Menu

UltraShield  -  lazy boy recliner

S
Author of the complaint
4:31 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased a Lazy Boy Recliner as my husband was in the hospital having just had bypass surgery and need something that reclined to sit/sleep in once he got home. I was encouraged to purchase the ultra shield warranty so if there where any stains or rips in the funiture they would fix it. I have never purchased a warranty on furniture before, but due to the situation, I thought it was good idea. I was completely wrong! Less than 2 years later the recliner had a hole in the material. (All the other furniture in my house is older than this recliner and none have holes in them.) I call Ultra Shield. After 3 calls, I finally received a call back. They told me to e-mail pictures and the original receipt. I did that very day. They never responded. I resent it 2 more times, no reponse. I called them. They told me I was denied as it was normal wear and tear. Seriously, normal wear and tear!? An $1800 Lazy Boy Recliner should have a hole in it in less than 2 years!? Ultra Shield Warranties are a complete rip off and Lazy Boy should be ashamed to use them! For that matter I will never buy another Lazy Boy product again either. Way to expensive for a shoddy product! I have better furniture in my house from Overstock.com! (No holes in my much older overstock furniture.)

View 0 more photos