Having problems with Ulta Beauty?

Ulta Beauty reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 6, 2008. The latest review Delivery to Incorrect Address and customer service unhelpful in resolving was posted on Apr 1, 2021. The latest complaint Horrible customer service that doesn’t resolve anything was resolved on Sep 09, 2020. Ulta Beauty has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 257 reviews. Ulta Beauty has resolved 48 complaints.

Ulta Beauty Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 983 8582 (USA and Canada)
1000 Remington Blvd, Ste 120
Sat10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ulta Beauty Complaints & Reviews

Ulta Salon — hair service

Date of the incident: Had 4-5 appointments between September and October 2015. I went in, to a stylist I had...

Ulta — rewards program

Or should I call it Bait and Switch? I have been a loyal customer, having achieved platinum over the last few...

Ulta.com — cancelling an order

I browsed through the website last night and ordered $43 worth of things. This morning, I regret the order so...

ulta salon — harassment

The new salon manager is so unprofessional her name is Andrea and has not one ounce of talent. Her favorite...

Ultaterrible customer service

Ulta makes it impossible to reach them to get my money back. They shipped me less than half of my over 200 dollar order. When I called to resolve the issue they told me. (after 3 calls and 2 supervisors) that they could not help me because a "corporate policy" limits refunds to 65 dollars. I tried to reach corporate offices and was routed to a voicemail box. they never responded to my messages or to the contacts I left on the website "contact us" link. At this point I still have not gotten my money back from them and they have still not responded. The only help the customer care supervisor offered was for me to contact my bank and dispute the charges. I didn't do anything wrong and my bank didn't do anything wrong. Ulta made a mistake and didn't ship my order. They are not taking any responsibility or making any attempt to stand behind their service. I am very upset and will never shop with them again and encourage others to avoid them as well.

Ulta 3rude staff and inappropriate attitude

I received the coupon to the Ulta 3 salon. I was disappointed in the services and attitude. At the beginning, the manager spoke with me in polite manner and was really helpful, but after she heard that I had the coupon, she started to behave like an idiot. She wasn’t friendly and polite any more. Stay away from these horrible people and post comments about your stuff with them. I won’t advise this place to other people.

Ultamissing free perfume sample of givenchy dahlia noir

Supposed to get 3 perfume samples with my order. Received 2 and a piece of cardboard with picture of givenchy dahlia noir, but no sample. I have bought givenchy perfume before and really liked it. I am anxious to get this sample! Please send it to me.

Thanks, please respond to this!
      Mary beth borchardt
      3416 dencrest ct. Se
      Smyrna, ga 30080
      Usa

Order date: 9/10/2014 process code: [protected] order no: [protected] delivery # [protected]

Ulta Beauty — employment

I was hired as a part time employee, during the interview I explained how I had a full time job and I wa...

ULTA Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc.allegations of illegal conduct

Our law firm is currently representing two former ULTA employees in California with respect to the following alleged claims of illegal conduct: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

· Sexual Harassment
        · Physical Injury
        · Emotional Distress
        · Gender Discrimination
        · Wage and Hour Violations (denial of lunch breaks, overtime pay issues, delay in issuing final paycheck, etc.)
        · Requiring “Voluntary” Resignation Letter

If you have any information and/or experienced such misconduct or know of persons who have, please contact us at:

Kirk C. Chamberlin, Esq.
        Encino, CA [protected]
        Telephone: 818.385.1256
        Facsimile: 818.385.1802
        Website: www.CKBLLP.com

Other than the content of this posting, CHAMBERLIN KEASTER & BROCKMAN LLP and its attorney/employees neither endorse nor are responsible for this site or its contents.

Ulta Beautyover booked & mismanaged

Re: Ulta in Denton, TexasMay 10, 2014 was Prom for Ryan High School in Denton Texas. I booked appointments for hair & makeup 3 weeks ahead of the prom. 2 weeks before the hair stylist, Chantal, called & said it was her brother's graduation night but she would book with an alternate stylist and text me the details. I encouraged her to alternately book us as family is always first. I told her to move us to earlier rather than later as we live so far away. However, I never heard back from Chantal. So, on the next Saturday morning, 1 week before prom, I went into the store to confirm appointments. I was told my daughter's appointment was moved to Margaret (the mgr) and confirmation would be texted to me. NO text received. I called on Wednesday, 3 days before prom, to confirm and was indeed confirmed for 3:30 with Margaret. We arrived for our appointment at 3:25. Margaret was just beginning another girl's hair, the makeup artist (Bailey) was two girls deep. I asked it they were going to get to my daughter in time for us to get home and dress as we live out in the county. Margaret said "Well, we ARE under staffed". Well hells bells - no kidding. We ended up leaving. I drove right down the street to Great Clips at Oak Tree. I told the ladies there what happened and those women had a plan in place in about 15 minutes and my daughter in a chair in another 10. I ran up the street and bought makeup brushes & some products (from Walmart) and we left an hour later with my daughter looking amazing. She looked like a goddess. I'd send you some pictures to see, but Ulta will never see her, or my $$, again. Ever. BTW - I spend about $200 every two months on products for my family. Say good-bye to that!

You need a new manager in that beauty salon. GREAT CLIPS saved prom night, and thus Ulta's bacon. You should send them a Thank You card for bailing you out... because I'd be calling my lawyer on Monday morning if prom had been ruined after all I'd invested in it.My new mission for the coming weeks is to cross-post this story everywhere that I can find a blog to do so. The Ulta-Denton Texas store beauty salon is terribly unprofessional. The unsuspecting need to know!

Ulta Beauty — discrimination and defamation of character

While shopping at Ulta Beauty, my daughter and I were consistently followed by an employer (Nate Krieger...

Ulta Salonunprofessional

I was disappointed with the attitude of the cashier kisha when I approached her to ask about a styling tool that was put on hold for me. I live in ms and when the store there didn't have the product the manager contacted the mobile store and one was put on hold for me after driving an hour to get there and I asked about it she said she didn't know about it but another lady found it and when I got ready to check out I asked about a coupon that I was sent via phone and she acted like she didn't have time to help me or it was the wrong one, I told her not to worry about it I felt like I was being rushed I will never visit this store nor would I recommend this locayion

• Al
                Alreata Lucky Feb 18, 2011

I received a letter stating that I had been denied credit in the amount of $436.67. With Ulta Salon. I never tried to open an account with these people. Is there anyway that I can find out who did? my e-mail is reata @comcast .net

Ulta.comfraudulent charges

I tried to order two items from Ulta.com last night. I checked my "shopping cart"; checked the total, everything looked fine. I paid for my order and, when the receipt page came up, it showed that I was charged an extra $50.00 for an item I never ordered! I contacted Ulta "guest services" right then. Via the website and by phone. They said the order was magically already in process and they could not stop the order. LIES.

They said I could refuse the package when it arrives. When they get the items back, they will refund everything but shipping costs within 60 days?!?! So essentially, I am held hostage while they sit on my money for 70 to 90 days?!

I have filed fraud claims with my credit card company and I have been assured I will not have to pay a single red cent to these hostage taking ###. Meantime, I am tired of this kind of corporate fraud and hostage taking. If Americans don't stand up to this and refuse to pay to be treated poorly... we might as well pack it in now. This is ridiculous.

Ann F Taylor Dec 13, 2012

ulta.com offers 2 for 1 sales but does not tell you that you need to do something to get that deal. You assume that you need only purchase the product and you will automatically get the 2 for 1 deal. So you order and they get the money and you don't get the deal. Surely this is false advertising.

Ulta.comnever got refund for items returned

I ordered a some items via ulta.com website. I mailed several back due to the lack of quality of these items, i.e. hair accessories. I sent an email to Ulta letting them know that I did not receive a refund and in the email I included a copy of the UPS delivery receipt. Ulta sent an email back to me stating that it had been too long and there was nothing they could do to assist me. I do not understand how it is that they got my money and they got their products back but they will not issue a refund or do anything to take care of me, the customer.

Ulta — misleading salon charges

On December 20, 2012, I called to make hair cut appointments for me and my daughter. I asked if we could have...

Ulta Beauty — deception and discrimination by manager of ulta port orange fl

Since october angela kept telling me that next week we will be pulling applications and next week never came...

Ulta, The Forum, Carlsbad — loud music

I went with some ladies to the Ulta store at the Forum in Carlsbad. Very Loud Music with bass so loud you...

Ulta — very loud music

I went into store to purchase holiday gifts, makeup, etc with some friends Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012. There wa...

Ultabait and switch! no free gift with purchase!

I ordered from Ulta.com during their big promos and they never sent me my free gift with purchase. They had a big advertisement on their website that tells you you are going to get this free gift with purchase (some of them cost just as much as the item you are purchasing). Then you place your order and never get it in the mail. Surprise surprise! This happened to me and happened to one of my friends. They assume that you will not complain and wind up getting away with it. In addition to the fact that you now have you wait 24-48 hours until a manager gets back to you when you call customer service and when they finally do (if you are lucky enough to answer your phone when they call) they are very rude, talk over you, talk in circles, and then only offer the $10 gift card and claim that is all they can do otherwise they will get in trouble. BULL! Classic bait and switch. I had ordered a Pur minerals pressed powder and a free chisel brush was being offered with the purchase. I just happened to take a print screen showing my basket with the free gift. When I spoke with the manager (who insisted on seeing proof) I sent her this print-screen. Well all of a sudden her e-mail doesn't work and when I explain that it said free gift with purchase underneath the item she says "Well it didn't say what the free gift was." I told her that the advertisement said that free gift was the chisel brush with the purchase of a compact. She then told me that it could have stated that there was a minimum purchase requirement and that it might not have been a full sized brush so all she could only offer the $10 gift card. I told her that was unacceptable and that it didn't make sense to get a $10 gift card in lieu of a $23 chisel brush pre-tax. She said I had no proof of the free gift and that if it "fell out of my basket" it was not Ulta's fault. I then asked her for proof of the minimum purchase requirement and that to prove that it wasn't a full sized brush. She couldn't and then told me that was all she could do. I am planning on calling them every day until they send me that brush. I have been a loyal customer for almost 10 years but will not be spending any more of my hard earned money at Ulta or Ulta.com. I will be shopping at Sephora instead as they offer better samples and do not try to gyp you on your free gift with purchase.

• Ls
                      LS-D Jan 06, 2014

We also have the bait and switch thing going on in Charlotte for the dermalogica brand. At first I thought it was just popular and it was frustrating because every time I went specially for the "free gift- a $60 value" they were out. After a couple of times of this, I started calling ahead. Funny, they didn't have it at opening on the first day of the promotion. They offer a couple of packets as a replacement- which are hard to use and not a replacement.. It's obviously a ploy just to get you in the store and they don't ever intend to have it. I wish someone would sue them for this- they deserve it.

Jamira84 Apr 12, 2013

I agree 100%!!! Ulta tries to compete with Sephora but its not even close! The Customer Service is a joke, their website is one of the worst out there.

Ulta — falsely accused of stealing

I come into ulta all the time and purchase whatever I want. Lately, i've been feeling like I was being...