TWX*AOL ServiceUnauthorized charges!

I have been tying to resolve this unauthorized debit withdrawal of my account for $30.90 through my bank and AOL services for the last three years ,and have gotten no resolution to my problem. I am a soldier serving my country and every penny I earn is worked hard for.

Beware people!

• Er
    Ernest Mattio Jr Dec 02, 2007

I've been getting charged 25.90 for dial up AOL service for the past 6 months, I have comcast internet service so I don't need the service. Please make it right and cancel the dial up service and return the money to my credit card, Please.

Thank You, Ernest Mattio Jr.

• Ll
    Lloyd Turlington Dec 17, 2007

I have a charge from AOL(which I have not used for several years) I need to have these reaccuring charges removed. It is debited from my checking account.
    THANKS.

• Je
    Jenna Apr 09, 2008

I just noticed today that my checking account was being billed by three different companies on a regular basis (including twx*aol services). They have been billing my account since April 2007. I just called AOL and they have no account information for me because I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM! This is extremely upsetting. The total charges are now close to $80 from AOL. The other company that has been billing me illegally is Ccbill.com. Over the past year I have lost a grand total of almost $1000. I am a college student and cannot believe this has happened to me. I can't afford to lost that much money.

• La
    Lashunta Oct 27, 2008

I got charged $25.90 for TWX*AOL Service. I do not have aol. I want to know why am I being bill for something that I don't even have.

• Ba
    Barbara Nov 22, 2008

I have been getting charge $30.90 it started 1/07 then from 11/07 $32.90. I did not know this until 11/22/08. I called my bank, they disputed the last 2 charges. But now I have to go after AOL for the remaining monies, which total $670.90. I contacted my Attorney General about this theft. I Just want to know how the H---- they got my banking info. So if anyone could please e-mail me. ThankYou

• Le
    lev khmelkovsky Jan 27, 2009

I need cancel AOL service. Lev Khmelkovsky

• Pa
    paulette gates May 02, 2009

this company had cost me $100.00 dollars in nfs charges and I don't no know who they are and did not ask for any services from them. I need to know what to this is my second moth of bank charges at $25.00 dollars a whack.

• Pa
    paulette gates May 02, 2009

I need to correct some spelling on my previous complaint. I was typing it and trying to hold my temper, which is hard when you are talking about money unnecessary money being wasted. Now this company twx has cost me $100.00 in nsf charges in past two months for services I know nothing about and didn't request. This cause the bill that the money was alloted for not to be paid. Will someone please tell me what I can do about this

• Nj
    NJshore Jun 23, 2009

AOL is Garbage!!! Hopefully the company does fail in this every changing economy as their product and customer support is the worst. I was billed $47 for un collected billing from last year after they told me my Credit Card would n't process. No kidding!! I not longer wanted your service and had asked that it be cancelled, but it never was and AOL attempted to charge my old Credit Card 4 times, Duh how many time do you try to process an invalid CC. When I spoke to AOL recently I couldn't understand the person on the other end as AOL farms out it's work to other countries, I was told that I had never tried to cancel my service, that AOL had excellent records and is never wrong. Bottom line is I paid to kept some non english speaking person from calling my home 3-4 time a night. AOL hope that a class action lawsuit ifs filed against you soon for bad business practices.

maria.finney Jun 26, 2009

im still being charged £2.99 a month and £2.99 a month from mcafee i dont have an aol account anymore and i want you to stop taking this money from my credit card and i want my money back that you, ve taken off me since last october .

maria.finney Jun 26, 2009

i want my money back.

• Fl
    FLIPPINGMAD Jun 30, 2009

I am with aol and have the McAfee suite which I bought and paid for, and its up for renewal 2110, its a two year subscription, on my bank account I spotted, aol have been taking £2-49 per month for tje McAfeee for 15 months, can I get a refund?? no. when I cancelled with my bank, the bank teller said it happened to her, but because she did not notice for sometime, she only got 6 months refund, and as she said, she must have spent more on calls trying to get it back.
    Aol tell me it not their money it goes to carphone warehouse, Mcafee said i do not have it, only have what I pay for. when my contract is up I am going elsewhere, sick of making calls and having to say pardon, because I cannot understand the person on the line. sick to death of aol all together, now I see i am not the only one they robbing blind.

• La
    Lady_D Jul 14, 2009

I accepted a plan from AOL where you get the first 10 hours free and then so much thereafter per month until you cancel. Well I only needed for a few weeks until my new high speed internet servcie was installed by a different provider. I do online school so I needed something to get connected for a short time. Anyway after the 10 hours I continued using it for about 2weeks then had it cancelled. I was recently on vacation in Florida and checked my bank account online and found a 100.00 deduction from my account by TWX*AOL Service. I just got off the phone with them about an hour ago and they said once I used my free 10 hours I had continued on using an additional 45 hours worth of dial-up. I can agree with that and still could'nt understand the charges. Well, they told me that they charge $2.65 per hour after the free 10 hours. I was sooooo mad. That makes no sense to me. Most companies charge on per month basis and when I heard this I just told what I thought of them. This is how they get there money by not stating this within the agreement. All they say is you will be charged after the free service but no where do they say on a per hour basis as I was just told. I dont understand how these companies are allowed to do this. Oh and after this discussion, Andrew continued to try and offer me services with them. I was like, Hey I know you are required to say this stuff but you just need to stop, I am NOT interested in any services from you. He continues with "Well I would like to tell you about a free CD we offer for no charge for tutorials through Video Professor". I stopped him again and said, " All I want is my money back, I would be willing to pay for the monthly charge for this service but for a 100.00 I could have had 5 months worth of unlimited dial-up through your service, as you are currently offering." He continues apologizing.I was getting nowhere and finally hung up!!! I WILL continue with this matter!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices