamps.com products, or if you continue past the NO-RISK 4-week trial period.”

We provide and disclose terms that we do expect all potential customers to read, review, and agree to before they create their accounts. Accounts cannot be created without customers indicating that they have read the terms by clicking on the “I Agree” box.

From your comment, it sounds like you did cancel the service and received a cancellation number but continued to be charged. We would be happy to review your account and credit any charges for the period after you received your cancellation number.

Please e-mail us your full name and phone number to [email protected] so we can investigate the billing history and communicate back to you.
                              Sincerely,
                              Eric
                              Stamps.com

Stamps.comIt does not allow use by people who use MAC operating system

This is a GREAT idea which is disappointingly incomplete simply because it does not allow use by people who use MAC operating system.  While emulation software will allow it, the whole point of MAC is to get away from Windows OS problems.  So, until this is also for Mac users (66% market share of ALL computers over $1, 000), I'll skip it.  I did email back and forth with customer/tech service, and was very impressed with the quick response time, excellent and personal reply, and the completely professional reply. The interface seems great, customer service was AWESOME.

• Stamps-ComCorp Jul 26, 2010

Matchstik,

Stamps.com will have a solution for Mac users soon. If you are shipping packages, you can use Stamps.com right now with ReadyShipper from TrueShip.com (additional subscription fees required).

We've had a lot of customers use Stamps.com on emulation software/parallels successfully. Here is important info should you change your mind and decide to run Stamps.com on your machine using Windows:

-- In order to run Stamps.com on Mac, customer must be on an OSX Mac Operating System.

-- Please be aware that newer Macs have the ability to start up and run Microsoft WINDOWS operating system so they do not need to use an emulator - specifically, these Macs must have both a Windows boot up option installed (e.g., a Mac program called Parallels Desktop, or Apple's Boot Camp 3) and they also must have an installable version of Microsoft's Windows XP or Vista running under that boot up on their Mac. Boot Camp can only run on Intel-based Macs.

-- Customer must have a license and copy of the Microsoft WINDOWS operating system in order to be able to use our software natively on the Intel-based Macs: Windows XP or Vista.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at social(at)stamps.com. Thanks!

Thanks!