TXUbilling

We received our bill last month and it was 371.32 and I was researching other options because we cannot afford that amount. I spoke to TXU on July 13th and we decided on a new plan that would lower our monthly bill and I just received our new bill which is 480.77. I called TXU and they explained that the new rate didn't start until August 1st. That is wrong the whole reason for changing was to lower my bill which should be immediate which was not explained. I felt like they could help me a little and that was not the case today they just said to bad and gave me another number to call. I took the initiative to search for cheaper alternatives and when their employee doesn't follow through on explanation I have to pay NOT RIGHT...I will not recommend them and would like to find a different company that will be caring and understanding...Eunice and Shirley Coats

RESOLVED

• Pa
    pahenderson Feb 10, 2013

I was ripped off by TXU today, I was having problems in Paying my bill and was asking for more time to make a payment due to sickness and no income, I talked to a 'Marcus' he lead me to believe If I made a deposit $170 payment he could give me more time to pay the balance of my bill. So I gave TXU the last of all my money in the bank that I had, once the payment was confirmed, this 'Marcus' person then told me he could not help me anymore and if I don’t want my lights for go out I needed to pay another payment $340 quote "Marcus: We are not able to set another payment plan for you since the system will not allow us to create another one, please contact us at [protected] to set up a payment plan directly with a supervisor in case you need more time to pay. Then signed off. so now I have no money in my bank or any way to get any by legal means and I am about to be CUT OFF as well and All I did was request was more time to pay now I am out of money out of lighting and heat and out of time, it’s not that I did not or could not pay all I needed was 10 days for the next pay check and this account would have been settled in full not to conned out of what funds I had and left in the dark.

• Rb
    RBC81 Aug 14, 2009

It's sad really - TXU (used to be TU Elec/TX Power and Light...) used to be such a good company. Best customer service ever...now it is undeniably the worst.

• Wi
    wieg6304 May 03, 2009

txu is aweful

• Wi
    wieg6304 May 03, 2009

TXU has taken $285.00 out of my checking account that was not owed and when I call to check on the status of the investigation that was 2 months ago, all they do is repeat what has been noted to my account. This is theft and we as consumers are victims of theft! I have been a customer of TXU for 8 years and cannot believe this bad business. Since, I have no voice in the situation, protect yourself and DO NOT use TXU as your electricity provider.

• Ww
    wwb Nov 06, 2008

Long time, never late customer. Nearly 2 weeks of no service due to Ike. Next bill is "estimated" and way more than reasonable. TXU, when called, said just pay half and we'll work it out next cycle (they could not read the meter because of storm). Fast forward to next month. They charge a late fee, threaten to cancel service if not paid, and say on statement that the extension was my idea!

Calling support (Philippines) was not a customer-friendly experience ("supervisor"). Refused to even apologize saying it was "out of their control" - what a way to make a custoemr furious!! I'll be moving to another vendor ASAP. TXU=Totally Clueless Utility