Royal Mail Group Logo

Royal Mail Group

Having problems with Royal Mail Group?

+44 345 774 0740 (Customer Service)
+44 758 713 8282 (Head Office)
+44 345 777 7888 (Redirection)
+44 178 266 8007 (Redirection)
+44 345 602 1021 (Redelivery)
+44 345 600 0606 (Text Phone)
2nd Floor, Royal Mail, Pond Street
Sat8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Mail not delivered

I paid for 1st class signed for delivery on the 08/06/20. The item hasnt been delivered. I tried their track and trace system, which says 'We have your item at the Post office.' I've made several complaints, as regards of the 'lost/delayed' mail and have been offered a paltry £50 'goodwill gesture payment.'
The parcel contained irreplaceable photos, some dated back 90 years, and are a link to my past. I'd sent them to my publisher to use them as promotion for my up and coming autobiography.
Its a disgusting service, and an insult to my inteligence. I have to say, they dont give a damn as regards of customers.

Post

My daughter should of received three birthday cards by the 18/8 these cards were posted in Three different post boxes in Bristol all with a 1st class stamp on them. Luckily there was no mint or gift cards in them. But still worrying that they never reach us we have never had this problem before with post to our house. This makes me think that something has happened to them either at the sorting office or out for delivery!

Driving dangerous

Your driver nearly run me over KY65GKP Driving dangerously, as I'm on the middle of the road driver so...

Non delivery of birthday cards

On 2nd July I posted 3 birthday cards in Hemsworth West Yorkshire, one to Barnsley and two to Wakefield. The Barnsley one arrived but the Wakefield ones did not. Then on July 18th one card arrived which had been opened and taped back closed. The cards were going to Wrenthorpe, same house. I have photos of the card. This is obviously a case of looking for money, of which there was none.

James Gallagher Aug 20, 2018

Hi I posted a Birthday Card with £25 in it to my step son Graham Healy. 19 Ness Glen Rd.
    Dalmellington, Ayr, KA6 7TP. 0n the 7th of August 2018. He has still not received it. It was posted within your shop at
    Ivanhoe Rd, Paisley PA2 0JZ. I had put the card inside it's envelope, then into a brown A4 envelope, folded in half then sealed with a strip of sellotape.

yours sincerely
    James Gallagher

Dangerous driving

Came of my bike at junction of A3/Upper Richmond Road on 28 Nov 2017 at 9.30pm. The Royal Mail van did a U...

Miss my item

Dear Customer Service Team,

Parcel reference number: JK657303756GB,

I am writing to you to raise an issue about Royal Mail at Royal Mail on May 24th, 2017.

ON 23/5/2017 Royal mail left the card for collection because they unable to deliver item because nobody was at home. Next day 24/5/2017 my husband went there afternoon.
he gave the card which was delivery guy left, my husband told to staff straight away I don, t want this item.the guy brought item from store and he scanned the item and asked to my husband signature please, my husband said signature for what?guy said for collection item, my husband said there are five people witness behind me, I told you I don, t want this item, I want to return that item, guy started shouting and he said you should pay for item, my husband told to guy I want to speak with your manager. manager came with full of attitude and said what is the problem my husband explain everything to manager, manager again scanned the parcel, but both guy's didn't explain anything. now the parcel delivered at UXBRIDGE. they didn't explain anything about the results. my husband asked to manager about receipt and he said you can check through your tracking number we unable to to give you anything.since 24/5/2017 I was waiting for my refund from company.I sent to 35 mails to sender. finally yesterday I got email they asked me copy of receipt but I haven't got any receipt.today we went again Royal Mail Bolton collection center, I asked to guy I need receipt he said we are collection department we unable to issue any receipt, post office will issue receipt when you send parcels.I said but your colleague didn't explain anything to my husband when he came to refused item.guy said may be my colleague forgot about that, I said excuse me your manager was there and he didn't told to my husband anything.now problem is company doesn't give me my refund around £47, Royal Mail Bolton collection center lose my parcel, they sent my parcel UXBRIDGE. today they only gave me customer services number nothing else. since 30 days I am waiting for my refund, the lady told me we are waiting for 18 days then we put item in charity, I said how is possible without my permission parcel went in charity, she said yes its company policy, I Said but your manager or other guy didn't explain anything about policy Orr charges or post office. she said we cant help you. she said you forget about parcel and money...What is this?????????????? where is my parcel I need my parcel, or Royal Mail refund me amount. I need my parcel and amount because I am waiting since 30 days for my refund, I need parcel and post office charges because I want to return now though post office and Royal Mail should pay everything.

I need my parcel and post office charges from Royal Mail. and £20 compassion because Royal Mail didn't explain to my husband anything, and I am waiting since 30 days for my refund. Royal Mail responsible for that.

I look forward to a prompt response.

Please reply to my Resolver email account as I would like to keep all of my communications in my personalised complaints case file.

Yours faithfully

Shereen phulpoto

Resolved Dangerous driving

Was cycling home from work on 16/08/2013 at approximately 19:00 when I became aware of an erratic Royal Mail van. The driver was beeping his horn at another Royal Mail van, rapidly accelerating and decelerating and changing lanes. This was on Aldergate St near Barbican tube station. This alerted my attention to stay out of his way. He turned down Clerkenwell road and proceeded to tail-gate the car in front of him leaving about 50cm of space. At the next set of traffic lights I came past the van again. When the lights went green the van rapidly accelerated out and passed me just before the road became too narrow, he nearly knocked off the cyclist in front of me, but managed to slow down just in time, then once the road opened out again he sped off into the distance. The driver clearly had no regard for the safety of other road users and this behaviour should not be acceptable for Royal Mail drivers. The registration of the van was BX06 LV0. I just hope that given enough complaints about this person's driving, Royal Mail will do something about it.

• La
    larrymouse Aug 17, 2013

cheeky monkey Jun 20, 2019

@larrymouse This Behaviour seems to be the norm for them. In Wednesfield wolverhampton, They all race down the Planetary road wv13 area and even on the sharp bend which is a blind bend until your on it. I have almost collided with two of them and they do not care at all. I and others have witnessed two overtaking a car in front of them and then almost have a head-on collision with the oncoming vehicle. They will kill someone soon

• Re
    Remi Chateauneu Apr 20, 2018

Very dangerous Royal Mail driver 20 april 2018, 21:16 in London 28 Farringdon Ln, Clerkenwell, EC1R 3AU.
    Van MX58 HXD.

Resolved Aggressive driver

Friday the 18th 7:00 - 7:15 am trying to make my way to work from Ash to bookham in the fork from the A31 to the A3 i emerge a bit late strait behind one of the royal mail super AGGRESSIVE driver with number plate MX58 HZG which nicely try to run me over with his truck after few minutes before sharply brake his truck to make me crash behind him, the reason why he was doing that i still asking myself, probable i was driving faster than him and he thought nobody can be faster tham me "this is my road" or something like that, finally when i safely overtook him he again use his fingers and gestures to demostrate how decen and nice was him to others road users. I worked in the Royal Mail for few years and i know is a rush job, but you have to leave your problems some where else not to bring them to work, as your office is your truck. I remember i left that job because of harrassment. Not very nice people to work with.

Courier did not arrive

I have sent a courier to india on 14 march 2012. Quantity 1, weight .475 kg. Product is mobile phone blackberry to this address
Kothi no 33

United kingdom

My courier did not arrive . Please help me

Courier did not arrive

Lost post

Royal Mail has thieves working for them. I returned my husbands birthday present, an Armani watch, to the online store i bought it from, sent it recorded delivery and it got lost. I only received £40.00 from Royal Mail after sending two claims . I sell on ebay and have lost two small packets containing costume jewelry, nice jewelry, the buyer has not received them so I have had to refund them. A parcel containing boys clothes also was never received and again had to refund them. Strange how these things never turn up, I truly believe people that work for them are stealing items. They need to do a serious re-haul of their system or someone needs to go in undercover and do something! Royal Mail is awful, dont trust them!

• Pa
    Pauline Alexander Jun 26, 2013

I recently haven't been receiving my mail I haven't had mail in 3 days I'm having to constantly phone places to get my bills sent again and again don't know if there getting sent to the next street down as has a similar name were missing doctor appointment and dentist appointment because of it???

Resolved Postman opening parcels before delivery

Every parcel which has been delivered to me in the past few months has been open. I don't just mean that...

2 comments Seaham Other

Resolved Redirection service

paid £40.00 for a redirection service that was never in place, moved away setup redirection to alternate address, post still delivered to old address, told by monkey in customer services dept at royal mail i wont get a refund because it was my fault for taking out a redirection service for 12 months, WTF...
i pointed out to this person that i had paid for a service i hadn't received she stated she will make the delivery office aware but for a refund i needed to have called in a number of times to complain what the ### kind of response is that, Ive paid money for a service i haven't received therefore i would expect my money back and no manager or supervisor to speak to as theyve all gone home, nice royal mail what a pile of ### you really are ### the lot of you!

• Ob
    obrienpeter Apr 23, 2011

excellent thanks i will give it a try, point taken, was full of rage at the time .

• Ob
    obrienpeter Apr 24, 2011

yes have highlighted that in numerous points in my email, unfortunately Noreen is out of office till may the 2nd but im sure she would have seen my lengthy email arrive so we'll see what happens, just want my money back is all, not asking much.

Offensive postman

Recently we have a postman delivering mail to my property who constantly leave our front gate wide open. My wife has just had eye operations and bright light is painful. As I am working away from home my wife has to go and close the front gate. When asked on the 05.02.2010 to politly to close the gate the postman said "He is not payed to close gates" and left my property leaving the gate wide open. Previously my wife left a note on our front door asking the postman to close the gate which he ignored. I then contacted the Royal Mail via their website and explained the situation which after a number of days I got a reply saying they would try and rectify the matter. As you can imagine the attitude of this postman is upsetting to both my wife and myself yet the Royal Mail costomer service are either to slow in dealing with matter or dont care.

• Po
    Postman Patrick Feb 06, 2010

I am a Postman and your postie is wrong.

We are instructed on starting the job, and its included in an official computer program that makes rounds more efficient (well that's what we are told), that all gates and entrances should be left as we find them.

If its open when we get there then it should be left open. If its closed then we should close it on leaving the property - and its common courtesy as well.

To be honest going through Customer Services is probably the wrong way to go about rectifying it. My advice would to approach the Delivery Office Manager at the local office - telephone number and address is usually in yell.com or yellow pages. I would both write and call and it puts the onus on the manager to sort it.

If that does not work you could always go to Adam Crozier via email and things should move apace. I'd better not give you his email address but it is easy to find on the internet.

• Ra
    Rafael Rojas May 21, 2012

I don't think they care at all.

Resolved Thieves

By special delivery I sent an envelope to Barnsley South Yorkshire. Inside the envelope were Xmas cards for my nieces’ and nephews. The cards contained money. The envelope arrived covered in cellophane wrapping and when opened, some of the cards had been opened and the money had been removed. £60 in total had been stolen from the envelope then wrapped in cellophane.
This is the sickest thing a member of the Royal Mail could do. Stealing from children’s cards. I paid over £8 to ensure the envelope was delivered safely. It’s disgusting that Royal Mail employ THEIVES.

james hitchin Apr 16, 2010

i have been a victim of theft using royal mail. at the moment it is ruining my business, i send items to my customers in envelopes but for the last week the envelopes have been getting to my customers minus the contents and the side of the envelope ripped open, once i got on to this i wrapped the envelopes in tape thinking that would stop it and it has, but because they cant steal contents they have bent the envelope enough to snap the item inside rendering it scrap and i have to send another or give a refund. why is this sort of thing being allowed to happen, this could be eliminated i am sure because after all you pay good money for this service

• Sb
    S Borowiak Apr 24, 2010

Its disgusting that this is happening. I was in the post office and over heard a customer say "£12.00 for a special delivery - does that guarentee the postmen wont steal the contents" - I wasnt shocked by this at all as I have heard lots of stories about the post theives.

• Bt
    BTNSouthCoast Feb 16, 2011

I have had many goods sent to customers 'go missing' in the post. A vast percentage in fact. The only way now is to send them 'Special Delivery' at a cost of £5.05. Hence the huge queues at the sorting office! Cash cow for the Royal Mail!!

Resolved Postal thieves

Received yet another envelope which had been slit along the top to see if it contained anything valuable - no, just a couple of old photos from my Mum, protected between cardboard. Happens nearly every time - if it looks like a greetings card, some b**tard in the Royal Mail has to see if there's something to steal. Last time I sent something similar my father received an empty, opened envelope on his birthday. Do they go out of their way to employ crooks? Thank God we can do most communication by email, so we only occasionally have to entrust anything to this useless bunch. And as for their tortuous complaints procedure... Customer service, my a*se.

• So
    SolusHunter Jan 16, 2009

I recently sent 3 love films discs (seperately) in the post. 1 in my regular post box, which has so far taken 4 days and seems to have been lost, and 2 that were posted at the post office, of these two 1 arrived at it's destination the next day, the other seems to have vanished as well, all are sent 1st class.

Royal Mail seems to lose, on average, 8 items of post to or from me every single year. It's an absolute joke.

90% of 1st class post is supposed to arrive next day, it seems more like 10% to me.

• Tr
    Trackais Jacks Oct 28, 2009

My parcel with my sons xmas present in was sent to me recorded delivery. I never receieved this item. After weeks of trying to find out how to claim and several emails later i finally handed in my claim form with all the relevent details they requested. I then get a letter to say there is no record of my recorded item and 6 first class stamps for my trouble.

I refused to accept this so i logged on to royal mail websites track and trace service, and low and behold there was a record of my item being delivered and a copy of the signature. I was absolutely furious as i live alone and i had not signed for the parcel, it was clearly not my signature. I sent several emails and then another letter to say that they did have record of my parcel being delivered afterall and appologised.

It is now april 2017 and my son is still without his xmas present. Im disgusted with the service i have received, nobody has even had the decentsy tyo speak to me and just send automated emails.

There last bit of advice was to contact the sender and they would have to claim. The whole experience has taken over my life, i have no faith in the postal system as i was told that basically the postman could dump all his parcels in the bin, and sign the slips hiself. The purpose of recorded delivery is to deliver to the address and obtain a signature. In my case this was not true.

• Mr
    Mrs C from A Dec 07, 2009

so much mail goes missing, especially if it looks like a card with money or tokens. The complaints procedure is too long winded. This has happened to me so many times and I am sick of it. Something should be done.

• To
    tomcolly Aug 14, 2012

royal mail a joke name there is nothing royal about them
    they are thieves i have lost so many letters, bills, parcels, latest is a package costing me £50 . talk to rm customer services, and they say sender must start investigation no help from rm their answer is it only your word but i still lost £50
    bunch of unhelpful thieves they must know the postman who was supposed to deliver my package
    ref ff3337106077gb

• To
    tomcolly Aug 14, 2012

you are thieves

Resolved Royal mail agent fraud

On September 8 2009, I ran into a Craigslist ad for 2 Taylor Swift concert tickets to be held in Dalla...

Resolved Poor postal service

Royal mail stamp price hikes, quote overpaid ceo, "we aim to improve the service to our customers".
Call me a grumpy old man, if you like.
In the 1940/50/60 s, we got three postal deliveries a day from a usually smiling postman. Now I am lucky if I get three deliveries in a week, from a usually miserable postman. When I do get a delivery, the letters are bundled in a red band and deliveries can be in the middle of the afternoon. 1st class next day? Forget it.
I f they farm it out to private profiteers, we might as well go back to using pigeons

Resolved Fraudulent misrepresentation of royal mail

On 2/11/2009, I saw a classified ad on Craigslist for the sale of a 2008 Mac Laptop offered by a Mr Roger Dawson . I accepted the offer and was informed that the delivery would be done through Royal Mail in Milan upon payment to Royal Mail agent in Milan, named Claudio Rinaldi, through Western Union. I was also given a tracking number (same 13 digit number as used by Royal Mail) with barcode and Royal Mail logo on the email notification. After sending the money, and attem pting to track the shipment, I discovered that the tracking number was invalid and Royal Mail had no record of same, nor were there any responses to my communication to the buyer and agent.

I have been clearly defrauded and this appears to be a big scam that is going on which is ruining the reputation of Royal Mail and Craigs List.

I hope that Royal Mail will have an investigation done into this type of scam which is cheating innocent people of their hard earned money, and that the crooks will be apprehended. I can produce evidence of the money having been sent to the fake agent of Royal Mail.

• Rl
    R Leeder Mar 06, 2009

unfortunately i fell for the same thing, again a laptop. However i sent the money on the 2/26/09 which was 15 days after you. which means that after you had contacted Royal Mail they had failed to close down the site... That doesnt seem right.

and i am in Australia so it is a wide spread scam. And i too have the evidence to show that the payment was sent

[email protected]

Resolved Dangerous driving / aggression / fear for safety

At 8pm on sunday night (20 dec 08) i was driving into oxford. While sat at the traffic light controlled...

Oxford Other

Resolved Mail not redirected / lost

I set up a redirection service from Royal Mail, for 3 weeks now I am not receiving mail at all at the new...