University of South Africa [UNISA] Logo

University of South Africa [UNISA]

Having problems with University of South Africa [UNISA]?

University of South Africa [UNISA] Customer Service Contacts

+27 124 293 111 (Customer Service)
+27 124 415 888 (Re-admissions)
+27 124 294 016 (Applications)
+27 124 415 702 (Master's & Doctoral Qualifications)
+27 124 415 700 (College of Accounting Sciences)
+27 124 415 583 (College of Education)
+27 124 415 701 (College of Human Sciences)
+27 124 415 703 (College of Law)
+27 124 415 704 (College of Science, Engineering & Technology)
+27 124 415 705 (Licensees & International Students)
+27 124 415 706 (Exemptions)
+27 124 415 457 (Access & Matriculation Exemption)
+27 124 293 710 (General Assignment Enquiries)
+27 124 293 958 (General Assignment Enquiries)
+27 114 713 170 (General Assignment Enquiries)
+27 114 712 764 (General Assignment Enquiries)
1 Preller St.
Pretoria
South Africa - 0002
University of South Africa, Postal Address
PO Box 392, Unisa, 0003

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with University of South Africa [UNISA] Customer Service. Initial University of South Africa [UNISA] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for University of South Africa [UNISA] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about University of South Africa [UNISA]. Discuss the issues you have had with University of South Africa [UNISA] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

University of South Africa [UNISA]M&D bursary claim not being paid

From the year 2019 until last year I was on the unisa M&D bursary, the first year I applied for the bursary in 2019 everything went smoothly and my fees were paid in time. But last year I had applied for the bursary before the closing date, however my bursary was only paid in late October and the contract for the bursary was sent to me in early October. In early November I made a claim for language and technical editing but I have not received any response. I sent over 10 emails to dsf postgrad without any response or success. All I got was acknowledgement emails with reference numbers. I am frustrated because I have submitted my dissertation for technical and language editing and don't have the funds to pay. This is disappointing and frustrating.

University of South Africa [UNISA]Admission

I finished my exam 2020 and did apply for admission 2021 unisa didn't update the exam marks on the admission and for that I can't start my new studies. I past all my exams and are done with my studies. I tried to send emails no respond try calling the numbers don't work. My studies are on hold because unisa don't do their work that they getting paid for unisa don't care at all.

University of South Africa [UNISA]October/ November 2020 Examination result - PVL 3703

My student number is [protected]
      In this module I erroneously wrote the wrong assignment for assignment 1 semester 2 I was awarded as 0 which I believe I deserved, In assignment 2 I got a 75% which was divided by two to give me a semester mark of 35%.

I fully committed my self to the exam and my exam mark came out as a 0. I really do not believe that I got a Zero and I cannot remark since the grade is below a remark grade. Please can somebody help check my script.
      Kind regards

Oct 13, 2020

University of South Africa [UNISA] — Student no.: [protected] - mylife not working, requested statement of account and results for my bursary

I have registered with Unisa at the beginning of the year. I have a bursary paying for my studies. Beginning...

University of South Africa [UNISA]Inconvenience during jan/feb exams

I was very unhappy to go write my exams at Randburg due to the Unisa strike that takes place every year whereas I choose Florida as the exam venue during registration. This is such an inconvenience to us. This is not acceptable at all as it had a huge impact on me during the exams. Exam time on its own is stressful, and changing the exam venue on the last days adds more stress.

It would be grateful if there can be an option of first preference and second preference on exam venues. It would then be easier for me to go to the second nearest exam venue if something comes up on the first chosen venue, not the University making decisions for us. Randburg is too far for me even if it falls under Roodepoort. Ormonde is the second convenient option for me than Randburg.

University of South Africa [UNISA]Exam results

Its been a month being sent back and forth over my exam results for module PBA4802. Results for this module were released except mine. I have settled all outstanding fees however my exam results still don't reflect on the system. Im stuck, i can't plan my future because my qualification is incomplete because of the pending exam results. Unisa (School of Business Leadership) has messed up my life.

University of South Africa [UNISA]Bad service

I am a first student at Unisa. Paid my outstanding fees in May 2020 when my exam started. Proof of payments were also sent but nobody is responding, I phone all the numbers provided on the website with no lunch. I cannot view my results and start my second semester because of this and I sent proof of payment more thAn 5 times

Bad service
            Bad service

University of South Africa [UNISA]Student academic record

I have applied for student academic record one month ago and no reply or support from UNISA, I have tried to call no one answers the phone, and my due date to submit the document is nearing and my future studies depends on this document.

Online portal, the function for downloading or email is temporarily suspended. This is a serious case.

Very frustrated

University of South Africa [UNISA]Can not register for 2nd semester

Since the opening of the second semester registrations 9 June 2020, I have not been able to register for my modules for 2nd semester. Everytime I click on add modules, a page pops up, telling me my courier address is duplicated. I have tried over 10 different addresses, ranging from Pretoria to Johannesburg, it does not allow any address and continues with the same error "courier address duplicate". I have send emails to Unisa, complained on Facebook and send emails to professors. This problem has not been solved after a month and I can not register for my second semester. I have already paid my deposit, so I do not even owe Unisa any money at the moment.

University of South Africa [UNISA]I am complaining that unisa has not paid me for the oct/nov exams

I am a invigilator in Namibia.
                  In Nov the financial department told me that they did not receive my claim forms.
                  Since Nov it is a battle with emails.
                  Mr Mogoshoa gave me his personal telephone number. He told me that the claims were processed. And there it stopped.
                  I am really disappointed in the way your are handling this matter.
                  D Beukes

University of South Africa [UNISA]Unisa

I am a final year BEd student and have only 4 modules left to complete my degree.

In January this year I registered and paid for these modules, one of them being a practical module.

To date I have not received all of my study materials. In particular, I am missing the very necessary Practical Booklet, containing assignment 50.

I am emigrating soon and it is essential that I complete my studies.

I have emailed both the Despatch department and the Teaching Prac department and have received nothing but automated responses.

I then emailed everyone including the lecturer and was brushed off.

What do you suggest I do?

I've paid more than R60 000 to Unisa and am very upset at the treatment I am receiving.

Jan 30, 2020

University of South Africa [UNISA] — bad service

I sent an online application around October 2019, .I got confirmation for my application via sms and that wa...

University of South Africa [UNISA]rude post grad supervisor

The professor does not respond to emails on time. When he decides to responds his emails are rude and abstract yet they are supposed to be guiding us, what does it mean when you have a supervisor who rights comments like "you dont know what you are talking about", "I am a busy person do not write things that do not make sense, you are wasting my time and your time", "you have no interest in what you are doing" "you dont care about your work", "you have copied and pasted" they have software to check if the information has been plagiarized why coming to a conclusion like that when they have not even checked it. When i check it myself there is 2% plagiarism but the professor makes such a bold comment. We are paying to learn and they are supposed to be guiding us with constructive comments

Jan 03, 2020

University of South Africa [UNISA] — phones not being answered and potchefstroom consultants not willing to assist

We have tried to contacting UNISA on the following numbers: [protected] [protected] [protected] 012 429...

University of South Africa [UNISA]declined application

Dear Ms Deleted

I applied for a master's program but I forgot to upload departmental questionnaire form. On the 15th November 2019, I received an email from UNISA requesting me to upload the departmental questionnaire form. I uploaded it on the 17th November 2019. On the 12 December 2019 I received two emails, one was requesting me to upload a CV and a research content, a minute later I received an email informing me that my a has been declined because I didn't upload the departmental questionnaire form.

I wanted to find out what happened because I uploaded it. I was told that indeed I had uploaded it but it was not completed. My question is is why I was not told from the 17 November until 12 December to rectify.

Kind Regards
                        Ndlovu T
                        Student no:[protected]

Dec 02, 2019

University of South Africa [UNISA] — not receiving assignment back in 3 months

M.Ed MEDFOLF/101 I have handed in an assignment on 24 July 2019. I have not yet received it back. I need it...

University of South Africa [UNISA]polokwane invigilators

Good day,

During exams it is a hard time for students, I do not need anyone shouting at me for sitting in the wrong place. What happened to "excuse me mam, what are you writing? You are not supposed to be there"

Invigilators in Polokwane are not professional, I do not appreciate being addressed unprofessionally, Yes I was sitted where I was not supposed to however that issue could have been handled professinally.

Sad and disappointed Student

Oct 16, 2019

University of South Africa [UNISA] — lecturer's for com4808 misconduct

Dear Unisa, It brings me great sadness to write this complaint. But I find myself without a choice...

University of South Africa [UNISA]re:study material problem

Dear sir/madam

I Thompho Francinah Tshivhase student no [protected] hereby stating that since i regitered on the 17 july 2019 i did not received my study material.

Now i am worried how am i going to make it on my exam without reading because i am due to my exam in the next two weeks to come.

i will be happy if my complaint concidered.

yours faithfully
                            T.F. Tshivhase

• Updated by thompho tshivhase · Oct 10, 2019

Hi am tshivhase thompho francinah my regisration was confirmed on the 17-07-2019 but my study material has not yet been delivered to me and i am now 2 week away from my exams

University of South Africa [UNISA]I have not yet received my study material

My registration was confirmed on the 1st of August 2019 but my study material has not yet been delivered to me by Katlego logistics and yet I am now 2 weeks away from my exams. I have been calling and emailing the courier company but Noone has been helpful.
                              This is a big inconvenience to me as some of the textbooks which I paid extra for are not available on the my unisa site.
                              I need UNISA to contact Katlego and demand them to release my study material and compensate me for the inconvenience. For next semester please subcontract a better courier company and drop this Katlego holdings