United Education Institute [UEI] Logo

United Education Institute [UEI]

Having problems with United Education Institute [UEI]?

United Education Institute [UEI] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 21, 2009. The latest review Career services was posted on Mar 26, 2021. The latest complaint worse college was resolved on Jun 03, 2015. United Education Institute [UEI] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 51 reviews. United Education Institute [UEI] has resolved 24 complaints.

United Education Institute [UEI] Customer Service Contacts

310 3rd Ave. № C6 - № C7
Chula Vista, California
United States - 91910

United Education Institute [UEI] Complaints & Reviews

UEI College — money

in our finance paperwork it states that we are to get around 2800 for traveling expences. This differs from...

UEI Ontario Campus — placement assistance is non existent

This school promised my daughter placement assistance, and to send her for an externship. The externship she...

UEI — lack of integrity & lies

My son attends this school in the Medical Assistance Program and I am appalled at the number of times hi...

UEIdeceptive practices

I belive they are liars. Here's the website to Consumer Affairs. I'm going to file a complaint with Consumer Affairs. Here's the website if you want to file as well: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/about.shtm

Click on the "File a Complaint" tab at the top of the page.

• Cw
      c westbrook Oct 15, 2012

I WAS WARNED LAST YEAR...BUT TRIED TO TRUST WHAT MY TEACHER TOLD ME. THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT WHETHER I'D GET A JOB BUT THEY CERTAINLY CARED THAT I PAY ON MY LOAN...GO FIGURE! I LOVED MY TEACHER BUT FOR THE REST OF THOSE UNEMPLOYED TEACHERS NOW THEY'LL SEE HOW IT FEELS TO NOT BE ABLE TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES.

• Cw
      c westbrook Oct 15, 2012

It's sad but true. It was only a matter of time before the deception would catch up with the school. It's really disappointing for anyone who owes money for the education they received from the school.

• Ra
      Rayea Lang Oct 06, 2012

PLEASE EVERYONE, PLEASE FILE A COMPLAIN AGAINST UEI SAN DIEGO, OR WHEREVER YOU GOT RIPPED OFF, FILE WITH http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/about.shtm. IF WE ALL FILE, THEY MIGHT JUST CLOSE THAT DAMM SCHOOL DOWN. THEY CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH THERE LIES, THEY DISTROED A LOT OF PEOPLE.

UEI Collegemisleading consumers

Embarrassed to say but, I am a consumer at UEI College. I have made my complaints known to the school. They have sent their chain of command, twice now, to meet with me to defend the actions of their employees rather than listen to the consumer, me, the student, as to what obligations they have not met as part of my tuition paid through student loans to this school. I was given the "You should-have, could-have, " canceled within 7 days spiel. If I had engaged Career Services for career placement within the first 7 days and experienced what I had, there would be a cancellation inevitably.

Have any of you who have complained sought an attorney, are interested in retaining an attorney for a class-action law suit, written to the accreditation organization endorsing them, or have written to Congress (if you didn't know, Obama wants to take away federal funding to these schools for a reason) to pursue exposure or halt the unethical practices of these types of institutions and seek a refund you believe you are entitled to?

It's January 2011! Don't just be pissed-off that you were duped...be proactive and do something about it. Get your money back. Discredit these fools for their unethical practices so that it stops! AND most importantly, keep your research going, seek the education to get into the field that you intended before this school got in the way, don't give up your dream. Maybe through court you will win the case against this school and they will have to pay for that education, or at best, pay you for damages for all that time wasted. Wouldn't that be nice? Seeking it out...you should do the same.

• Wi
        wilsondsmwlaw Aug 15, 2016

The UEI Class Action has settled for approximately $9 million in settlement monies. (Cordova et al. v. United Education Institute et al., AAA Case No. 73-516-Y-[protected]) In order to be eligible to receive settlement monies, CLASS MEMBERS MUST FILE A VALID CLAIM BY OCTOBER 4, 2016.

You are a member of the class and may be eligible to make a claim if you graduated from UEI’s California campuses on or after October 15, 2008 and enrolled before August 22, 2013, who, within six months of graduation, did not find employment working at least 32 hours per week in a single position, within their field of study.

You can also visit the UEI Settlement website at www.UEI.simpluris.com to read about the settlement and to complete a claim form online. If you have any questions about the class action, please contact us at [email protected]

• Lp
        LPrice Oct 24, 2014

I graduated from UEI November 2010 and the I have Not yet gotten a job in the field I studied. I graduated with all As. 4.0 GPA

Mary Helen Wilkins Jun 24, 2014

I had graduated from UEI in 2010 with high honors and top attendance still no job & paying loan monthly I had told them that I was an ex-felon and they still said I would have no problem in finding a JOB what a lie I'm very disappointed and still no job they said they would help me and now I'm stuck with a loan & payment monthly. Very very disappointed!!!

• Wi
        wilsondsmwlaw Oct 29, 2012

I am an attorney from Duckor Spradling Metzger & Wynne. Our firm has filed a lawsuit of behalf of students UEI College for unlawful and deceptive business practices. We would like to here about your experience and see if you fit into the class of students we are representing. Please call or email either myself ([email protected], [protected]) or Annette Clark ([email protected], [protected]) to set up a phone interview.
        Anne K. Wilson, Esq.
        3043 4th Avenue | San Diego, CA [protected]
        Email: [email protected] | Web: www.dsmwlaw.com

• Ba
        BAVO Apr 26, 2012

I had the same problem with them! I was forced to let students that where high off their butts inject and draw blood from! And yet had a pothead as a mentor that got to leave when ever she felt and never got disiplined for it, I hated this place.

• Il
        I love UEI Mar 05, 2011

I really think you are just pissed cause you failed in life. i love this school. they are always there to help. i attend this school and enjoy every minute of it. i have gained the education i signed up for.

UEI — frantinizing

To much frantinizing going own when they have family members that work here go around starting problems and...

UEIuei

So I decided to attend UEI because my admissions counselor was so nice to me and I really felt that the rest of the employees would be the same. But of course I was wrong. I know that every school has policies and procedures but not everyones situation is the same. So i just assumed that someone in the school would understand my situation and that there procedures and ploicies could be bent a little for a single parent trying to get an education. All of my tuition would be paid off by a grant and the career center so I decided to apply for student loans to pay for my living expenses. I expressed this to every person that I spoke to before I signed the final papers to get into the school. But at my last visit with financial aid I was told that my student loans wouldnt be disburssed to me untill my tuition is at a zero balance. Meaning that because grants are released into two disbursments they would be using all of the student loan money to pay off my tuition before I could get anything to pay for my living expenses. In other words UEI cant wait to get there money from the grants they will take your student loans to get theres first even though they know your school tuition is completely taken care of, they cant wait to get there disbursment of grant theyll take your student loan money to paythemselves off first. I tried talking to the director to see if anyone could help me around this because I am a single parent of two. Of course there answer was no. So I guess now I will have to live in my car because UEI wont make an exception for me.

• Ra
          Rayea Lang Apr 03, 2012

UEI is a huge SCAM! they tell you one thing, until your in, and deny what they said after words. This is the worst school in history!!

• Nr
          nr1988 Apr 10, 2011

Hi I attend uei in Ontario and I'm a single mom of 3 I already did my financial aid and I wasn't told I can get a loan for personal expenses and I really need it... so you can get a personal expense loan?

UEI College — it's a waste of time

I was a student there and Istarted June 2010, but as of today 11-19-10 I QUIT. I've been there 5 month...

UEI/United Education — misled/did not not deliver as promissed

What a scam! Don’t waste your money! UEI completely mislead my wife into signing up for a course a...

UEI — worse school ever

UEI does nothing but lie to there students. They promise you success in writing and verbally, but nothing i...

United Education Institute — inferior education

I am an experienced and highly skilled massage therapist and have been supporting myself as such since 2002...

Running Springs