United States Postal Service [USPS] Logo

United States Postal Service [USPS]

Having problems with United States Postal Service [USPS]?

United States Postal Service [USPS] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 7, 2006. The latest review Package was posted on Jun 7, 2021. The latest complaint residential community parcel box lock broken was resolved on Apr 22, 2018. United States Postal Service [USPS] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 400 reviews. United States Postal Service [USPS] has resolved 138 complaints.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 275 8777 (Customer Care Center)
+1 800 877 8339 (TDD/TTY Relay)
475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW Rm 9431
Thu8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United States Postal Service [USPS] Customer Service. Initial United States Postal Service [USPS] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United States Postal Service [USPS] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United States Postal Service [USPS]. Discuss the issues you have had with United States Postal Service [USPS] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United States Postal Service [USPS] Complaints & Reviews

USPSusps is so incredibly disappointing

USPS is so incredibly disappointing. Unlike UPS or Fedex, they will NEVER leave a package with your neighbor and/or super, or anyone else you may trust. I made an online purchase because I didn't have time/want to go to the store. They made a delivery attempt on 01/21/10, and on the website they say a notice was left. THERE WAS NO NOTICE either on my mail box or by my door. I had to make several phone calls just to find out where my package was.

After trying to pick it up without success, I was only able to schedule a redelivery for tomorrow. Two days later. On the day the package was supposed to be delivered I left a note by my front door asking for the mail man to please leave my package with the neighbor (that ALWAYS works with UPS, and most of the time with Fedex).

I live by myself and am usually not home during the day. So what is my option to receive mail from USPS?? This company should either be closed down or get seriously restructured.

• Mz
      mzbee28 Mar 10, 2011

i can definatley can relate..ive been trying to get them to redeliver for the last three because they say they left a note when they didnt and said they was going to look into and had to wait at least two days for somebody to contact me.just straight ###...and trying to get your package without it..is more of an headache...there just the worst everrrr

United States Post OfficeNot getting my mail

I am having a problem with getting my mail delivered to me the post office is sending certain publications back saying they are not deliverable. One is the pnc bank the other is the enquirer and the other is hoof beats magazine, & horsemen and fair world I pay good money to have these items delivered to my door I have talked to my carrier and I have talked to the branch manager with no results all they say is that they will look into it and never call me back
    Is sure would help if some one could help me
    The branch is the lawrence branch on 4430 mc coy st indianapolis, in [protected] managers name is stan harringto thank you for any help
    Frances h. De mayo
    Home phone is [protected]

• Do
        Dougad Dec 19, 2020

Why is it now when my packages go to Indianapolis In. Then they are to be forward to my local post office in Mccordsville In. They are not but sent to other states instead

Mark Rennels Feb 08, 2012

Van Wert, Ohio Postal service has never been this screwed up, lived here 5 years, , in the Van Wert City Limits, , stopped receiving mail and then they sent a new registration card for a new tenant, ??, filled it out, sent it back, , nothing, , called, , they asked if I had curtains!! lol, Yes, , no mail no bills??, almost missed a Child Support Court date, right, , they should be dissolved and let a Private Service do the work.

• Ra
        Ralph Conner Dec 05, 2011

The post office is putting me out of business!!! Just because they can't run a business doesn't mean that they need to do what eve they can to put me out! I have not received checks for my business that I have been receiving daily for years. Last month I stopped getting them and it cost me $23, 000!!! I can't afford to absorb these kind of blunders by our post office!!! They have passed the buck saying that it is the central office that is doing it, not them!!! Today, 12/5/11 Monday, I received absolutely no mail!!! Not even through away stuff! This is my biggest check day and mail day, and no mail??????? What a scam they are doing under the pretense of rules and organization!!! "I'm mad as hell and am not going to take it any more!!!"

• Ca
        cani Jun 24, 2011

Several times I have not received packages I ordered in mail including items that were sent to me from distant relatives for my birthday. I called several times to complain but all I was told that "lost"" mail ends up at the main office in Arkansas. I have also reason to believe some of my mail has been tampered with from a local employee in Opelouisas, La 70570 by someone named Robin Neal Pickett because he and I had a major falling out a few years ago mainly because he is highly unstable due to his usuage of drugs. It may not be all from him because any unisured package that was sent to me from Maryland, Texas, and Oklahoma I have yet to receive and considering 1 of them is over 4 months overdue I know I will not receive package. I sincerly hope your postal workers. Are nopt steaing mail. If you need to cantact me me email is [email protected] And my cell# is [protected], my name is David Bellard-thanks

• Fr
        FRANCES H. DE MAYO May 18, 2010

I am having a problem getting my mail delivered to me they are sending it back saying it is undeliverable I have talked to the companies that I was not getting my mail from and they are the ones that told me that the post office was sending them back I have talked to pnc bank enquirer horsemen& fair world & hoof beats magazines they all said the same thing undeliverable now I pay good money for this publications and would like to have them I have talked to my branch which is the one in lawrence on 4430 mc coy st indianapolis, in [protected] the manager is stan harrington I talked to him and he said he would call me back he has not I also talked to my carrier and he doesn't know anything about it so maybe you can help me with the problem seeing how nobody else will thank you
        Frances h de mayo
        5690 e fall creek pkwy n dr
        Indianapolis, in [protected]

US Post Office — delivery

We had company whose car was blocking our mailbox (it was past 5:00). Rather than get out of his vehicle or...

USPSincorrect information by rude employee

This was the first time I was using the USPS service being new to the USA. I wanted to send a package to an international destination (India). It was extremely important to have the package delivered to India in no more than 6 business days.

I asked the post office employee for the fastest delivery service. He told me it was express mail which would reach in 3-5 business days. I had heard somewhere that there was an option to ensure that the package would reach in exactly 2 business days, so I asked the employee about it. He rudely responded to me saying that the information hadn't changed in the last one minute and I may be in need of updating my English comprehension skills. I was quite taken aback but sent the package nevertheless. The package hasn't reached India for two weeks and I have had to suffer some losses owing to that.

I later found out that express mail has no time guarantee by itself but the employee did not give me that information. Moreover there exists a global mail service in USPS which guarantees delivery in exactly 1-3 business days (with guaranteed service).

Again, the employee gave me no such information.

In my opinion, this is an example of gross incompetence and rudeness on part of the employee. It isn't a serious enough thing to be reported to the Inspector General, but it has surely been a very humiliating experience for me. Moreover I have lost nearly 30 dollars in exchange for that humiliation.

• Aj
          Ajit2010 May 02, 2010

Ladyscott:

This is the document giving all details for Global Express.

http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/pubs/pub141.pdf (it's a reasonably large file)

The link to this file appears at the bottom of the following page:

• Aj
          Ajit2010 May 02, 2010

Ladyscott: Thank you for your detailed response. I appreciate your effort.

I did check the USPS website though, and India (and that includes the specific city I wanted to send my package to) IS one of the destinations listed for the service I was requesting.

USPSlied to me and refuse to deliver my packages in a timely manner

Last 2 places I've lived they have lied to me and refuse to deliver my packages in a timely manner. Lately this has been what's been pissing me off, I live in an apartment complex now, right, common sense would be ok take it to the leasing office. No, this lazy bum decides to leave a sorry we missed you note in there, because they cant take 30seconds to walk across the damn street! On top of that, I called for an hour straight for nothing but a busy signal, and when I did get through, it's musical phonelines and they say oh we'll have it redelivered for you such n such day. I stayed home all day waiting on the so called promise and the package still isn't here!!! My last place, I worked at night so I was home all day and they had no excuse, they were too lazy to come down the driveway and give me my stuff. You'll quickly leave junk in the box no one cares about, but you won't give me my stuff that is actually important. and they wonder why people email everything or use UPS or FEDEX, THEY ACTUALLY DO THEIR DAMN JOB think about it!!!

USPSstop being jerks

I arrived at my apartment complex mail box area, to find the USPS delivery man still slinging mail into our boxes, at 5:45 PM. I kindly approached the gentleman, and asked if I could get my mail from box# blah. He didn't remove his earplugs to hear me speak; he simply turned around and said, "I can't hand out mail." Mind you, I didn't ask him to hand me anything.

A kind mail delivery person might have locked the main door, and let a woman who has been at work all day, gotten out of her car in the rain to check her mail before heading home, and found that the mail had not yet been completed, unlock her box and check her mail. (I could see the small package I had been expecting all week sitting in my box). But because he "is busy, and behind already." "Alright, I'll wait, " I say. Then he, with a down-speaking tone, said "you'll be waiting a long time." I asked if I could please unlock my box and retrieve the mail that had already been placed in my box, and he said no. I told him I had never been treated so rudely by a USPS person (and that's a feat in itself, as they are routinely rude in every post office of which I've ever been a patron). I told him a formal complaint would be filed, and he cockily spouted off his name and route number, and said "I don't care if you do."

I sat in my car waiting for the guy to finish his already late delivery. Several others arrived to pick up their mail, and were turned away. Meanwhile I was calling the USPS service center for Raleigh 27612, trying to reach a supervisor or answering machine, but it just rang and rang.

What must have been 20 minutes and 5 gallons of gas later, a woman gets out of her vehicle. She approaches the mail man in much the same manner I had 30 minutes prior, and asks to get her mail.

He pushed the main door to the boxes closed and allowed the lady to unlock her box and retrieve her mail.

Fuming, I get out of my car and in front of both individuals I ask "Can I try this again and get my mail since you just allowed another person to get theirs?" He replied, "Did you come up here to argue with me or to get your mail?" To which I replied "I intended to get my mail 30 minutes ago, but when I asked kindly, you were rude to me."

Not liking my telling him exactly how everything had played out, he opened the door again, and said "you won't get your mail now at all." I restated that he had just let someone retrieve their mail in front of my very eyes, and that I didn't understand why he was being such a dick to me. In those words.

He became even ruder stating that he had called his supervisor and that he would be arriving any minute. I said that I would gladly speak to his supervisor.

Suddenly he appeared, took me aside and listened to my experience. As others approached their mailboxes, the supervisor kindly explained that the mailman was still delivering but would be finished in about 30 minutes, and they appropriately said, OK I'll come back. The supervisor then walked back around the corner, retrieved my mail, brought it to me, and apologized for the encounter. I told him that had the worker not been so rude, I would have walked away as others had. But at 5:45PM on a 10 hour work day, in the rain, the mail man had met his match in me. YOU DELIVERY MAIL TO THE PUBLIC BUT MAKE MORE MONEY THAN MOST OF IT. DON'T BE A JERK.

• Ki
              KixStar Apr 29, 2010

Wah. People like you who ### about the USPS are the reason they are going bankrupt. Don't ###, and start using FedEx or UPS for your precious packages.

USPSthe worst delivery service i've ever used in my whole life

The worst delivery service I've ever used in my whole life!!!

Stupid seller used USPS to send me the goods (international shipping), and absolutely no progress have been updated on their website for the past 4 days!

I don't even know if my item has left USA.

And whenever I tried to call them (mind you, I am making expensive‘International phone calls’ here), the stupid auto-voice-recognition answers it, and I never get to speak to any of real people.

I've tried to email them and of course, they are saying 'email is temporality unavailable'. What am I suppose to do with this horrible service?

Definite the worst!!

USPScustomer no-service

Only 1 very slow clerk "DONNA" working the counter out of 5 available, only saw 3 other employees slowly walking around once in awhile.

The line was to the door (about 25 people) this is UNACCEPTABLE! especially for a large major city. I waited about 1/2 hour just to send a small package.

I POLITELY asked the clerk if it was like this every day about this time, she said it was.

I said that your manager really should have more staff at the counters to service these waiting customers, at least til the line goes down.. she actually told me "do not complain" I said excuse me? I cant complain? i then informed this woman I would make a formal complaint and notify her supervisors (who should better know the busy times of his branch!

If you would like any more information
              my name is Marc gwilliam
              call me at [protected]

US Postal Service — delivery

I live in Northern California near Sacramento. I sold a book through Amazon.com to someone in San Diego. I...

USPSthey don't care about customers

I moved here 4+ years ago.After 2 years of some packages being stolen, "I live in a 6 unit apartment building with my unit being 27 stairs up from mailboxes.I asked USPS to simply "hold my packages there" and leave a package pickup note.You would think this would make their job easier considering they don't have to carry them.Not the case here.One simple request.They were holding "some" packages, "the samples I receive".When it comes to expensive packages, they decide to deliver them to the doorway downstairs.I placed the "hold package order" 2 years ago.Depending on who my mail carrier is that day is whether my packages will be held for pickup.I have been lucky enough to make it to mailboxes to retreive packages until last Friday.I had yet another package "with a tracking number" stolen.I had called USPS office when I saw it arrived at the office that morning as tracking number stated.I called to see if I could just come pick up my package that has the hold order on it, meaning, don't deliver it, leave a note.It should never have left USPS office that morning.The male voice said that I had to wait for the pickup slip to arrive in my box.I waited and "no slip".Later in the day, I went into the office where the desk clerk looked and couldn't find it, said it was probably yet to be delivered.I came home, went online to check tracking number.IT WAS DELIVERED TO THE BOTTOM FLOOR AGAIN.I had been checking this tracking number all day.Come to find out, it was delivered at 9:53am, about the time I originally called and before I went in.I called USPS office and asked to speak with supervisor who took my number and stated "he" a male would call me back with more information from the carrier.That call never came.The next day I called again and asked to speak with a supervisor AGAIN.This time I got a female.2 supervisors but can't get it right.This lady stated that "by law", they are "required" to deliver packages even with hold order.This left me stupified.I asked the usual common sense question of "what can I do to keep my packages safe"?She stated basically nothing.She told me that I was upset and diddn't want to speak with me.I stated "of course I am" I had to pay for a package that I will never see, let alone the time I waited and will have to wait for a new order.She diddn't care.it was "my problem".After all of this I called customer service at the 1-800-ask-usps number.They took my complaint, gave me a complaint number and stated that somebody would call within 2 days.That was 5 days ago and still no call.USPS does not care what happens to you and unless everybody complains about the cruelty and carelessness they have experienced, they never will care.If anybody else in the country acted in this manner "THEY WOULD BE FIRED".Maybe this is why we all see the shipping rate hikes, because people don't want to lose their purchased items.I have learned from this to ask the people I order from and am forced to deal with USPS to send with signature confirmation with cost at my expense to ensure I get the items.I got my first notice today.A slip telling me that I can pick up my package in 2 days, "the carrier doesn't even know the date"lol.I called and asked if by chance my package was at the usps office and of course, "it's on the truck".Why is a package with a signature confirmation left at the office when the carrier REFUSES to come up the stairs and knock at my door?Now it just seems like punishment, it doesn't make sense.I am going to do the useless protocal of sending a letter to postmaster general but really don't expect anything more than what I have been getting because "THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PACKAGES".Even the mail comes when they feel like it.I know this because when their are 6 boxes without mail, somebody got mail that day.I hope the people get wise and make a stand to FORCE their tax dollars to work for them.In fact, they should give me the route here.I can do this job without even thinking and I would even know the date.lol.It really isn't funny though when you work for your money and buy things by doing your job and they flush your hard earned money down the drain.Oh, and to the person who stole my package, enjoy because what comes around goes around.I just want to make sure that you enjoy my hard earned money.In the meantime, the punishment from my local office, I am certain, has just begun because I complained.What can you do?There is nobody at USPS who cares.

USPSdont use paypal or buy your postage online for usps, always get the items scanned at po, they will steal them.

Prepaid services via website or Paypal
                  I use this service and pay over $400 weekly in postage for items shipped from my business, but for the past 4 or 5 months I have been have problems with items not scanned and no tracking information shown on website, it's like i pay for the items to be shipped, i take them and drop them at the post office and they just disappear, nobody at usps know anything about these packages because they don't scan them when u handle them to the agent. So My customers think I don't ship their packages and I end up losing my merchandise and my money because I have to refund the buyer. Plus the hassle of wasting time and money... Its frustrating. If you ship items via USPS take them directly to the post office and but insurance. If you are a company you better take your business elsewhere (UPS FedEx) because USPS don't care about your packages delivered, they are city employees, they don't care about doing the job right, they just do it and get their paycheck. TRUST ME, DONT USE USPS IF YOU REALLY WANT YOUR PACKAGES DELIVERED

• De
                      deepsilencer Jul 26, 2010

same here i been trying to locate a package for a month now,

really horrible services!!!

USPSthe lines here are endlessly long, there are never enough clerks and line-jumping is a given

I live in a gated apartment community. When we moved in, we were informed that the office does not accept/sign for, packages, certified mail, etc. What we weren't told is that the postal carrier does not even deliver to the door and there are no package boxes available. Therefore, every item requiring a signature or that is too large for the box means that one has to physically go to the Post Office. The lines here are endlessly long, there are never enough clerks and line-jumping is a given.

I spoke to the supervisor about the delivery issues. He is definitely a government employee - all I got was a lot of double-talk about how the carrier was not allowed beyond the gate, was not allowed to buzz the resident, etc. What?!? I've lived in gated communities where the mailboxes themselves were inside the gate and we always got mail. I still have no clear idea as to why this situation exists. I had to walk away before I said something totally rude.

To add to the insult, postage just went up again.

US Post Office — non delivery of mail

The post master Mr. Bruce Dennis was very rude and try to defend his carrier for not delivering mail to my...

United States Post Office — failure to honor insurance policy

I mailed my husband a computer and carrying case from Austin TX to North Hollywood CA with a return receipt...

Usps - New Baltimore Branchpackages not received

This has happened on four separate occasions. I frequent online purchases and each comes with tracking codes to verify where and when your package is and arrives. The tracking states Arrival At Unit, mail carrier comes, and no package. Finally this last time I decided to call to the Post and see what I could figure out. The gentleman who answers phone checks my tracking number that I relay to him and states that the package is out on delivery. I assured him that he was correct but I did not receive it. He put me on hold and went to find out information, a few minutes later he informs me that my package is still there. He said the carrier couldn't deliver it. I was flabbergasted because both me and my fiance were home at the time and witnessed the mail carrier not even have the package in her hand, nor make an attempt to deliver it. I told him that this was at least the fourth time that this has happened. He said he would see what he could do and hung up.

I'm writing this because this is absurd. I deliver goods for a living and if that was my reply, I would probably lose my job. SOMETHING has to be done and this cannot keep happening. People wonder why the Postal Service is being put out of business by UPS/FedEX and E-mail, this is why I assume.

USPS — internal mail theft and worse

I have been a target of internal mail theft and also pilfering by USPS workers at my post office box. I am in...

USPSbad business practice

Have problems with the N Quincy usps on hancock?
                        I bought a $120.00 item on ebay and the mail carrier left it on my doorstep. I live above a laundromat and it got stolen. They could have left a note and had us pick it up but they were to lazy to bring the item back for us to pick it up at the station. They are ###ed. Use any other delivery service but the usps because they dont care about your stuff. especially the north quincy, ma branch. They are the worst!

• Ci
                            Cicci_Reep Apr 07, 2010

Wow! I know you are from a different state than I am, but although there have been occasional problems with USPS over the years, I have been fortunate enough not to have really crappy stuff happen! I run an eBay business and have been doing this since early 2001. About 4 years ago we moved to a very rural area in the western NC mountains. If I have to go to the post office, I end up driving over 22 miles of very winding mountainous terrain. I began doing all my postage through the Paypal Site. I have had very good results with this method of shipping. In 9 years I have had no lost packages, etc. Until I read this email complaint, I had no idea as to the problems other people have had. It is at least a good thing to be 'aware of'. My local post office is really a great team and I have nothing but praise concerning them. They do many pick-ups from me when my packages are too large for the mailbox. Plus, they are also willing to help me out at times on other related issues.

I'm really sorry to hear that you have the problems you do with the USPS where you live. USPS has been my choice of shipping methods for many years now. I do sometimes use UPS on items I have sold as my method of shipping, although as a general rule I prefer USPS over all others and have saved a lot of money over the years by utilizing USPS instead of UPS.

At least in my area...I really praise our USPS workers for their very fine job!

Regards,
                            Cicci

Usps Media Mailstolen mail during inspection

While I realize that media mail is subject to inspection, media mail boxes I sent December 31st, 2009 were cut open, and ransacked. Many books were removed and replaced with books I have never seen before. In this replacement, there was a travel size pack of tissues ("taschentucher solo talent") that looked like it was from another country along with the list of books below:
                          Beyond Horizons by David N. Spires
                          Engineering the space age by Bruille
                          Sherman Air Warfare by
                          Aerospace power in the 21st century
                          conflict culture and history regional dimensions
                          Volume I ideas, concepts, doctrine by Futrell

The largest box with the best of my books disappeared and I have yet to hear from the "Atlanta Mail Recovery Unit". I suspect someone will pocket the cash for the books stolen during their "auctions".

Many of my books had KStrait written on them. They were in a box labeled "small 16 3/4 x 12 1/2 x 12 1/2". It was also labeled "pratt" and "recyclable" There were several expensive science, math & engineering books I had hoped to use to prepare for an exam I must take in the spring. Instead I have a pile of books I have never seen before to remind me how foolish I was to think that USPS was safe and responsible.

I mailed the Parcel Search Request form January 11th, 2010 to the Atlanta Mail Recovery Unit with a list of my missing books. I believe the auctions this center has with stolen books/articles is inappropriate for a government run agency.

United States Postal Servicemail delivery

a female mail delivery person won't deliver the mail!! Checks don't come, medication does not come, bills etc etc. This is the northest there will be snow, the boxes where I live are shoveled out and the only person that has a problem with getting to the boxes is the mail delivery person. People in vans, compact cars and trucks can all get to the mail boxes just fine. I walk up to mine.

She is in a vehicle, I think it is time to make this route a foot one. This town is no longer as rural as it was. This person is being paid very good money for NOT doing her job. There are plenty of people who would be happy to do it.

This is not acceptable and talking to the MIlton post master does nothing, it would seem that this person does not have do to her job and it is OK.

I would get a box but I work long hours and would not be able to get to the post office in time.
                            Time to stop giving money to the postal service when they ask again and again!!

• Marshal For the Post Master
                                and the Post Master,

The United States Postal System Is become Illegally Served in Server Servitude by failure to make the Data Processing industry attach Fees that is Purchased, and canceled (Earned) in the way of setting a Telegram Stamp on the Email Volumes of Telephone Delivery Traffic.
                                You are illegally entering Countries for treaties that is the United States and every other Country.
                                [email protected]
                                Care of: Del City Church of Christ
                                Del, Oklahoma 73115

US Post Office — very poor post office service

This post office (Kensington station in Brooklyn, NY) has a history of having poor service. For example, they...