Usenet.nlunauthorized credit card charge

M

On 26/ 09/ 2016 I Signed up for a free 14 day trial on Usenet.nl. I cancelled it soon after as I realised I attempted to sign up for a similar trial with Usenet.nl a few months before (12/05/2016) but cancelled on the same day. I had been getting emails from Usenet.nl (from my first attempt to use their service on the 12/05/2016) saying my account had been blocked. Suddently on the on 06.06.16 09:27 I got this message "we unsuccessfully tried to collect the payment for your usenet.nl membership fee." and they asked me to verify my paymeny details - which I did not do. I tried to contact them via their contact form asking what this was about, but received no response. On the 26/09/2016 I got an invoivce from them for 99$ saying this would be charged to my account soon. I sent a message via ther contact form to say I had cancelled their free trial and told them to cancel any subscriptions I had been drawinto with immediate affect. On the 1/10/ 2016. I then sent another message via their contact form telling them would not pay this accound as their process was fraudfulent. On the 2/10/2016 i received another message sayimng my account had been reactivated and discovered they had managed toaccess my credit card account and deducted 99$. I want like a refund from this website.

Hunterx27 Oct 06, 2016

You got an confirmation back from usenet? That's good, as they rarely ever issue refunds, but you, unfortunately, are still responsible for the other account. They will eventually send debt collection letters to your house. Be on guard. Make sure the other account is also canceled.

• Mi
    Michelle Macdonald Stewart Oct 06, 2016

There was an attempted charge some months ago. But this did not go through as I did not verify payment details and the message came back that my account was blocked. I sent a message via their form to query this and to say i had cancelled my trial, I received no response. I didn't think too much of this as at this point and no charges were deducted. As I access I lot of academic material I stupidly (but lesson learnt now) forgot I had already tried a Usenet trial - so more recently tried their 14 day trial - but cancelled it, got invoiced, sent another message via the contact forms saying i had cancelled the trial and did not want to be drawn into any subscription, i got charged anyway. Today I got a cancellation confirmation back, stating I would be refunded and that this would take up to 2 weeks.

Hunterx27 Oct 06, 2016

But, you were only charged once? Did you get any cancellation confirmations back?

• Mi
    Michelle Macdonald Stewart Oct 06, 2016

I don't know - that's for them to confirm. I cancelled both 14 day trials before the expiry date and still got charged for a full annual subscription.

Hunterx27 Oct 06, 2016

I'm confused. Which account did they charge you for?

Comment Guidelines