Menu
Home Collection Agencies EOS CCA unowed cell phone bill

EOS CCA review: unowed cell phone bill

J
Author of the complaint
1:46 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Received a notice of collection placement letter stating that I owed $450 to A T & T for an unpaid phone bill. I have not been with AT&T since December 2006. I called EOS CCA and was told I needed to call A T & T for proof that I owed this money. I called AT&T and spoke to a guy who said I had a zero balance. He then transferred me to his supervisor to get this resolved who told me that they had no information on my account that it had been sold to US ASSET MANAGEMENT, but they had been sending me statements monthly and my account had been sent to 4 different collection agencies. And that I needed to contact US ASSET MANAGEMENT for any information, so I called back EOS to get the number for US ASSET MANAGEMENT and was told they are the same company. The ### that I talked to was Dominic Palmariello, he told me that he did not have to provide me any proof of owing the debt just to pay it. I refused and he hung up on me. I am sure this is all a scam and that some people do not question it and just pay it. I am going to warn everyone I know to stay away from AT&T, I am also reporting this company to the Federal Department of Collection Agencies.

More EOS CCA complaints & reviews

THEY CAN GO AND THEMSELVES I DON'T KNOW THEM
SO NO MONEY THESE ARE SCAMMERS I TOSS THE LETTERS OUT

C
May 05, 2016 3:27 pm EDT

This is also currently going on with myself. I was never sent a bill for anything ever that linked to this debt, but it shows up as negative on my credit score. I searched out answers from EOS CCA and they told me that it was a century link account that was disconnected back in 2012. I did not have an account with century link back in 2012 nor did i live in Tukwila Washington. In 2012 i was going to college daily 3 hours away from Tukwila! when i spoke of this to the ### on the phone, he said because i DID have an account with century Link in 2014 that they verify it to be my debt even though I NEVER LIVED IN TUKWILA! They recently sent me a statement saying they verified the debt to be mine but never provided proof. i have made a complaint against this company and have also disputed it with the major credit companies. This company must be a scam!

V
Mar 25, 2016 4:50 am EDT

I received a letter from these people on 3/24/2016. I contacted AT&T and confirmed I had a zero balance, which I did. I explained the letter I received and suggested that AT&T get their legal department to investigate and prosecute if necessary since they are using AT&T to get money from people. I'm also going to see if I can find a government office to contact and lodge a complaint.

A
Jan 27, 2016 5:17 pm EST

I just received a similar notice claiming that I owe AT&T $755, however they would settle for $385. I couldn't remember ever having service with AT&T so I called the number on the notice and she confirmed that it was a debt collector. She then stated that I had two phone numbers from 2010 that I did not recognize. I told her I was going to give them a call to confirm. I called AT&T and spoke with a representative who told me that there was no record of me ever having anything from pulling my social. I am so glad that I saw this post. They are still out here trying to scam people. I'm reporting the company.

N
Oct 22, 2014 8:31 pm EDT

I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS! THIS IS HAPPENING TO MY SISTER AS WELL. WE JUST RECEIVED THE NOTICE TWO WEEKS AGO AND FROM THE SAME COMPANIES! I AM SO TAKING ACTION ON THIS AND HOPEFULLY THIS CAN BE STOPPED. AND SURE HOPE NOBODY ELSE HAS FALLEN FOR THIS! THANK YOU FOR SHARING...NOW I KNOW ITS NOT GOOD!

N
Oct 22, 2014 8:30 pm EDT

this is happening to my sister at this moment... we received her mail and the letter 2 weeks ago...and shes been living in Mexico since 2008 so she has no idea what is going on...she paid all her dues before leaving. im glad to know that i found this! im so taking action as well! thank u for sharing!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

39 complaints