Menu

P
Author of the complaint
3:14 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I paid nearly $300 for a 10 year warranty for my furniture from this company. Even though I followed the application instructions, kept all necessary documentation and contacted them immediately to file my claim, my claim was denied. The companies position on the matter changed from me not applying the product correctly to the furniture having a "manufacturer defect" to the furniture material not being covered under their warranty.
After months of getting the run around from Ultra Shield I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau only to find out that Ultra Shield hadn't become a member of the BBB until after the initial purchase of my furniture and their warranty therefore the BBB could not support me in litigation. I was, however, advised that the Attorney General Office in the State of Kentucky has a consumer rights and protection division that may pursue matters such as this if multiple similar complaints are filed with the BBB and brought to the attention of the Attorney General.
If you have had a negative experience with Ultra Shield, I urge you to file a complaint with both the BBB and the Attorney General Office of Kentucky. Companies like Ultra Shield should not be allowed to take advantage of consumers and get away with it. File a complaint or contact the BBB at www.bbb.org or by phone at [protected]. File a complaint or contact the Attorney Generals Office of Kentucky at ag.ky.gov or by phone at [protected].

More UltraShield complaints & reviews

UltraShield - scam and cheating
UltraShield - warranty
UltraShield - warranty
UltraShield - damage leather
1 comments
D
Aug 01, 2014 9:01 am

I live in Maine and fully agree with your comments regarding Ultra Shield. I've had a complaint in since April 2014 and they are still giving me the run around. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. They sent a furniture repair company over to my house just to look at the skirting on my sofa to say the skirting needs to be replaced because the chemical that Ultra Shield sent me bleached out the skirting. Then I receive a letter from Ultra Shield in the mail stating that because they don't have my phone number the technician who is scheduled to come look at the sofa cannot get hold of me! I called them and informed them that a technician had already been to my house a month ago. They had no record of it. So I had to give them the contact information for the furniture repair guy who showed up at our house in a van with long hair (pretty scary). Anway, as of 7/24/14, Ultra Shield has not received any report from this repair service. I've contacted him in person and have left voicemails and he does not return my call. What is going on Ultra Shield? DO NOT BUY THIS SERVICE WHEN PURCHASING NEW FURNITURE, OBVIOUSLY THEY DON'T CARE OR STAND UP TO THEIR SUPPOSEDLY "WARRANTY' SERVICE!

Debra Hartford, Me

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

24 complaints