United Parcel Serviceperfect example that ups and crawford insurance are committing consumer fraud

After selling an expensive item that I purchased insurance on with UPS and shipped item thur UPS (tracking # 1Z610X754219780041). When buyer received item it was destroyed, buyer returned item to me in original packaging and inside of original box and put box inside of another, after recieving item back I contacted UPS and was refused by UPS to have the item investigated. After numerious phone calls for 2 weeks and 3 attempts of sending pictures of the damaged item and packaging to UPS's insurance (Crawford) I was told by UPS and Crawford (UPS Insurance) that the bubble wrap I used has small bubbles and I should of used large bubbles and the claim was denied. I have been shipping thru UPS for about 10 years now and I check the UPS online requirements quite frenqently espacailly when sending expensive items like I did in this case. UPS online packing requirements says nothing about when to use what size bubble wrap. It has been one excuse after another from UPS and crawford Insurance not to honor the claim for the insurance they sold me..This is a perfect example that UPS and Crawford insurance are committing consumer fraud..

• Pa
    parlor Jul 08, 2010

What I suggest that you do, is to keep on houding Crawford. If they do not pay your claim, contact U.P.S. Headquarters and get to their LEGAL dept.
    It will yake a awhile, but let them know you PAID for Insurance and you will not accept a Deined claim. I hope you have Kept E-mails dates, name and time of everything. If not start doing it now, and write down every number you call and the tiime on + off the call Person talked to etc. Write EVERYTHING.
    If it all fails. Go to the Insurance commisiolner in your state.
    I sure hope this helps !
    Good luck it will work for you!

• De
    DeepPurpleTulips Jun 02, 2011

UPS is the WORST air courier I have ever used. UPS has serious problems in their internation systems and employees (especially in India and China). They don't investigate or find the mistakes they made first. They only know how to annoy their customers by jeopardizing the relaiontion and reputation between the receiver and the sender. Even though the one size (receiver) has already paid the payments, UPS still sent the bill to the other side (sender) to pay the payments. They don't listen to customers' explanation or watch the proofs. They just want to double charges the bill. Fortunately, after long bothering process, my India customer decided to cancel their UPS account. However, cancelled the account doesn't mean the annoying joke can be ended. UPS still do the stupid job to call the sender to say the bad words about the receiver, and reqeust the sender to pay the same bill again.

If UPS' business drops tremendously, don't be surprise! Their poor and unprofessional services shall lose a lots of customers for sure!

DON'T USE UPS ANYMORE!

~from My honest and helpful advice to everyone~

• Da
    Dawson Hale Feb 02, 2017

Similar but different situation. They've (Crawford) has made me jump through countless hoops. UPS Corporate Security Consultants requested proof a check was cashed. After providing the evidence on January 2017, they noted the check was cashed after being asked about it. Check was cashed back in November 2016. Security Consultants stopped talking to me after they got caught in that mix up. Now I have to sue the Franchise which was who sold me the Declared Value addition to get my computer replaced. They even made up some story about me "Fixing a computer for a friend." It was a brand new computer, nothing was to be fixed.