Urbanoutfitters.comi'm definitely not going to waste my time with them again

F

I recently ordered from UO, and I was VERY disappointed: I live in Hawaii, and there are no UO stores here. So when I saw "Free Returns!" posted on the webpages of a couple of clothes that I wanted to buy, I was excited and placed an order. However, I was sure to check on each of those webpages that there were no disclaimers or links to their return policy because I know that usually websites will not offer free returns to customers who don't live in the continental US. However, there was none provided, so I assumed the "Free Returns!" applied to me as well. When I received the products in the mail, I was not satisfied with the clothes and wanted to get a return. However, on the invoice, it said that free returns only applied to continental US orders--well, that's a little late, considering that they're only telling me AFTER I bought the clothes. I contacted them three times to complain, once by email and twice by phone. The first two times, they were VERY vague with me, and only the last time was I told definitively to basically "deal with it." Frustrated, I decided to pay for the shipping costs myself and try to get an exchange for the clothes. I sent back the clothes and CLEARLY marked that I wanted an exchange. However, they processed it as a return, rather than an exchange.

I won't complain about them processing the order as a return rather than an exchange because I frankly don't want to patronize UO anymore. Each time I contacted them they seemed apathetic and uninterested. I'm definitely not going to waste my time with them again.