United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC] Logo

United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC]

Having problems with United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC]?

+1 888 895 6134 (Customer Service)
+1 866 504 2133 (Dealer Support)
+1 888 376 7149 (Title Questions)
+1 888 376 7148 (Accounts in Bankruptcy)
+1 800 694 1800 (Employment Inquiries)
PO Box 163049
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Illegal business practices

In October of 2016 I financed a vehicle with Tidalwave Finance. A year later United Auto Credit purchased Tidalwave and the hell begins... I make my payments to United Auto Credit then in 2019 I ran in to some issues that caused me to be late on a couple of payments but quickly got back on track. Then I started looking through my account with them and noticed my balance wasn't going down. I started off with a $10, 000 loan for 3 years and by mid 2019 I still had a balance owed of $7500! How is that possible paying on the car for 3 years with my payments being $342 per month. Do the math. So going back and forth with them got me nowhere. Then towards the end of 2019 I hit another issue and just said screw it my balance was not going down.

I called them and requested a voluntary surrender. They asked for my address and showed up in the middle of the night and repoed it. Why I was ready to hand over the keys. Bad company doing illegal stuff. Stay far away from United Auto Credit.

Supervisor and customer service

I called in asking for help with a deferment or anything to help through the holidays. The first woman I...

violation of fdpca

I have a vehicle finance with this company for 2 years and it has been total hell. The representatives have...

Extremely Rude and Unprofessional

We have a vehicle finance thru this company currently and we have had it for over a year! ..the first 10 months where great with no issue, well all these changed when I got ill and my spouse lost his job. He got a new job right away but since his first check was coming in 3 days late and wasn't going to be a full check plus I needed surgery and still needed to pay my co payment and doctor so, I asked for a payment arrangement and the lady I spoke to said it was fine and gave it to. Then once I paid my first installment that's when everything changed and got super ugly with this company! They started harassing me and my family, they stated that I broke my arrangement when I didn't pay a larger amount that I never agreed too and then when I was trying to explain the lady named Wendy told me to shut up and let her talk and after that I refused to speak to her so I wanted a supervisor and he was even worse! He accused me of trying to get out of paying my vehicle but yet obviously still I pay my cellphone and accused me of having bill collectors calling me and said it's obvious I can't afford nothing and said he is done doing business with me and wanted the vehicle back asap! .. He knew I needed this vehicle due to my illness and situation! So I had to postpone my surgery and sent in everything he wanted so I can keep it! But what's worse I still was getting harassing calls and they treated me worse then ever! I have never been treated so disrespectful and stereo typed before in my life!..Please STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! .. They don't deserve to be in business or have your hard working money.. and people still ask why am I still with them and it's simple I have never had a repo and my credit is ok but still not where my personal bank will finance me just yet but this company hasn't reported my payments and so far my payout is way higher then I still owe, so basically I am royal screwed to this company for another 6 months

Unprofessional / unethical lending

I had a 2 year loan with them on my 2004 Chevy Avalanche and 15 months into (with no late payments and...

Resolved saying i owe more monies

i totaled this vehicle in sept. 08, the ins. company paid the finance company what the vehicle was worth, the gap ins. paid the finance comp. and i paid the rest of the money that was owed the finance company in 09, today on november 4th, 2011 i recieved a call from ms. wells that works for united auto credit saying i owed them more money. after 2 years why contact me now? i feel this company is a scam! and needs to be checked into!

Resolved lack of communication

Years ago (2005)when I was 19 I got a loan through UAC for a little over 10k. Tags and taxes was suppose to be added into the loan and they told me it would be but in the end it wasnt. I was never able to get the truck in my name due to lack of funds. about 6 months after I got the truck i lost my job and moved. Advised them I would do a voluntary surrender of the truck. They faxed me paperwork to sign but after reading it they wanted me to start paying on the amount due every month right away. They wanted me to pay more than my monthly payments at that. If i cant pay my monthly payments why would i give them my truck and pay them more every month. I got an attorny and he called them, talked to them and they called him an ### and hung up on him. They repoed my truck and sold it. Since than I have not received one letter or phone call from them. A few years ago I checked my credit reports and since they sold my truck they have been charging me almost $200 a month for non-payment. I think as of right now my credit reports say i owe almost 17k. Its the only negative thing on my credit report and I have tried calling for the past 2 years and get directed to a voicemail where no one EVER calls me back. They branch I origanially went to closed. Now im calling 800 numbers and getting the run around. Im now in the process of speaking to another attorney to see my options. Does anyone have any suggestions?

put fails info on Credit REPORT

United Auto Credit Corporation Messed my Credit up for 9 month's. i was never late on payment's at all thay put it on my credit report as REDEEM REPO. We was wondering why we Could not Trade the Truck off at any dealer ship. Until one dealer told us why .then i took out the check book and showed the sale's person i was never late Ever since i bought the truck. the sale's person gave me the credit report too. United Auto Credit Corporation was checking my Credit report and saw i was trying to Trade that Truck off.thay wanted to Mess up my credit to KEEP me paying that 24% interest . When i Called them about them messing up my credit the guy told me oh how did that get on there and laughed about it. i told him i do not think it's a laughing matter when you guy messed up my credit for 9 month's .I could not trade that Truck off because of that on my Credit report.Ya thay fixed it but it was to late NO ONE WANTED THAT TRUCK NOW FOR A TRADE IN.

Resolved Harassament

YES UAC CALLS AND CALLS THEY DON'T WORK WITH YOU LIKE OTHER PEOPLE THEY JUST WANT THEY MONEY I WANT A...

Calls to non customers

I am married to someone who used to be married (20 yrs ago) to someone whose debt to United auto credit is now in collections. I don't know how they tracked me down since I have never met my husband's ex-wife who is the person they are looking for and we don't know where she is either. I am being contacted every 1-2 weeks for 6 months now after calling them back repeatedly to ask them to stop calling me because I don't know this woman and have never even met her. I have done some research and for those of you who wish to file a complaint here is some info you may find helpful:
To report an alleged violation of your rights and file a complaint against a debt collector, start by contacting your state’s attorney general. If your state has its own laws (in addition to federal debt collection laws) governing collection procedures, your attorney general’s office will know.
You can also contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and file a complaint. The FTC does not resolve problems; it records complaints, and looks for patterns and trends about a particular business.
To file a complaint with the FTC about a debt collector’s practices, write to:

Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580

You can also file a complaint online in English, or En Español, or, call the FTC’s toll-free helpline at 1-877-FTC-HELP [protected]); TTY: [protected].
There is no federal license or registration required for collection agencies. However, in some states debt collectors must register or apply for a state license. Licensing requirements vary from state to state. Many states also require collection agencies to be bonded. In some states, such as California, there may have been prior requirements for licensing of collectors, resulting in state regulations being retained on the books of the state even after the regulatory agency has been disbanded. These regulations may provide additional details and support for legal arguments of what is considered proper. To learn more about the licensing and bonding requirements for collection agencies operating in your state, link to your state's collection law through Attachment A, www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs27plus.htm. If your state is not listed, contact your state's attorney general through the National Association of Attorneys General web site, www.naag.org.

You may also contact your state's consumer protection office through the federal government's Consumer Action web site, www.consumeraction.gov/state.shtml.

Resolved Errenous info on Experian Credit Report

I discovered last Fri (3-19-'10) that United Auto Credit has me, on the Experian Credit Report, a...

Resolved Harrassment And Rude

We have had a loan with this company for the past 2 years. They constintly harass us. If our loan falls due on a Sunday I wait till Monday to pay it and before I even get up they are calling. They are very rude, hateful, mean and call multiple times a day till you make ur payment. My contract states there is a 15 day grace period, they even call before the due date. They have been told numerous time not to contact my husband at work, even by his employer, and they are still harassing him at work. They even went as far as contacting a man who lives down our street with a paper to give to us when we got 5 days late on a payment. We sitll have more payments with this company and I sure hope someone can find a way to put a stop to the harassment and the way this company treats people.

• Ho
    hot tempered Mar 13, 2010

I agree totally, I have had a loan with them for two years as well. they are very rude, unprofessional and uncaring. I have had them call my phone 15 times in one day. This is nonsense and unexcusable. If you try telling them you will pay on a certain day, they continue to call anyways and yell and threaten you. I do not recommend using this company for any reason. UACC should be brought down by a class act or something. I mean really is all the rudeness needed???

• Da
    danburr Dec 17, 2010

I had a jeep financed with UACC out of Charlotte, NC. I regret to this day that I got it financed with them but they were the only one that I could get financed with due to my credit. There is/was a guy named Kevin that works there who is a TOTAL jerk. He called me once like a few days before my payment was due. I told him that it was going to be a day late cause of a situation that had arose. He said that if i couldn't pay it on time that I needed to go sell my blood, kidney, or other organ so that i could make my payment on time. At other times, he would call the 5 contacts that I had to give them and tell them to let me borrow money so that I would make my payment on time and would also discuss my account with them. I contacted the headquarters and was told that there wasn't anything that they could do because it would be my word against his. If any1 ever wants to file a class action lawsuit against this corrupt, unprofessional, and harassing company let me know. I know Kevin has told others the same thing he told me because of reports on /link removed/

• Tr
    Traniece Jul 15, 2017

Hello friend. I have finance an 2005 explore i only had that truck about 3 weeks just got it in aug 2016 i having problems with so i had contact them to let them know about what was going on with it needed an new engine so pretty much they had sold me a bad truck and telling me i still have to make my payments and the truck is not drive able i had lost my job behind it cause it was my only transportation so i gave it back to them and went somewhere else . I still getting these harassment calls telling me they will garnish my check it i don't pay for that vehicle and i don't have it anymore they had already sold it to somebody they wouldn't give me no advice on trying to get it fix or nothing they was just wanted the money now 2017 today still getting these calls.

Resolved harassment

Very rude and unethical. a coupe of us want to do a lawsuit, we are in the same boat, how do we jump aboard!!!

Resolved Theives

My wife got a 2006 Saturn Vue through United Auto credit. She payed on time every single month for two year...

Resolved liers

my vehichle i was buying threw the company i lost it in a house fire...i have tryed to contact them but the phone number and business has closed down... they have it on my credit report..i WANT IT OFF MY CREDIT REPORT..I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT THEM TO SETTLE MY 2 THOUSAND WHAT I OWE ON THE VEHICHLE... NO RESPOND... HOW DO I TAKE THIS OFF MY CREDIT REPORT..

• So
    someonewhoknowssomething Nov 14, 2009

Your issue has nothing to do with the company. You applied and received credit through a financial company. It will remain on your credit generally for 7 years after there has been no activity if its paid in full. Otherwsie, there are cases, where it can remain on your credit for up to 14 years. Make sure you read all of your paperwork before signing anything.

Resolved unfair fee's

we were informed today that this company is closing there office in my area, We can mail in our payment to...

Resolved Unethical practice/link to parent company of United Auto

To all United Auto Credit Corp. LoanVictims: Im SURE you all will find this link to be helpful! UNITED PAN AM...

Resolved rude, very unprofessional, and don't return phone calls

I called to pay on my bill. This guy was a representative for United Auto Credit Corporation and he was very rude to me and ask if I could afford this car. I have been paying on this vehicle for the past 5 years. Toward the end of my contract. I got injured and had to leave my job. I have only 3-4 payments left on this vehicle and Im waiting my edd. They have no ideal that I m doing my best to pay off this car. I called and talk to another representative, and she did not give her name. She promised to call me back and never did. They are the most rediculous loan company I have ever had to deal with. If I could I would drag their name into the mud.

• Ke
    KELLEY LIND Dec 22, 2011

WELL I HAVE YOU ALL BEAT...THEY TOOK MY CAR FROM A POLICE INPOUND ON DEC 12, 2011 THE CAR IS NO TO BE RELEASED UNTIL JAN [email protected]:00AM PER MY TICKET THE WOULD NOT GIV THE CAR TO MY HUSBAND WHICH HE PAYS THE BILLS EVERY MONTH. THEY DONT CARE... ALL PAYMENT ARE CURRENT... BUT UNTIL I GO TO COURT ON THAT DAY THEY
    WILL NOT GIVE ME MY CAR AND I WAS TOLD TODAY... THAT THEY ARE SELLING THE CAR IN IN 4 DAYS...I AM A MOTHER OF 5 AND WORKED VERY HARD TO BUY THIS CAR I HAVE HAD IT FOR 15MONTHS PUT 4, 000.00 DOWN AND NOW I AM OUT A TOTAL OF 10, 000.00 DOLLARS AND HAVE NO CAR... AND NO WAY TO WORK... THEY DID THIS ON PURPOSE... I WAS NOT TOLD BY THE COPS OR THE AUTO LOAN COMPANY TIL TODAY YA LIKE WHAT CAN I DO OVER THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY... TO GET IT BACK... I WANT TO FIGHT THE TICKET BUT THEY ARE FORCING ME TO PAY IT OR LOOSE THE CAR FOR GOOD MERRY CHRISTMAS

• Dr
    Drew Brown Dec 27, 2012

I am in complete agreement. I had a 2 year loan with them on my 2004 Chevy Avalanche and 15 months into (with no late payments and consistently paying a bit extra) I lost my job and fell behind...I tried to make a payment arrnagement to coincide with my unemployment payments and was treated as though I was the worse ### of the earth. I asked if I could make my regular monthly payment on the due date and then make an online payment each week when I received my check to catch up the 2 months I fell behind. I was informed that they NEVER accept a partial payment under any circumstances and I needed to pay the full amount at once or they would take the vehicle. I should also mention that the reason I fell behind in the first place was because I had to put in a new altenator and brake pads...I told the James (the rep I was speaking with) that I would need to get in touch with my parents to see if they could help out but would need a few days as they were away and also live 1000 miles away from me. He said that would be fine and he would call me back the next day to see where I was at-he never did and I called and left a message for him that I would be able to pay the back amount but needed about a week for the check to clear and asked that I be called back to confirm, which was not done. 2 days later they came and took the truck. I have learned my lesson to ALWAYS do some research on a company prior to signing the papers as this ended up costing me my new job as well because I ended up with no way to get to work 60 miles away. From what some of my peers have told me, they received better service from buy-here pay here lots than wth this company.
    All I have to say is "buyer beware" this company is as bad, perhaps even worse, than the predatory mortgage lenders of several years ago,

Resolved Rude, Harrassing, interogating, ripoff company

I have been harassed with phone calls up to 23 times a day after missing a car payment. The latest complaint...

Resolved VERY RUDE ,HARRASSING

THESE PEOPLE ARE VERY RUDE, THEY HARRASSE YOU ALLDAY LONG BY CALLING YOUR PHONE 4 TO 6 TIMES ADAY. THEY CALL...