United Education Institute [UEI] Logo

United Education Institute [UEI]

Having problems with United Education Institute [UEI]?

United Education Institute [UEI] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 21, 2009. The latest review Career services was posted on Mar 26, 2021. The latest complaint worse college was resolved on Jun 03, 2015. United Education Institute [UEI] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 51 reviews. United Education Institute [UEI] has resolved 24 complaints.

United Education Institute [UEI] Customer Service Contacts

310 3rd Ave. № C6 - № C7
Chula Vista, California
United States - 91910

United Education Institute [UEI] Complaints & Reviews

Uei Fresno — worse college

Worse college ever teacher Ms.marquez for medical biller at evening classes is the worse teacher ever she...

UEI College — convinced me to take out huge loans with promises upon graduation I will be placed in a well-paying jobs in my chosen field. but failed to.

the school took advantage of me by convincing me to take out large student loans with the promise that, upon...

UEIpointless debt

I took classes at UEI awhile back and I didn't learn anything. I only had one teacher that seemed to care that he was supposed to teach us. I asked one teacher to show me an example for the work that we were doing because I am a hands on type of learner and all she said (with an attitude) was look in the book. If students are basically paying you to teach them then teach. So I wasted my time and not to mention gas money that I had to scrounge together since half of that time I was living in my car to only accumulate debt. I wanted a chance to learn and get help finding a job but I didn't get either. Once I was done with the school I got a certificate late and no help finding a job. I got two phone calls with them asking if I needed help finding a job and each time I never got any help. Not to mention that there was a 6 month gap between each call. I don't think that it is right for them to do that. I am still struggling to find a job. I want my debt cleared. This is horrible. Knowing I will be in debt and my credit will be affected because I was only trying to better my life. Why is this school still in business. Knowing students in medical and dental programs and are probably working after going there is scary. Maybe those programs are better than the one I took but who knows.

UEIwe need justice

i want to make it known that we need to stand against this corrupt school called UEI. i agree with you on this, we need to stand united and be strong be heard. Im tired of getting ripped of by companies who think they will get away with this. UEI will go down, we have to stop this train before it does any more damage, we have to get a good lawyer and gegt as many signatures as possible, lets all do this!!!
    We cannot let them get away with this, this school was a rip off and we have proof!
    United we can overcome this false UEI so called SCHOOL!!
    First thing we can do is to get each others emails and info to contact each other and keep in touch...my email is [protected]@yahoo.com
    contact me lets be part of the solution .
    my name is Wladimir G. and i went to the Ontario campus

• Ro
        Rob C4 Oct 24, 2016

Dont get me started on Homeless abuse, I have several friends that have experienced the unfortunate wave of being homeless, they are probably more intellegent, respectful and down right good people that your average citizen that has taken life for granted. I had to witness (and we will call him fred) Fred just waling down the alley, when a black and white rolled up behind him and literally hit him and took off. several got it on tape when no more than an hour later the cops were swarming the neighborhood looking for that tape threatening anyone with knowledge to hand it over or face arrest and a beating.

another one, all be it we will call him clemens, Clemens was walking to a buddies place i guess to get some weed to smoke and the person he was getting it from conned him into something else and it turned out to be an overdose of Oxycontin, he weebled and wobbled into freeway speed traffic and was instantly killed, if that is not bad enough, the Coronor would not even to an autopsy lets put it this way all his friends said his 2 bottles of booze were unopened and he was not intoxicated and he doesnt do pills, someone slipped him a hot shot intentionally. In my eyes no one is homeless transition maybe but not homeless by the way do you spell that with one word or two? lastly I was in that same position once so I can speak from experience. it sucks but I lived thru it.
        Peace out
        Rob C4

Raul Torres Mtz Oct 24, 2016

Hello everyone,
        If you were part of the Cordova v UEI
        c/o Simpluris, Inc. case this concerns you. I got an email detailing what each class member would get approximately. I forcefully desagree and i'm asking to join forces and voice our desagreement: www.dsmw.com/news/uei_class_action_settlement_
        Shall you need to contact me: [protected] or preferably by email at [email protected] Thanks

• Ro
        Rob C4 Oct 22, 2016

I agree with prejudice,
        I totally agree with your complaint up to "We Need Justice" there is "Legal Justice" then there are Just Us the small Kumbiah circle that make up the wheels of justice that dont give a damn and will always win. Case and point in court, an individual took me to court once and evidently knew the judge, with that said I came to court with my 2 witnesses and as procedure they were asked to wait in the hall till called once all other cases had been adjudicated I was the last one, the judge ordered the courtroom closed and no witnesses be called by the defense. I did not get to speak other than be sworn in. I lost the case hands down and was ordered not to contest it with a counter claim. That my friends is Just Us.
        prior to that I was taken to court in a criminal proceeding, I had all the evidence to make my case, physical and all inc videos and what not. My attorney told me his hands were tied and not to question that and if a deal was offered he was taking it for me do or die, I said why I want to fight this with a jury pooll? he said go ahead and the prosecutor will fry you as with this particular very high profile case he will perjur himself and his witnesses to win at all costs and you will do 10 hard. I am going what the F*** my attorney said that is the high stakes game of Just Us.
        end of story.

Analidya Oct 22, 2016

Signed *

Analidya Oct 22, 2016

I agree with you I feel like they took advantage of us and we sing over to thousands of debt...

• Wi
        WillingToFightBack May 08, 2015

I use to work at UEI College and they prey on the homeless, felons and hardworking families and give them the lies and scam of lifetime job assistance. I've seen forged documents, falsified JOB placements, false grad changes and attendance's rosters forged and fraudulent activity. UEI College is more interested in getting Heald College students to pad their pockets even more, instead their soliciting UEI Graduates that they haven't helped with job placement with emails stating they're looking to help Heald College students to help them find a home and if you know of anyone please have them contact UEI College, Why don't they HELP UEI GRADUTES FIRST BEFORE HELPING ANOTHER COLLEGE THAT FAILED THE SAME WAY UEI COLLEGE WILL. NOTHING BUT BS. THEY DON'T CARE!!! THEY JUST WANT THE MONEY MORE STUDENT IN DEBT WITH A HUGE SCHOOL LOAN AND NO HELP!!! I know I tried to help everyone but since the graduate was enrolled to far back that they weren't important and helping them wouldn't matter towards ACCSC/ACCET Accreditation. I spoke with a couple of ex admission reps and they informed me they would take the placement test for the homeless and potential students that failed the placement test to meet ACCSC/ACCET Accreditation numbers!! UEI COLLEGE ALL CAMPUS ARE LIARS AND SCAM EVERYONE THEY ENROLL. COMPANY POLICY that school has policies LOL hmmmm everything I witnessed was so unethical out of compliance the curriculum is outdated for all programs and some instructors don't even care what happens there as long as they have a job, they're harassed, threaten and forced to change student grads and attendance to once again meet Accreditation regulations to keep ALL UEI SCHOOL'S OPEN AND RUNNING UNDER FALSE PRETENSES, FORGED DOCUMENTS, LIES, SCAM, FALSE HOPE AND DREAMS!! HORRIBLE COLLEGE!!! DON'T DO IT, FIGHT BACK AND BE HEARD TODAY!! FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS LOOK UP ACCSC/ACCET Accreditation complaints and SPEAK UP TODAY!!! You have the school loan not them and they won't help you pay it but they will stalk you harass you and call every family member to get a payment but not update you on anything you paid for!! please leave a comment so we can work together to BE HEARD AND MAKE A CHANGE FOR THE FUTURE AND STOP ALL UEI CAMPUS TODAY!!! REMEMBER ITS PERSONAL NOT BUSINESS!!! BY: willingtofightback

UEIselling false hopes and dreams

Going into my uei experience I was hopeful to land a great paying full time career, to support my unborn child, instead I am stuck with 10, 000 of debt and no job in the medical field. The instructors at the schools aren't the best and don't really know what they are talking about. This school is all about the money you owe them instead of actually teaching. While attending this schoool I felt the pressure of them wanting money every other freaking day. The staff and instructors send out false hopes saying we will land you a job, nope never happend or atleast some kind of leads nothing!!! Even after I Graduated I would return to career services and no one seemed able to help me out with getting leads to hiring companies. This has to be the worst waste of time in my life wish I never went here wasted my time, gas, and energy.

• Wi
          wilsondsmwlaw Aug 15, 2016

The UEI Class Action has settled for approximately $9 million in settlement monies. (Cordova et al. v. United Education Institute et al., AAA Case No. 73-516-Y-[protected]) In order to be eligible to receive settlement monies, CLASS MEMBERS MUST FILE A VALID CLAIM BY OCTOBER 4, 2016.

You are a member of the class and may be eligible to make a claim if you graduated from UEI’s California campuses on or after October 15, 2008 and enrolled before August 22, 2013, who, within six months of graduation, did not find employment working at least 32 hours per week in a single position, within their field of study.

You can also visit the UEI Settlement website at www.UEI.simpluris.com to read about the settlement and to complete a claim form online. If you have any questions about the class action, please contact us at [email protected]

• Co
          Collateral damage Feb 10, 2014

They need to spend time behind bars... Too take peoples money... Introduce them to people like detectives and dispatchers as if you can be in there jobs when graduating is such a lie, false hope is true and exactly what they do, one of the first things they do is explain how they are an accredited school ... NOT true no one in the USA excepts them as such. This school is not even considered as a college. I had someone with a warrant out for there arrest in my CJ class, and even pointed out a drug deal that happened in front of my class both cj instructors did nothing. Graduated in 2012, still no work ... I wasted a year of time away from my very young children, Gas money, child care cost, studying for test, that mean nothing . I have to retake every class that I took there, and some... I do not think me and my babies will ever come out of this debt.

• Cc
          [email protected] May 31, 2013

We need to put this school out of business and get our money back to go to a real school. Let get together...

• Cc
          [email protected] May 31, 2013

Same here all this money to pay with no job. Just a dream down the drain. They don't get you a job they give you another debt and no career...Thieft...

UEI — uei is a rip off to students

Well first i would like to start off by saying i started uei on may 15, 2012 the reason for me coming to thi...

UEI — medical asisstane program

I am a student here at uei the campus in riverside and I can truly say uei is full of lies and the...

UEI College — director of education

The new Director of Education at the school has the worst manners. She has run the school into the ground!...

UEI College — rip off

So I started Uei college in January 2012 when I started it seemed great everyone was nice lots of hands on...

UEI DENTAL ASSISTANT PROGRAM — them not giving a #!!!

My experience at uei was great at first great instructor MS.GARDNER she taught us like no other. we were all...

UEIall

Well!! when i enrolled into uei back in november 2011 a lot was said about how their success rate was good bla bla bla how my life would change after 8 months, granted every one's experience is different i know that.And the process was fast i mean the next day i was attending orientation and after was starting my first day of class and my financial aid had not been completed, so as classes were in session i was frequently pulled out of class to sign and finish my financial aid papers in which most of it was covered however the tuition options was big deal my payment became much higher than expected and yes the first payment was due the following month.soon after all that was done i found out my admin rep was no longer there, my class instructor was only with us for maybe a month then another instructor came in and have to say he was really good and he did not tolerate any b.s. like 3 months later he had informed the class he no longer be instructing our class, SO!! again we get another instructor which later found out he had been fired from uei in the past and for unknown reasons.and after he came aboard all hell broke loose i mean the class was always disrupted, disrespectful, and the street talk in the class was well you can fill the blanks in...this instructor's passion was not teaching and he made it clear to all and it showed in a big way.so i was nearing the end i was always communicating with my externship rep and discussed what area i wanted to go into which i assume is your choice..oh btw i took the cst computer systems technician course.he had set up a few sites for me and my first one went to a interview and thought it went well, so i return to the school to let my rep know how the interview went well guess what?i am told sorry he no longer works here, and could you come back in a few hours because the staff is in a meeting.I then return and another person will take over, well this person was a extern rep for a different course program not IT so i had to start over with a new rep in which that rep did not really know what i was wanting in to regards what area..anyway i am getting a little pissed and might not making to much sense here but i hope you think hard and do your research before deciding UEI COLLEGE as of right now i lay idled because my first 2 extern sites would be failing me and i know some critics would think otherwise...but again good luck on your choosing a school do your research...

Rayea Lang Aug 11, 2013

I agree! UEI is nothing but a scam to take your money, and teach nothing. It's like UEI is run by the Mafia and they are extorting money from the Government. I can not believe they are still open. They need to be shut down quick before they scam others. The school is a JOKE!!!

• Pa
            patty cv Aug 11, 2013

UEI in chula vista only can be explained as a money hungry, or grant stealing from government for every student they signed, The problem is they, don't care if you finish, as long as you apply for grants of approx $ 2000~4000 for. Each student, , so they get their money and the loan starts to accrue interest daily. I had 3 different instructors, most just read from teachers editions without any description of why or how to code, just read the answers while everyone wrote rhem down . Most of the software I, e, Medisoft for healthcare providers was never taught . The syllabus was a joke and my last teacher let a student take a test at his house, constantly talked about his lovers since he was gay, and pay more attention to the male students or discussing the lunch ideas with his few girlfriends, I feel he discrninated against those who weren't gay or didn't have a lot of money and really wanted to learn . I have several classmates that would be happy to testify to this fact. I did keep my grades recorded and they were always several data entry errors

Rayea Lang Oct 06, 2012

Please everyone, contact [email protected], [protected] and be added to a class action against UEI.

UEI Collagerip off

I started this school in august 2010.I wanted to go to a school where I can get a job right away with out doing all my general classes. I should of done more research about this school. First of the staff is not even professional. They were really demanding I had told them I had to discuss the price with my father and they kept insisting i sign up that day the price would go up if I waited. They assured me I would get a job in no time and I wouldn't have any trouble paying off the 15, 000 loan. I thought to my self well if I'm going to get a job and start my career I should do it. It's been a year since I graduated. I have yet to find a job. I go in and call UEI constantly they never help. This is the worst school you can ever attend. They only want your money. After you graduate they forget all about you and start worrying about the money. They told me they wouldn't start to charge me six months AFTER i get a JOB, well months into the program they were already charging me. This school is such a scam they should shut it down, all they do is victimize people. I really don't know why after all these years its still up. All were stuck with is 15, 000 loan and no job. None of my classmates or other students have found a job. Seriously, the WORST school ever. Save your money and just attend a city collage its longer but its worth it.

• Du
              Ducky87 Jul 20, 2012

No one can truly guarantee you a job straight out of school. Loan payments start 6 months post-graduation, whether you have a job or not. Only other option you have is to defer them.

UEIrip off

THIS SCHOOL IS A ###IN SCAMMMM!!!

I attended UEI back in 2011, finished in jan. 2012 (Medical Assisting). I swear I wasted 9 months of my life at that ###in place, not only did i not learn anything or get any jobs out of it. But the school itself is a joke, you learn more about the teachers personal lives then you do about the education that your paying them 16 grand for. Not to say they had the nerve to tell me that i owe them a extra $100.00 all because they said the month that i enrolled they were broke (how is that i flaut??!). And the fact that they charged me $75.00 registration is supposed to $50.00! When I started at UEI I paid off everything with cash up front. I know for a fact i dont owe anything to that ###in ### bag place.

I would advise everyone to stay away from trade schools, ESPICALLY UEI !

• Bl
                bladyg Apr 03, 2013

United we can overcome this false UEI so called SCHOOL!!
                First thing we can do is to get each others emails and info to contact each other and keep in touch...my email is [email protected]
                contact me lets be part of the solution .
                my name is Wladimir G. and i went to the Ontario campus

Rayea Lang Oct 06, 2012

i AGREE WITH LaureOchoa123, AND EVERYONE THAT HAS COMPLAINT AGIST THIS SO CALLED JOKE OF A SCHOOL. They Need to close down this Damm so called school!! UEI IS A F------G JOKE TEACHERS ARE A JOKE, AND OFFICE STAFF SAY ANYTHING TO SIGN YOU UP, JUST TO GET THE MONEY. I SEE THAT NOT ONLY SAN DIEGO UEI IS A JOKE, BUT ALSO EVERY WHERE. WE NEED TO START A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.

UEIunproffessional and costly

THIS PLACE IS THE WORST. I AM AN ACTIVE DUTY SERVICE MEMBER AND MY HUSBAND AND I THOUGHT THAT IF HE GOT HIS PHARMACY TECH LICENSE THROUGH HERE HE WOULD FIND A DECENT JOB. THEY LIED TO US FROM THE BEGINNING BY STATING THEY WOULD ASSIST US FROM BEGINNING TO END, THEY NEVER TILL THIS DAY (YEAR AFTER HE GRADUATED AND HAS YET TO RECEIVE HIS LICENSE) KNOW HIS NAME DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE CALLS AND EMAILS OFTEN! IF I PROVIDED THAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE MILITARY GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO MY CAREER. NOT ONLY DID THEY LIE, BUT THE SAME PEOPLE WERE NEVER THERE, SO OF COURSE NO ONE IS EVER UP TO DATE ON YOUR PARTICULAR ISSUE AND YOU GET PASSED AROUND LIKE SOME OBJECT FROM ONE IGNORANT PERSON TO THE NEXT. THE ONLY THING WE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH WAS BILLING OF COURSE, :) UEI NEVER MISSES A PAYMENT.

Rayea Lang Oct 06, 2012

PLEASE EVERYONE, PLEASE FILE A COMPLAIN AGAINST UEI SAN DIEGO, OR WHEREVER YOU GOT RIPPED OFF, FILE WITH http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/about.shtm. IF WE ALL FILE, THEY MIGHT JUST CLOSE THAT DAMM SCHOOL DOWN. THEY CAN NOT GET AWAY WITH THERE LIES, THEY DISTROED A LOT OF PEOPLE.

• As
                  Ashleywolford Aug 16, 2012

I had several horrible experiences at uei I contacted an attorney to help victims get their tuition money back please contact me at [email protected] this is ligitimate and will be worth your time. please contact me immediately

UEI — they hire career service advisors with criminal records to con you!

One of the advisors initials J.O. is known fired previous school Devry taking youngr students smoke weed with...

UEI — false advertiment

my daughter went there for medical billing and was told she would have a job in a few month's she was a...

UEI — sueing

i'm in the process of wanting to sue UEI i have done a lot of research on it and watched tons of...

United Education Institute — waste of money

In April of 2010, I was at a point where I needed to do something and fast. So I had received information...

UEI College — scam &school&

I attended UEI TO GET A STABLE "career". Although I was working already, I decided to complete the Pharmacy...

UEI — I highly do not recommend this school!

I attended UEI in 2009 and graduated in the dental assisting program in honors and great grades. I was one of...